Acceptable Behaviour

Well said :)
Not much to add but one thing - please everyone always consider that every person has a different treashhold of whats 'acceptable' - when it comes to space 'banter' those treashholds are widespread for many and many claim to not be affected BUT for everyone comes the point where he/she meets someone who has an even lower treashhold and there is 2 ways to go about it either skip over it or fight back in the ways you can (are willing to do so) and the game allows you.

It has happened in space pvp - if someone talks shit keep killing him till he behaves - tell your friends and teach him 'manners'.

Space pvp may be the area were many people drop below treashholds they didnt know they had but its also the only area in entropia were you really can deal with others yourself which is not possible in many other areas of the game.

What some consider banter may hurt others - pain inspires, to much pain makes people leave their moral sense behind...always be aware what you may inintentionally trigger.

Shame I didnt see him in pvp because I probably wouldnt of bothered with the report. Just would of made his day very difficult. I prefer to settle things with bullets when possible. :laugh:
Thanks for your thoughts on this discussion.

Last edited:
Interesting question - what is and what is not okay to say. It comes down to how far is it okay to offend someone. Being someone who believes in free speech it is better to protect free speech then your sensibilities. Free speech is where people however messily articulate their truth as they understand it. At same time to be honest what that person said was disturbing and so I would not want someone on Varyag crew who says things like "I want you to be be assaulted and get aids and die".

Interesting the discussion by Granny Rowan Render about sexual assault victims and how we need to be sensitive to that. I reported an NBK person to Granny Rowan Render when she was general of Natural Born Killers who was both behaving and talking in such manner as would be perhaps traumatic to a sexual assault victim and the answer I got back from Granny Rowan Render was: "I cant control my soc members. It wasn't that bad. You are exaggerating."
Just imagine a sexual assault survivor getting an answer back like that. Not saying I am just saying imagine it. I was astounded by that response.

I used to take the higher ground too - i picked my role and i knew i had to take the pain - reporting folks for busting a vain would be unfair to me and my role - so i never reported anyone, EVER ! NOW however i am no longer the role player ( in game), so now i play the game the way they do - and as a result i now also bite the same way they do - last example being black knight biting me in > ending his thread.

Point is - you play the role you take the "pain" and if it offends you enough to come post here you should stop and change.

Last edited:
I used to take the higher ground too - i picked my role and i knew i had to take the pain - reporting folks for busting a vain would be unfair to me and my role - so i never reported anyone, EVER ! NOW however i am no longer the role player ( in game), so now i play the game they do - and as a result i now also bite the same way they do - last example being black knight pulling me in ending his thread.

Point is - you play the role you take the "pain" and if it offends you enough to come post here you should stop and change.

Haha I wont be changing. I can take it lmao. I wanted a discussion about it not to have a sook. Don't get me wrong. I personally do not give a single fuck what degenerate things people have to say about me. I have extremely thick skin and that wont be changing any time soon. While I find the players actions abhorrant It didn't get under my skin or make my day any worse. In fact it encouraged me to spark an interesting discussion on the forums.

I personally wanted to know where people draw the line as to what is acceptable and what is not and used the player I recently encountered as an example to start the conversation.

Last edited:
The day I give a damn about the feelings for lowlife scummy pirates is the day I do the same for real pirates.

I especially care even less about pirates in this game because they're not coming from backgrounds of poverty. They're rich assholes making life miserable for everyone because they have enough time and money on hand to be outright nobs.

Break your fingers you parasite.

The day I give a damn about the feelings for lowlife scummy pirates is the day I give a damn I do the same for real pirates.

I especially care even less about pirates in this game because they're not coming from backgrounds of poverty. They're rich assholes making life miserable for everyone because they have enough time and money on hand to be outright nobs.

Break your fingers you parasite.

What beautiful poetry.:girl:

- if someone talks shit keep killing him till he behaves - tell your friends and teach him 'manners'.

Why should I spend my money to educate other parents' failures. I can't care less what people throw at each other in chat, can tune it out anytime I like. It is preserved for posterity in as many log files... The only time I get a fit is when there isn't enough space to keep us apart. And I direct my anger at the creator, not the insect drawn by the honeypot.

Interesting question - what is and what is not okay to say. It comes down to how far is it okay to offend someone. Being someone who believes in free speech it is better to protect free speech then your sensibilities. Free speech is where people however messily articulate their truth as they understand it. At same time to be honest what that person said was disturbing and so I would not want someone on Varyag crew who says things like "I want you to be be assaulted and get aids and die". .

Yet it was apparently OK for Varyag crew members to have called other players a whore, and on other occasions threaten that they would send someone to a players home to attack them (chat logs can be provided, but not here as contrary to TOU of this forum) and yes it was reported to MA.

Interesting the discussion by Granny Rowan Render about sexual assault victims and how we need to be sensitive to that. I reported an NBK person to Granny Rowan Render when she was general of Natural Born Killers who was both behaving and talking in such manner as would be perhaps traumatic to a sexual assault victim and the answer I got back from Granny Rowan Render was: "I cant control my soc members. It wasn't that bad. You are exaggerating."
Just imagine a sexual assault survivor getting an answer back like that. Not saying I am just saying imagine it. I was astounded by that response.

Firstly I am not and never have been the General of the Natural Born Killers, although I am the ex-General of NBK Army our starter soc.
I have had occasion to deal with various members over the years, who have caused, or had the potential to cause, upset to others. I do take such issues seriously.

So IF you actually did send such a complaint, I would have looked into it, though tbh I have no memory of it, nor after an admittedly brief check have I found the possible incident in my chat logs. But if you feel I met your request with an inadequate reply or irresponsible one then please feel free to send me a copy of the appropriate log, as we can all have bad days, and may also be disbelieving when sent information from self declared enemies.
Note I say IF sent...after all you also accused me in the past of shooting down and looting 'your friend' at a time and day I was not even in game. I am a reasonable shot, but am damn sure even the pirates aren't that good. Oh and for clarity I never shot her down any other day either.
Now before we both get banned from PCF for airing personal grievances can we take any follow up to pm, with the understanding that if I did mess up I will apologise publicly. If however you are unable to offer me proofs then I suggest you withdraw your accusation.

EU/MA have reached a stance some time ago that they do not govern or restrict language/harassment that occurs in the game.This kind of thing has come up several times in the past. They seem to have floundered for a while before deciding F*k it just let people have it out with each other.

That said, now the question of what is acceptable becomes very murky. Since there are no governing rules, it is up to the individuals and the community to govern itself in this. Each person decides for themselves what is acceptable or not. And what matters is that having that choice IS acceptable.

Your own morality and the rules yo follow are yours alone. You can not impose those on other people. I, personally, believe in karma. And karma is a real bi*ch. So I don't wish that kind of thing on anyone. But again, that is my OWN rules, and I can not impose them on anyone else.

But realize that, especially with space being as stupidly designed and terrible as it is, that your actions against others may be morally unacceptable to them. To potentially take from them their possessions, to inconvenience them in digital violence, to prey on people who have to enter space just to access other parts of the game that they wish to peacefully access.... regardless of this being a mechanic of the game, people will be upset. And when you challenge others' sense of right and wrong, you can not expect them not to challenge yours.

tl;dr: deal with it.

Reactions: San
EU/MA have reached a stance some time ago that they do not govern or restrict language/harassment that occurs in the game.This kind of thing has come up several times in the past. They seem to have floundered for a while before deciding F*k it just let people have it out with each other.

That said, now the question of what is acceptable becomes very murky. Since there are no governing rules, it is up to the individuals and the community to govern itself in this. Each person decides for themselves what is acceptable or not. And what matters is that having that choice IS acceptable.

Your own morality and the rules yo follow are yours alone. You can not impose those on other people. I, personally, believe in karma. And karma is a real bi*ch. So I don't wish that kind of thing on anyone. But again, that is my OWN rules, and I can not impose them on anyone else.

But realize that, especially with space being as stupidly designed and terrible as it is, that your actions against others may be morally unacceptable to them. To potentially take from them their possessions, to inconvenience them in digital violence, to prey on people who have to enter space just to access other parts of the game that they wish to peacefully access.... regardless of this being a mechanic of the game, people will be upset. And when you challenge others' sense of right and wrong, you can not expect them not to challenge yours.

tl;dr: deal with it.

MA does govern what is said in public chats. I have been locked for being overly crass and had to talk to ma to get unlocked. However, They won't do that for private or player made chats.

As I have said before in this discussion I am quite happy to accept my role as a villain in the game and I started this thread to spark a discussion on what is acceptable in the community. Considering the vast range of opinions on the subject I think it was a worthwhile post.

Personally my knickers are not in a twist over it. I think what the player was said was fucked up but at the end of the day there was no skin taken off my back and it doesn't affect me in any way. In fact I expect it at least once a day when actively pirating... And mostly from people who have no loot.

Even when I was in my old soc and hated pirates (and was shot down almost every day) I still didn't tell them to get cancer/get !!!!! and whatever else. Despite the inconvenience. I knew that they are people just playing the game as Mindark intended.

Hmmmm where to start, WHERE to start???

Those of you that carry loot in space are taking a chance, like it or not. Last time I looked there was no "Police Force" in Entropia Universe so if you go into space (ie pvp) with loot you take the chance of getting looted!! Why are you bitching and saying shit to the pirates (players) that looted you??? You went there...you lost, shit happens. I go into space often and when I cant get a scheduled warp, I carry and have been looted, again shit happens. I just say "good shooting" and carry on. Shit does happen, it's PVP!!! Do you go into a pvp zone on planet without storing your loot? If you do you take a chance of getting looted, simple enough. I dont even have guns on my quad because barring a lucky shot, Im gonna get killed anyway lol.

To me Pirates are just players...they chose their profession, but if you talk shit to them do you think they're not gonna shoot you down next time they see you? They're definately gonna remember you and shoot you again. Hell I would if I was a Pirate.

Remember, this IS a game, not RL. I'm rambling lol!!:wise::scratch2::smoke:

Granny Rowan Render you do not have any chat logs anywhere showing me threatening anyone in their real life or threatening to send anyone after anybody in real life I give you permission to publish any private chat or other chat that proves such a thing you will not find it I do not and never have threatened people.

The person I reported was a member of the society you were general of. You specifically acknowledged the person I reported belonged to you and then preceeded to say you cant control your soc people it was not that bad and I exaggerated. Sorry I said name wrong - NBK army? NBK = Natural Born Killers I thought but okay it is just the short NBK army starter soc I stand by my claim you acknowledged the creature as yours and then proceeded to brush me off with with comments that if you are to be believed would traumatize a sexual assault victim. You are the one bleating about we must have good manners or people are traumatized and I am just showing you that you seem not to stand by your own words.

You keep swinging your sword and if Varyag crew are smart enough to bring a gun to the fight good on them.

Last edited:

Those of you that carry loot in space are taking a chance, like it or not. Last time I looked there was no "Police Force" in Entropia Universe so if you go into space (ie pvp) with loot you take the chance of getting looted!! Why are you bitching and saying shit to the pirates (players) that looted you??? You went there...you lost, shit happens. I go into space often and when I cant get a scheduled warp, I carry and have been looted, again shit happens. I just say "good shooting" and carry on. Shit does happen, it's PVP!!! Do you go into a pvp zone on planet without storing your loot? If you do you take a chance of getting looted, simple enough. I dont even have guns on my quad because barring a lucky shot, Im gonna get killed anyway lol.

To me Pirates are just players...they chose their profession, but if you talk shit to them do you think they're not gonna shoot you down next time they see you? They're definately gonna remember you and shoot you again. Hell I would if I was a Pirate.

Great ramble post from another point of view.
:wise:

Reactions: Izz
Even when I was in my old soc and hated pirates (and was shot down almost every day) I still didn't tell them to get cancer/get !!!!! and whatever else. Despite the inconvenience. I knew that they are people just playing the game as Mindark intended.

Your rules are yours and theirs are theirs. Who is to say whos is more important or legitimate? They may think what you are doing is a tremendous wrong. You believe their words are unacceptable. You can debate that all day but to each of you the other is always wrong and if the community decides for one or the other, then that's the people deciding themselves. If not, then you will be in that stalemate forever.

And if you pirate you take the chance of being on the receiving end of the most negative dialogue the victim can muster. That's the risk you take. So I say, get a flask, accept their tears and move on.

Your rules are yours and theirs are theirs. Who is to say whos is more important or legitimate? They may think what you are doing is a tremendous wrong. You believe their words are unacceptable. You can debate that all day but to each of you the other is always wrong and if the community decides for one or the other, then that's the people deciding themselves. If not, then you will be in that stalemate forever.

People go into space knowing full well the consequences. Very rarely people go into space completely unaware these days due to mentoring/rookie chat/multiple warnings. If you take that risk and get caught it's a case of tough titties. Accept your own failing by failing to heed the warnings and dont get your knickers in a twist over it. There is no need to tell someone that they ought to get r*ped by a pack of n***res. It's unnecessary and against the terms of use. People could easily put on there big girl panties, sack up and move on.

And if you pirate you take the chance of being on the receiving end of the most negative dialogue the victim can muster. That's the risk you take. So I say, get a flask, accept their tears and move on.
I actually laugh at it and do dramatic readings in our voice server when I get the funny ones. :laugh:

P. S. The ones who send the most colourful shit never have loot. It's pointless to get so angry over it.
Wow you lost 10 cents to a space pirate. Oh no!

People go into space knowing full well the consequences. Very rarely people go into space completely unaware these days due to mentoring/rookie chat/multiple warnings. If you take that risk and get caught it's a case of tough titties. Accept your own failing by failing to heed the warnings and dont get your knickers in a twist over it. There is no need to tell someone that they ought to get r*ped by a pack of n***res. It's unnecessary and against the terms of use. People could easily put on there big girl panties, sack up and move on.

And as a pirate you can do all of the big girl panty wearing too. If they have violated the ToS then report it to MA and let them handle it. Otherwise, I don't see why pirates should feel entitled to broadcast their displeasure at the mere words they receive for PvPing other players. If you didn't expect it, why pvp? If you choose the take the angle of belittling the cost your victim suffers, than what is some petty little words?

Before you get the wrong idea, which it seems like you are starting to, I understand PvP is a mechanic of the game. I go to space plenty. I sit around and let some pirate shoot my ass (reference intended) because as a non PvPer I have literally no choice but to let you shoot me down once. So I just sit there and take it. But this isn't even what I am objecting to here. Rather it is the ridiculous hypocrisy in this entire topic.

Granny Rowan Render you do not have any chat logs anywhere showing me threatening anyone in their real life or threatening to send anyone after anybody in real life I give you permission to publish any private chat or other chat that proves such a thing you will not find it I do not and never have threatened people.

The person I reported was a member of the society you were general of. You specifically acknowledged the person I reported belonged to you and then preceeded to say you cant control your soc people it was not that bad and I exaggerated. Sorry I said name wrong - NBK army? NBK = Natural Born Killers I thought but okay it is just the short NBK army starter soc I stand by my claim you acknowledged the creature as yours and then proceeded to brush me off with with comments that if you are to be believed would traumatize a sexual assault victim. You are the one bleating about we must have good manners or people are traumatized and I am just showing you that you seem not to stand by your own words.

You keep swinging your sword and if Varyag crew are smart enough to bring a gun to the fight good on them.

I am not prepared to continue this argument other than to say I did not accuse you, I said it was Varyag members.
Repeating your earlier accusations re my behaviour as a General does not make it true. Failure to provide me with a log I can review indicates the opposite.
Until you learn to read, and learn to hold rational discussion there is nothing I can add.

and I repeat this personal attack is not appropriate to forum, if you have proofs please send them to me, I will ignore anything further relating to it in this or any other thread as I am not willing to be provoked into receiving a ban.

I admit there was a time that really bad things came out of my mouth when pirates shot me down. And shame on me I went way over decency making comments about my brother says hello to your sister and Mom who is a whore by the way and your Dad a pimp and well you get the idea. Lucky for me they would spank me a few times instead of reporting me to Mind Ark.

People will say things when provoked that is a fact of life. How and where to make a fair balance is not something I would want to tackle. Perhaps it will come down to we can each choose who we wish to associate with and put the really offensive people on ignore.
One can say deeply hurtful thing using pretty language. One can persuade and seduce people to hate someone solely on basis of your skill at persuasion and subterfuge. We easily can see the person who uses bad words and cast them in bad light but really who is the worse one? The person spewing awful things in moment of anger or the cool thinking clever one who uses their silver tongue to ruin the game play of those they do not approve of?

pvp players are a nuisance and inconvenient but at least you have idea of where they are and what to expect. they are not near as harmful as those who smile and play up to community and meanwhile wreak such havoc psychologically, socially and financially on those they decree as being not worthy for fair treatment.

The unfortunate reality is you can legislate behavior but you cannot compel people to be ethical. So we will continue (as we should) to grapple with how to deal with behavior and how much leeway is okay and how much free speech is healthy for the community. Let us just be careful that we allow enough room for people to articulate. In space already people are being intimidated who they can associate with what they can say and where they can say it. What I read in the space channels is not what I get in pm after pm from many and diverse players who all express the same general theme: "there is no democracy or free speech in space."

Last edited:
And as a pirate you can do all of the big girl panty wearing too. If they have violated the ToS then report it to MA and let them handle it. Otherwise, I don't see why pirates should feel entitled to broadcast their displeasure at the mere words they receive for PvPing other players. If you didn't expect it, why pvp? If you choose the take the angle of belittling the cost your victim suffers, than what is some petty little words?

Before you get the wrong idea, which it seems like you are starting to, I understand PvP is a mechanic of the game. I go to space plenty. I sit around and let some pirate shoot my ass (reference intended) because as a non PvPer I have literally no choice but to let you shoot me down once. So I just sit there and take it. But this isn't even what I am objecting to here. Rather it is the ridiculous hypocrisy in this entire topic.
Hey. I fully accept that pvp banter is apart of the game and I fully get involved in it. My question In this thread was where do we draw the line as to what is acceptable pvp banter and what is not. I wanted to see opinions from different walks of entropia life.

I don't think it's hypocritical at all to have standards of what is acceptable pvp banter. Everyone has different morals and beliefs as to right and wrong. I personally think it's wrong to tell someone to go get R*Ped just because they got shot down. But of course people have different ideas of what is right and wrong.

Kinda the whole idea of the thread.

Sick of people saying a thing is bad but if they disapprove of someone is whole other story. Hey rowan is that threat to leave PCF posturing or do you actually mean it??

Last edited:
I don't think it's hypocritical at all to have standards of what is acceptable pvp banter. Everyone has different morals and beliefs as to right and wrong. I personally think it's wrong to tell someone to go get R*Ped just because they got shot down. But of course people have different ideas of what is right and wrong.

Kinda the whole idea of the thread.

Depends who i talking to, if i dont know them i dont often abuse them unless they being really stupid or annoying. If i know them its friendly banter about sexual orientation, intelligence or even what country they come from. I draw the line at threats, hoping they die or kids involved. Then again i just see this as a game and not much more. If i get shot and looted in space or red zone, oh well i knew the score and carry on or take a break.

Lol, I have a very thick skin. Most australians do.
Nothing really actually bothers me but that doesnt make it right.

I dish it out hardcore which many people will attest to. I am proud to be a troll and love pvp banter.
I also love self deprecating humour and love poking fun at myself hehehehe.
Many people have been at the end of it lol!

I will happily call people c*nts, tell people to f*ck off and lick a*s as well as being gross and completely rude. I have no issues with that lol! I love trash talk. Its apart of my aussie blood. We call complete strangers mate and friends "c*nt. hehehe!

But as I have said many times I have standards.

You have standards?
You are part of a society that knowingly houses a notorious scammer who used to transport people in his mothership only to loot them later with his alt avatar close to a planet. This avatar has at least 4 alt avatars and scammed our society founder a couple of years back. That you choose to also accentuate this in your signature shows me your standard.

About your choice of profession to willingly steal real money from people and say that it is a part of he game... shows your standard even more.

Killstealing is also possible ingame. No normal player in entropia does it. Those that do it, can expect the same mud thrown at them that you got. I do agree that the choice of words and theme of aids and !!!! is a bit too strong, but if someone stole my money and I got to speak to he thief 10 seconds later, I wouldnt know what I would say.
Mindark created hate when they created incircumventable lootable pvp in space. You will get loads more..

Last edited:
You have standards?
You are part of a society that knowingly houses a notorious scammer who used to transport people in his mothership only to loot them later with his alt avatar close to a planet.

dont try it on that way. he/she/it doesnt understand the concept of reputation affecting stuff

You have standards?
You are part of a society that knowingly houses a notorious scammer who used to transport people in his mothership only to loot them later with his alt avatar close to a planet.
Been through this in another thread. I am not interested in nve's past as its completely irrelevant to me.

I can only control my actions and personal standards. There are more than a few people who know that I uphold certain standards of what I will and wont do as a pirate.

So yes, the company I keep has a colourful history but I would like to focus on the future.

dont try it on that way. he/she/it doesnt understand the concept of reputation affecting stuff
you were on that quicker than a blowfly attaches itself to a turd. Jesus.

I accept the rep my nve tag gives me but that doesn't stop me from upholding my own personal standards.

Those of which include:
No cheating.
No scamming.
No ramming others into pvp.
No summoning.
No running a paid transport service.
No telling people to go get !!!!!/die/mentioning peoples kids.
Repairing people who ask nicely
Helping those who get stuck if I can.

Believe what you want mrn but yes.... I do have standards.

I don't really see a problem.

Go fu*k yourself or go get rap*d.

Same things in different parts of the same pile.

Personally, I'm one to think nothing of it. In fact I find it more amusing they took the time and effort to even message me. In those situations I don't even bother respond back. If the threaten to get me banned or reported I tell them to go right ahead.

Very little reason to ever let words bother you to such an extent.

Short answer? Is it acceptable? Don't see why not.

That's just me though.

you were on that quicker than a blowfly attaches itself to a turd. Jesus.

I accept the rep my nve tag gives me but that doesn't stop me from upholding my own personal standards.

Those of which include:
No cheating.
No scamming.
No ramming others into pvp.
No summoning.
No running a paid transport service.
No telling people to go get !!!!!/die/mentioning peoples kids.
Repairing people who ask nicely
Helping those who get stuck if I can.

Believe what you want mrn but yes.... I do have standards.

i never said otherwise. just saying that if i would value reputation i wouldnt accompany most of those shitbags in NVE.
also you said you like pvp banter so im just giving you what you want :)

I don't really see a problem.

Go fu*k yourself or go get rap*d.

Same things in different parts of the same pile.

Personally, I'm one to think nothing of it. In fact I find it more amusing they took the time and effort to even message me. In those situations I don't even bother respond back. If the threaten to get me banned or reported I tell them to go right ahead.

Very little reason to ever let words bother you to such an extent.

Short answer? Is it acceptable? Don't see why not.

That's just me though.
Lol I hear it on the daily and never report it. It really doesn't bother me in a personal way but that doesn't mean it's acceptable. One can disagree with the way someone acts without getting upset over it.

Back