Mindark treating players differently (auction mistake, the following)

And buy the way , somewhere on EU site it's writed that MA can observ even the 1000 part of a pec,why should they lock someone for investigation of a auction transaction? Even in a case of withdrawing immediately, they have 50 days verify that player , so ... where is the point of MA decision?

The fact you ask that question is concerning. Illegal gains can be quickly dispersed to the point where it becomes difficult if not impossible (or not worth the effort) to undo. It's the magnifying effect. Think about it a bit.

When you ask MA about avatarbased loot, they will just say "all players are equal" but like in this case its not the case... remember when they said they wont return accidentally TTd items? People lost thousands because of this and asked support to return the items.. they just said fuck off, but then one of their favorites squall did it and suddenly rules are changed... corrupted little company.. no wonder the game is slowly dying..

My advice is that Helena should drink few beers and make another mistake. Like 90k peds worth of AUDs...

then total is around 120k and MA prolly helps!

maybe 2 people should fake such a situation to see what MA is telling them to get some clearance on this matter.

What if this player who bought the deeds was locked because of suspicion by using 3rd party software to automatically buy stuff from auction?

I know in the game eve online we have market bots that automatically buy and sell. It's amazing how this software is even more complex then videogames themselves.

It seems this was not the case, although I honestly don't know all the details.

Either way this player is a very quick buyer and very active these past 10 years.

eurowings got several flights from france to goetheborg for under 100€

for 3k dollar maybe worth considering to just show up there without appointment to have a spontaneous talk.

I don't know what it takes to hammer this into some skulls: MindArk is not the judge you need to get a ruling in your case. If you start threatening them, show up at their office and cause disruption etc. you'll more likely have another thing coming your way, and it will be the opposite of what you wanted.

If you've been scammed out of valuables by another player, you need to open a legal case against that player and win a ruling. THEN MindArk will have to comply with that ruling and cooperate in taking the necessary steps. Again: MindArk is NOT the opponent to go after. And not the police and not the judge and not your mommy either.

Is this so hard to understand? Obviously...

Appears so for many. However to make it really interesting you would make MA a party to any action :)

I don't know what it takes to hammer this into some skulls: MindArk is not the judge you need to get a ruling in your case. If you start threatening them, show up at their office and cause disruption etc. you'll more likely have another thing coming your way, and it will be the opposite of what you wanted.

If you've been scammed out of valuables by another player, you need to open a legal case against that player and win a ruling. THEN MindArk will have to comply with that ruling and cooperate in taking the necessary steps. Again: MindArk is NOT the opponent to go after. And not the police and not the judge and not your mommy either.

Is this really worth the effort now? Even if Mindark wanted to help those PEDs are long gone, either spent or withdrawn or some combination.

And as for holding them liable in a legal case, aren't they exonerated by the TOU by default?

Anyway Helena didn't open this thread for a solution, simply a discussion on whether or not all avatars are created equal.

The answer is: We have no idea. Because Mindark doesn't talk to us about these things. If only we had a President to communicate with them for us... :scratch2:

The answer is: We have no idea. Because Mindark doesn't talk to us about these things. If only we had a President to communicate with them for us... :scratch2:

Or a New MindArk Official Community Liason :scratch2:

Reactions: ZPF
The fact you ask that question is concerning. Illegal gains can be quickly dispersed to the point where it becomes difficult if not impossible (or not worth the effort) to undo. It's the magnifying effect. Think about it a bit.

I agree with you , but here is not an illegal gain , in both cases was an auction transaction , in the EU auction system , WHERE ALL THE TRADES ARE FINAL.
It wasn\t a private trade where the other player tryied or succeded to scam them . Helena and Mary with their mistakes created an opportunity for other players to gain big money.
If you buy something in AUC at 10 ped and after that you sell it with 1000 it is illegal earning ? the scale its not the same but are still cash , 100 $ or 10 000 $
Or if someone put a mod fap at 1000 ped and someone see it , he will buy it , anyone of us , if you ask everyone in what they do in this situation , they will give the fap back or they will keep it , 95% will SAY that will give them back , but NOT everyone will give it back , only some good persons , or friend of the seller will help him.
SO I dont see where is the problem of taking advantage of an opportunity ?
Entropia Market is a PVP area !

I agree with you , but here is not an illegal gain , in both cases was an auction transaction , in the EU auction system , WHERE ALL THE TRADES ARE FINAL.
It wasn\t a private trade where the other player tryied or succeded to scam them . Helena and Mary with their mistakes created an opportunity for other players to gain big money.
If you buy something in AUC at 10 ped and after that you sell it with 1000 it is illegal earning ? the scale its not the same but are still cash , 100 $ or 10 000 $
Or if someone put a mod fap at 1000 ped and someone see it , he will buy it , anyone of us , if you ask everyone in what they do in this situation , they will give the fap back or they will keep it , 95% will SAY that will give them back , but NOT everyone will give it back , only some good persons , or friend of the seller will help him.
SO I dont see where is the problem of taking advantage of an opportunity ?
Entropia Market is a PVP area !

For me it always comes down to the question of morality not rules.

Take the 'Purge' films, just because you can kill people on 'one' day of the year legally, doesn't mean you should. It's interesting concept though, because it highlights how as humans we teach our young right and wrong. Or politicians attempt to convert the people to accepting a "view" as the new normal. What was once wrong can be rewired to be the right thing to do.

So from that point of view, I felt that the "new" normal shouldn't be that we treat 'all' our fellow players as opportunities at any cost. Should we measure "goodwill" and value the social community? I think we should.

I fought for both Helena and Mary Chain in forum based on my view that I think it would cause more damage than good to the game if huge losses like that stood, even though a favourable outcome was limited. Plus I think it was the right thing to do to find an amicable solution that all could live with...as a community.

It's unfortunate Helena had the wrong buyer. I still believe in the Mary Jane case that both buyer and seller came to a satisfactory solution between themselves. Maybe there was some implied pressure from MA, we can guess all will like, but we will never know.

Rick

NO THEY ARE NOT IF NOT COMPLIANT WITH RL LAW

The law makes provisions against exploitation of such errors. You just have to go through the process to win a ruling.

Again, most are under a wrong perception who your government is in an RCE. Next time in bigger font, bold, and with colour until the moderators' eyes are bleeding. It would indeed help if MA could do more to clear up this mess.

For me it always comes down to the question of morality not rules.

Take the 'Purge' films, just because you can kill people on 'one' day of the year legally, doesn't mean you should. It's interesting concept though, because it highlights how as humans we teach our young right and wrong. Or politicians attempt to convert the people to accepting a "view" as the new normal. What was once wrong can be rewired to be the right thing to do.

So from that point of view, I felt that the "new" normal shouldn't be that we treat 'all' our fellow players as opportunities at any cost. Should we measure "goodwill" and value the social community? I think we should.

I fought for both Helena and Mary Chain in forum based on my view that I think it would cause more damage than good to the game if huge losses like that stood, even though a favourable outcome was limited. Plus I think it was the right thing to do to find an amicable solution that all could live with...as a community.

It's unfortunate Helena had the wrong buyer. I still believe in the Mary Jane case that both buyer and seller came to a satisfactory solution between themselves. Maybe there was some implied pressure from MA, we can guess all will like, but we will never know.

Rick

Hi

Strange that rick as your a bit hypocrital

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?290721-270-PED-mistake/page5 Yep unlucky it happens.

I remember buying some sweat off a guy as a new starter (10 years ago) for 100 ped instead of 10.....lol. He ran away so fast I didn't catch his name. It bothered me for a few days, then I put it down to learning curve.

I tt'd a 104 amp a few times over the years.

Sure I will back up a player that makes a huge mistake worth 'thousands' of dollars because I think it's good for the game for that to be resolved in a fair way.

But sorry $30 errors just happens to us all.

Be more careful next time

Rick

ps: I didn't read all the thread.

In my world your a hypocrite

The law makes provisions against exploitation of such errors. You just have to go through the process to win a ruling.

Again, most are under a wrong perception who your government is in an RCE. Next time in bigger font, bold, and with colour until the moderators' eyes are bleeding. It would indeed help if MA could do more to clear up this mess.

So there it goes , Yes MA should do more to correct they own system and to prevent this kind of mistakes and opportunities, and then will be not necessary to be a process between Player/s and MA. Evan if the player should know the rules of game , and agree with them , because in this situation the TUA are relative if by on your own fault , you can go over the rules and to be excused

And still I don't think that the player can win the process with MA , in this case .
Go and sell a painting in a auction house , you want to get 100k on it , and it is valued like this , but if you don't have enough interested bidders and your painting is selling at 10k , it's non the auction house fault .and not even of your buyer.

even if MA made pressure to Pitbull , let's supose this , he made a mistake to give them back , because in case that he took a perma ban after , he could call a lawyer because MA was acting against their own rules

One thing we don't know, is if there could be another reason for investigation. Maybe something dormant, something that's overseen with, but that could look like an elephant in a living room if it caught attention.

Back