PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 76
  1. #31
    Marauder Spawn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Avatar
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    6,661
    Images
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't
    I know you didn't and I didn't either

  2. #32
    Slayer Svarog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    8,390
    Images
    222
    I don't believe such a thing as "noob luck" exists, it's just people tend to highlight and remember stuff they consider extraordinary. An old player hits 100k, no one remembers it the next week. A noob hits 10k, the story keeps being referred to years later.

  3. #33
    Prowler
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    1,359
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't believe such a thing as "noob luck" exists, it's just people tend to highlight and remember stuff they consider extraordinary. An old player hits 100k, no one remembers it the next week. A noob hits 10k, the story keeps being referred to years later.
    No a well know avatar hits a 100k then they are are chosen avatar or work for MA. A noob hits it big then they are Alt or work for MA, well that pattern i see on here. BTW it took me 4 years to get 3 figure HOF.

    D.O.B. 17 Feb 2011 City of dreams
    First ROCKtropian to have a component blueprint and component named after avatar
    http://www.entropedia.info/Info.aspx...terial&id=1886
    Owner of Crunk Stall #1 Ores and Enmatters (cocktails)
    The Daddy of ROCKtropia

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Killahbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Noobs have increased luck its a fact. There are far too many examples of fresh accounts hitting Big hofs or looting the items we all want..
    please show me the facts.
    So far I've only seen speculations and some examples about the issue. But no tested empiric data.
    wi

  5. #35
    Provider Three's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    John Three Sixteen
    Society
    Kaos
    Posts
    172
    Images
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know you didn't and I didn't either
    I also believe it is connected to a first Deposit and how big the deposit is.

    Obviously, you can't "prove" this "theory." But would be a smart business practice for MA to target new money spending players, drop them a big one to hook them. I wouldn't put it past them.

    -Three

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryBondHole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jupp, after 11 year ingame it's same shit different wrapping when it comes to complaining on the forum.

    It's one of the reasons I'm not very active on PCF these days. The forum is helpful in many ways, but my reluctance of using it increase with threads like these.....spend more time sharing the positive things about EU Afterall it's what keeps many players ingame for more than 10+ years..... What other game can show similar player endurance...?
    Everquest.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also believe it is connected to a first Deposit and how big the deposit is.

    Obviously, you can't "prove" this "theory." But would be a smart business practice for MA to target new money spending players, drop them a big one to hook them. I wouldn't put it past them.

    -Three
    Well that is complete bullshit because it me over a year to get my first uber...

    I've seen about 4 since then but I have the budget of a Mcdonalds part time worker.

  8. #38
    Guardian livius's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Romania
    Avatar
    Livius Beyond Godlike
    Society
    Too Hot to Hof
    Posts
    307
    Images
    28
    Ahahaha "noob luck" ? No this is dynamic, it's useless that you are complaining when a new player hit an uber. First you complain because the low level mobs or crafting bp don't give uber loots as it was 10 years ago, when it does and is not for an uber player , you complain, now if someone hits a tower on his maybe first amped run on a place like Foma (and we all know that you can go big or you can go broke, depends on Lootius) and he get a tower , you all start to cry , let's supose that he is not an alt player , it's simply a new player that wants to enjoy entropia , and hope to see him again getting some big loots , and not only him , all of you.
    ✌️️
    Highest loots : 2480 Daspletor 8073 Caldorite 50638 Level 4 Finder Amplifier (L)

    Aiming Top 100 since 2010-12-15

  9. #39
    Provider Three's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    John Three Sixteen
    Society
    Kaos
    Posts
    172
    Images
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Timewarpman1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that is complete bullshit because it me over a year to get my first uber...

    I've seen about 4 since then but I have the budget of a Mcdonalds part time worker.
    I don't see how what you said makes what I said complete bullshit, but I might be missing your point.

    I am not talking about all multipliers throughout a players time playing Entropia, just the initial multiplier to get new players or alts especially ones who have deposited a good amount of $ to stay playing and depositing in game.

    From a business perspective... If I saw a new player or alt who didn't deposit or deposited only $20... I would be less likely to drop a welcoming multiplier their way because they will probably not invest much money into the game. While another player might drop a first deposit of $200-$2000, well for that individual, I would be a lot more likely to drop a big initial multiplier. After that who cares.

    That is just the pattern I have seen. We all know our brains are wired to collect information to form conclusions, and sometimes they are true and sometimes they are not true. That is why this is just my opinion, not fact.

    I am not trying to be salty to the guy who hit the tower, it doesn't matter to me. I am also not trying to be salty to MA. I just think it is a good theory to be discussed, and there is nothing wrong with that.

    -Three
    Last edited by Three; 01-12-2017 at 15:10.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I am not talking about all multipliers throughout a players time playing Entropia, just the initial multiplier to get new players or alts especially ones who have deposited a good amount of $ to stay playing and depositing in game.


    -Three
    All based on loot theory speculations.
    Personally I dont believe in scripted multipliers as some posters claim. So neither do I believe in an "initial" multiplier.
    I just think it's a matter of luck. Just like a big slotmachine.
    wi

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook