Info: Space 2017

Just because there is a select few extremely arrogant and vocal posters on PCF that agree with you doesn't mean the vast mass majority does.

:scratch2:

Well if they don't agreed they don't see what's happening. Space is ruining other planets than calypso and slowly killing planet partners. Next island is gone and more will come soon if you have a look at auction activity/globals/amount of people on other planets. Hell, you can almost have a planet of your own if you want to. I think you have to have your head under your arm to not acknowledge these problems.

I just want this game to live and I do really hope they shut down space before arkadia drops off. My guess is that Toulan might be the first planet to get killed followed by Cyrene and then maybe rocktropia. Is anyone actually taking bets on this? I think MA won't pull their head out of the sand before another planet partner bites the dust sadly :/

7. Space mining in PvP and non-PvP. This would be huge! Players have been asking for it for a long time. Put high MU ores in PvP zones, other ores and enmats in non-PvP. This will not only stimulate mining in space, new skills and professions. But maybe even security services to protect miners from pirates.

This one would be great :)

Well if they don't agreed they don't see what's happening. Space is ruining other planets than calypso and slowly killing planet partners. Next island is gone and more will come soon if you have a look at auction activity/globals/amount of people on other planets. Hell, you can almost have a planet of your own if you want to. I think you have to have your head under your arm to not acknowledge these problems.

I just want this game to live and I do really hope they shut down space before arkadia drops off. My guess is that Toulan might be the first planet to get killed followed by Cyrene and then maybe rocktropia. Is anyone actually taking bets on this? I think MA won't pull their head out of the sand before another planet partner bites the dust sadly :/

How do you know it's space? Remember that Calypso had a 7 or 8 (?) year head start on these other planets.

My experience with this is that the majority of the player base that wants to go to another planet for an event or mission or just exploration could give a flying fuck about space and would be just as happy to jump from planet to planet with a free TP to get from point A to point B just like they do planet side. The only reason these players go into space right now is because they are forced to. Force consumers to do something they don't want to do and see how well that goes over the long term.:laugh:

How do you know it's space? Remember that Calypso had a 7 or 8 (?) year head start on these other planets.

Because the other planets are awesome. It's only the hassle with space that makes many hunt on calypso. It's also the only working auction. We are to small of a playerbase to have 8-10 auction houses. It's barely enough people to fill calypso auction. Without a working trade system we can't have a working planet in a RCE game. It's pretty basic don't you think? Open up teleporters for free or make the auction universe wide for just a few months and have a look at how the activity will spread out and the game will blossom :wtg:

We are discussing things that could improve your situation. Stop being a fool. Clearly everyone wants planets to improve. My faviroute planet next island is the worst effected. I want to see it improve for everone without space, alot of peoples faviroute thing about the game being removed. You are too short sighted to see there is ways to improve space without removing it. Sure its an inconvenience to you but for other people its what sucked them into entropia. Get back in your bin.

My experience with this is that the majority of the player base that wants to go to another planet for an event or mission or just exploration could give a flying fuck about space and would be just as happy to jump from planet to planet with a free TP to get from point A to point B just like they do planet side. The only reason these players go into space right now is because they are forced to. Force consumers to do something they don't want to do and see how well that goes over the long term.:laugh:

I can't think of a reason to why I would want to hassle through space. Like I said in previous answer to xen. Open up the teleporters and lets see how many that choose the hassle path through space or go directly with a free teleporters. Those numbers should speak for themselves. I guess MA don't want that tho since it would mean a lot lower activity on "their" planet.

We are discussing things that could improve your situation. Stop being a fool. Clearly everyone wants planets to improve. My faviroute planet next island is the worst effected. I want to see it improve with space still involved but you are too short sighted to see there is ways to improve space without removing it. Get back in your bin.

I want to improve it aswell land that's why I'm discussing here. HUGE improvement would be to remove it or make teleporters so we don't have this hassle when we move from planet to planet. I guess they could keep it around for you guys to fly around in tho since that would make everyone happy. Just don't force that timewaste upon others so it kills the planet partners.

Ditto. To shooooort
I dont just think JUST MY IDEAS will work though. I would like to see many things suggested be implemented and many not. I dont entirely agree with everything people want to implement. Your idea of scrapping it completely ruins the game for so many, ship owners and investors, pirates, morgoth & co, repairers, captains, gunners & space mob hunters. Imagine how many people would get butthurt removing lootable pvp from planet too... oh the butthurt from planetside pvpers. . :wise:

Things that could make space more fun and help other planets:
Space mining
More space mobs
Space weather
different ships
ammo return for pvp
player owned warp gates/hunting grounds
more weapons/defenses for ms/privateers
space instances
space missions
more incentives to go to dead planets (next island is dead for a reason lol)
anomalies
different ship weapons for smaller vessels
incentives for space police
more places to explore
more places for pirates to camp other than space stations e.g. mining areas with high risk/high reward
more reasons to engage in space battles and for people to fight back

All of my ideas could be horrible and ruin space but that doesnt stop us from having a discussion which includes keeping space in the game while improving the situation for planet partners and everyone included.

Hating on space and demanding it be removed is not the only thing that could be done. Have an open mind.

Last edited:
I want to improve it aswell land that's why I'm discussing here. HUGE improvement would be to remove it or make teleporters so we don't have this hassle when we move from planet to planet. I guess they could keep it around for you guys to fly around in tho since that would make everyone happy. Just don't force that timewaste upon others so it kills the planet partners.

Have you ever watched what transport of goods does in real life ? How many people on earth live from transporting other people or goods ? How much money do companies spend on warehousing and transports ?
Entropia is loosing out on all those powers that drive the engine of economy and bussiness growth.
Some people might think that removing all of this will make the endproduct cheaper and yes it certainly does - but it also removes the income for many people who have to take other jobs.
Dont you realize that having people doing transports keeps them away from hunting / mining while they are still earning peds to spent on something ? Higher request and less supply gives actual hunters / miners a higher MU.
The key to a strong economy is having a balanced job structure that cycles the cash quick through all hands.
In real life when people stop spending, they hurt the market and damage their own income over time.
There is a reason why many countries support large scale sport events, it gets people to have fun and spend more restarting the engines of growth.
Anything that will expand on job opportunities within entropia will over time benefit the playerbase as a whole.
The TP network may be great for getting quick from one point to the next, but it eliminates a whole bussiness branch and crashes mu for many ressources that would be more valueable if aquiring them took more time / was more risky.
Higher MU thought is what is key to all avatars in the universe who want to play without loss - cause it shifts the costs of running the game to those who like spending and openes opportunities to those who just want to have fun at low costs.

Something i wrote about 5 years ago but still true.
Ask yourself which places on earth you fancy most and if you would still go there if you could reach them through your backdoor every day...

The reason why other planets fail or develop slowly is the same why so many people worldwide move closer to big cities - calypso draws players independant if there is space or not.
Creating just another planet similar to calypso wont work, for it to grow and maintain an own healthy economy it needs to have things that sets it apart and it needs to bring in its own players/customers.

Last edited:

Even though I find space as much fun as political broadcast, it did not kill Next Island. The owner fucked off and left it to decay. Even though people say MA own it now, I have still not seen any statement confirming this. ROCKtropia over years have slowly grown and I would say now it been the best its ever been. People always say about the auction house, but if anyone spent more than 5 mins there will see the shops are very active and most trades are done player to player. Lets face it how many would you like to see more active shops and less Auction Bots? It has long way to go before its independent, but that's down to MA and ND to sort out their differences and work together.

What has not helped other plants, especially new ones like Toulon is upgrades on Calypso. When I started 6 years ago working through vivo fabs sibs was a great way to skill up, now with free vivo's. Now new players get a free ul eco fap and with ul upgrades ones it makes it a lot harder for other planets to design L ones to get crafted and same with armour. Tools seem the best way at moment for PP to create bp for so their population has something to craft using their loot.

just make space 5 times as big as it is now, so a flight from caly to ark then takes like 3 hours +-. make dedicated hunting grounds like there are now but more and some with lootable pvp like planetside. remove complete pvp everywhere and let it active only in those certain areas. make skills matter for piloting ships , weapons etc .
then MS owners would still have the same amount of business as its inconvenient travelling several hours to the destination, pirates would still be able to pirate but not as abusive as it is now and freelancer could still fly themselves although it takes a lot of time.
that would solve the first biggest problems.

Spacegrab's (landgrab) for the relative stations and creature spawn area's along with kill missions for the mobs up there. Would mean bigger less skilled socs with enough quads could take a station (along with taxes for hunts in that mob area/LA) :).

More creature types up there along with perhaps instance type missions.

Last edited:
my view on space : allow option to bypass it. You don't have to go on next island when you want to go on moonria. I don't want to go to space when i want to go to arkadia.
Traveling to arkadia allow me to watch a TV show episode. It's nice to lay on sofa with the lady but the final aim is to play Entropia Universe. As it is it's a waste for MA.

Make space interesting, remove lootable PVP except on a few area, introduce a new ships class,allow ship boarding that would be cool. But still, add the other planets on the combo box of TP map.

It would be nice if players could earn TP tokens that would allow them to TP to other planets. Maybe also include these in any pack bought in the web shop.

It is way too restrictive to move between planets as it is now.

Tough shit if you dont like it.

You are insufferable. Anyone with an actual head screwed on there shoulders sees your arguments for what they are. Bloody stupid.

Just because there is a select few extremely arrogant and vocal posters on PCF that agree with you doesn't mean the vast mass majority does.

Stop being a fool.

You are too short sighted

Get back in your bin.

Politely go screw yourself.

All of my ideas could be horrible and ruin space but that doesnt stop us from having a discussion

Ironic. :laugh:

I dont just think JUST MY IDEAS will work though. I would like to see many things suggested be implemented and many not. I dont entirely agree with everything people want to implement. Your idea of scrapping it completely ruins the game for so many, ship owners and investors, pirates, morgoth & co, repairers, captains, gunners & space mob hunters. Imagine how many people would get butthurt removing lootable pvp from planet too... oh the butthurt from planetside pvpers. . :wise:

Things that could make space more fun and help other planets:
Space mining
More space mobs
Space weather
different ships
ammo return for pvp
player owned warp gates/hunting grounds
more weapons/defenses for ms/privateers
space instances
space missions
more incentives to go to dead planets (next island is dead for a reason lol)
anomalies
different ship weapons for smaller vessels
incentives for space police
more places to explore
more places for pirates to camp other than space stations e.g. mining areas with high risk/high reward
more reasons to engage in space battles and for people to fight back

All of my ideas could be horrible and ruin space but that doesnt stop us from having a discussion which includes keeping space in the game while improving the situation for planet partners and everyone included.

Hating on space and demanding it be removed is not the only thing that could be done. Have an open mind.

You can have all that if you want but I'd like to bypass it with a free teleporter and instantly go to my planet of choice. Wasting time in space is prolly fun for some but I'm a hunter.

Those who think space is killing other planets, your wrong!! ill explain

1. a new planet owner not only pays big money for his/her planet, they also invest a lot of money in advertisement and the only way to do good is to keep people on your planet"call it home"

2. why do most of the new players leave and stop coming back to a planet?? simple "money" they cant earn a good income and then they hear about cally and go there..."new planet owner just paid for a cally player and not his own"

3.why cant they make a good living?? simple, when they hunt there matts have to be sold for the lowest price because players are bringing everything they already need from cally,ect and in somecases traders bring over so much they can afford to under bit the new guy....same with mining...its because they logout in space and have no worries about losing it...

4..... If log out is removed and most stop carring 100000 tons to other planets for trade and crafting...they will have to buy it from the new planet!! this will make the price go up just enough for new players to profit and stay on a new planet and call it home!!

5... you all are the reason the planets fail, not space....every single player that has logged out to stay safe with there loot is to blame!!

Those who think space is killing other planets, your wrong!! ill explain

1. a new planet owner not only pays big money for his/her planet, they also invest a lot of money in advertisement and the only way to do good is to keep people on your planet"call it home"

2. why do most of the new players leave and stop coming back to a planet?? simple "money" they cant earn a good income and then they hear about cally and go there..."new planet owner just paid for a cally player and not his own"

3.why cant they make a good living?? simple, when they hunt there matts have to be sold for the lowest price because players are bringing everything they already need from cally,ect and in somecases traders bring over so much they can afford to under bit the new guy....same with mining...its because they logout in space and have no worries about losing it...

4..... If log out is removed and most stop carring 100000 tons to other planets for trade and crafting...they will have to buy it from the new planet!! this will make the price go up just enough for new players to profit and stay on a new planet and call it home!!

5... you all are the reason the planets fail, not space....every single player that has logged out to stay safe with there loot is to blame!!

:wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise:

You can have all that if you want but I'd like to bypass it with a free teleporter and instantly go to my planet of choice. Wasting time in space is prolly fun for some but I'm a hunter.
well i dont personally see that happening. people have invested too much into space for it to be removed. :silly2:

well i dont personally see that happening. people have invested too much into space for it to be removed. :silly2:

it would not be the first time MA screwed over big investors.

If teleporters between planets were free, the auction transport fees become obsolete. In fact, separate auctions or separate markets at all would become obsolete. I'm not saying this is good or bad, no opinion at the moment. But it's a consequence of this request.

Whatever becomes of space, I won't play in it as long as forced pvp stays in effect. Period.

If teleporters between planets were free, the auction transport fees become obsolete. In fact, separate auctions or separate markets at all would become obsolete. I'm not saying this is good or bad, no opinion at the moment. But it's a consequence of this request.

Whatever becomes of space, I won't play in it as long as forced pvp stays in effect. Period.

Sometime you just have to admit a failure. It is well past that time for Mindark with this space/separating economies/separate auctions things.

Sometime you just have to admit a failure. It is well past that time for Mindark with this space/separating economies/separate auctions things.

There never was a separation, the failure was that mindark had a design flaw in their space concept which allowed players all these years to bypass space and therefor gaining an advantage by 'not playing the game' over those who were playing the game. No other game out there makes players logout to be better off afterwards...

Sometime you just need to open your eyes and see that other games on the market who started developing space later then mindark and had a smaller budget managed to build a playerbase of over a million which doesnt mind lootable pvp nor supporting their game of choice with over 130million dollar - i think it wouldnt hurt entropia if mindark spent some effort to tap into that potential with just 1%...

Sometime you just need to open your eyes and see that other games on the market who started developing space later then mindark and had a smaller budget managed to build a playerbase of over a million which doesnt mind lootable pvp nor supporting their game of choice with over 130million dollar - i think it wouldnt hurt entropia if mindark spent some effort to tap into that potential with just 1%...

It is fine for these games because they followed their concept from the start and stuck with it. They attract players who like it just this way and continue to serve them. It is why competition exists. This one, however, tried to impose a culture which wasn't there before and the antagonism won't go away so easily. Customers didn't ask for this nor expected it. It is an experiment in social engineering and not everybody appreciates such an attitude. People only don't quit because there are so many facets in the game that you can easily find your niche, which is great, but it still makes you grumble when forced to cross someone else's turf where they get to impose their superiority because you simply built other skills instead. All a matter of perception.

Defining budgets for software projects is a very tricky thing. This topic alone could make an epic discussion, while none of us gets to decide anything and few would be competent anyway. We're customers who decide where we put our money instead, and we're just expressing it each in one's own way. Up to the company how to evaluate the feedback. But they've proven themselves rather thick-skinned...

For me the gist of recent efforts is not that I want space gone, but made voluntary to cross and become attractive enough to exist for itself, just like the planet partners. Whether there are the means for a "real 3D" solution or the platform confines remain, I simply don't know. I just don't think it's that easy.

* Now on the correct thread! *

It seems to me, at this point, most people are misplacing their frustration with how space is currently constructed onto space itself. OP has some nice ideas, but to be honest are more second or third level stuff. We need to start small.

But First:

This is a Sci-Fi RCE people! Even if the game wans't built from the ground up with space included, it was ALWAYS implied to be in the pipeline. You could honestly argue the opposite of what some here are saying,,, you guys playing a Sci-Fi RCE and you don't want to deal with space? maybe these people should gtfo lol. But, I digress, I dont want anyone leaving and I believe there is plenty of room for compromise.

Lets Start with these simple steps: (as i wrote on another thread already today)

1. Players can tp between planets instantly for a fee WITHOUT stackables

2. All Stackables must be put into cargo containers that must be carried through space

3. Player waits 12 hours or more/less (a lot of room for additional content here) to receive the loot.

What we Need for space to start:

1. Cargo system implemented

2. Add some basic iron missions on the existing space mobs

3. Thats it! these few things could help push space in the right direction immensely and would not take years to develop (baby steps!)and most importantly are reasonable

thoughts?

~008

thoughts?

I want to grind mobs for skills and loot and events. ALL of the mobs available on ALL of the LAs (planets) in the game, not just some of the mobs on ONE LA (caly) in the game.

I don't want any friction from getting from one mob spawn to another mob spawn.

I don't care what you people do in space, have fun! Just as long as it does not affect me getting from point a LA to point b LA with the least amount of friction, ie., time and money wasted, in order to do what I want to do.

The moment I have to go play your space game in order to play my mob grind game is the moment this game starts sucking for me and I am less inclined to participate AT ALL.

Take away my participation, it takes away your available loot. My contribution (Deposits) were not insignificant these last years. Want me to go away? Keep making it suck. Space Sucks. Want me to stay and keep contributing my money, make it suck less. EASY.

Back