What do you think about Space logoff ?

Youre new arent you?:) This has been thrashed out since the introduction of space and its still here -youll learn:)

One of the oldest topics in the game. Space is long overdue for an upgrade. The log off is there for a particular purpose. MA may remove it if they alter space enough to compensate for it not being there.

We won't need this when they give us Free TP between planets.

I think nobody cares about a pirates right to loot a passanger since its been used since birth of warp travel. ;)

Can you imagine if green dots in pvp4 were able to log out fast enough to avoid being shot - same diff

Pretty sure the OP is <STRIKE>either an alt account, or less so</STRIKE> a returning player...

Because of this
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?290784-Login-Problems-BEWARE-Don-t-keep-using-your-gold-card!&p=3543565#post3543565

And this
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?290784-Login-Problems-BEWARE-Don-t-keep-using-your-gold-card!&p=3543580#post3543580

Real odd that's the topic they gravitated to.
No posts in the type of topics genuinely new players normally start with.
Must be a coincidence account opened Jan 1 to bitch about gold card lockout then start pirating topic.
And never logged in again after BGC unlock, yup a real funny coincidence...

Trolling Trolling Trolling
Keep those alt-accounts going
:twocents: :spam: :locked: :locked: :locked:

Last edited:
Pretty sure the OP is <STRIKE>either an alt account, or less so</STRIKE> a returning player...

Because of this
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?290784-Login-Problems-BEWARE-Don-t-keep-using-your-gold-card!&p=3543565#post3543565

And this
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?290784-Login-Problems-BEWARE-Don-t-keep-using-your-gold-card!&p=3543580#post3543580

Real odd that's the topic they gravitated to.
No posts in the type of topics genuinely new players normally start with.
Must be a coincidence account opened Jan 1 to bitch about gold card lockout then start pirating topic.
And never logged in again after BGC unlock, yup a real funny coincidence...

Trolling Trolling Trolling
Keep those alt-accounts going
:twocents: :spam: :locked: :locked: :locked:

His ingame is Isa Naika Prey. He is a member of nebula virus elite society and has been for a year plus.

I dont see a reason to keep posting about log off, some think it's fair, some think it's not, and some just want space removed.

His ingame is Isa Naika Prey. He is a member of nebula virus elite society and has been for a year plus.

Hence why he dont want people logging off.

originally when space was introduced the revive in each mother ship worked for everyone, not just those in the ship... In theory, if Mindark wanted to do away with logoff in space (which I don't think they really do) they'd just remove all of those revives in the ships... if you die or log off you'd end up at the nearest ss, like it works for those in space not in motherships now.

In theory, if Mindark wanted to do away with logoff in space (which I don't think they really do) ...
Hope they see it the same way. No spaceship except the few upgraded with enough SI would get any business anymore. Any attempt to "steer" players towards adopting more risk is doomed to fail miserably. If they go to the extreme, all they'll achieve is isolating the planet economies from one another. However, if that was the goal... We'll see and draw the conclusions.

Unfortunately there are two many flaws in space to make its removal a success currently. If space were to be properly balanced then it could be removed.

It was initially called an exploit by MA, who then later retracted that statement, I presume when they realised the amount of work they would have to do to make it work practically. I am not just talking about the physical removal of it, but the very way the ships interact would need to be altered.

The removal of log off would encourage SI upgrades, which is a boost to the economy. More risk in space would enhance the value of planet specific resources and encourage growth in independent economies. However with current flaws it wouldn't be long before the support cases would flood in with x y and z problem, and people would be discouraged from entering space at all due to the issues.

To give them their due, there have been a few of the issues addressed, but it needs some more work to be a success.

What do you think about Space logoff ?
What should i think?
If i log off in my quad my travel end.
There are few persons -maybe 10 or so who have mothership which allow them to cheat.
Its problem of cheaters and MA who coded it to allow motherships owners to cheat.

Unfortunately there are two many flaws in space to make its removal a success currently. If space were to be properly balanced then it could be removed.

It was initially called an exploit by MA, who then later retracted that statement, I presume when they realised the amount of work they would have to do to make it work practically. I am not just talking about the physical removal of it, but the very way the ships interact would need to be altered.

The removal of log off would encourage SI upgrades, which is a boost to the economy. More risk in space would enhance the value of planet specific resources and encourage growth in independent economies. However with current flaws it wouldn't be long before the support cases would flood in with x y and z problem, and people would be discouraged from entering space at all due to the issues.

To give them their due, there have been a few of the issues addressed, but it needs some more work to be a success.
I will admit..I was flying in someone's quad and I used 'logoff' as just being an asshat..I didn't have anything but wanted to see and use it to be a bit of a rub..(btw was a used on a newly banned pirate when I did it. ;)) LOL

it's quite simple.

First and foremost there needs to be a possibility for people to travel safely from one planet to another.
pvp needs to be a CHOICE, like pvp zones on the planets.

Secondly there needs to be an option to travel by TP, although twice as expensive as asking a mothership to taxi you.
Those fees can be distributed in either TP share deeds, or pvp zone extra loot.

Also:
I'm not asking for a 3D space map (even though that would be very awesome and is kind'a necessary)
But at least, color the pvp zones, as it is on the planets, so that it can be seen.
Taking into account that the pvp zones should be a small part of all space.

I like space, and love to fly with some friends, and chat, or be afk, or look around. But with pvp as it is now, I never visit it. Hell, I even sold my quad. Taxi only!

Can you imagine if green dots in pvp4 were able to log out fast enough to avoid being shot - same diff

I ever used tp chip into pvp4, if i saw a green dot. (old times/if radar was enabled)

it's quite simple.

First and foremost there needs to be a possibility for people to travel safely from one planet to another.
pvp needs to be a CHOICE, like pvp zones on the planets.

Secondly there needs to be an option to travel by TP, although twice as expensive as asking a mothership to taxi you.
Those fees can be distributed in either TP share deeds, or pvp zone extra loot.

Also:
I'm not asking for a 3D space map (even though that would be very awesome and is kind'a necessary)
But at least, color the pvp zones, as it is on the planets, so that it can be seen.
Taking into account that the pvp zones should be a small part of all space.

I like space, and love to fly with some friends, and chat, or be afk, or look around. But with pvp as it is now, I never visit it. Hell, I even sold my quad. Taxi only!

It should have 2 options, if you use vehicles into space, for travel to planets.

option 1 = PVP free way, but take 3x the time to fly to there. you can hunt space mobs and mine on some asteroids on the way to planets.. all secure zones.

option 2 = fast way 1/2 of the current time you need to use for going to a planet, but only small corridors with pvp on. Would be also better for pirats, about the small corridors.

Option 1 dont allow stackables, except those you loot into space. Or a wight limitation to go to space.
option 2 allow stackables.

It's an awesome feature that I use all the time to transport valubles between planets! No need to give away free loot to thieves. Besides, it's not like I am gonna waste time looking at my screen while the pilot drives to the destination. Might just aswell log off and get some coffee.

The OP's question, (apart from having been argued over before ad nauseam) is basically flawed as someone on a MS or privateer is NOT strictly speaking in space, (that is to say on a space server) they are on the ship server. So what they really mean is preventing log off when on a ship server. How would that work? well, it won't. MA can't prevent anyone from logging off anytime that they want and there is always the question of accidental DC's. They could, I suppose make it impossible to log off while on a ship, that would require someone to leave the ship before logging off which would make things very awkward. And if someone accidentally DC's while on a ship, would they keep the avatar online (and lootable)? That would be that when the player tried to log on again, they'd get a "your avatar is already online" message and have to send in a support case to get the avatar moved so that they could log on again.

This is yet another pointless "remove logoff" thread from a NVE pirate and should be closed.

That would be that when the player tried to log on again, they'd get a "your avatar is already online" message and have to send in a support case to get the avatar moved so that they could log on again.

They'd have to change the login system to people to log into avatars that are already in game otherwise we'd have stuck avatars cramming ships.

One of the original concepts of space was that we'd have huge space battles, thanks to the pvp player in MA's team, but battles barely even register as skirmishes from what I can tell with a lot of camping of safe zones.

PVP in space was poorly thought out right from the start, single entry points that were easily camped which MA then bodged by making everyone appear at the local station - a single exit point that can be easily camped.

Last edited:
Back