What do we think is missing ?

Which of these would aid player retention and make the game more exciting for you ?

• Do we need more missions and content similar to what we have ?

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Do we need new missions and content that make us think/challenges us in new ways ?

Votes: 32 34.4%
  • Do we have enough missions and content and MA should just step back and fix what we have ?

Votes: 55 59.1%
  • Don't want anything changed it is perfect as it is ?

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Granny Rowan

Old Alpha
Society
Natural Born Killers
Granny Rowan Render
Having both read and contributed to several threads over the last few days, (both serious and tongue in cheek), it occurs to me there seems to be 2 very different requirements for players (the grinder/skill hoarder v the adventurer) So I have set up this poll and thread to gauge interest and perhaps will then write a summary for the Dev section, if there is a clear set of preferences/ideas.

I would ask however that we try to keep this to proper thought out discussion, if you have nothing to add that has not already been said a hundred times elsewhere, by all means vote, but save us from reading the repetitions

To kick this off I'll make a few comments on posts (paraphrased for brevity) that I have noted

get rid of space, it stops me from getting to my hunting grounds quickly
let's have space updates and make it more interesting and relevant

get rid of or reduce teleporters/vehicles to make game more challenging and improve player co-operation and teamwork
add more upgrades to vehicles
keep Tp's make it easy for short hours players to do things

implement more mobs
implement more missions

I remember when we were more social and helped each other
Me me me I want it my way and to hell with everyone else

My question to you all is are we overlooking the obvious ?
We all seem to agree that something needs to be done not so much to attract new players but to retain both new and old (and those inbetweenies)
But is MA stuck in a rut, just keep adding more of the same with a different label, not new content at all, just old content relablled
Is this the root of the problem ?

My Opinion
The most fun I had in the last year or so was not from grinding out yet another mission (another day another planet another mob...but same activity) ditto for miners/crafters, but instead I loved the new missions on Toulan, they made me think. Yep Think not just repetitively click.
I had to work out what I needed, where to find it, how to operate it and what sequence. Damn but it was fun (and cheap)
Now I appreciate low level stuff like that is not to everyone's taste, but come on MA surely we could have some missions that required us to solve them rather than just spend peds clicking. Solve puzzles to get a section unlocked, then maybe kill/mine/craft to achieve unlock to next puzzle.

so what do you think
Do we need more missions and content similar to what we have
Do we need new missions and content that make us think/challenges us in new ways
Do we have enough missions and content and MA should just step back and fix what we have
Don't want anything changed it is perfect as it is

well they could add the few still missing iron challenges and maybe add bronze and such stuff for all mobs (should really not be that much coding lol)
but apart from that i think there are more missions than most of us will ever be able to complete so it would be better fixing the stuff that has been broken or is just plain outdated, like the auction interface and the buggy and not exact market value indicator. id personally prefer a planetwide MU value when clicking on MV on an item rather than across all planets. as oil or lyst or a lot of other materials have different values e.g. on toulan than on caly.

More balanced events , where a medium player can do his hunt and have some chances to loot something or to win something

Regardless of what I want, or the next player, EU is a business and will continue to develop. They have personnel that decides what content is added, what direction is followed, priorities the bug fixing and stuff like that. We need all of those and we as a whole will never be 100% happy with what they do, well, some of us... :D

We need Dinosaurs! They were so tasty!!:bull:

I voted for additional content. Different missions (that are not bugged) that have tasks to be completed. Something like the pub run. Maybe even some than must be done on foot (no vehicles).

Less grinding missions (kill 100 of these things and come back to me).

We need changed/adjusted/enhanced content, especially for space, land plots, pets and resource gathering.
Continued development would sometimes mean broadening the content and sometimes balancing it better. The use of resources in crafting needs a big overhaul at some point in my opinion too.
Whether or not chunks of a new mats/crafting policy can be introduced step by step in the above profession areas.... dunno, but that's what I think.

MindForce amps

This is not up to MA. There is no issue MA could solve in a centralized manner.

There is not enough variety. Planet partners keep copycatting each other's content, and what's worse - some people demand more of the same, e.g. "upgrade mission for X like Y has for Z".

People are different, and different people like different things.

We need more use for sweat, we have no shortage of new players, what we have is a shortage of players that stick with it long enough to realize how good it is.

If sweat had more use (fuel for single seat motorbike as an example) so it get used and used for something a new player would want, more use in crafting, something that uses sweat + hides / wool and such, stuff that low players have so they can dabble or high levels can grind. This will give it value and people can get some ammo and shoot something, or probes and mine something, anything.

Categories in the events so that mid level players have a change to compete, rather than not even participate since they can't push through the volume of ammunition the top guys do. Don't trade the points so the top people can buy the win then everyone in the same category has a fairer chance.

We need real Quests with real Storys...Entropia Universe has not really Quests. Every other game i have played hat gread Quests with Story, follow Quests with much more Story, gread rewards for finish the Quests. Entropia Universe is in the most time grinding...

I agree with more cowbell and mind force amps. Also more uses for sweat might be a good thing

Most importantly we need an economy, the advent of exp bps has really did a number on the whole system, why craft things that use mats with mu when you can just click cubes from the tt
This is the downfall of the whole system

We need a couple new buttons.

If anyone here has ever played Anarchy Online they will know what I mean.

When you shoot monsters its the same one shot with the same animation doing the same thing. Even if you change your weapon its still the same for every weapon whether it be swords, guns, mindforce etc., One swing, another swing, another swing, so very boring.

They should add something similar to "Fling Shot" and maybe with a 15-25 second cooldown you get to do a double shot, it takes double ammo and rolls for double damage. If they could impliment just 2 gun abilities (and similar things for swords "Double Slash" and mindforce "xxxxx") it would really really improve the gameplay and break up the monotony of single shots over and over. It would engage the player deeper into combat and make it more fun. And if there are some players that enjoy the single button press then you could create two different combat modes (manual and auto) where with auto it will auto-use the cooldowns with a small random amount of delay to simulate the real player(think anywhere from .5-2 seconds randomly).

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: And of course giant guns like the Plasma Annihalator would not get these ablilites but devs can decide which guns do and dont just to keep the game balanced. but the majority of guns would have the abilities

When you shoot monsters its the same one shot with the same animation doing the same thing. Even if you change your weapon its still the same for every weapon whether it be swords, guns, mindforce etc., One swing, another swing, another swing, so very boring.

They should add something similar to "Fling Shot" and maybe with a 15-25 second cooldown you get to do a double shot, it takes double ammo and rolls for double damage. If they could impliment just 2 gun abilities (and similar things for swords "Double Slash" and mindforce "xxxxx") it would really really improve the gameplay and break up the monotony of single shots over and over. It would engage the player deeper into combat and make it more fun. And if there are some players that enjoy the single button press then you could create two different combat modes (manual and auto) where with auto it will auto-use the cooldowns with a small random amount of delay to simulate the real player(think anywhere from .5-2 seconds randomly).

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: And of course giant guns like the Plasma Annihalator would not get these ablilites but devs can decide which guns do and dont just to keep the game balanced. but the majority of guns would have the abilities

I agree with what you're going for here. The combat (and mining ;)) Needs to feel more exciting, more visceral, more "dynamic". Add in some funky RNG mechanics to break up the monotony. Make it more fun to play, and more fun for people to watch on Twitch!

Not saying make it difficult or skill-based or anything like that... I understand that it's RCE and we have many older players that come here to grind, not to play counterstrike... But still, I think even these players would appreciate some more exciting gameplay :yay:

I myself would just like to hear something from MA right now. We have already gotten the 2017 Road Map for Compets yet all seems a little to quite here. MA please show that you are still alive and well.

I myself would just like to hear something from MA right now. We have already gotten the 2017 Road Map for Compets yet all seems a little to quite here. MA please show that you are still alive and well.

Have you looked at the app reviews for Compet on the google store? Almost every 3rd user review (and there are hundreds, maybe thousands) gets a direct response from an MA employee!

I wouldn't mind trading the EU team for the Compet team :rolleyes:

Obviously there are things that need fixing, notably Space and PvP, and we desperately need a crafting rebalance, but we also need new content. I posted a while back that what I think needs most to be added to EU are professional guilds that reward skill progress with perks. I get the feeling that a lot of new players on Caly leave the game after they graduate from the Gauntlet at level 10, and they get confused and lose motivation when there is no longer any clear way forward. So instead of dumping players directly into the sandbox after level 10, you could say to them, okay, you hit level ten, now go join the hunting guild.

Obviously there are things that need fixing, notably Space and PvP, and we desperately need a crafting rebalance, but we also need new content. I posted a while back that what I think needs most to be added to EU are professional guilds that reward skill progress with perks. I get the feeling that a lot of new players on Caly leave the game after they graduate from the Gauntlet at level 10, and they get confused and lose motivation when there is no longer any clear way forward. So instead of dumping players directly into the sandbox after level 10, you could say to them, okay, you hit level ten, now go join the hunting guild.

More mission content could help with this. I would love an alternative version of Mission Galactica that is on a smaller scale but still has some interesting rewards. Something that encourages exploration to other planets but is still relatively newbie-friendly.

The newbie suit missions were an interesting idea but they feel like more of a PED sink than anything.

The monotonous grind does turn off a lot of newbies. Which is why I think MA should try to do more regularly scheduled newbie events. The community does a great job with these but they could use some backup ;)

Have you looked at the app reviews for Compet on the google store? Almost every 3rd user review (and there are hundreds, maybe thousands) gets a direct response from an MA employee!

I wouldn't mind trading the EU team for the Compet team :rolleyes:

Of course they are its a new game and they trying to sell it so they putting more effort in to it to get players. This game have already has players and no need to give it hard push. Look at PP they always in touch with community (espeiclly ND and A team, not sure about other 2). Caly even has Community liaison, cant remember his name seems a long time since he posted ;)

New mining and crafting events maybe ,like a MM for mining , or crafting , some finders with skill gain , some new UL amps as prizes

A crafting event with major rewards would surge the economy it would be great

Advertising.

All MA does is a random internet banners now and then.

No advertising = shrinking player base.

Better loot. More incentives to keep playing.

Reward active players by granting them temporary loot boost pill. "active player". Can be a sort of long term daily, gotta cycle X amount of peds. For example once a month.
Banhammer permanently to all exploiters.

If all trades are final don't intervene in one particular case. Follow your own EULA.
Add items in loot that support all 4 main professions that serve a constant purpose so longterm demand.

Less events more bug fixing
That's about it.

A way of safely co-investing in items (in world legal framework or the ability to have multiple names on the same deed).

Lending system.

A proper loan system.

Bank accounts / interest.

Stock exchange (maybe?).

A way of managing virtual companies with employees.

We need a normalized UI, every option has a different look and feel.
Maybe a search function on the mission option or an autotrack mission option, so i kill a mob and automatically start tracking the mission that just get updated.
Upgrade cryengine to 5.x?

Just my 2 cents.

Basically a good idea.
But you must know, that it needs to design tons of new animations and may also upgrade some code for this.
This would be a longer task to do, or would need to hire a design and animation team for a time.

But yea, less boring is always good.

Bad poll options :D

Well voted for no changes needed, as it really doesn´t need more missions or content.

What EU really needs is:

Fix damn bugs, known for several years now !

Fix crafting, so it makes sense to click something else than Explo´s.

Reduce droprate of UL items, or remove them from loot at all, a few UL items given out via events, is more than enough, as long as we don´t see a huge number of players that actually stay for more than 1 month.

Reintroduce generic components to loots, so the tons of BPs that use it, actually could be crafted.

and a lot more, but you will find out yourself if you start reading through that many threads that have come up with ideas how to improve EU gameplay and economy.

Give me i need - lazy brain
Give me i need - slow brain
Give me i need - half brain
Give me i need - no brain

Give me Give me Give me Give me Give me gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg >>>>>>> > Cant cant cant cant cant cant cnat cnat acnt acnt :| :\ :..........................

Yeah...
and on a more serious note:
Goni is onto something "Fix damn bugs, known for several years now !"
Just watch rookie chat and you'll quickly see new players find the bugs within hours if not minutes and at least 1 newbie asked within the past week "is this beta?" and sadly that's the often first and last impression of this game. Sure you can say tough and good riddance to them, however getting more new players to join up and stay playing is normally considered a really good thing.

Back