Do you like space as it is?

Do you like space as it is?

• Yes, going through space to another planet is an experience I wouldn't want to miss

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • If there was a teleporter to another planet and I was able to skip space, I would do it

Votes: 73 70.9%
  • Something else Pro Space, I will post below

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Something else Anti Space, I will post below

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are repeatedly seeing those who don't like space, who rarely if ever go there, quoting fantasist figures about how few people in game they believe actually go there by choice. So based on their ridiculously low estimates -lower even than the Kronan's regular crew list (not passengers for travel and not counting all the other active ships and active individuals in quads who go there by choice) they claim space should be removed to all intents and purposes from 'their game'
Well it is our game too, and following your logic, Mining should be banned because I see maybe 2 miners a day when out hunting
craft machines should be banned because when I am in space I never see any.

Sounds ridiculous...ofc it does.

So hears a heads up, how about before making up your minds about who, what, where and when other players participate, try some genuine research, try speaking to those who go there, ask what it is you are missing the point of.
and yeh I know space is not yet a truly thriving part of the game, that MA need to work on it and give it a meaningful place in their Universe, but let's hope for improvement and give the game yet another reason for people to want to come and to stay.

We are repeatedly seeing those who don't like space, who rarely if ever go there, quoting fantasist figures about how few people in game they believe actually go there by choice. So based on their ridiculously low estimates -lower even than the Kronan's regular crew list (not passengers for travel and not counting all the other active ships and active individuals in quads who go there by choice) they claim space should be removed to all intents and purposes from 'their game'
Well it is our game too, and following your logic, Mining should be banned because I see maybe 2 miners a day when out hunting

So hears a heads up, how about before making up your minds about who, what, where and when other players participate, try some genuine research, try speaking to those who go there, ask what it is you are missing the point of.
and yeh I know space is not yet a truly thriving part of the game, that MA need to work on it and give it a meaningful place in their Universe, but let's hope for improvement and give the game yet another reason for people to want to come and to stay.

AMEN GRANNY :yay:

I'd much prefer the teleportation system, you can leave the current Space as a battleground for Space PvP heroes that want to test their point and click skills against each other :bowdown:

IMO Space should have never been released in its current iteration. MA should have waited and fully developed it.

I would much rather see an exciting and dynamic space system in the far future than deal with this uninspired black pit of time-consuming nonsense for god knows how much longer.

The laziness behind the space design is insulting.

But, they wanted extra profit, and Space gives us something extra to spend money on without being as obvious and aggressive as "Pay 30 PED and we will teleport you to other planets".

But let's be honest here, if they started off with something like that, the playerbase would be up in arms. Pissed off. We wanted Space. And we got it. There's no going back now.

This poll is research. Check snippets in op.

My personal observations suggest to me way more people on planets then in space at any given moment. Myself personally I love space but never would I think to criticize or belittle those who love to spend their time on planets. For many years the game had no space and now it does. It is reasonable to suppose you will have many players who have no use for space and did not sign up for it. In old days of hangers which was travelling through space well there was not really space after all not like it is at present. So let us recognize we are going to have many people who have NO USE FOR SPACE. Stop whining about people who dont like space do you think people on planets want to take space from you? Not at all. They are just saying they do not want it. And this game being what it is space interferes significantly with gameplay if you do not like space. Remember this is an RCE so yes time is ped for many people.

Another issue that is a turn off for some players (as has been expressed to me) is the toxic political and economic stuff going on in space. Several players have mentioned to me when it gets like it is on ground (you can associate with whom you like, advertise where you like, and not have to worry about who gets offended) they will be happy to participate in space activities.
When I am on a planet it feels like a freemarket free speech democracy but when I am up in space it feels like a fascist state where every move you do and thing you say is examined, codified and used against you when someone sees advantage to putting you down. For all of those too intimmidated to speak up here I advocate on their behalf to bring in the teleports. It will not be any help to me but I have always been one to have a game for all not just for the few.

3 things would be great.
1. Let poeple who do not like space bypass it.
2. Mind Ark bring to space what they promised such as cargo missions so that more will be interested to interact with it.
3. Integrity. Let people freely associate, interact, advertise and trade.

My personal observations suggest to me way more people on planets then in space at any given moment. Myself personally I love space but never would I think to criticize or belittle those who love to spend their time on planets. For many years the game had no space and now it does. It is reasonable to suppose you will have many players who have no use for space and did not sign up for it. In old days of hangers which was travelling through space well there was not really space after all not like it is at present. So let us recognize we are going to have many people who have NO USE FOR SPACE. Stop whining about people who dont like space do you think people on planets want to take space from you? Not at all. They are just saying they do not want it. And this game being what it is space interferes significantly with gameplay if you do not like space. Remember this is an RCE so yes time is ped for many people.

Another issue that is a turn off for some players (as has been expressed to me) is the toxic political and economic stuff going on in space. Several players have mentioned to me when it gets like it is on ground (you can associate with whom you like, advertise where you like, and not have to worry about who gets offended) they will be happy to participate in space activities.
When I am on a planet it feels like a freemarket free speech democracy but when I am up in space it feels like a fascist state where every move you do and thing you say is examined, codified and used against you when someone sees advantage to putting you down. For all of those too intimmidated to speak up here I advocate on their behalf to bring in the teleports. It will not be any help to me but I have always been one to have a game for all not just for the few.

3 things would be great.
2. Mind Ark bring to space what they promised such as cargo missions so that more will be interested to interact with it.

Yoshii gets it. :wtg:

The Teleporters have it hands down :yay: Antiporters loose :beerchug:

The people have spoken, we want interplanetary teleporters. We also want space development, those two options are not incompatible.

How about this? Make more people WANT to visit space instead of forcing them.

73.26% is not a minority.

The people have spoken, we want interplanetary teleporters. We also want space development, those two options are not incompatible.

How about this? Make more people WANT to visit space instead of forcing them.

73.26% is not a minority.

63 people are hardly 73% of entropias playerbase - maybe give your poll more time to allow those who are not so active on forums to vote ;)

Btw 127 people are for removing TP's alltogether ;)

3 things would be great.

And the winner of this thread award goes to Yoshii!

moderator.jpg

Aztec and Me Really Never, both of you back off and cool down. Consider this a friendly warning.

moderator.jpg

Aztec and Me Really Never, both of you back off and cool down. Consider this a friendly warning.

They haven't posted since 11 January.

Consider this a friendly welcome back e-lite!

Mindark sold 25 interplanetary weight limited TP's for 50k each if i remember correctly and those can still be lootet ;)

Oh, from what?

I must be deaf lol, I haven't seen anyone talking or posting something about it, or I'd give it a try (if mob is doable for me). I only recalled that at the end MA wouldn't restock the auction.

Last edited:
Oh, from what?

I must be deaf lol, I haven't seen anyone talking or posting something about it, or I'd give it a try (if mob is doable for me). I only recalled that at the end MA wouldn't restock the auction.

They are called 'equus' ;)

I've said it before:

Keep the planets in their relative positions (and keep travel times between them the same), but expand space well beyond them. Make the current space merely the centre of the known universe. If you want me to quantify how big it should be, I'd say fifty times the current size minimum. The purpose is the ability to explore the universe, to find new items, to allow different people to have control of parts of space, to have more to space than just fighting pirates, carrying passengers and the like. Maybe have remote space rocks that can be mined by large vessels and small vessels alike.

So what would go into this expanded space?

Mini-asteroids that could be mined. They would have to be found (promotes exploration) and there is a good chance of getting the dreaded NRF. Once a pilot finds a mini-asteroid it is always going to be there, and will give a certain type of resource when mining is successful.

Space mobs, as in the current universe, but with space area (like land area) rights. A space owner can initially claim a space area by completing tasks within an area. This task might be to simply find the area, or even to fly within close proximity of all eight boundary markers (think a 3D cube). Alternatively, maybe the first to a thousand kills in the area or the first person to mine a certain resource within the area.

Abandoned Alien Craft. These could be explored, they may have common resources in their cargo holds. They may also have Alien Technology that is fragmented and needs to be assembled. Such craft and technology would purposely be rare. To assemble such tech, the parts would have to have matching pictograms on them, and it would require four or five parts per device. Such a device could give a speed boost to a vessel, be a special weapon or evasion device, or have a function on the planets (heal tool, super-armour, etc).

And to expand on that even further:

Imagine that a single alien craft has been ripped apart in some accident before the EU timeline.

Now, maybe six months before space is massively expanded and MindArk's VU notes give a vague "space has been expanded and there are items to be found by the intrepid..." I would implement a message on entry and exit of a planet's atmosphere - simply "A breathable atmosphere has been detected" on entry and "there is no breathable atmosphere" on leaving a planet.

What I am proposing is the ability to find a collosal alien craft that has been ripped into five or six parts, each of these parts floating some distance apart (maybe spread out across a quarter of the newly enlarged space) and all being different in terms of layout, design and what they contain. Each part has a significant full SI (maybe three times that of the strongest mothership in game) but has been badly damaged and can be further damaged and so destroyed. So someone can spend alot of ped destroying the vessel (and possibly the contents) or they can try to land on a flat, exposed section of decking. On flying immediately adjacent to such a deck, the "A breathable atmosphere has been detected" message would alert the participant to the ability to get out and explore.

The interior of the ship would be available through a bulk-head door (at which point you'd go from the space server to the internal server for the wrecked craft). This would allow the participant to explore multiple levels.

So what would the intrepid find?

Somewhere in each part of the destroyed ship would be the equivalent of a repair point, however it would be inoperable. Some parts of the ship would have gunner points while one would have a pilot seat, again all inoperable.

There would be dead aliens everywhere. On the floor and slumped over control panels. Each of these aliens would be moveable and could perhaps be concealing a piece of the fragmented alien technology that I mentioned earlier. It could be that the aliens are difficult to move, so while one person lifts someone else has to grab the fragmented technology. These fragments could also be easy to find, in obvious places. Or in a location that is suitable to their use (e.g, a super rifle fragment would be found in an armoury, and super healing tool in a medical bay, etc). Some parts could be stored in safety deposit boxes, with a lot of experimentation needed to get the correct code to unlock it. And others could be hidden in the ship as "easter eggs."

What devices would the fragments create? Well for example:

• A super rifle, with high damage, quick reload, high range.
  • A super handgun, similar to the rifle.
  • A super healing tool, perhaps giving 400 HP per heal and 45 uses per minute.
  • A super mining finder, giving a search radius range of 110 metres on planets.
  • A super mining extractor, that can pull 1000 peds worth of ore/enmatter at a time.
  • A super drive system for all types of quad-wings, giving maybe a 25% increase in speed.
    [*] A tractor beam system, allowing any space vessel to capture any other space vessel.
  • A super repair tool blueprint, to eventually be known as a RK-50 Blueprint that allows the construction of the RK-50 repair tool, giving 250 SI repair per click.
  • A super mothership gun weapon, giving maybe 50% increase on a standard MS gun turret. There may be multiple of these.

I've emboldened the tractor beam for a reason.

Not included in the notes is the ability to capture any space vessel. If someone used their imagination and was to drag the five pieces of the craft so that they were in very close proximity to each other, the repair points on each would become active, allowing people to repair. I would perhaps only allow this to happen once 80% of alien technology fragments had been found on each section. When all five parts are together and fully repaired, the ship becomes useable. Turrets, warp drive, pilot seat, the lot, with a total SI of maybe five times that of the strongest MS in game.

Now at this point I can see all MS owners recoiling in horror at this suggestion. But fear not. Activation of the warp drive shorts out all of the repair points permanently. The ship, as strong as it is, effectively becomes (L). Once it is shot to pieces it is shot to pieces.

Whoever owns this beast will be able to dominate space, knowing that to be taken down will cost someone a huge amount of peds. They can explore the resources in space (like mineable mini asteroids, another suggestion of mine) in relative safety. Or they could pirate, and disrupt the existing travel routes. Or they could even be a travel provider themselves.

But their domination would be limited.

And once the ship has been destroyed, perhaps metals and equipment will become salvageable and reuseable. But th ship will not be fully repairable/useable again.

**Note that the above was originally posted by me on this forum a few years ago. It may be that subsequent developments will have rendered some of the ideas out of date.**

Last edited:
They haven't posted since 11 January.

Consider this a friendly welcome back e-lite!

I was here the whole time. I have literally read and moderated thousands of posts the past 3-4 days. In average I read about 200 posts a day. It’s just hard to keep up cleaning this kindergarten when you are an actual human and not a robot.

Yeah, *that* I know, but what do they drop from?

I think he meant "they can still be looted" as in you can loot them, ie loot the passengers, rather than you can loot them as in get them in loot.

I think.. I am married to him and don't get it 100% of the time ;)

I've said it before:

Keep the planets in their relative positions (and keep travel times between them the same), but expand space well beyond them. Make the current space merely the centre of the known universe. If you want me to quantify how big it should be, I'd say fifty times the current size minimum. The purpose is the ability to explore the universe, to find new items, to allow different people to have control of parts of space, to have more to space than just fighting pirates, carrying passengers and the like. Maybe have remote space rocks that can be mined by large vessels and small vessels alike.

So what would go into this expanded space?

Mini-asteroids that could be mined. They would have to be found (promotes exploration) and there is a good chance of getting the dreaded NRF. Once a pilot finds a mini-asteroid it is always going to be there, and will give a certain type of resource when mining is successful.

Space mobs, as in the current universe, but with space area (like land area) rights. A space owner can initially claim a space area by completing tasks within an area. This task might be to simply find the area, or even to fly within close proximity of all eight boundary markers (think a 3D cube). Alternatively, maybe the first to a thousand kills in the area or the first person to mine a certain resource within the area.

Abandoned Alien Craft. These could be explored, they may have common resources in their cargo holds. They may also have Alien Technology that is fragmented and needs to be assembled. Such craft and technology would purposely be rare. To assemble such tech, the parts would have to have matching pictograms on them, and it would require four or five parts per device. Such a device could give a speed boost to a vessel, be a special weapon or evasion device, or have a function on the planets (heal tool, super-armour, etc).

And to expand on that even further:

Imagine that a single alien craft has been ripped apart in some accident before the EU timeline.

Now, maybe six months before space is massively expanded and MindArk's VU notes give a vague "space has been expanded and there are items to be found by the intrepid..." I would implement a message on entry and exit of a planet's atmosphere - simply "A breathable atmosphere has been detected" on entry and "there is no breathable atmosphere" on leaving a planet.

What I am proposing is the ability to find a collosal alien craft that has been ripped into five or six parts, each of these parts floating some distance apart (maybe spread out across a quarter of the newly enlarged space) and all being different in terms of layout, design and what they contain. Each part has a significant full SI (maybe three times that of the strongest mothership in game) but has been badly damaged and can be further damaged and so destroyed. So someone can spend alot of ped destroying the vessel (and possibly the contents) or they can try to land on a flat, exposed section of decking. On flying immediately adjacent to such a deck, the "A breathable atmosphere has been detected" message would alert the participant to the ability to get out and explore.

The interior of the ship would be available through a bulk-head door (at which point you'd go from the space server to the internal server for the wrecked craft). This would allow the participant to explore multiple levels.

So what would the intrepid find?

Somewhere in each part of the destroyed ship would be the equivalent of a repair point, however it would be inoperable. Some parts of the ship would have gunner points while one would have a pilot seat, again all inoperable.

There would be dead aliens everywhere. On the floor and slumped over control panels. Each of these aliens would be moveable and could perhaps be concealing a piece of the fragmented alien technology that I mentioned earlier. It could be that the aliens are difficult to move, so while one person lifts someone else has to grab the fragmented technology. These fragments could also be easy to find, in obvious places. Or in a location that is suitable to their use (e.g, a super rifle fragment would be found in an armoury, and super healing tool in a medical bay, etc). Some parts could be stored in safety deposit boxes, with a lot of experimentation needed to get the correct code to unlock it. And others could be hidden in the ship as "easter eggs."

What devices would the fragments create? Well for example:

• A super rifle, with high damage, quick reload, high range.
  • A super handgun, similar to the rifle.
  • A super healing tool, perhaps giving 400 HP per heal and 45 uses per minute.
  • A super mining finder, giving a search radius range of 110 metres on planets.
  • A super mining extractor, that can pull 1000 peds worth of ore/enmatter at a time.
  • A super drive system for all types of quad-wings, giving maybe a 25% increase in speed.
    [*] A tractor beam system, allowing any space vessel to capture any other space vessel.
  • A super repair tool blueprint, to eventually be known as a RK-50 Blueprint that allows the construction of the RK-50 repair tool, giving 250 SI repair per click.
  • A super mothership gun weapon, giving maybe 50% increase on a standard MS gun turret. There may be multiple of these.

I've emboldened the tractor beam for a reason.

Not included in the notes is the ability to capture any space vessel. If someone used their imagination and was to drag the five pieces of the craft so that they were in very close proximity to each other, the repair points on each would become active, allowing people to repair. I would perhaps only allow this to happen once 80% of alien technology fragments had been found on each section. When all five parts are together and fully repaired, the ship becomes useable. Turrets, warp drive, pilot seat, the lot, with a total SI of maybe five times that of the strongest MS in game.

Now at this point I can see all MS owners recoiling in horror at this suggestion. But fear not. Activation of the warp drive shorts out all of the repair points permanently. The ship, as strong as it is, effectively becomes (L). Once it is shot to pieces it is shot to pieces.

Whoever owns this beast will be able to dominate space, knowing that to be taken down will cost someone a huge amount of peds. They can explore the resources in space (like mineable mini asteroids, another suggestion of mine) in relative safety. Or they could pirate, and disrupt the existing travel routes. Or they could even be a travel provider themselves.

But their domination would be limited.

And once the ship has been destroyed, perhaps metals and equipment will become salvageable and reuseable. But th ship will not be fully repairable/useable again.

**Note that the above was originally posted by me on this forum a few years ago. It may be that subsequent developments will have rendered some of the ideas out of date.**

Yeah, *that* I know, but what do they drop from?

From Equus?? so you can loot all not sold equus from equus?? like wow..

I went to arkadia to check a few things, now flying back and have something like 40 min to calypso. You die little inside each time you do this..:mad:

- Please make space travel faster.
- Add fun space activities
- And ffs make lootable space restricted to small zones with some special motivation for people compete about that area.

Easiest solution that can be implemented immediately is teleporting between all the planets and moons and asteroids.
You have a significant proportion of playerbase having years of convenience to quick transport from planet to planet it really makes sense to bring back teleportation. You already have it between Calypso and Monria and many players choose to quad between those 2 places or take warps. There is room for both modes of travel in this game. Let the lovers of space and pvp have the space they love and let the other players have their teleporting planet to planet.

MIDNIGHT EXPRESS 5 PED WARPING
http://varyag-delivers.weebly.com/web-chat.html
Yoshii Yoshii Lem chat name: VaryagDelivers

A sci-fi game without space? Yet, we have arrived to a point where most ppl would rather get rid of it.

Says something about implementation of the current space.

I don't know a good recipe to make things right but I really liked that one:
  1. Introduce interplanetary TPs, more expensive than current warp services. It used to be 40 PED, I'm cool with that.
  2. Enable hangars so that motherships can be spawned near them, give a little fee to the owners and let them manage who lands near their hangar (like a guest list).
  3. Leave space as lootable PvP hunting grounds. Provide them with useful loot. Want an example? Make Galactica Mission components exclusive to space (bio id, conveyors and vacuum flux). How about nanocubes, output amps, cool (L) alien weapons, etc...

- Space players get what they want.
- People who want nothing to do with space get what they want.
- Transport providers would get even more customers, starting by me.
- Pirates would get a lot more action too.

I remember when some dev spawned a mothership over Twin Peaks, the sight of such huge ship was awe-inspiring. Now imagine interplanetary warps surface to surface, with the full "woooosh" animation and all.
Yeah the mysterious dangerous place where you can loot strange cool alien looking stuff, weapons, tools, clothes, everything. Definitely voting for that.

We need more space on planets - real spacecraft landings planetside, why not even orbital bombardment of the enemy ships docked on the surface. It's a sci-fi ffs, it needs more space not less.
(More cool space and less annoying half-assed space, that is)

Last edited:
Yet another reason for Interplanetary Teleporters

I'm posting this for Mindark to see why many folks never explore space. I believe that Space-based PVP can be a fun and challenging game for players and teams; however, I'm asking for a safe way to travel for those of us who don't wish to participate in Space-PVP...

Here's what happened to me. I believe this may be typical for many others.

2/8/17: Welp, avatar "Robandkip Hally Hall" just shot me down while I was flying to explore the Erbos space station. Robandkip snuck up from behind me and shot me in the back without any warning.

I was sure to PM RobandKip and let "Robandkip Hally Hall" know how much I appreciated it... ;)

Ya know, - I'm a relative noob in Entropia just began exploring space recently. Today I just wanted to see Erebos Space Station for the 1st time.

Instead, "Robandkip" looted about 725 Nutrio bars from me, plus 10-oil, and also cost me 1060 WeldWire in repairs, not to mention the decay on my RK-5.

Did Robandkip offer to return my stackables ( even though value wasn't much)? No. RobandKip tried to bribe me for more loot and my clothes - in exchange for repairing my ship...

Just to let you know, owners and operators of Erbos Space Station. I won't be visiting your locale to spend some peds until a safe way to travel is instituted.​

That's my experience today with the current state of Space.

Back