Thoughts on how Vehicles affect EU's economy?

Max Hec

Dominant
Max Hec Walker
After reading the many recent posts on the games economy it got me wondering.

Maybe it was vehicles that killed sweat prices.
Perhaps vehicles killed MU on teleport chips and gradually less MF use in general.
Possibly this even lead to less long term cycling of peds within EU by all players (P2P and F2P).
And in turn less fun in doing TP runs and other activities that players found fun when PE first started.
Which means vehicles played some noticeable part in the gradual erosion of the economy and game play.

Hopefully MA considers the following:
1. Change the recipe to make fuel so Refiner uses 10x Vibrant Sweat + 1x Crude Oil = 1x Fuel Oil
*OR*
2. Removal of all vehicles from Entropia

Well that's just some random thoughts.
But hey what's your thoughts on how Vehicles affect EU's economy?

Reactions: San
I think vehicles work well as they are a part of the economy. They are created by players, using materials gathered by players. They burn fuel and wire, gathered and created by players. Fabulous thing :)

Perfect, I was mulling this and where/how to put it.

We bemoan the loss of the experience of gathering our tp's on foot, but most wouldn't want to go back to being without vehicles either.

How about introducing the concept of a "driver's/pilot's license", which must be acquired for each planet separately. The requirement is to have gathered all tp's on foot first. Or maybe access is granted region by region upon completed exploration, where meaningful partition is possible. More detail questions arise, e.g. what about travelling as a passenger in someone else's vehicle. I'm not sure yet. But throwing out the basic idea.

As for the fuel idea: How about oil+sweat to become some kind of nitro-fuel or turbo-fuel which makes your vehicle go faster, at the expense of higher consumption and decay (akin to damage enhancers)?

I personally think that with different manufactured fuel types allowing different top speeds for vehicles, this could be a big boost for the economy if the need to have them was rectified with some planetside cargomissions which could only be completed with an already spawned vehicle that can not be picked up during the missions progress. :wtg:

Perfect, I was mulling this and where/how to put it.

We bemoan the loss of the experience of gathering our tp's on foot, but most wouldn't want to go back to being without vehicles either.

How about introducing the concept of a "driver's/pilot's license", which must be acquired for each planet separately. The requirement is to have gathered all tp's on foot first. Or maybe access is granted region by region upon completed exploration, where meaningful partition is possible. More detail questions arise, e.g. what about travelling as a passenger in someone else's vehicle. I'm not sure yet. But throwing out the basic idea.

As for the fuel idea: How about oil+sweat to become some kind of nitro-fuel or turbo-fuel which makes your vehicle go faster, at the expense of higher consumption and decay (akin to damage enhancers)?

The driving license thing sounds good to me, I'd go for it.
But some players would prefer paying a small fee say 25 ped (Or bribe on Ark for ~12k sweat ofc)
And the pay a small fee players would need to drive some routes on planet... could be fun.

San's on fire with the second idea of oil+sweat.
I like that idea of a Premium fuel for faster speeds and burns at a faster rate then regular fuels.
But I'd modify that recipe: 1x oil, +10x sweat, +1 nova fragment and call it Vibrant Oil.

Last edited:
I think vehicles work well as they are a part of the economy. They are created by players, using materials gathered by players. They burn fuel and wire, gathered and created by players. Fabulous thing :)

Perfect response.

Probably the biggest thing that trashed the economy was the creation of the explosive projectiles blueprint. Ruined MU on alot of ores, materials ect.

But I'd modify that recipe: 1x oil, +10x sweat, +1 nova fragment and call it Vibrant Oil.
Totally yes, need to burn up them novas. Just the TT value for the unit becomes a pretty odd number, the system actually handles higher precision but only two digits are shown which might cause confusion. Or, this type of fuel is counted in multiples of the smallest ingredient unit (1e-5), which means you lose less when extracting it.

How about introducing boosters for flying vehicles and nitro kits for land that attatch like current weapons etc.

Then make them use rocket fuel xxx sweat + oil, or nitro fuel xx sweat + oil for instant 5 second 100% speed boosts.

Back in the day (as you say) not even Mindforce existed and everybody had to walk or run.
I don't know about the effect of the economy, but it had a great social effect, because people tended to walk to nearby locations from Port Atlantis. And they where CROWDED like f..k.

But from an economical standpoint it was pretty useless having tons of people chatting and having fun together, instead of being forced into the pretty lonelly life of todays avas. Where the only stimulation is to grind the living Bejeeesus out of themselves.

The vehicles does their job, to make it easy for newbies to transport themselves to various mission brokers and enmatter, ore or mob spawns that fits their skill level and gather tps.

But well, to contribute with a suggestion regarding vehicles and economy. I have always loved those enormous vehicle collections you sometime saw at Icarus (before they prevented it). I wan't display areas where you can show off and trade vehicles. And make jaws drop :jawdrop:

There has always been great many people who like to show off in EU, and I like a good show :)
Hey, why not have an annual "Entropia Vehicle Meet". Dragrace anyone?

And yes, I also wan't the possibility to pimp my Sleipnir with juicy engine parts.

How about a new area affect chip that creates a vehicle free zone. Get enough MFers out there and you could create a blockade...

10 sweat + 1 oil + 1 Nova = vibrant oil
Burns 10x slower then regular oil... eco oil

Totally yes, need to burn up them novas. Just the TT value for the unit becomes a pretty odd number, the system actually handles higher precision but only two digits are shown which might cause confusion. Or, this type of fuel is counted in multiples of the smallest ingredient unit (1e-5), which means you lose less when extracting it.
True but it'd work on ark...
http://planetarkadia.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Material&id=1482
http://planetarkadia.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Material&id=1566
http://planetarkadia.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Material&name=Arkace_Texture

Here's a old thread that someone suggested about new oil and sweat fuel.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ne-Freeing-the-Sweat-Market-Slaves&highlight=
Yay slaves!!! And that confirmed vehicles killed sweat market.

Perfect response.

Probably the biggest thing that trashed the economy was the creation of the explosive projectiles blueprint. Ruined MU on alot of ores, materials ect.

NO! That happened before EP.
Just look at other threads on That topic as I'm sure others are bored with explaining it again.

Back in the day (as you say) not even Mindforce existed and everybody had to walk or run.
I don't know about the effect of the economy, but it had a great social effect, because people tended to walk to nearby locations from Port Atlantis. And they where CROWDED like f..k.

But from an economical standpoint it was pretty useless having tons of people chatting and having fun together, instead of being forced into the pretty lonelly life of todays avas. Where the only stimulation is to grind the living Bejeeesus out of themselves.

The vehicles does their job, to make it easy for newbies to transport themselves to various mission brokers and enmatter, ore or mob spawns that fits their skill level and gather tps.

But well, to contribute with a suggestion regarding vehicles and economy. I have always loved those enormous vehicle collections you sometime saw at Icarus (before they prevented it). I wan't display areas where you can show off and trade vehicles. And make jaws drop :jawdrop:

There has always been great many people who like to show off in EU, and I like a good show :)
Hey, why not have an annual "Entropia Vehicle Meet". Dragrace anyone?

And yes, I also wan't the possibility to pimp my Sleipnir with juicy engine parts.

I enjoyed Loco's post so much he got my vote for "post of the day"! :cool:
And full confession I enjoy owning vehicles! And when asked how many last week I couldn't come close to answering under 30 seconds... but that's probably just my ol' memory trying to recall vehicles stored on (most) other planets. :laugh:

And I still think San's onto something with that premium fuel concept.

There are a lot more uses for sweat now than there were before vehicles were introduced.

Sorry to say, but sweat prices affect EU economy very slightly if any at all.

that premium fuel concept.

Ofc there would be problems with this in space... Under the current conditions, everybody would be compelled. Not nice.

Back