PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: Which effect do you believe have teleporters on our entropian economy ?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Teleporters weaken the economy

11 19.30%
  • Teleporters strengthen the economy

46 80.70%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Teleporters improve gameplay and reduce frustration, which is the number one most important thing in game design.

Without them the (already low) retention rate would go through the floor.

Any other arguments are irrelevant in the face of that.

Mature
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Tumi Tumi Timeless
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny Rowan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Simply put there is no right way or wrong way, but as adults we should at least show maturity and stop behaving like 5 year olds and accept that we are all entitled to play it as we see fit. Mind Arks job is therefore to make it appeal to as many player types as possible, no one group of players should take preference over any other.
    Well said Granny Rowan. The best thing for this game (err... in my admittedly newbie; and therefore, uneducated, opinion), seems would be about 5,000 more active players.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John B Knight View Post
    A valid point, but ask yourself if running a one man bussiness is a sign of a weak or a strong economy.
    In an economy with sufficient markup you probably could rely on miners/hunters/crafters working on delivery (or even have a trader/reseller out there obtaining stuff from the sources and delivering them) for shopowners instead of trying to maximize profit by doing every step of the supplychain oneself.

It is a cycle in which most people like to see the advantage of low costs and convenience and forget that for an economy to thrive you got to spent (be it time/effort or money).
    Who said its one man business? I work with others to help the community and to help the economy grow. I don't think its weak or strong, but it is growing. The reason why I brought a shop is so I don't have to waste time standing around selling goods and others have a convenient place to buy their materials. this also give me more time to play the game and not waste my time standing around not spending money.

Maybe someone should make a poll asking if Which effect do you believe have Warp drives on our entropian economy ? At the end of the day are these not like TP in space a quicker way to get from A to B. If we did not have tp and therefore it would players 10 to 20 mins get from one side of the planet to the other. Surely then taking a MS over a hour to get from 1 planet to another makes sense.

D.O.B. 17 Feb 2011 City of dreams
    First ROCKtropian to have a component blueprint and component named after avatar
    http://www.entropedia.info/Info.aspx...terial&id=1886
    Owner of Crunk Stall #1 Ores and Enmatters (cocktails)
    The Daddy of ROCKtropia

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Aio Dakina
    Society
    Veterans
    Images
    It's fairly simple.

TP = quickest way of moving from point A to point B, therefore quickest way of selling any item (or buying vice-versa).

It improves the economy via the exact same mechanism as the internet - connecting two people faster than any other way.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Billton Towers, Building 4, Floor 4, Apt G
    Estella Ella Laizen
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Me Really Never View Post
    if you want to have stronger markets, remove the auction house completely. the economy would become a lot stronger immediately.
    I agree! I like TPs because they get you to point B faster when you do not play the game 24/7. Time is gold. If I could buy a TP to work everyday - I WOULD. If I think of things I buy a lot, maybe textures and paints, I would probably have to buy them less often to save time so I think that retail shop would see less visits and less of my impulse-buying, which I do every time I visit. I might just get the supplies from auction. So that's it - no TPs would just mean more auction house activity and less shops making money.

I say transfer the auction fee to the shop owners when they sell items and maybe even player-to-player trades and get rid of the ah altogether. We might even see more activity at Twin Peaks TP.

Now traders will have to bring goods from other planets and there might even be more activity for space pvp for those who choose to take risks.

Until you can teleport between planets without a ship, it's a detriment.
    Mostly because you fuckers never drop by to buy our shit.
    We might get one out here in the ass end of nowhere but I'd have better chance crafting my mats for profits than our fearful space travelers.

Count Joe
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    dammit I vote wrong. ofc TPs help the economy.

A bigger question for a new thread would be how Mindarks economy effects the ingame economy?

Mindark hade made a loss of 4.000.000 SEK at the end of november. That most have some effect of the ingame eceonomy

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Narfi Hungry Willem
    Society
    Lost Renegades
    Images
    That is a deeply political question, and it would be interesting to see how many peoples answers to this match their real life political views.

Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
    Society
    Odysseus Unbound
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Easy travel = easy consumption

If I get bored with activity A, I go elsewhere and do B.

Restrict the freedom means restricting activity, means hurting the economy.
    Account Created 2006-03-07Casual (yet CLD holding) player.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Black Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by narfi View Post
    That is a deeply political question, and it would be interesting to see how many peoples answers to this match their real life political views.
    Probably all of them, so far i have spottet a decent number of people who claim that tp's strenghten the economy just because they like tp's - the reasons given why in this thread would make alot of economists cringe.
    Players forget that entropias economy can not be compared to earths economy of the 21st century - we are still hunting and mining on entropia our products are primarily in production - the comparison has to be made with earths economy of the medieval age and the 19th century...

Those who claim that goods sell faster due to TP's forget that this is the exact reason that brings markups down - fast sales/overcompetition.
    Also the shopowners who claim to have more footfall at their stores, please dont forget that the TP network practically moves the other dozend shops that sell the same stuff as you into the same 'shopping street' - this means 'convenience stores' never get a chance against 'supermarkets' which also kills markup (also it has to be said that the auction house is the biggest supermarket and would need some limitations to give stores a better chance).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast