Login Problems - BEWARE - Don't keep using your gold card!

I dont see how anyone could hack a Gold Card and Card Reader as there stand alone. So in any case this setup is the most secure of all the options atm. Why fk that up?

Most of the banks in the UK still seem to be using similar code generating devices to the gold card system.

Last edited:
I am not sure exactly how they have Entropia Pocket App setup but its very concerning that people would use emulators.

Its a huge security risk depending on its layout.

For someone to guess your password would be almost impossble...

BUT it would be extremely easy to get it with a keylogger by hacking your PC, and if that is done then there right around the corner of taking control of the emulated Entropia Pocket App and pulling a code off it so in the end what is the point of the app?

And if your cell phone is on your wifi connection then with enough time while there pulling a password for EU off computer then they might could find a work around to pulling it off your phone as well so again whats the point?

Again not sure how the app is setup so it might be damn near impossible to pull off the app on cell phone, but it would be extremely easy to get it off computer with emulator. Unless the person has took the time to secure there PC on a more advanced scale then just standard software's and a few tweaks

I dont see how anyone could hack a Gold Card and Card Reader as there stand alone. So in any case this setup is the most secure of all the options atm. Why fk that up?

Melodrama aside:

- it's far more likely someone would just steal your gold card off your desk than emulate your phone.
- you can encrypt your phone, add lockout/wipe phone mechanisms
- you can just as easily intercept the password AND keys you're entering on your pc in the same means you speak of now.

Ultimately security lies with you. If you are this concerned, your password better be 24 characters long and super complex and you have 500 a year minimum virus scanner.

It's 2017 folks. Gold card is great but it is also cumbersome. I'm still all for having a physical reader if players want to pay for it. I think that's how blizzard does it. It's been a while. Whatever gives you peace of mind.

deactivated

Last edited:
deactivated

Last edited:
Gold Cards

Its very very unlikely someones going to fly to your house break in and get your gold card or card reader. Or a co worker or person you know for that matter...

There is pretty much 0 chance of your card reader getting stole...

But theres over 9 billion people in the world and your computer and phone are hooked to a few billion of them and there are extremely bright minds in country's with little money with people who have all the time in the world to sit at the convenience of there home and find a way past all these defenses.

How you think all these huge coperations with top notice security are getting hacked. Your phone and computer would be extremely simple thing.

Your Gold Card and Card Reader sitting in front of you they have 0 chance of hacking that.

I concur... A stand alone GC is the most secure way to go and one reason, amongst others, is why I will not use a PC or Phone based App for login..

Its very very unlikely someones going to fly to your house break in and get your gold card or card reader. Or a co worker or person you know for that matter...

But theres over 9 billion people in the world and your computer and phone are hooked to a few billion of them and there are extremely bright minds in country's with little money with people who have all the time in the world to sit at the convenience of there home and find a way past all these defenses.

How you think all these huge corporations with top notice security are getting hacked. Your phone and computer would be extremely simple thing.

Your Gold Card and Card Reader sitting in front of you they have 0 chance of hacking that.

Like I said, they can just as easily intercept the traffic you are sending to entropia. Your password and your keys.. which is good for about 15 to 20 seconds.. if you want to go that far.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with having a physical reader but I'm not that paranoid.

Computers are getting hacked because they are left unsecured. The recent botnet attacks are because all these devices were left using the manufacturers default password. Same would be true for routers et all that people use.

Last edited:
deactivated

Last edited:
Nice

i just want to depo my 50$ and log off,

btw ma got the worst support ever

-black gold card owner still no login

for me as customer it just feels like :

MA: yo, we just dont give a fck....
customer: yeah but...
MA: we just dont,give a fck...
customer: how long do i need to wait till i can login?
MA:dont,give,a fck... *case closed*

black gold card use here and no access yet.

i assume MA is working rather hard on this issue now cuz GC users are at least depositers and they might be working on mayhem if not for this issue so MA is losing their rolling-in-ped min by min.

or i take this as a god send and work on duolingo or something instead of spending money on meaningless shit, ahem

so they wont hotfix it untill 9:00 ?

am i right this problem exists since 01.01.2017 ?

The Nanites used for Viceroy upgrade, can they only be found through Treasure mining on Arkadia, or hunting aswell?

Sorry for OT, but couldn't find answer.

The Nanites used for Viceroy upgrade, can they only be found through Treasure mining on Arkadia, or hunting aswell?

Sorry for OT, but couldn't find answer.

Very OT. Underground hunting, planet top mining.

i just want to depo my 50$ and log off,

btw ma got the worst support ever

-black gold card owner still no login

for me as customer it just feels like :

MA: yo, we just dont give a fck....
customer: yeah but...
MA: we just dont,give a fck...
customer: how long do i need to wait till i can login?
MA:dont,give,a fck... *case closed*

I am getting the exact same treatment from them. How sad is the addiction that we let ourselves be treated as such.:mad: :mad:

so they wont hotfix it untill 9:00 ?

am i right this problem exists since 01.01.2017 ?

This is a general maintenance window. There is no indication this maintenence window will resolve the black GC users problem.

is it even POSSIBLE for a black gc bugged account to swap to POCKET entropia android verification... during the bug?

black gold card owner

ive been in contact with support and they answerd several times until 13:48 swedish time yesterday. after that nothing. ive tried to get the pocket app. ive done as they said, nothing. and i think it was the same with gold cards last year when we got in to a new year or maybe the year before.. hoping they fix this today..

chat whit MA

(08:45:43) *** Visitor 74837920 joined the chat ***
(08:45:45) Entropia Universe Support Team: Hi, we can only help you with download, install and login related issues. If you have other questions, please refer to our FAQ or file a support case.
(08:47:02) Visitor 74837920: I cany loggin GC is bloked can delete it and i install poket?
(08:47:29) *** Ulf joined the chat ***
(08:52:21) Ulf: Hi, We are aware of this as stated in the support news
(08:53:24) Visitor 74837920: i know i like u desactice my gc then i can active poket bcz i cnat see id number
(08:54:18) Ulf: We will be doing a fix today hopefully, please file a support case and we'll get to it as soon as possible.
(08:54:54) Visitor 74837920: kk ty
(08:55:36) Ulf: I am sorry for the lack luster answer but currently we are coordinating the testing of the fix so we thank you for your patience.
(08:55:52) Ulf: If you'd like, you are welcome to participate as we will need a few users with effected cards.
(08:56:12) SIXDENYS: ok
(08:56:42) Ulf: Do you have a skype which we could add to faster go back and forth?
(08:57:38) Ulf: I promise that I will assist to get you sorted with your Gold Card or if you'd prefer to go to pocket instead after we are done.
(08:58:30) SIXDENYS: yes is +++++++ skype
(08:59:11) Ulf: Add sent, thank you for your participation, I will speak to you there.
(09:00:49) *** SIXDENYS left the chat ***

Everyone make a support case and demand that mindark compinsates us for the total inconvenience

:eyecrazy:

How you think all these huge corporations with top notice security are getting hacked. Your phone and computer would be extremely simple thing.

I just pictured that! Me struggling with a burglar saying, "Take my money..not my GC reader you bastard!" :laugh:

Sorry.... carry on..I still can't log on though MA..: :eyecrazy:

Last edited:
Servers are back and still can't login

Last edited:
Welp, OK...servers rebooted and..err..ummm..damn? (some are laughing in my face :laugh:)

Everyone make a support case and demand that mindark compinsates us for the total inconvenience

at the moment its purely a mild inconvenience and no real need for compensation other than an explaination on what happened. Compensation shouldn't be requested unless you have suffered real loss, and all thats lost here is the chance to cycle PED (MA will have lost a fair bit), we have no subscriptions to play.

Be Patient and hopefully the fix lands today, which after seeing sixdenys' post above me, it sounds close

stop complaining, <removed> lackeys will tell u that u are a tool and a drama-quen! u want a good game? lol u are in the wrong place, this game is just for stealing your money and make MA rich, not for the players... this show for the milion time that they dont give a crap about players! "nice game experience", "game flow and vision" they dont even heard about that! is just about depo and gambling! WAS about that, now u cant do even that lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottom line no matter how you try to pitch it the Stand Alone Gold Card Reader and Gold Card setup is the most secure.

My beef is not with the system but the build quality of the hardware. It is of the cheapest consumer grade flimsiness. I received mine for free after a certain threshold in accumulated deposits. After examining the failure risk I opted against activating. A contributing factor is also the inconsistent quality of support when you need it (sometimes they're fast and great, sometimes not at all). A number of people for whom it had nevertheless worked flawlessly over the years will always respond with incomprehension. This doesn't help those for whom it didn't, some threads tell their stories.

Last edited:
Back