Acceptable Behaviour

i never said otherwise. just saying that if i would value reputation i wouldnt accompany most of those shitbags in NVE.
also you said you like pvp banter so im just giving you what you want :)

I trust my own actions will speak louder than the tag I carry above my head. I carry myself how I see fit.

I do have a reputation for being an annoying c*nt but thats a given because I am an annoying c*nt.

More attention for EUs number one attention whore. :lolup:

It's okay I still love you, even if you are a total d*ckhead.

Lol I hear it on the daily and never report it. It really doesn't bother me in a personal way but that doesn't mean it's acceptable. One can disagree with the way someone acts without getting upset over it.

I suppose for me it's more of do whatever or say whatever you want. Just suffer the consequences of whatever actions you make kind of thing. If it's against ToS then they should be punished as an example.

Otherwise I just think they are ignorant and don't bother. I'm also one to think that not everything should be babied.

I suppose in the end, really shouldn't be telling people to get !!!!! or dieseased

I suppose for me it's more of do whatever or say whatever you want. Just suffer the consequences of whatever actions you make kind of thing. If it's against ToS then they should be punished as an example.

Otherwise I just think they are ignorant and don't bother. I'm also one to think that not everything should be babied.
Don't get me wrong. I love banter. I am known for my extremely foul mouth and rudeness. However I do draw the line at !!!! and death comments. I like to keep it classy lmao. Even if I am gross and rude with my pvp banter that's not something I am willing to do/say. I agree that people do not need to be babied.

Nothing wrong with having standards though.

you were on that quicker than a blowfly attaches itself to a turd. Jesus.

I accept the rep my nve tag gives me but that doesn't stop me from upholding my own personal standards.

Those of which include:
No cheating.
No scamming.
No ramming others into pvp.
No summoning.
No running a paid transport service.
No telling people to go get !!!!!/die/mentioning peoples kids.
Repairing people who ask nicely
Helping those who get stuck if I can.

Believe what you want mrn but yes.... I do have standards.

The player in question is still part of NVE

Don't get me wrong. I love banter. I am known for my extremely foul mouth and rudeness. However I do draw the line at !!!! and death comments. I like to keep it classy lmao. Even if I am gross and rude with my pvp banter that's not something I am willing to do/say. I agree that people do not need to be babied.

Nothing wrong with having standards though.

Death comments... As a pirate you should know the only good pirate is a dead pirate. Pirates had the skull and bones in their flag because they knew they were going to die at some point.

The player in question is still part of NVE

So? I am not that person. ? the things I listed are things I wont do. They are my rules for myself and myself only.
:wise:

Death comments... As a pirate you should know the only good pirate is a dead pirate.

Come get me boo. I am waiting for you to thrust your kismet in me. Pls daddy! :ahh:

Although the last person who was dedicating themselves to slapping me around with their Ped card sold up and left. Damn!

I love it when people fire at me. Really gets the blood pumping. Lmao.

Last edited:
So? I am not that person. ? the things I listed are things I wont do. They are my rules for myself and myself only.
:wise:

you choose to be a part of that society. nuf said.

you choose to be a part of that society. nuf said.

Yeah I did and I did my research first. I sat in space for weeks watching what was going on and chatting with the members regularly before I decided to take the plunge
Tough shit I suppose. I accept it.

Guess people will have to learn on a first hand basis.

There is no universal etiquette for trash talk. Everyone has their own unique boundaries and opinions, but the chances of anyone respecting them on the internet are slim.

There will always be disdain for pirates. No amount of logic will change that. Mindark allows it? Sure. Space businesses need you? Sure.

Doesn't change the fact that from the normal player's perspective, all you do is decay their quads and delay their travel.

Reactions: San
There is no universal etiquette for trash talk. Everyone has their own unique boundaries and opinions, but the chances of anyone respecting them on the internet are slim.

There will always be disdain for pirates. No amount of logic will change that. Mindark allows it? Sure. Space businesses need you? Sure.

Doesn't change the fact that from the normal player's perspective, all you do is decay their quads and delay their travel.

So just a short delay and minor quad decay(without carrying loot) is enough to say "go get !!!!! by a pack of n***ers". I dont think its okay doesnt matter who it is. I am already aware there is a disdain for pirates. I openly accept the villian role. Willingly. This is a discussion on what is acceptable not a "woe is me" post. But obviously you missed the point.

So just a short delay and minor quad decay(without carrying loot) is enough to say "go get !!!!! by a pack of n***ers". I dont think its okay doesnt matter who it is. I am already aware there is a disdain for pirates. I openly accept the villian role. Willingly. This is a discussion on what is acceptable not a "woe is me" post. But obviously you missed the point.

seriously though you sound like a broken record. your last 10 posts all sound basically the same. if u dont have anything new to add just dont post at all maybe?

Can you join this chat without going into space..... :whistle:

seriously though you sound like a broken record. your last 10 posts all sound basically the same. if u dont have anything new to add just dont post at all maybe?

I am responding to comments. Go politely root yourself. :silly2:

So just a short delay and minor quad decay(without carrying loot) is enough to say "go get !!!!! by a pack of n***ers".

You'd think losing in a PvP match in any of the aforementioned games wouldn't be a big deal either (since it doesn't even involve monetary loss), but apparently it is ;)

I dont think its okay doesnt matter who it is. .

Like I said, different boundaries. I personally don't mind any sort of trash talk as long as it doesn't involve credible real life threats. But hey, people do that too :dunce:

I openly accept the villian role. Willingly.
But obviously you missed the point.

It seems like I did. Why would a villain be so offended by this? You should be overjoyed that you inspired such hatred in a complete stranger!

You'd think losing in a PvP match in any of the aforementioned games wouldn't be a big deal either (since it doesn't even involve monetary loss), but apparently it is ;)

Like I said, different boundaries. I personally don't mind any sort of trash talk as long as it doesn't involve credible real life threats. But hey, people do that too :dunce:

It seems like I did. Why would a villain be so offended by this? You should be overjoyed that you inspired such hatred in a complete stranger!

LOL i did. Laughed about it in mumble xD

Shit talk is shit talk
If you cant handle it you dont belong to the internet.

People saying that is as bad as any other sort of insult, some might think is worse or not but i think its the same

say in example he told you and he'd say something like hope you get injured, and you are actually injured, that would be prolly more hamrfull to you
however you pirate, so you "provoked it" because others are just hot blooded

Either way thats why i lived always in EU and internet in general like this

give_a_fuck.gif

Insults are insults so meh, but there is a sort of shadow line which can be crossed.
Wishing harm on others can be an example (depending on the nature).

I don't like pirates - mainly because egregious examples of that profession dispute in the forum what Pythagoras has proved.
Yet I enjoy reading posts by pirates - they can be clever & entertaining.

But saying a pirate "provokes" a response just because some people are "hot blooded" is the sort of logic that demands women wear burkas, like its their fault if they provoke a response.

Pirates take stuff - yet Manique you stole oil from me at Orthos Rig - like I would forget, so you are as bad as them, just rather sneakier. So give that barrel back :(

Insults are insults so meh, but there is a sort of shadow line which can be crossed.

I don't like pirates - mainly because egregious examples of that profession dispute in the forum what Pythagoras has proved.

But saying a pirate "provokes" a response just because some people are "hot blooded" is the sort of logic that demands women wear burkas, like its their fault if they provoke a response.

Pirates take stuff - yet Manique you stole oil from me at Orthos Rig - like I would forget, so you are as bad as them, just rather sneakier. So give that barrel back :(

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA best post today

well
let's say i can't believe what a pirate is telling
there's so much pirates telling false informations on other players just to denigrate them that this post is surely a good scifi movie ;)

This goes back to what San was saying. From the victim's perspective, you caused harm to him. He is simply wishing harm on you in retaliation.

From his perspective, what you did, (actually causing harm, monetary or otherwise) vs his simply "wishing" for harm to come upon you serendipitously, is still worse.

Actions speak louder :laugh: (even actions sanctioned by a Swedish entertainment company).

(Again, this is from the victim's perspective, presumably).

Orthos rig is not lootable pvp. Therefor nothing was stolen.

For the record - Daisy had at least 3 death threats in planetside lootable pre space. Back when i was the only pirate up there ( pre anyone in nve etc ) the loots were way bigger on average and not a single death threat till much later when others started pirating also.

So death threats x 1 pvp 4 , x 2 RT lootable , x 1 at Vamp Gardens ( when it was still there) and x 4 in space :yup:

So just a short delay and minor quad decay(without carrying loot) is enough to say "go get !!!!! by a pack of n***ers".
You still are in denial despite being told many times. There is more to it in psychological baggage.

This is a discussion on what is acceptable
And who cares about the findings? How do you want them enforced? Add your prey to ignore list immediately if you're so scared of their words.

You're so proud of your thick skin but I'm beginning to think the opposite is true or this thread wouldn't exist. Or at least you wouldn't keep riding on it like this. The verbal retaliation is part and parcel of the role you chose. You know full well that your real identity is protected and any threats in this environment pointless unless you yourself publish information you shouldn't.

Saying get "r*ped by a pack of n***res" is no worse then being told hope you will be "scr*wed by a bunch of b*nkers". It's all a matter of perspective.

I must admit to laugh out loud over the fact that a pirate, behaving like an asshole against and probably stealing real value from others, and for sure making others experience of the game less pleasant, comes out crying over some words thrown out. :laugh:

Perhaps (s)he was just in character and role-playing when (s)he wrote that? :p

IMO your actions and moral standing are WAY lower than what was given back.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! (Or just stop being a lowlife pirate scum) :wise:

Well I already posted the "ignore and forget" solution.

The "wasting support time" option has already been posted (time they could be using to investigate and resolve genuine exploits and stuck player characters etc)

Why dont you give them the hell they desire? PM chat them.

They are either Sociopathic or Psychopathic.

The Sociopaths just need a hug, easy solved. :cool:

Pass the Psychopaths my way, I collect them.

:vampire:

I think it's very uncool to express the quoted sentiment in game or real life. What decent person would wish !!!! on someone else? I suspect (without any research) that it's against TOU and you can probably get some punitive action taken if that's your desire.

However, I find myself bemused that the complaint is coming from a thief. What's worse - steal peoples stuff or say mean things? I know how I answer that.

edit - lol bad word got autofiltered out. Seriously?

Back