Are you real?

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt

... or a replicant?

I can't believe I have to wait until October 2017 to watch this. :coffee:

I really hope this film does the original (one of my top 3 all time) justice.

We can but hope, depends on the director

A real bro would have waited 9 months to post this :laugh:

Hello darkness my old friend...

With the batting average of remakes that Hollywood has pumped out the past few years? :(

outlook-not-good.jpg

With the batting average of remakes that Hollywood has pumped out the past few years? :(

outlook-not-good.jpg

I think Robocop 1 > Robocop 1 remake
I think Total Recall > Total Recall remake

However:

(They got the music right, they got the feel right. they got Harrison Ford in it..... I got a good feeling about this)

(misquote was on purpose of course)

However:

(They got the music right, they got the feel right. they got Harrison Ford in it..... I got a good feeling about this)

Who is the director?
The guy who just did Star Wars: Rogue One brought 1977 back and nailed it.

However:

They also got Harrison Ford for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull... Just saying :laugh:

They also got Harrison Ford for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull... Just saying :laugh:

That wasn't a bad film though. I enjoyed it.

Predator - 7.8
Predator 2 - 6.2
Predators - 6.4

(At the moment I can think of only Aliens being better than the original film, sequels tend not to be as good. I happen to have seen the original Bladerunner with all the outtakes spliced back in, it's like the Mona Lisa with eyeshadow and lipstick - improves on the original ;) )

That wasn't a bad film though. I enjoyed it.

Predator - 7.8
Predator 2 - 6.2
Predators - 6.4

(At the moment I can think of only Aliens being better than the original film, sequels tend not to be as good. I happen to have seen the original Bladerunner with all the outtakes spliced back in, it's like the Mona Lisa with eyeshadow and lipstick - improves on the original ;) )

what is the name of thar version?

The original is my absolute No1 favourite as well.
Kinda doubt Villeneuve can beat Ridley Scott but a different take with all our modern technology should be interesting nevertheless. :yup:

The original is my absolute No1 favourite as well.
Kinda doubt Villeneuve can beat Ridley Scott but a different take with all our modern technology should be interesting nevertheless. :yup:

I'm looking forward to trailer 2. October is such a long way off. :tapfinger

Then again 1982 (original film release date) was also a very long time ago.

Who is the director?
The guy who just did Star Wars: Rogue One brought 1977 back and nailed it.

Watched that with a cinema full of sw nuts and most just thought it was just ok :dunno: I spent most of the first half wishing someone would turn the damn lights on (or am I getting old :scratch2:). There was more excitement after episode 7 but at the end I just thought good film but if it hadn't had the original cast it would have just been a poor reboot. I've got more hopes on 8 but praying they're not using EST as a template and hopefull Han doesn't come back as a vision for Rey - like Obiwan did for Luke. It's almost as if Disney are too scared to move away from the originals in fear of screwing them up and sticking too closely and screwing them up.

Back OT, at least they're not remaking it and it's a sequel. Worst thing that could happen is if it doesn't add anything and hopefully they leave Deckard's origins a mystery.

Can't stand reboots / remakes, I can only think of two that improved on the originals - Tetsuo 2 and Evil Dead 2.

Last edited:
Back OT, at least they're not remaking it and it's a sequel. Worst thing that could happen is if it doesn't add anything and hopefully they leave Deckard's origins a mystery.

I thought replicants only had a 4 year life span, and did Deckard and Rachel get divorced or did she die?

I guess I'll have to see the film to find out.

The fact they are using the same locations and the same 'film noir' style means this will be the must see film of 2017 (IMO)

I dont know why they leaving it as late as October though, thats gonna bust many fan's hype-o-meters.

Blade Runner for sure but there's more to look forward to!
Top anticipated in the omg-old-stuff-anew might be the new Twin Peaks and Alien too - and I didn't watch the star wars thingie yet :)

The one I really can't wait to watch in TV shows is next season Line of Duty, terrifyingly good production. Highly recommended if you missed the series so far.

I cant wait until October, fortunately I have something else produced by Mr Scott that is out in May.
Meg already mentioned it in earlier post.

That'll do me nicely. :yup:

Edit: RIP John Hurt.

Last edited:
Alien Covenant is out today! :wtg:

-----

The official Blade Runner 2049 Trailer is out too.

Back