Waiting 12 seconds between searches

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi
Can we adjust this 12 second rule, it's a pain in the butt. I'm not a bot, I am human and like to think faster than 12 second pauses. Maybe 3 seconds.

Cheers
Bjorn, superfast human searcher

You can also wait 12 seconds because you are a human. Reducing it too far means you open this forum to a DDOS attack from rogue bots doing forum searches (looking for vulnerabilities), which would be the most cpu intensive operation that happens on forums.

Hi
Can we adjust this 12 second rule, it's a pain in the butt. I'm not a bot, I am human and like to think faster than 12 second pauses. Maybe 3 seconds.

Seconded, thirded and fourthed... :wise:

Last edited:
12 seconds is nothing. The standard is 25

If you use a few seconds to think you might not need to wait those 12 seconds all the time.

If you use a few seconds to think you might not need to wait those 12 seconds all the time.

AH... so you're the annoying person who stands in line at something and takes 20x longer then everybody else...

Dumb comment

AH... so you're the annoying person who stands in line at something and takes 20x longer then everybody else...

Dumb comment

Someone once said that if you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?

I could be saying so you are the annoying person who stands in line at something and uses 20 attempts getting it right?

Edit; oh, "Dumb comment".

heheheeee

sometimes I get the "wait x seconds between.." too

.. but I dont search that often or write multiple Messages that often .. so I just wait and try again :tongue2::silly2:

I get it on my FIRST search every single time, which is anoying

12 seconds is p*ssing annoying.

Christ, the number of times i think, 'oooh i could search this as well'. Open new tab, search......you have to wait for blah blah.

Oh for the love of god......slow slow slow, wait wait wait.

Just like the old entropiawiki.com, countless times i forget what i was going to look for becuase it took sooo damn long to load.

12 seconds is a life time, especially when you have a shit memory and you get distracted, come back to the first search, go through a few, then go to the second tab to search for....crap what was i going to search for?.....all because 12 seconds is a frigging life time.

Just like idiot drivers at roundabouts ;-) waiting waiting, while space after space goes by.

Although, looks like i will have to put up with it, cause it's a security matter, which i much prefer to have in place.

Rgds

Ace

This happens to me often too because I initially always click "new posts" which is considered a search too. So if I then need to search, I get hit by a meaningless and annoying delay. First search word may be a typo, or you pressed a premature enter by accident.

Computers (and hackers) are smarter today than this being necessary. Those who want to ddos can do it with this delay too. What about max 5 searches within a minute? Google would be dead if they had this time limit.

Agreed, the time limit is stupid

What the waiting at red traffic lights does to your blood pressure I dont know if 12 seconds seems excessive.

When I encounter the 12 second forum message I count to 15 and the problem goes away. :)

Back