Dorki's quest for profit, mining log

Dorki

Dominant
Society
Guess Who
Michal Dorki Dorcak
It's been few years since my last mining log. The time to give it another try has come. I'll include the cycle from december 2016 as well, even though I spent most of the month hunting rather than mining. However, my plan for 2017 is to only do mining.

Main goals: profit, tower, ATH

Secondary goals: Lvl 50 miner, driller, prospector, surveyor
gather 1200 ARC badges - currently at 525 badges
gather 400 daily tokens for CDF finder - current balance: 43 tokens (ye, I'm a sucker and bought a CDF gun again)

Totals so far

TT cycled*: 105 566,32 ped
TT return: 101 573,12 ped
MU**: +818,5 ped

Profit/Loss: -3 174,7 ped

*probes, finder decay, excavator decay, amp decay
**MU from sales minus the finder and/or amp MU and also minus travel costs

Notes/answers:
Why the daily token finder: I just want to try it out.

Last edited:
The smelliest miner of them all.

Good luck !

The probing 1

...​
The sweat is burning in my eyes as I am squinting through the cheap scope. I can barely see anything through that piece of common dung. However, I dare not come any closer to Eurus service center dropship. As if the news that Rocktropia has been overrun by aliens wasn’t bad enough, this had to happen as well. Eurus just vanished from the maps, disconnected from the teleport network. Come to think of it, why the f*ck have I come here, and where are all my survey probes?​
...​

You can read the full story at http://dorkicles.com/dorkis-amazing-adventures-in-entropia-universe-the-probe/

The data from my first set of runs:

TT cycled: 2624,49 ped
TT return: 2015,48 ped
Markup: +29,18 ped

Gear used: DSEC L30(L), no amps
Place: All over Calypso and Cyrene

I did my first 500 dual drops on Calypso and left for Cyrene due to really bad TT return. As you might suspect, the bad TT return continued. I had no globals or hofs on this set. The whole set consists of 4 mining runs of 200 dual drops each plus the associated decay.

The final markup was rather low due to high finder markup and travel costs. At least it was in the green.

Notes:
Uhm, I forgot what I wanted to write here, will update when I remember :ahh:

The high points of the 800 dual drops were IX melchi a XI lysterium :woot:

Btw, thanks for all the GL wishes. Gl to you all too.

Last edited:
Probing the yellow snow

...​
The snow is squeaking under my trusty turrelion settler boots. I’ve always found that sound pleasant and relaxing. And relaxing is what I need most of all at the moment. I have mined all over the planet in search of rich deposits of … f*cking anything, really. Yet, most my probes return the same annoying NRF message. No resources found again, and again, and again. Just lovely, the 1 ped left on my card winks at me as if it was mocking me.
...​

You can read the full story here: http://dorkicles.com/dorkis-amazing-adventures-in-entropia-universe-yellow-snow/ :yup:

The data from my second set of run:

TT cycled: 2475,63 ped
TT return: 2358,5 ped
MU: +192,74 ped

Gear used: Dsec L30 (L), no amps
Places mined: All over Cyrene, some drops on Calypso

This set was noticeably better than the first few runs. This was mainly thanks to 280 ped crude oil hof and 65 olerin stone and 92 ped ignisium globals. Rest of the drops were rather uneventful. I am currently running the third set of runs. I bought 6 lvl 5 amps for that one and new L30 as I already broke the old one. Anyway, next set will have really crappy overall MU due to high finder MU, unless I find unusually high amounts of something good.

Notes:

The story is a work of fiction, please don't go probing yellow snow when you see it! :wise:

...​
Gear used: Dsec L30 (L), no amps
Places mined: All over Cyrene, some drops on Calypso

IMHO, only ~three minerals on Cyrene warrant using anything deeper than F-105 (gold, dianthus and maybe terrudite or maganite(neither of the latter is really commercially exploitable)). Most local stuff has minimum depths of 250m or less.

Also, just in case you missed them... Cyrene mining maps.

True, I was doing rather well with A22 on Cyrene in the past. I do like the L30 though.

Last edited:
Always like to see this kind of posts :)
Good luckv:yay::yay::yay:

I tried to Guess who it was, but then i saw it was DORKI!

Return of the Dorki

Cosmic Mush
The emptiness of space is starting to get to me. It gnaws on my sanity like a rabid Rover pet. I think I might go bananas soon … Friggin rotten bananas! I forgot to unload them into the storage back on Rocktropia. “F*ck me!” I yell at nobody and nothing in particular. Nobody can hear me scream out here, in space, anyway. I am alone in my cockpit, only the smell of rotten bananas to keep me company. Spaceflights are long and boring. No harm in taking a nap, I guess. I turn on the autopilot and head back into the cargo hold towards my comfy, if a bit smelly cot. “Splash!” says the rotten banana bunch in my pocket as I lie down. I’m too tired. I don’t give a f*ck anymore.
...​

You can read the rest of the story at:http://dorkicles.com/dorkis-amazing-adventures-in-entropia-universe-in-your-face/

TT cycled: 4701,84 Ped
TT return: 5843,07 Ped
MU: +266,27 Ped

Gear used: TerraMaster 5 (L), no amps

Notes: I was confused, gone hunting for a long time, was pedless for a long time in-between. But I have found my way again and have come back to mining now. Sorry I didn't post here for so long. Anyway, Dorki is back now.

I did all my drops unamped with the TerraMaster 5 (L). Pretty damn near broke the whole thing in the process. I got about 19 ped remaining on that finder. The story I mostly wrote many months ago while those crabs still had like 7500 HP.

The good return this run was mostly thanks to 5 Hofs I hit (89ped, 321ped, 431ped, 448ped and 470ped) and a bunch of smaller globals.

The Purple Bush

I am running for my life, literally. Taking my vacation on F.O.M.A. was a mistake. I have forgotten about the unfriendly local fauna and went out for a carefree stroll this morning. That conveniently placed big purple bush was just what I needed. I unzipped my pants and started to take a leak (a rather herculean feat while wearing adjusted harrier if you ask me), all happy and sh*t. I am a moron.
...​

You can read the rest of the story here: http://dorkicles.com/dorkis-amazing-adventures-in-entropia-universe-purple-bush/

TT cycled: 3585,72 Ped
TT return: 2937,21 Ped
MU: +152,2 Ped

Gear used: TerraMaster 5 (L), F-105, no amps

Notes: I did most of this run on Arkadia triple dropping and then some 250-300ish drops on RT. After all this crap, I just ended up on Calypso, mining my arse off. I already completed 2 runs there, however I still don't have the stories to go with those posts. I will post those Caly runs once I write some story/stories to go with them. I have not decided whether I'll clump them together or post them as 2 separate runs.

Regarding the runs I combined into this post, they were uneventfull, I only had a single global 111 Ped.

Argus Chainsaw Massacre
...​
“Congratulations, you have found a deposit of lysterium stone with a value of 245 Ped. Your record has been added into the Hall of Fame!” a jolly voice screamed accompanied by thundering roars of elated crowd from down there near my groin where I kept my F-105. “F*ck!” I screamed and started running through the woods. I could hear the roar of that maniac’s saw behind me. There was a rather spacious crack in the trunk of the tree I was just passing by. It was a no-brainer. I took the chance and pushed myself through the crack into the cavity. The crazy hobo with a chainsaw ran past my hideout and disappeared in the woods. Few moments later, I could no longer hear his demented “Muhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah” ...

...​

You can read the rest of the story here: http://dorkicles.com/dorkis-amazing-adventures-in-entropia-universe-argus-chainsaw-massacre/

TT cycled: 1548,12 Ped
TT return: 1989,32 Ped
MU: +110,36 Ped

Gear used: F-105, unamped

Notes: As the story suggests I did good chunk of this run's 1000 drops at/or close to the Argus PVP zone. The lysterium hof from the story is from the run I did after this one, seemed more appropriate than crude oil global or adomasite hof that I got inside the zone. The lyst hof I hit just outside the Argus PVP.

Other than the Argus PVP, I mined TI and Shinook. I hit 3hofs this run, 178ped adomasite, 256ped cobalt and 176ped durulium.

Surprise muthaf*cka!

“Stay away from the explosive projectiles. Explo crafting is bad, mkay?” everybody says. Dorki knows different though. He will strike it big at the crafting machine thanks to the Git rollin’ in Ped today! secret system he bought online for just 99,99 ped. The author Rich Fecker is some sort of a crafting genius who figured out how the whole network of entropian commercial crafting terminals works. All you need to do to hit it big is to follow his five weird hackz from the e-book. Needless to say, MindArk is really angry at Rich now. There is no time for Dorki to waste. He has already bought the special nanocubes from Rich. The trade negotiations were brutal. Thank Lootius for Dorki’s superior haggling skills. 200% on the nanocubes was a real steal.

...​

You can read the rest of the story here:
http://dorkicles.com/dorkis-amazing-adventures-in-entropia-universe-jubba-the-bot/

TT cycled: 20 588,51 Ped
TT return: 19 516,26 Ped
Markup: +345,8 Ped

Gear used: F-105, lvl 5 amp, lvl 7 amp, TerraAmp 6, unamped

Notes:
Sorry for not posting for a long time. Data was piling up and I kinda couldn't force myself to post it.

Markup is low as f*ck due to the amps I bought and used up.

TT return on amped drops was usually rather low. Oddly enough, couple hofs with lvl 5 amp and unamped swirls evened it out for the most part.

Fictional events of my short-story were inspired by something that actually happened while I was mining around the greater Shinook area.

I recorded few amped runs and posted 2 of them on youtube, but those videos suck *rse. Will make videos of only the swirls and interesting stuff in the future and post/link those here. Already got a bunch of swirlies ready for next set of data to post (and some from this set as well), just need to edit the stuff and upload it. I doubt anyone would be interested in watching hours of boring mining videos without any commentary just to see a swirl every few hundred drops.

Last edited:
First global&hof video is up

I'm happy to say that I managed to go through about 8 hours of mining footage and compile a short global&hof video for you all to enjoy. Most of the swirls are amped. The video is relevant to the latest set of data I posted today. Sadly, it does not contain all the swirls I hit in that 20k ped cycle, as I only started recording my trips towards the end of that dataset.

Last edited:
Hof overload

A solitary global surrounded by hofs, including 997ped belkar hof near the end of the video. All swirlies are unamped. I really wish I hit that belkar multiplier with a lvl 13. All done on Calypso

TT cycled: 3287,64 Ped
TT return: 4475,21 Ped
Markup: +74,11 Ped

Gear used: F-105, unamped, TerraAmp 8*

Notes:

*I was weak. I bought a TerraAmp 8 after I didn't hit a single multiplier in almost 800 dual drops after that 170ish ped copper hof (which came few hundred drops after the belkar hof which was the last one I hit in the 1k drops done at Shinook). Needless to say, I didn't swirl with the amp either. Funny enough though, I had a TT profit of about 30 ped on that amp anyway. Too bad I dished out 90ped in markup for it.

The extra low markup is caused by 90ped MU I paid for the amp as well as the fact that I kept hoffing on sh*tty resources which then made up the bulk of my TT return.

**A little teaser for what's to come in the near future - I went off the rails for couple days. Took some big amps up to FOMA ... You won't see a happy Dorkiface in that video :D

Last edited:
Nice videos and I love the "personal" touch ending on the second one! Very cool!

Lootius Be With You.

:beerchug:

Thanks a lot. Good luck out there and keep in mind that Lootius loves you! That is why he often probes us hard :ahh:

Dorki does FOMA, Lootius does Dorki

I went a bit off the rails on FOMA using a bunch of amps including, but not limited to, terra amps 8 and level 13. Needless to say, I went up with something like 2,8k ped on my card and left with meager 307 ped. :ahh:

Please learn from Dorki's mental breakdown and avoid going broke. :lolup:

TT cycled: 7070,62 Ped
TT return: 5028,81 Ped
Markup: -579,25 Ped

Gear used: f-105, level 5 amp, D-class amp, terra amp 8, level 13 amp, unamped (yep some of those swirls in the video were unamped!)

Notes:

Please note that Dorki went off the rails here and does not suggest anyone should try this sort of stuff. :wise:

The outfit in the video about sums up what I thought about myself after my FOMA episode :laugh:

Sh*t happens and sometimes Dorki goes on a gambling streak too :lolup:

I'm sure everybody here already knows Dorki is not a lucky gambler :eyecrazy:

Don't expect to global if the loot pool cannot support it...

Those moments of "I will never do it again", "I got my lesson", "Now I am sweating", "Here am I doing it again" :laugh:

Humpity-Dumpity pyrite fail

TT cycled: 7039,55 Ped
TT return: 6502 Ped
Markup: -19,97 Ped

Gear used: F-105, TerraMaster 6 (L), amps - level 5, D-class, TerraAmp 8, unamped

Notes:

I tried to chime in on the whole Ashi pyrite free-for-all towards the end of this dataset and while I had fun trolling some idiots shooting miners there (by sending them messages like "I'll be back", and coming back again and again and again so they'd waste their ped shooting me), the extremely low TT return from the actual mining f*cked me royally. Thus the bad results and the negative markup. The pyrite I got just wasn't enough to cover the markup on amps most of the time.

Booooya (sry dunno the exact spelling of your ava name), in the unlikely event you end up reading this at some point in time - GZ on that nice 2,7k cumbriz (I think it was cumbriz or was it zinc?) you hit there while I was roaming around probing the ground. :eyecrazy:

Btw, the unamped non-Ashi portion of this dataset went well.

One of the best miners out there with good sense of humor and videos. Too bad that you cant reveal your favorite mining tracks :cool:

Fruit Worm rampage on level 13 amp

:lolup: I took a level 13 amp for a spin on Calypso today. The run numbers will be included within the next dataset I post. I still have to finish my next swirlie video before I post that though. Ofc. I will not include swirls from this or any other level 13 runs, unless they are an actual multiplier loot. :yup:

Second level 13 amp

I bought a second level 13 amplifier. It turned out to be a good idea. Let's hope the third goes that well too. :wtg:

:lolup: I took a level 13 amp for a spin on Calypso today. The run numbers will be included within the next dataset I post. I still have to finish my next swirlie video before I post that though. Ofc. I will not include swirls from this or any other level 13 runs, unless they are an actual multiplier loot. :yup:

"This is how you should not mine in Entropia Universe" - I must remember that one ..... Excellent ....

Aliens did it, I swear!

TT cycled: 31 918,47 ped
TT return: 29 671,17 ped
Markup: +70,79 ped

Gear used: F-105, DSEC L30, ROCTEC COUGR (or whatever the exact name is), terra master 6, unamped, level 3 amp, level 5 amp, D-class amp, level 10 amp, level 13 amp

Notes:

Yup, low positive MU mainly because of the level 13 amps. I was actually quite surprised when I crunched the numbers and ended up in the green on markup.

Yup, decent chunk of the TT loss was caused by those pesky level 13s too, but tbh, I had a pretty long sh*tstreak lately no matter what I used. Lost about the same amount of ped hunting as well.

Dorki switched to level 13 amps after a mostly unamped crapstreak that was roughly 2,6k dual drops long. All these drops returned no decent multiplier (no unamped globals). Sadly, the level 13s, then level 3s,5s and d-classes returned no decent multi either. Neither did couple thousand unamped drops I did after I stopped amping.

All the swirls in this swirlfest video came within the first 6-10k ped or so cycle of this dataset and all except for small nexus hof and 400+ ignisium were unamped.

A level 13 drop compilation is coming soon.

Last edited:
Mental Hyppo Level 13 Rampage

The title of says it all :ahh:

After a long sh*tstreak of unamped mining and some smaller amps, I went on a crazy rampage with level 13 amps.

The results are incorporated into the latest dataset I posted. I'm positng this late just because I took couple weeks off of EU and it took me a while to cut the footage and find all 206 drops (apparently I missed one or two drops somewhere). :yup:

Level 12 Facepalm bonanza

The title says it all. Dorki came from a break, sweated for about a week. He got restless and blew his last remaining ped on a lovely level 12 amp and M1LF finder in hopes of finding himself a sexy sugarmama. "Blew" being the most important word in the previous sentence :banghead:

Afterwards, Dorki went back to sweating paneleons for another week or so. 47-48k Bottles total in the 2 weeks. Dorki is back on Calypso now.

Back