Do you like space as it is?

Do you like space as it is?

• Yes, going through space to another planet is an experience I wouldn't want to miss

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • If there was a teleporter to another planet and I was able to skip space, I would do it

Votes: 73 70.9%
  • Something else Pro Space, I will post below

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Something else Anti Space, I will post below

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the price was 40-50 ped very long ago but it set its price at 18-25 peds after that for a very long time. and i was going to cnd very frequently.

If the fee was 7 ped, I could see me not worrying about storage and making multiple jumps per day (someone on caly wants to borrow an item, an event on ark, a bit of material farming on toulan etc).

If the fee was 25-40ped, I would gear up like currently (all required items from storage) and do the jump as required with a bit of planning.

Both situations are appealing so I don't have to go anywhere near a role-player.

the price was 40-50 ped very long ago but it set its price at 18-25 peds after that for a very long time. and i was going to cnd very frequently.

I wasnt talking about the hangar ship flights to cnd i was talking about the fee for the interplanetary tp's which mindark charged before they opened up new space - that was 40ped until the tps got removed.

Well, when there are good points for both sides of an argument, its always best to compromise. The compromise is very clear to me and has been for a number of years.. but AIO just wrote it perfectly..

1. Players can tp between planets Without stackables for a fee

2. All Stackable loot must be placed in cargo containers that need to be shipped across space (Aio has a nice idea here about the tax and what pirates and MS owners can claim for shipping/stopping shipments)

3. A player will wait 12 hours or more (lots of room for min/max here) for loot arrival

@JBK I'm sure most of us are interested in your viewpoint on all things space...but why did you address the 3 points Aio laid out that she agreed were problematic choices, and then completely ignore her elegant soloution?

I would like to hear your thoughts on this scenario

Also, please keep in mind, I understand MA has put you between a rock and a hard place.. MS owners shouldn't really be focused on interplanetary taxi service as the sole and only form of income... In time there will be plenty of other functions for MS owners to supply.. (as others have mentioned here, hunting/mining outpost w. some enabled buffs etc etc etc.. i could go on all day :)

p.s. JBK is correct, it was 40 ped after vu10 when space was nonexistant to tp to another planet
also, the wording in this poll is biased.

Last edited:
They did it cost us 25 ped each way, this was subsidy for hanger owners. We had no issues traveling and we could carry what we wanted

That must have been during my break from the game. :tongue2:

iirc I paid ~15k for my first hanger back in 2005. It was literally just a tp to CP and back that looked like a space ship, that was it, hop in, sit down, click the button and a few minutes later your there, with three friends and carry what you want, no tax, no fuss, no muss, no looters, etc. I want to hunt CND, I hop in and go. I want to go back, hop in and go. FINE. All i want to do is hunt! Then they added CND and it was the same thing. Fine. Then they fucked it all up with this stupid space idea. This is NOT EVE! If you want to play EVE GTFO and go play EVE!!! I would pay ~15k again to buy a tp/tpchip/w.e. to instantly hop to all of the planets, ie., land areas, to bypass this stupid space shit. 50k, 100k, pay tp tax, no way, ill keep my happy ass on caly.

** My aplogies, I posted this to the wrong thread ;P but as it still applies here i will leave it

It seems to me, at this point, most people are misplacing their frustration with how space is currently constructed onto space itself. OP has some nice ideas, but to be honest are more second or third level stuff. We need to start small.

But First:

This is a Sci-Fi RCE people! Even if the game wans't built from the ground up with space included, it was ALWAYS implied to be in the pipeline. You could honestly argue the opposite of what some here are saying,,, you guys playing a Sci-Fi RCE and you don't want to deal with space? maybe these people should gtfo lol. But, I digress, I dont want anyone leaving and I believe there is plenty of room for compromise.

Lets Start with these simple steps: (as i wrote on another thread already today)

1. Players can tp between planets instantly for a fee WITHOUT stackables

2. All Stackables must be put into cargo containers that must be carried through space

3. Player waits 12 hours or more/less (a lot of room for additional content here) to receive the loot.

What we Need for space to start:

1. Cargo system implemented

2. Add some basic iron missions on the existing space mobs

3. Thats it! these few things could help push space in the right direction immensely and would not take years to develop (baby steps!)and most importantly are reasonable

thoughts?

~008

Last edited:
It used to be 40ped not 25 - spaceships made it cheaper then it used to be...

CND was 15 PED , all hail till toolman taymors. Unfortunately hangar renter pilots created the 25 PED line and harassed him if i remember. All i knew was i missed him and never went to CND after that.

Space investors failed to promote space, players are what EU makes strongs.

CND was 15 PED , all hail till toolman taymors. Unfortunately hangar renter pilots created the 25 PED line and harassed him if i remember. All i knew was i missed him and never went to CND after that.

I am all for developping space, but it shouldn't be an hassle that kinda stop gameplay.
Space = waiting = boring

Last edited:

Funny you should say that - i have seen hundreds of players comming to eu to participate in space during those last 5-6years - thought guess what most of them did after they realised that mindark had stopped caring about space after a promising start ? They left again...

Thats great idea if u want TP's between planets...like Cyrene's surface used TP to HUB (naked...) ...is the only way ...:wise:

Faceof is Dynamic...:eureka:
Faceof...:cool:

Last edited:
to option A : indeed it should be impossible to reach another planet with your own quad while doing something else, then people would stop trying and be less upset.

Making space 100 times bigger (ie making it 100 times longer to fly between planets), or requiring constant activity (especially without skill gains) would definitely, let's sat, have an impact to how I play this game. Currently, I only have evenings to play (weekends I currently, and for at least 6 months, have very Little time to play, and a reason for that is that I only have one computer that practically meets the minimum demands). The only solution for me would be getting a 50k ped HOF, so I would afford a equus of my own (of my own because flying with a paid service would require me to dump armor parts aned vehicles on a planet, and then next day would have to pay to get warped back to that planet to pick up my armor sets and vehicles again). Or, alternatively, a TP chip with feasible availibility that would allow jumps through space. (Warp enabled ships are like a space tp-chip but again they cost at least 50k).

I should add, when I travel on my own I don't bring any stackables. I'm not a trader. Actually, a TP-chip that would block jumps with carried lootables would increase the security for me, then I'm sure I haven't forgotten any odd loot Deep down in some storage box.

the 3 big regular warp transport services

Actually, Normandie is the only space service that is practical for me. The other service I Went with a lot some year back, EFA, have changed their Schedule so it's normally only *to* calypso, not from - and EFA currently only fly with privateers, meaning if you're flying *to* calypso and you just want to get down to planet and not wrestle pirates at CSS you need to pay an extra 7 ped TP fee. Back in the Days I had a monthly pass on EFA, they did full circles from Calypso, and both Kronan and, uh, the mothership that Ravenjade piloted for a while. This also means that when Normandie services is suspended because of holidays/vacations the services generally provided is relatively small.

or simply purchase a warp (which would in turn reduce warp price over time as there would be more passengers traveling same time)

All PEDs I spend ingame are deposited. It means that every cost I spend ingame comes from my IRL economy. And because I don't have a fat IRL paycheck, I want to keep my game expenses, especially those that doesn't give a higher chance of nice loot or skill gains, as low as possible.

Naturally, this also means I didn't (read: still don't) have the 50k ped required on my PED card when the equus were availible (or have availible when someone wants to sell their equipped equus). Unless then if I win it on an IRL lottery.

For top level players, paying say 50 ped for VIP+double warp ( if ship is off planet) I can understand is peanuts, for for me it's a sizable amount to pay for something that I really don't get anything for; if I need to travel outside the warp Schedule (for instance, if I've taken a Scheduled warp *to* a planet but there is no fitting wap when I want or need to go back). Add the 7 ped TP fee when flying with privateer to Calypso (ie a planet with busy pirate activity).

Again, I Think your service is great. But seeling the availibility and options of the (other) Commercial services today I practically need to be able to return to planet when I want. For instance, I Went to rocktropia some Days ago, but now for the "VU" today, I needed to fly by myself (early this morning) to be sure I was on Calypso when the VU would be launched. Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but I guess the number of cheap warp services Rocktropia to Calypso at 06:30 local time is a bit limited.

I missed the Days when you could take a roundtrip with EFA, and then visit (nearly) all planets and be on them for say 25 minutes (unless pirates were camping and causing delay). Also, when there were other prividers (when Kronan also was flyng european time, and also "Adm Noo" had scheduled rides.

One thing some people who don't Think you should travel alot in space probably don't know, is that if you have a bank loan in a bank on Calypso, you need to travel back to Calypso at least once/month to repay the loan. Also, it's only in that very bank you can get a summary which bank loan(s) you have and when they need to be repaid. You can't renew or Review your loans while on Another planet. You can see details on bank loan deeds; but it's hard to make sure you didn't miss to check a specific bank loan deed.

Last edited:
I hate space in this game. The idea was great, but once again MA never finished it as countless other projects/ideas. It brought exploiters, pirates and other criminal scum to this beautiful game. It's really confusing and dangerous for newbs. You could argue that there was always pvp 4, but nobody forces you to go there, while space is something unavoidable if you wanna enjoy full content of the game.
It boosted ingame economy, but MA managed to kill it anyway with the introduction of explosive projectiles BP.
Majority of people hate it and don't want it in the game, but MA can't go back anymore, because too many people already invested insane amount of $ on this project.

I voted for introduction of TPs, here is my personal 3-step recipe for space success.

1. Introduce interplanetary TPs, more expensive than current warp services. It used to be 40 PED, I'm cool with that.
  2. Enable hangars so that motherships can be spawned near them, give a little fee to the owners and let them manage who lands near their hangar (like a guest list).
  3. Leave space as lootable PvP hunting grounds. Provide them with useful loot. Want an example? Make Galactica Mission components exclusive to space (bio id, conveyors and vacuum flux). How about nanocubes, output amps, cool (L) alien weapons, etc...

- Space players get what they want.
- People who want nothing to do with space get what they want.
- Transport providers would get even more customers, starting by me.
- Pirates would get a lot more action too.

I remember when some dev spawned a mothership over Twin Peaks, the sight of such huge ship was awe-inspiring. Now imagine interplanetary warps surface to surface, with the full "woooosh" animation and all.

It's just my opinion, not trying to be arrogant or condescending. Please read it carefully before going bananas on me.

Cheers.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about space in this game right now :laugh:

space.jpg

Mind Ark could probably immediately add teleporting to other planets without much difficulty.
This might actually make ships more popular - people would travel on them by choice and people who have choice are more inclined to accept spending ped.
I believe there is room for both ways to play - people who want to tp from planet to planet and those who want to travel by spaceship.
As has been noted ship owners have had several years of planning. Thus they have had several years to be creative in how to generate income.

Just one comment.....

At the moment there is TP From Monria to Caly - 7 Ped I use it regularly when there, even though I quite enjoy space (Space Mobs).
I often see in chat players offering seats or requesting a taxi for this exact trip...... to save what 2 Ped? (Solo) +7 Ped saved if a passenger sharing costs.

Regardless of what MA do, the majority will still go with cheaper options.

Pro Space... but

I am pro space, I love the idea of traveling space and maybe one day getting a better ship than a quad... but for the love of god it is boring... I usually window down and watch youtube while I'm in space... space is long deserving an upgrade of some sort... even just a random asteroid with some creatures around it, maybe some non pvp places to explore like on planet... something anything would do....

I'm not a fan of EU space. It's really just an impediment to my game activity.

However space is here and not going away so what I would really like is for MA to focus on the changes they have planned and get them implemented and working bug free. Remember the "space transport missions" that were to be funded by auction transport fees? Where are they? Remember the outcry for and against logout in space? MA should choose a policy that is technically feasible and implement it!. Space mining? yes or no then do it ffs! I know JBK has been cataloguing the "roadmap" and various promises in other threads and most of them have not been implemented yet.

The problem is that MA has ideas for umpteen different parts of the game and then fartarses around on all of them and only partially implements before moving onto some new ideas.

Choose an area of the game, work out what you are going to do and then do it. Get it right. Fix he defects and unintended consequences. Then move onto the next thing.

I find 40 ped excessive. 7 ped, meh, we're used to it right now. Whichever the amount, it doesn't make me spend more, but play less proportionally. Hence they're only taking it out of the destination's pocket.

I find 40 ped excessive. 7 ped, meh, we're used to it right now. Whichever the amount, it doesn't make me spend more, but play less proportionally. Hence they're only taking it out of the destination's pocket.

Remember, these would be INTERPLANETARY TPs. I find 40 Peds too cheap. I think it should be more (60-100 Peds based on weight). 7 Ped would be way too cheap and completely undercut the Transport services.

Remember, these would be INTERPLANETARY TPs. I find 40 Peds too cheap. I think it should be more (60-100 Peds based on weight). 7 Ped would be way too cheap and completely undercut the Transport services.

I do remember and, with respect, disagree. I suggested above (or was it in a nearby thread) alternative business models for spaceship owners.

If and its a very very big IF interplanetary TP's were implemented then the cost to use them should be pretty high probably up in the 100's of peds maybe 1000's otherwise the existing auction transport fees will be undermined totaly.

You would then end up with one auction and the economy on the planets would be wrecked.

ergo because of this MA will not do interplanet TP's because the cost of them using them would have to be very high , so no one would use them and it would be a waste of MA's time to bring them in.

But really I dunno what all the space haters are whining about , I can get you to another planet in like 1 minute, ok with a weight restriction and a mothership/privateer can do the same maybe 2 minutes slower with you safe and carrying loot.

If and its a very very big IF interplanetary TP's were implemented then the cost to use them should be pretty high probably up in the 100's of peds maybe 1000's otherwise the existing auction transport fees will be undermined totaly.

You would then end up with one auction and the economy on the planets would be wrecked.

ergo because of this MA will not do interplanet TP's because the cost of them using them would have to be very high , so no one would use them and it would be a waste of MA's time to bring them in.

But really I dunno what all the space haters are whining about , I can get you to another planet in like 1 minute, ok with a weight restriction and a mothership/privateer can do the same maybe 2 minutes slower with you safe and carrying loot.

Mindark sold 25 interplanetary weight limited TP's for 50k each if i remember correctly and those can still be lootet ;)

Mindark sold 25 interplanetary weight limited TP's for 50k each if i remember correctly and those can still be lootet ;)

yup they can , which is why if you have loot you use a mothership to shift it and it really isnt a massive hassle as some are making out. ;)

I played the game since 2006 and space was never an issue for me. Sure it was annoying to fly 45 mins but it never stopped me from doing anything. As I have been on both sides of the fence Main thing I want to see is overall improvement, more fun and more action. Its not really fun for us to just sit at SS and camp all day.

WE WANT MORE PVP FUN

P.S. You still havent warped me to your bed. How dare you ignore my advances xD

Space is a fundamental part of the game. Large groups of players live and thrive there. Could it be improved? Most definitely!

To me its a bit like saying - the planets are an inconvenience, cant we just get rid of them and make it a big slot machine? The odds will be the same and it will be a much smoother and quicker process for everyone...

Sure that may be the case, but the point of this game is it is a "universe" which we immerse ourselves in - without space the concept becomes a bit silly.

Unfortunately people "make do" with space, as it has not been developed to its true potential, that's the part which needs to change.

Space is a fundamental part of the game. Large groups of players live and thrive there. Could it be improved? Most definitely!

To me its a bit like saying - the planets are an inconvenience, cant we just get rid of them and make it a big slot machine? The odds will be the same and it will be a much smoother and quicker process for everyone...

Sure that may be the case, but the point of this game is it is a "universe" which we immerse ourselves in - without space the concept becomes a bit silly.

Unfortunately people "make do" with space, as it has not been developed to its true potential, that's the part which needs to change.

"large amount of players"?... you mean the 5-10 pirates and like 5 guys advertising space travel? and maybe another 5 people hunting there so a total of 20 players?

"large amount of players"?... you mean the 5-10 pirates and like 5 guys advertising space travel? and maybe another 5 people hunting there so a total of 20 players?

I see more people in space than I ever see on planet ( particularly in a lootable pvp zone!) - from that I do not conclude that there must be only 10 people on Calypso. Of course they are not both mutually exclusive, planet people do come to space too ;)

Space may seem quiet to someone who is just passing through, but like on planet you get to know where ever one can be found :) and there is of course good reason for them to be quiet about their location, as with lootable pvp on planet.

Crew lists and guest lists collectively for some of the larger ships can be reaching well into the thousands, as do the chat channels. With 3500 people in #space_travel alone. Of course only a fraction will be in space at any given time, but its certainly not a private members club of 20 individuals ;)

I see more people in space than I ever see on planet ( particularly in a lootable pvp zone!) - from that I do not conclude that there must be only 10 people on Calypso. Of course they are not both mutually exclusive, planet people do come to space too ;)

Space may seem quiet to someone who is just passing through, but like on planet you get to know where ever one can be found :) and there is of course good reason for them to be quiet about their location, as with lootable pvp on planet.

Crew lists and guest lists collectively for some of the larger ships can be reaching well into the thousands, as do the chat channels. With 3500 people in #space_travel alone. Of course only a fraction will be in space at any given time, but its certainly not a private members club of 20 individuals ;)

well if you would need to go across calypso to get to ark you would have thousands of people on their as well... just because people used transportation services doesnt really mean they like/want it like that. it is necessary and they live with it. but that doesnt mean they wouldnt want it changed.

Back