Brother locked. I'm scared.

My brother just got his account locked and can't log into the client or on the Mindark website.

This is terrifying. I have 20 calypso land deeds. Knowing that my account could be locked at any minute is giving me extreme anxiety. When he tries to log in it says "this account has been locked" but I can still log in. But what if my account gets locked? I want to sell the deeds and withdraw, but what if they lock me for withdrawing?

I think I've made the biggest mistake of my life buying these deeds.

You said that you did bigger mistake buying them.

Did you bought them from unknown source? Or you know that they are stolen from other person ect?

If you are innocent dont be afraid. If not then... RUN Forest, RUN! :D

You said that you did bigger mistake buying them.

Did you bought them from unknown source? Or you know that they are stolen from other person ect?

If you are innocent dont be afraid. If not then... RUN Forest, RUN! :D

I bought my deeds from the auction when they were first released. But I didn't know accounts got locked/deleted like this. If I knew that I would have never deposited so much money. I've heard of people being locked before but he can't even log into the mindark site. No reason given, just account locked, can't log in, can't ask.

i wonder why its allways the "brother" or "friend" of someone who gets locked but never the person itself. sounds like multiaccounting so possibly locked for that.#
most likely its about investigations due to logins from same ip

I've heard of people being locked before but he can't even log into the mindark site. No reason given, just account locked, can't log in, can't ask.

Normally the message says something along the lines of "contact support" You should be able to... I mean your brother should be able access support on the main Entropia website.

Here's the relevant link:

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/contact/

If he has done nothing wrong he doesn't have anything to fear and neither do you. If he has acquired something dodgy accidentally from a trade then he will probably be unlocked once the trade has been reversed.

If its anything else, then it may take longer, but Support is the place to go.

You bought deeds when they first came out, but only now create an account on PCF?
Anyone who has visited here regularly since the issuance of Calypso Land Deeds would be aware of all the drama over the years for situations like this.
If you haven't broken any rules, you have nothing to worry about. If your brother hasn't either, it will get cleared up. If he cannot access, file a support case on his behalf. But if your "brother" is really your alt that faps you... well.. :yup:

Lastly...
Everyone should also be aware that the entropia client has anti-piracy/-cheat measures built-in, which blindly give you an account locked, contact support message. It happened to me a few months ago when I installed Wireshark, a packet-sniffing utility I need to debug network problems. The presence of an enabled "Npcap Loopback Adaptor" will cause the client to give an account locked message -- disabling it from the network adaptor page magically and instantly unlocked my account.

i wonder why its allways the "brother" or "friend" of someone who gets locked but never the person itself. sounds like multiaccounting so possibly locked for that.#
most likely its about investigations due to logins from same ip

My girlfriend plays too and she didn't get locked.

Normally the message says something along the lines of "contact support" You should be able to... I mean your brother should be able access support on the main Entropia website.

Here's the relevant link:

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/contact/

If he has done nothing wrong he doesn't have anything to fear and neither do you. If he has acquired something dodgy accidentally from a trade then he will probably be unlocked once the trade has been reversed.

If its anything else, then it may take longer, but Support is the place to go.

He said he couldn't log in on the website, but I'll ask him to try again tomorrow. He said he didn't do anything dodgy, but he can be a bit rude in chat sometimes. I've never seen him do anything that would get him locked though.

You bought deeds when they first came out, but only now create an account on PCF?
Anyone who has visited here regularly since the issuance of Calypso Land Deeds would be aware of all the drama over the years for situations like this.
If you haven't broken any rules, you have nothing to worry about. If your brother hasn't either, it will get cleared up. If he cannot access, file a support case on his behalf. But if your "brother" is really your alt that faps you... well.. :yup:

Lastly...
Everyone should also be aware that the entropia client has anti-piracy/-cheat measures built-in, which blindly give you an account locked, contact support message. It happened to me a few months ago when I installed Wireshark, a packet-sniffing utility I need to debug network problems. The presence of an enabled "Npcap Loopback Adaptor" will cause the client to give an account locked message -- disabling it from the network adaptor page magically and instantly unlocked my account.

I've never posted on these forums before. I've lerked a tiny bit, but never had a reason to post.

Hmm, if it's sensitive that might explain it. I do some app dev and have android studio/virtualbox installed on my laptop which he sometimes uses. I play on my desktop and have never had a problem. That doesn't explain why he can't log into the Mindark site, but I didn't actually see him try to log in so maybe he did it wrong.

I'm still nervous after this whole thing,

If you haven't broken any rules, you have nothing to worry about. If your brother hasn't either, it will get cleared up.

This.

In the event my own account would get locked, I'd have no concern at all, besides the worry that my account may have been compromised. There is a reason why your brother's account has been locked and it'll get sorted.

Possible that you have buying or deposit with Paypal and in your Bankaccount was no Money? Something must happen that the have close your account, maybee to much Accounts from the same IP?

Errrhmmm what has your brothers account to do with yours?? Maybe just me asking stupid questions buuuut this dosnt make any sense.

Cant see why you are going in paranoid mode here

My brother just got his account locked and can't log into the client or on the Mindark website.

This is terrifying. I have 20 calypso land deeds. Knowing that my account could be locked at any minute is giving me extreme anxiety. When he tries to log in it says "this account has been locked" but I can still log in. But what if my account gets locked? I want to sell the deeds and withdraw, but what if they lock me for withdrawing?

If you are worried that much, yes you should sell and not hold anything of value.

It is a game, not worth worrying over.

Even if his account is locked, he should still have access to the Mindark website/support system.

Find out why his account was locked before you jump to any conclusions.

If you are worried that much, yes you should sell and not hold anything of value.

It is a game, not worth worrying over.

This is not bad advice. If you are prone to paranoia, I would tone down your investment in this game. Don't risk any more PED than you're comfortable with. Slight profit is not worth the stress.

in all my pfc life, i did not saw any similar thread that it was nothing hidden in storry.

but i wish you luck and if al ok, you get unlocked , nothing to worry about.

this fact is not relevant, some peeps doesn't like forums
and others doesn't have enough english skills to get on an english speaking forum but in their own mother tongue

deactivated

Last edited:
So today I watched my brother try to login to the Mindark website and it doesn't let him log in. It just says error. I checked with my account on the same computer and it logged in fine.

Errrhmmm what has your brothers account to do with yours?? Maybe just me asking stupid questions buuuut this dosnt make any sense.

Cant see why you are going in paranoid mode here

I'm scared because I have thousands of dollars worth of deeds, I'm scared because apparently Mindark locks accounts without notice. I'm scared because they didn't give him a reason, locked him out of the client and website and if it happened to me I would lose a lot of money. Maybe 4 grand isn't a lot to you, but it is a lot to me.

Even if his account is locked, he should still have access to the Mindark website/support system.

He does not. His account has been locked from BOTH the client AND the website. He can not log into either.

If you are prone to paranoia, I would tone down your investment in this game..

I wouldn't say I'm prone to paranoia. If a bank closed peoples accounts without warning and wouldn't communicate with them I wouldn't keep my money at that bank. I don't think that's being paranoid, I think that's being smart.

in all my pfc life, i did not saw any similar thread that it was nothing hidden in storry.

but i wish you luck and if al ok, you get unlocked , nothing to worry about.

Thanks, but I am not locked. And honestly my brother doesn't really seem to care. I just don't like the fact that he is locked out of client/website with no communication because if it happened to him it could happen to me.

No worries at all. Mind Ark is not know to banned multiple accounts on the same IP as there are already numerous players who run 2 or several accounts off one IP or computer.

Most likely he got locked for something trivial and might have been the result of a safe guard being triggered. Meaning the system could have auto locked the account until it can be reviewed by a homosapien whom can rationalize whatever occurrence that caused the temporary lock.

This is most likely due to,

VPN Usage
Altered Mac Address
Payment Issues

or something superficial like that...

So far nothing from MA. I got him to use the "Haven't got an account" option here: https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/contact/ since he can't log into the "Do you have an Account?" option. Hopefully they respond soon.

It sounds like this is an unusal case but I've definitely lost a lot of faith in MA.

Hmm i think nobody can you say what is the matter with the Account from you brother. I think the only way is to wait what MA says. If he do nothing wrong i think he get his Account back..

Too many failed logins?

I wouldn't say I'm prone to paranoia. If a bank closed peoples accounts without warning and wouldn't communicate with them I wouldn't keep my money at that bank. I don't think that's being paranoid, I think that's being smart.

Except this is a game, and Mindark is an entertainment company, not a bank.

Have you read the TOU? It very clearly states that they can lock/terminate your account at any time for any reason they choose. No refunds or communication necessary.

How many banks make you agree to that? :laugh:

Lastly...

I use wireshark on a daily basis and never had this problem.

You can contact support without logging on the website. Go to the website - support - contact support - send us a message.

Good luck

As far as I know, someone who gets locked for abuse investigation doesn't get locked from the website.

If you get locked from both game and website, my guess is that it's someone who's trying to guess your password and that the account has been temporarily locked (24 hours?) because of that.

As a sidenote, about the name you chosed here on forum: If you want to be a bit trustworthy here on the forum it can be a good idea to chose a name that's resembling your ingame avatar name; not create a "one-use" forum account.

This is terrifying. I have 20 calypso land deeds. Knowing that my account could be locked at any minute is giving me extreme anxiety.

A normal avatar who buys deeds in a normal way is very unlikely to get locked.

The lock Before because of deeds was because they were bought through an auction order because seller made a mistake, and what may have complicated it was that in the previous case it was a reseller who makes lots of trades (out of which a few might have needed further investigation). Some resellers (I can't tell for this one) are in the riskzone of being locked not because of buying deeds, but rather things like having "brother", "sister", "wife" and "dog" accounts to gain an ingame advantage.

For some reason, you're the second one in a short time, it seems that people who create new accounts here on the forum does it because their brother got locked (previous one was one WHOs brother got locked because of suspected botting). I would suggest that if it's the brother who got locked, that *he* creates a forum account and writes, and that the brother himself Contacts the support department about the lock.

Last edited:
I'm scared because I have thousands of dollars worth of deeds, I'm scared because apparently Mindark locks accounts without notice. I'm scared because they didn't give him a reason, locked him out of the client and website and if it happened to me I would lose a lot of money. Maybe 4 grand isn't a lot to you, but it is a lot to me.

So far nothing from MA.

Whether or not the account was correctly locked is irrelavant to my point below.

This is what MA need to be careful of. People will not invest, and withdraw if there is no communication. This is customer service 101.

Even a simple, "Your account is locked and being investigated, thank you for your patience" would be enough. No communication, is a big worry for people that invest £1000's +

Rgds

Ace

re

I'm happy to see that MA still lock accounts.

You come here and say half of story as always. MA never lock account for nothing mate..

Maybe you (your brother) scammed someone or used a bot or some exploits? ;-)

And if you so afraid, you did something too.

My account is worth a helluva lot more than 20 CLD and I have no fear of my account being locked permanently as I know I have done nothing that would warrant that action. If they temporarily locked my account due to an investigation id be happy to know they take security seriously, I wouldn't create a new account on PCF and come scaremongering. All this does is potentially put off newer players from investing and advancing their ava's and is completely unnecessary.
If you have done nothing wrong then you and your brother have nothing to worry about.

I'm not going to make any guesses about what's going on here, but if this happened to me and there was no communication whatsoever about the reasons nor any hint at possible recourse, I would be just as paranoid, and needless to say fuming mad.

Well, maybe your brother did something bad and didn;t told you. Your account shal be safe if you were not involved.
I play with my GF for years. Separate ,verified accounts ofc. We often trade ingame varius stuff and peds. We use same ruter in house so same IP. Often same computer. So that is ok for MA.

Even asked especially about that support, and they confirmed it is ok. So similar IP or PC is not issue for this lock.

Just lately someone got locked due to log in to EU from different country. Maybe your brother did something like that ?

I bought my deeds from the auction when they were first released.

If you indeed purchased these from the initial offerings , you have made your investment back and the rest is just cake.

Who doesn't love cake?

How can we help? Do you need any peds?

Just got back from a very long hiatus, and suddenly found my account has been locked as well!

Just sent a support case a few hours ago. Hope I'll get a positive response.

By the way, you guys got any idea why it happened? Seems like I'm not the only one who got locked.

Tried to login and the game said that my account has been locked but it didn't say why. Seriously wth. :(

Back