Loot in general.

Status

seffo

Old
Hi all

Is it me or is loot terrible in this game. I just sent this to MA support.

I started playing in 2006 and had a 1500 ped uber hof hunting within the first month, then after complaining for ten tears i finely got my second a 1364 ped uder on rextalium weak.
After hunting 90% of the time in this game and mining for 1% and crafting for 9%, It is too low a return for me to keep on playing.
I never looted anything worth the 500,000 + ped i deposited to play.
In a game like this i would have expected a few more higher loots like 5000 ped to 25000 ped ones.
And lots of rare items in the 10 nearly 11 years of playing in here.

If by the end of the month i have not seen some better loots ill be spending a lot more time playing other games in the future.

Hi all

I started playing in 2006 and had a 1500 ped uber hof hunting within the first month, then after complaining for ten tears i finely got my second a 1364 ped uder on rextalium weak.
After hunting 90% of the time in this game and mining for 1% and crafting for 9%, It is too low a return for me to keep on playing.
In a game like this i would have expected a few more higher loots like 5000 ped to 25000 ped ones.

If by the end of the month i have not seen some better loots ill be spending a lot more time playing other games in the future.

You should enter trolling competition, could win more than 150$!

Can't take this thread seriously. Didn't post your avatar name for honest answers.

If you deposited 500k peds, then you either bought a bunch of crap, gambled it away, or well I simply question your judgement since you should be hunting more than rex weak with 500k ped. You would also be smart enough to know you won't loot 25k on a rex.

Can't take this thread seriously. Didn't post your avatar name for honest answers.

All you were going to do is enter his name into EntropiaTracker and bitch.....:scratch2:

All you were going to do is enter his name into EntropiaTracker and bitch.....:scratch2:

Bitch at what exactly? That he's expecting 8000x multipliers in hunting? I don't understand your logic.

Giving his actual avatar name would help the community discuss what he might be doing wrong. Unless, that was not the intent of this thread and instead whine about loot and threaten to leave unless he got his way (a giant golden shower).

It does give a decent picture in many cases. Like in this one.

Favorite mob: Longtooth
Favorite mineral: Crude oil
Favorite item: Explosive Projectiles

Other common mobs Allophyl, Atrox, Ambulimax and Rextelum.

Also approximately 146k of global value across the board in the 8.5 years the tracker has been running indicates a big chunk of the alleged 500k deposited was wasted on markup and not actually cycled into loot pool, either.

The game is very likely not the problem here.

Bitch at what exactly? That he's expecting 8000x multipliers in hunting? I don't understand your logic.

Giving his actual avatar name would help the community discuss what he might be doing wrong. Unless, that was not the intent of this thread and instead whine about loot and threaten to leave unless he got his way (a giant golden shower).

http://www.entropialife.com/Profile.aspx?P=20202

Easy to find.

Funny, your hunting stats on tracker (total loot, highest global) are almost identical to mine currently, and I've deposited ~2500 peds into the game.

500k sure bro

Hi all

I think my biggest single deposit was like £250 then = to $350
But made lots of deposits around £10 - £50 and over the 11 years it all mounts up :(
I still have every UKASH and paysafe payment slips and bank statements to accuratly say its over 500k peds.

while im in a griping mood, in all the time i have been playing only had 1 half decent item, and it was a angel arm guards unlimited (f) and im a (m) :(
If i figured out how much i had cycled over the time in here id guess at 1.1kk
And no decent high end items or loots worth the time and ped invested.

while im in a griping mood, in all the time i have been playing only had 1 half decent item, and it was a angel arm guards unlimited (f) and im a (m) :(
If i figured out how much i had cycled over the time in here id guess at 1.1kk
And no decent high end items or loots worth the time and ped invested.

The question is how much you turnover a day. You can get lucky ofc but in the end, if you're only doing 500ped runs daily, chances of you looting anything makes that highly unlikely.

Assume that you deposit 50 USD exactly every 4 days for the past 11 years:
365.25*11/4*500=502,218.75 (PED) before fees

If you have the money to deposit every 4 days, you may as well just deposit 5,000 USD once a year. That would save you fees and time.

Your statement could be correct, which further fortifies UnaAlconbury's claim of "a big chunk of the alleged 500k deposited was wasted on markup and not actually cycled into loot pool".

Either way, whether you deposited 50,000 USD or 5,000 USD, your EL profile says a lot about your cycling activities. I do not want to comment further, but you should think about whether you are just either purely gambling, aiming for skill points, or trying to sustain yourself in EU.

But made lots of deposits around £10 - £50 and over the 11 years it all mounts up :(
I still have every UKASH and paysafe payment slips and bank statements to accuratly say its over 500k peds.

Last edited:
Alright, fair enough. I am amazed but I guess it can add up. But with favorite mobs being the likes of Longtooth, Atrox, Allophyl, Ambulimax, Rextelum, favorite mineral being Crude Oil and favorite crafting item being Explosive Projectiles, it really is not strange you lose. All of them both have and have had next to zero markup in loot throughout the years. Guaranteed loss longterm.

The lack of what you call good items (while excluding your ul Angel arm guards, whose value a huge amount of players who hunted way more than you never even came close to loot btw) can also be explained by your poor choice of mobs. They simply don't drop any or it's ridiculously rare. Even if you actually deposited 500k, you still haven't really cycled that much compared to others. Only 146k of global value is proof of that.

The game is definitely not the problem.

Alright, fair enough. I am amazed but I guess it can add up. But with favorite mobs being the likes of Longtooth, Atrox, Allophyl, Ambulimax, Rextelum, favorite mineral being Crude Oil and favorite crafting item being Explosive Projectiles, it really is not strange you lose. All of them both have and have had next to zero markup in loot throughout the years. Guaranteed loss longterm.

The lack of what you call good items (while excluding your ul Angel arm guards, whose value a huge amount of players who hunted way more than you never even came close to loot btw) can also be explained by your poor choice of mobs. They simply don't drop any or it's ridiculously rare. Even if you actually deposited 500k, you still haven't really cycled that much compared to others. Only 146k of global value is proof of that.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I have to disagree with what you are saying here. If you are saying the favorite mobs being the ones listed on EL, then that doesn't tell the whole story in my experience. I think it shows my favorite mineral being crude oil too, but I sure as hell don't go mining to try and find crude oil. Also - in my years of playing - hunting mobs with markup in loot hasn't always worked out well - if you don't get the items with said MU and no big globals etc, then it's the same loss as hunting a mob with no mu. Also, these days - there aren't much that have much MU to speak of. I still agree with what you are saying though - if you don't get markup - you will loose long term for sure.
He may not have deposited much compared to others, but I know he's deposited a lot more than many. That is a low global value however - so something is off.
I however, will still state the game is the problem. The game is designed to take our money, not give it - so it's doing it's job. Can we make it not hurt as bad? Sure, but IMO the game is a huge problem anymore - costs too much damn money. 5k USD in a game? that's a shit load of money - I have spent $30 in another MMO and have been playing for hours a day for almost 1 year and have more fun currently than EU. Sure it's not a real economy and nothing replaces EU (still my fave game) but that 30 bucks I spent sure as shit replaced spending $500-1K!

I've all but given up on EU.

30 hours into Halloween Mayhem, I stopped, the loot was simply appalling.

Did 30 minutes in MM, to the point of killing Lvl 3 yule in solo, only to get 3 ped loot back (that was it for me, no need to go in 39 more times), this was around 23rd December, so since middle of Halloween, I've done 30 minutes, plus an hour on rex before I went in. 1 small global, on rex of all things.

I missed the game badly, but now, bleh, cant be arsed with it anymore, playing Elite instead.

The games got to greedy for casual players like myself.

Well, at least your losses pilled up in time, mine was almost -90K in 4 moths, out of which -35K only on MM, 5 deposits of 1K dollars, one about 2K and rest 500-1000, biggest HOF was ~3K, BS all the way:)
This game tends to be more expensive than a sports car...and I can't afford a sports car even:))

Felling better?:)

i lost over 5k$ in a year . BUT ! I GAMBLED ! - killed lot of mulmun elites, and mobs I didn't fit to... like did all LT iron and bronze when I was lvl 30 :))))) and a lot of other shit :)))) and mu etc.... and ofc did lot of small deposits... never enough to cicle or do something.... But I looted an A105, had hof over 1k, looted a shopkeeper etc. AND HAD A LOT OF FUN !
So ...don't judge him wrong, he could easy spend 50k$ in 11+ years .... But OFC, no ECO and only FUN!
Depend what you want for the game.

I've all but given up on EU.

30 hours into Halloween Mayhem, I stopped, the loot was simply appalling.

Did 30 minutes in MM, to the point of killing Lvl 3 yule in solo, only to get 3 ped loot back (that was it for me, no need to go in 39 more times), this was around 23rd December, so since middle of Halloween, I've done 30 minutes, plus an hour on rex before I went in. 1 small global, on rex of all things.

I missed the game badly, but now, bleh, cant be arsed with it anymore, playing Elite instead.

The games got to greedy for casual players like myself.

This is a multi problem. Buffs means less being lost to the pool, which means more cycling required to reach the multipliers. Short runs means little chance of getting there.

Second, calypso loot is piss. Migration, HM, and now MM have mobs with major loot potholes. What should be generally a pleasant and fun experience turns into major stress. I don't understand calypsos loot (hint: it requires resources) but I don't have this problem on other planets.

Further, if you just grind on mobs with no mu, you lose. It's hard to find these days though it doesn't need to be. But this is the decision the planet partners have taken.. to promote grinding, which causes oversupply.. and not promoting demand.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I have to disagree with what you are saying here. If you are saying the favorite mobs being the ones listed on EL, then that doesn't tell the whole story in my experience. I think it shows my favorite mineral being crude oil too, but I sure as hell don't go mining to try and find crude oil.

Sure, doesn't tell the whole story but it strongly indicates he has a far from markup-oriented approach.
Not saying it's his personal favorite mobs to hunt, but it is the mobs he has the most globals on. This helps explain his losses and that's what I pointed at as a response to him sloppily flaming the game while failing to take his own actions into account. I even have a hunch he has been using old school weapons or other significantly uneco options the whole time as well, choice of gear would definitely be interesting to hear about.

Not saying he is targeting Crude Oil either. I don't think he has been targeting anything actually, by the looks of it. But it is a fact that's what he has the most globals on, at least indicating average markup hasn't been good.

Also - in my years of playing - hunting mobs with markup in loot hasn't always worked out well - if you don't get the items with said MU and no big globals etc, then it's the same loss as hunting a mob with no mu. Also, these days - there aren't much that have much MU to speak of. I still agree with what you are saying though - if you don't get markup - you will loose long term for sure.
Then you simply have hunted mobs with too little markup. Or the ones that you would need big globals on to hit the markup, then maybe the total markup if averaged out longterm was too low. Some people complain they don't do well even though they hunt for markup, and sure markup can be the goal, but if it doesn't work it's simply not a good enough markup mob. Simple as that.

He may not have deposited much compared to others, but I know he's deposited a lot more than many. That is a low global value however - so something is off.
I however, will still state the game is the problem. The game is designed to take our money, not give it - so it's doing it's job. Can we make it not hurt as bad? Sure, but IMO the game is a huge problem anymore - costs too much damn money. 5k USD in a game? that's a shit load of money - I have spent $30 in another MMO and have been playing for hours a day for almost 1 year and have more fun currently than EU. Sure it's not a real economy and nothing replaces EU (still my fave game) but that 30 bucks I spent sure as shit replaced spending $500-1K!
I think he has deposited quite a lot compared to others. What I said was his total global value is quite low compared to others. And absolutely very low for that amount of deposits. Thus I earlier in this thread pointed out he must have spent quite a big chunk of it on markup and other stuff not being cycled into the loot pool.

Yeah, the game is designed to take our money, obviously. It's their business. They need to make money. Actual gameplay and entertainment vs other games can be discussed ofc, totally agree on that. And sure, it being a real cash economy can be costly indeed, but it needs to be like that to come with the amazing upside of being able to make money by playing.

i lost over 5k$ in a year . BUT ! I GAMBLED ! - killed lot of mulmun elites, and mobs I didn't fit to... like did all LT iron and bronze when I was lvl 30 :))))) and a lot of other shit :)))) and mu etc.... and ofc did lot of small deposits... never enough to cicle or do something.... But I looted an A105, had hof over 1k, looted a shopkeeper etc. AND HAD A LOT OF FUN !
So ...don't judge him wrong, he could easy spend 50k$ in 11+ years .... But OFC, no ECO and only FUN!
Depend what you want for the game.

I totally also get that we all have different approaches, some simply just want to have fun. But as response to OP's whining about losses, talking about clear indications of what he is doing wrong concerning that, is quite justified, isn't it?

I class the angel Armour in with the likes of jaguar/tiger as a good mid range Armour not like shadow and supremacy, eon and other high end items.
Longtooth, Atrox, Allophyl, Ambulimax, Rextelum probably the same as i hunt with the exception of the iron missions.

I also have to say that when the game first came out you got a lot more skills than you do now, as 2 guys hit kill strike within 2 years, but now without the skill boost's you would take 50 years to do the same.

I also have to say that when the game first came out you got a lot more skills than you do now, as 2 guys hit kill strike within 2 years, but now without the skill boost's you would take 50 years to do the same.

Previously skill-gains didn't encourage moving up to better items. It was silly - you gained the same skill shooting a mann mph on combibo as you did a mod merc on spiders.

Plus, if you lack a current real-life, you can get above level 100 in a few years as some recent people have done.

i would of thought it would be lot easier with all the iron missions in game now.

Not saying he is targeting Crude Oil either. I don't think he has been targeting anything actually, by the looks of it. But it is a fact that's what he has the most globals on, at least indicating average markup hasn't been good.

According to EL, my favorite mineral is lyst, yet I get enough MU to be depo-free for the last 2.5 years. That's easily possible when mining capped and/or poorly scalable stuff.

The OP has more globals than HoFs (unamped mining yields the opposite picture) and streaks of small globals in rapid succession; hence, his problem is most likely big amps. Not that they're bad per se but running them without sufficient prior research can't really lead to anything good.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I have to disagree with what you are saying here. If you are saying the favorite mobs being the ones listed on EL, then that doesn't tell the whole story in my experience. I think it shows my favorite mineral being crude oil too, but I sure as hell don't go mining to try and find crude oil. Also - in my years of playing - hunting mobs with markup in loot hasn't always worked out well - if you don't get the items with said MU and no big globals etc, then it's the same loss as hunting a mob with no mu. Also, these days - there aren't much that have much MU to speak of. I still agree with what you are saying though - if you don't get markup - you will loose long term for sure.

Exactly what i think. if i invest 30-50$ into an other game, i can easy play 1 year or longer. And getting no frustration about badloot there :)

I play 2 tank games since more as one year for free, and always have fun there, without pay anything.
Ok, EU is an RCE and noting other. But the depo cash into eu, going fast away, also when you play eco.
And loosing 9 of 10 runs is far away of fun, also if you get maybe 90% payback in long term.

Eu never was more bad balanced, as it is yet! And since we have EP crafting, most MU from LOOT is down. TT say thanks!

Exactly what i think. if i invest 30-50$ into an other game, i can easy play 1 year or longer. And getting no frustration about badloot there :)

I play 2 tank games since more as one year for free, and always have fun there, without pay anything.
Ok, EU is an RCE and noting other. But the depo cash into eu, going fast away, also when you play eco.
And loosing 9 of 10 runs is far away of fun, also if you get maybe 90% payback in long term.

Eu never was more bad balanced, as it is yet! And since we have EP crafting, most MU from LOOT is down. TT say thanks!

the game is fine some of u are just playing stupid

u are just waiting for a guy tho cry about loot and say same thing

Last edited:

50 years? I opened kill strike in a year.

If you don't play or play with 50pec mobs, you won't skill.....

I just don't think you want to put in the effort.

Status
Back