Disturbance notice regarding Gold Card security system

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
We are aware of a current issue involved logging in with Gold Card security.
It is currently being investigated and we are working hard to make sure all effected will be able to log in with their security option as soon as possible.
We apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you during this incident.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Originally Posted Here

We are aware of a current issue involved logging in with Gold Card security.
It is currently being investigated and we are working hard to make sure all effected will be able to log in with their security option as soon as possible.
We apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you during this incident.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Originally Posted Here

Looks like I may get to play today after all. :computer:

(Sherlock is at 8:30pm for UK people.)

compensation for gold card security system users? :confused:

MA pls

Nice fast response :).

Also thank you to the techies who are working on new years day, it could have waited :).

Oh dear!

I work over weekends and tried to log in..NOPE!
Is there a ETA of when this will be fixed,please? :confused:

Great, I spent the first week of vacation almost blind due to an eye infection. Now that I can see again, I still can't play...
bummer.

Guess I will go outside or something terrifying like that.

deactivated

Last edited:
I don't have a smartphone and I don't need one.

Can we run the app on other platforms please
Naomi

Download an Android emulator and you have your gold card always inside your PC.

For example http://www.memuplay.com/

True :bandit:

If you want to try out an Android emulator I can recommend Bluestacks, I've used it for the past 3 years. Plays all the Apps I've thrown at it during that time and is regularly updated and improved upon.

www.bluestacks.com

As to the Black Gold Card issue, I'll continue to wait it out rather than disable or use the Entropia Pocket App.

compensation? lol. most people got that thing for free and used it on their own risk. also you should pay MA for not being able to lose money to them while u cant login.
other people are long overdue for compensations and they never received any.

I agree compensation is due to all gold card users.i don't have all my 40 hours yet for mm so compensation will go some way to fix this.

This is not first time a small percentage of people have not been able to log in game (stuck in space, xp users after a certain vu update etc). MM dont finish till 11th so they still have time to fix issue and for you to complete your 40 hours.

This is not first time a small percentage of people have not been able to log in game (stuck in space, xp users after a certain vu update etc). MM dont finish till 11th so they still have time to fix issue and for you to complete your 40 hours.

This isn't a small percentage of players, this is a large percentage of players with over $500 deposited, ie, a large percentage of the game's most dedicated players.

This isn't a small percentage of players, this is a large percentage of players with over $500 deposited, ie, a large percentage of the game's most dedicated players.

Are you sure about that? I still see most people in game that i see everyday and the HOF list still has lot of usual suspects. This bug only effects people who are trying to log in with black gold card and not all gold card users.

Are you sure about that? I still see most people in game that i see everyday and the HOF list still has lot of usual suspects. This bug only effects people who are trying to log in with black gold card and not all gold card users.

Can someone explain to me why the color of the card matters?:scratch2:

I don´t care where the problem is, MA just has to fix it.

I paid for my gold card, not a free one.
I want it functional.

I don´t want any app or emulator to be able to log into my 10 year old account.

So give a shit about any workaround!

Fix that damn bug.

Nothing else!

:mad::mad:is been 2 days I can't play can you fix the bug :mad:

Yeah.. this is just getting ridiculous now.

Black Cards Matter

Still no fix?

Wow...
this is gonna hurt on the revenue sheet... bigtime

And no, no way I am using an app on my phone to login. My goldcard is stored nice and safely. No way that I will be downgrading security to an app that anyone could access once they steal my phone.

Not to mention that I see absolutely no reason why my phone and EU should be connected in the first place.

It is fixed as of yesterday :)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-regarding-Gold-Card-security-system-Resolved

Still no fix?

Wow...

And no, no way I am using an app on my phone to login. My goldcard is stored nice and safely. No way that I will be downgrading security to an app that anyone could access once they steal my phone.

Not to mention that I see absolutely no reason why my phone and EU should be connected in the first place.

Last edited:
Still no fix?

Wow...

You're a day late, it was fixed yesterday.

Also, the chances that someone would steal your phone specifically to get onto EU are so small it would have to be targeted, and in that case your GC is just at risk isn't it.

for additional data,

Version 1.0 can access:
Photos/Media/Files

read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Storage

Camera

take pictures and videos

Other

receive data from Internet
view network connections
full network access
control vibration
prevent device from sleeping

for additional data,

Version 1.0 can access:
Photos/Media/Files

Storage

both required to store the scanned QR code

Camera

take pictures and videos

required to scan the QR code

Other

do i even have to tell you why this is required?
view network connections
as above...
full network access
as above...
control vibration
required for notifications

__

Stop being an utter alarmist.

for additional data,

Version 1.0 can access:
Photos/Media/Files

Storage

both required to store the scanned QR code

Camera

take pictures and videos

required to scan the QR code

Other

do i even have to tell you why this is required?
view network connections
as above...
full network access
as above...
control vibration
required for notifications

__

Stop being an utter alarmist.

im not been alarmed really as i would be using it if i was able, i just don't know why it needs access to photos/music and storage on USB. surely any stored data would be on the phone. i doubt prevent from sleeping is for notifications however, they should work while its asleep. its more likely so the device on stays while opened, don't want the device going to sleep after 30seconds and you havn't entered the code yet

But one of the main reason apps are produced is to get extra data, this is why we see apps for ebay, paypal, next, argos and so on. all these would be perfectly fine if not better using HTML5 website. But of course a website would be no good for this, im drifting away

ps curious tho, what notifications does an authenicator need to send?

Last edited:
Still no fix?

Wow...

You store your EU username and password on your phone too? :scratch2:

im not been alarmed really as i would be using it if i was able, i just don't know why it needs access to photos/music and storage on USB. surely any stored data would be on the phone. i doubt prevent from sleeping is for notifications however, they should work while its asleep. its more likely so the device on stays while opened, don't want the device going to sleep after 30seconds and you havn't entered the code yet

But one of the main reason apps are produced is to get extra data, this is why we see apps for ebay, paypal, next, argos and so on. all these would be perfectly fine if not better using HTML5 website. But of course a website would be no good for this, im drifting away

ps curious tho, what notifications does an authenicator need to send?

USB storage also includes SDcards on your phone (it's not talking about the USB port). So if you installed the app on your SD card (to save internal memory), it would require read/write access for the QR code.

Yes, also, I made a mistake with the final part - vibration is for notifications & no-sleep is standard for apps which require the screen to stay active even with no input (all android games, for example).

The app doesn't need to send notifications, it just can (I guess future iterations will have an EU news feed incorporated, perhaps even incorporating virtual tycoon & EU Pocket (or more likely just introducing the features of VT onto EUP).

Yes many apps collect data on you, as do many other things - reward cards, credit cards, loan companies, etc. I would really doubt MA has any intention of data mining you or anyone else for the purposes of EU. Additionally, if you think any HTML5 website cannot track you and data mine you as well... especially with a user account... The company I work for uses a freely available tracking tool to find out even what parts of the website you are focusing on (e.g. length of time on page, even length of time of section of individual pages).

It's nothing new, but it's not what MA are interested in. Once the development of the app is paid for, it's free. Physical GC & GC readers are not.

Back