Info: Is eco ALL you need? Test

We really all need to stop trying to guess which x, y coordinate is going to pay out because I'm 99.9% certain that none of that really matters.

As messi says, just fucking shoot. And I will add.. just fucking shoot something that makes the game fun.

this pretty much sums it up

As messi says, just fucking shoot. And I will add.. just fucking shoot something that makes the game fun.

Thats one strategy, if you have enough peds to keep going that is or being able to make decent returns on whatever you're hunting.

I find the eco/return-optimization a fun part of this game, it what sets entropia apart from other mindless grind-mmo's.

Loot isn't random, there is a way to understand it. Perhaps not all aspects are possible to predict but most of them are in one way or another understandable by looking at past/current loot distribution.

Loot isn't random, there is a way to understand it. Perhaps not all aspects are possible to predict but most of them are in one way or another understandable by looking at past/current loot distribution.

:confused:

common misconception!

:confused:

common misconception!

Care to develop?

Every set of data that isnt purely random will follow a distribution. The data you can gather from entropia will enable you to see atleast some reoccuring phenomena and by doing that predict some relevant variables.

You were referring to Spawn's post, right?
Actually he speaks not only about the "right time" but there's reference to the "right place" also. Kinda like 4D (spacetime) coordinates.

I would have to agree with this. Things i also noticed which can affect this is activity. What mean by activity is either online or actively hunting. The more you hunt the smaller the above window in a way. Ofc the pro hunters cant test this because their hunting all the time but take a month or two off your be surprised how sexed up your loot is. No doubt a balance thing to make it more fairer for all wallet types.

But yeah i came back tried the above hunting mining crafting everywhere following my own rule (not shareing btw) and first few days was hitting hofs etc etc found two ul items from 2 different mobs in space of 40 mins yeah it was only a101 and corrosive 1 ul chip but thats still 450ped mu so. But the more i hunted craft mined the harder it was to get the ped back and ulitmately i started bleeding peds.

300 quid depo lately i gave up and will log for a few months. I still think hofs ie stuff over 10k ped is done by ma as their constantly dipping into the loot pool to balance stuff.

Last edited:
No...

okay i guess you are trolling me so i just stop trying to teach you. enjoy ur taming.

...the problem is you're not listening. I agree with what you're saying on the front end. I agree with what Rick is saying on the backend. Rick's answer is more well thought out and experiential.

Brick

Is eco all you need (to break even or profit slightly)
YES

Is eco all there is
NO

Whatever there is out there. Go shoot and see for yourself.

Is eco all you need (to break even or profit slightly)
YES

Is eco all there is
NO

Whatever there is out there. Go shoot and see for yourself.

I second Acro's comments above^

I do not know if you have read my signature thread, but I can attest to using eco laser pistols all year long and obtaining over 100% TT return and this was way before I obtained an Ares Ring Improved.

Over my experiencing in using Chon and TT Pistol, I can share these two points;

1. if you have alot of negative runs it means you are adding peds to the lootpool that someone else could obtain if you do not try and attempt to grind for it back.
2. it actually matters how much you cycle on a given mob, if you hop around a lot on different mobs this will actually hurt you long term as your peds are dispersed.

So my advise would be to generally stick with the mob you are hunting until it coughs up more than you put into it, because what you have done is taken someone else peds that they have dumped in, stopped hunting when the losses got too much and now you have taking it for yourself.

This is why DPP is so important in getting ahead in TT. I have recently taken a beating on Berycled Young losing about 104 peds, I have not attempted to gain it back and since then multiple high loots have dropped on berycled young, so my guess is those peds I've lost is now with those hunters.

Mind you I'm still above 100% with that kind of lose!

If you hunt a mob that is not hunted a lot, then you are going to lose more often and gain less far less than that so do keep that in mind, hunting popular mobs is actually beneficial for your returns, as you have far more opportunities to get ahead, provided your eco is higher than the avg hunter.

Last edited:
I do not know if you have read my signature thread, but I can attest to using eco laser pistols all year long and obtaining over 100% TT return and this was way before I obtained an Ares Ring Improved.

Over my experiencing in using Chon and TT Pistol, I can share these two points;

1. if you have alot of negative runs it means you are adding peds to the lootpool that someone else could obtain if you do not try and attempt to grind for it back.
2. it actually matters how much you cycle on a given mob, if you hop around a lot on different mobs this will actually hurt you long term as your peds are dispersed.

So my advise would be to generally stick with the mob you are hunting until it coughs up more than you put into it, because what you have done is taken someone else peds that they have dumped in, stopped hunting when the losses got too much and now you have taking it for yourself.

This is why DPP is so important in getting ahead in TT. I have recently taken a beating on Berycled Young losing about 104 peds, I have not attempted to gain it back and since then multiple high loots have dropped on berycled young, so my guess is those peds I've lost is now with those hunters.

Mind you I'm still above 100% with that kind of lose!

If you hunt a mob that is not hunted a lot, then you are going to lose more often and gain less far less than that so do keep that in mind, hunting popular mobs is actually beneficial for your returns, as you have far more opportunities to get ahead, provided your eco is higher than the avg hunter.

This advice should probably be stickied or something. People just don't believe that you only lose when you stop shooting/dropping.

Ped is added to the pool and then given away through multipliers. You just have to make sure you're the one collecting the multis. Eco/DPP saves you ped, not makes you ped.

With regard to the lootpool payouts I've noticed the same is true for mining, although the eco factor isn't easy to measure in mining, but payouts after ped is added is measurable.

This advice should probably be stickied or something. People just don't believe that you only lose when you stop shooting/dropping.

Ped is added to the pool and then given away through multipliers. You just have to make sure you're the one collecting the multis. Eco/DPP saves you ped, not makes you ped.

With regard to the lootpool payouts I've noticed the same is true for mining, although the eco factor isn't easy to measure in mining, but payouts after ped is added is measurable.

Thank you for your vote of confidence :)

Back