PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 67
  1. #31
    Elite golddude's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    South Dakota, USA
    Avatar
    Ary Steve Hunter
    Society
    Irken Invaders
    Posts
    2,724
    Images
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by DavinFelth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't read the whole thread, but I have to disagree with what you are saying here. If you are saying the favorite mobs being the ones listed on EL, then that doesn't tell the whole story in my experience. I think it shows my favorite mineral being crude oil too, but I sure as hell don't go mining to try and find crude oil. Also - in my years of playing - hunting mobs with markup in loot hasn't always worked out well - if you don't get the items with said MU and no big globals etc, then it's the same loss as hunting a mob with no mu. Also, these days - there aren't much that have much MU to speak of. I still agree with what you are saying though - if you don't get markup - you will loose long term for sure.
    He may not have deposited much compared to others, but I know he's deposited a lot more than many. That is a low global value however - so something is off.
    I however, will still state the game is the problem. The game is designed to take our money, not give it - so it's doing it's job. Can we make it not hurt as bad? Sure, but IMO the game is a huge problem anymore - costs too much damn money. 5k USD in a game? that's a shit load of money - I have spent $30 in another MMO and have been playing for hours a day for almost 1 year and have more fun currently than EU. Sure it's not a real economy and nothing replaces EU (still my fave game) but that 30 bucks I spent sure as shit replaced spending $500-1K!
    Exactly. We got atomic as the troll through these types of threads. Bet his homepage is EntropiaTracker.

  2. #32
    Old Alpha UnaAlconbury's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Una Griph Alconbury
    Society
    Rangers
    Posts
    918
    Images
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by seffo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I class the angel Armour in with the likes of jaguar/tiger as a good mid range Armour not like shadow and supremacy, eon and other high end items.
    Longtooth, Atrox, Allophyl, Ambulimax, Rextelum probably the same as i hunt with the exception of the iron missions.
    Yeah, of course it's "probably the same as you hunt" because it was you and your record I was talking about..

    Also quite telling that was all you had to comment on my post. You obviously don't get what people are trying to tell you, mind already made up I suppose. Or just pretty darn ignorant. Hopefully others who read this thread will learn something from it though.


    Quote Originally Posted by Haruto Rat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to EL, my favorite mineral is lyst, yet I get enough MU to be depo-free for the last 2.5 years. That's easily possible when mining capped and/or poorly scalable stuff.

    The OP has more globals than HoFs (unamped mining yields the opposite picture) and streaks of small globals in rapid succession; hence, his problem is most likely big amps. Not that they're bad per se but running them without sufficient prior research can't really lead to anything good.
    Alright, fair enough, that can work in mining due to generally good markups compared to hunting (you would however still be able to do much better in other mining areas). I was mostly pointing out stuff that indicated his own choices being the problem here, anyway. As opposed to blaming everything on the game. Also, he stated himself mining is 1% of what he have done ingame so not much meaning to dissect that any further.

  3. #33
    The more players deposit and play, the more hofs and aths come into play.
    If this amount of players is dropping every year, we can assume the amount of hofs and aths also change.

    I don't know how many people play every day, it's hard to get statistics and Mind Ark really doesn't want to tell us.
    But I do notice that the amount of pages on the calypso auction house has dropped a lot these past 3 years.

  4. #34
    Prowler ZPF's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    NYC
    Avatar
    Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
    Society
    Galactic Education Association
    Posts
    1,766
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by seffo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi all

    Is it me or is loot terrible in this game. .
    If by loot you mean TT return, no it's not that bad. If you use efficient tools and don't change up your activities/gear too often, you will generally see consistent returns of 80-90% or better.

    If you mean "rare items", then yes, the ultra rare drops are very hard to come by. Hunting is your main profession, and it is the most popular profession by far. To get these "rare items" you have to compete with the entirety of the universe, many players of which are cycling 3,4, or even 50 times faster than you on a daily basis.

    Quote Originally Posted by seffo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I started playing in 2006 and had a 1500 ped uber hof hunting within the first month, then after complaining for ten tears i finely got my second a 1364 ped uder on rextalium weak.
    I never looted anything worth the 500,000 + ped i deposited to play.
    .
    If you want large HoFs, you need to hunt large mobs. Daspletor, Osseocollum, Proteron, Mulmun Elite, Yuka etc or use large mining amps (D class or above, or level 5+ indoors).

    This game does not owe you 500k PED. When you hunt without a profitable strategy, you are simply donating money to the loot pool/Mindark in exchange for skill gains. Some people will get lucky with no strategy, every casino has to have a few winners But by no means should you expect that to be you.

    Quote Originally Posted by seffo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    In a game like this i would have expected a few more higher loots like 5000 ped to 25000 ped ones.
    And lots of rare items in the 10 nearly 11 years of playing in here.
    I once heard messi say in his twitch stream he cycles 25k+ PED daily. I don't think he's looted that many rare items either. They are "rare" for a reason

    If it makes you feel any better, I've been playing (on and off) for 13 years, and my only "rare" loot was Supremacy Shins M back in ~2006.

    Another quick tip is not to hunt iron mission mobs like Rextellum. They are too popular, so the "rare item pool" tends to be completely saturated 24/7. If your goal is rare drops, hunt some unique mobs! Try a planet that's not Calypso.

    As far as 5k/25k ped loots go, as I mentioned before, you need to increase the size of your mob, or use larger mining amps.

    If you want to break even or profit, markup is the only reliable way.

  5. #35
    Prowler Dan59's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Slovenia
    Avatar
    Dan Dan Petrov
    Society
    dust
    Posts
    1,830
    Images
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by seffo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also have to say that when the game first came out you got a lot more skills than you do now, as 2 guys hit kill strike within 2 years, but now without the skill boost's you would take 50 years to do the same.
    Game is changed.
    MA changed it on how you unlock Kill Strike.
    In old times you needed to have 14000 in one of skills like rifle, blade, handgun.
    Now is enough to have level 80 in damage.
    Rumors say that this chip was used by MOFUlogist Dan Dan Petrov during his specialisation in WTFlogy..

  6. #36
    Marauder
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Tennessee, USA
    Avatar
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Posts
    5,517
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by golddude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. We got atomic as the troll through these types of threads. Bet his homepage is EntropiaTracker.
    Thanks for the mention, but you are actually the troll.. for which you just posted something off topic and not relevant to Devin's comment.

    And I don't visit entropia tracker (not a website btw, I assume you mean Entropia Life) very often. But since you give me this credit, I looked up your profile.. and would say you have very little reason to comment in this thread.

  7. #37
    Provider Ranavolana's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Antartica (the town not the continent
    Avatar
    Louise Ranavolana Brooks
    Society
    Kaos
    Posts
    179
    Images
    16
    See what happens golddude when you make nasty bitchy posts.
    You get shot down in flames & end up looking a fool.
    If you were generally nicer you would get nicer responses - its called Karma

  8. #38
    Provider Eldaii's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2009
    Avatar
    Eldaii Silverwave Robonaught
    Society
    Started from the bottom
    Posts
    124
    Images
    3
    OP is right. comon

    Anyone of you remember when you could hope for a 20k loot on atrox? and this with many globs to let you hunt for a while?
    remember when you could mine unamped and hope (with real chances!) for a big claim to get back your losses when you amped? which were ofc not awful compared to nowadays.


    big loots disapeared, globs are very rarer or lower.

    yes loot is certainly "almost or exactly" the same as before, if you take a 10 billions sample.

    i've never changed my way of depositing and playing, or only a few times.
    when i could play for a week with a bit of luck with 50-100$, now i can play 1-3 hours.

    many will say that its not a problem, that OP and me are the real pb. You may be right, but why? because many players left, and you are the few ones that are still there, enjoying somth i can't understand.
    looking for 1 year or more loot samples isnt a game its a job

    and this game in its actual form is gonna die, just because the people surviving with their trackers of 1000000000000 samples are only surviving thanks to players like me (before, now im not really playing much) who are losing much. and this playerbase wont renew forever.

    its like poker. do you think online poker can die? hell no it can't. why? because players are losing and winning, they never "work" poker, except pro players, which are not the majority.
    So what? playerbase renew. ever and ever. Always new winners, new loosers, etc.

    and loosers come back. because they can try to be better, AND have fun.
    Being better on EU is becoming a worker. You just have to look at the advices posts to understand that. its not even a matter of intellingence or skill. You have to track everything and work on your Excell everyday. There isnt fun at becoming better at EU, and you can't expect anything good without doing it. so...
    "this game in its actual form is gonna die"

    its a matter of time
    Last edited by Eldaii; 01-14-2017 at 00:43.

  9. #39
    Elite Aio's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    Under Your Bed.
    Avatar
    Aio Dakina
    Society
    Veterans
    Posts
    3,442
    Images
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldaii View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OP is right. comon

    Anyone of you remember when you could hope for a 20k loot on atrox? and this with many globs to let you hunt for a while?
    remember when you could mine unamped and hope for a big claim to get back your losses when you amped? which were ofc not awful compared to nowadays.
    Nope, never happened for me. Nope, didn't ever get a good run mining.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldaii View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    big loots disapeared, globs are very rarer or lower.
    I get bigger loots now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldaii View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    yes loot is certainly "almost or exactly" the same as before, if you take a 10 billions sample.

    i've never changed my way of depositing and playing, or only a few times.

    when i could play for a week with a bit of luck with 50-100$, now i can play 1-3 hours.
    You never changed, but the game has, and you're surprised as to your results changing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldaii View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    many will say that its not a problem, that OP and me are the real pb. You may be right, but why? because many players left, and you are the few ones that are still there, enjoying somth i can't understand.
    looking for 1 year or more loot samples isnt a game its a job
    Game has more people than ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldaii View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    and this game in its actual form is gonna die, just because the people surviving with their trackers of 1000000000000 samples are only surviving thanks to players like me (before, now im not really playing much) who are losing much. and this playerbase wont renew forever.
    People said the game was dying in 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017. I assume the same in 2019, 2021, 2023 etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldaii View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    its like poker. do you think online poker can die? hell no it can't. why? because players are losing and winning, they never "work" poker, except pro players, which are not the majority.
    So what? playerbase renew. ever and ever. Always new winners, new loosers, etc.

    and loosers come back. because they can be better, AND have fun.
    Being better on EU is becoming a worker. You just have to look at the advices posts to understand that. its not even a matter of intellingence or skill. You have to track everything and work on your Excell everyday. There isnt fun at becoming better at EU, and you can't expect anything good without doing it. so...
    I don't work on excel everyday, I don't track anything, I use community provided tools and I contribute pretty much nothing nowadays. My account value is continually rising vs. deposits (of which I do a lot), and I only use very mid-range (<$1000) gear.

    I have invested a lot of thought and time into the game, but hey, why shouldn't anyone else have the exact same knowledge as me for fuck all effort?

    Yeah, you're right, it's bullshit

  10. #40
    Provider Eldaii's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2009
    Avatar
    Eldaii Silverwave Robonaught
    Society
    Started from the bottom
    Posts
    124
    Images
    3
    No offence but looking at your tracker, it seems that I have 4 times more experience than you in activity in the game, separated in 3 different activities while you only did 1 in 11 years.

    looking at what you say, you either have a trade activity or bought some shares that let your very low turnover playstyle sustain.

    Even if its not the case, I talked about renewability.I may look as a fake prophet to your eyes, but fact is that if you don't deposit, than you need to know that you are depending on a few ones that do.

    do you think merchants, traders, investors, and excell lovers will help you sustain?
    if you can answer this question, then you know this game has a end. I never told when, I just told its a matter of time, when other games won't die.

    the worst is that EU could be like these games.
    Dark Synth Producer
    if you like synthwave, carpenter brut, pertubator and cie,
    visit https://soundcloud.com/triptidon
    https://triptidon.bandcamp.com/

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook