PC: Christmas ring

strakkan

Prowler
Society
Relics
Per Strakkan Kollebolle
Hi !

Any suggestions what a fair price on 2016 christmas ring would be ? Anyone tried it and can tell how the miningpart of it works ?

Regards
Strakkan

As discussed in another thread, about 5-6k

If you see one for sale at that price let me know I'll be a few lol.

I'm thinking 12-16k ped easy

As the first to find this ring I made a pc thread as well, but no one really could answer me, went from 5/6000 ped up to about 15000 ped. But after using this ring now for a,few weeks there is,no way I would let it go for less then 25000 ped! The difference it has made to my defence costs and the faster reload is amazing and I have not even tried the mining sooto part off it as I am no miner what so ever, even though there will be a lot after the MM results I would not be surprised if there were not that many for sale, I did try selling mine but there is no way now I will unless someone makes me very good offer .

Last edited:
I'd pay 12K

Most people who are serious and not trying to lowball value the ring at approx 14-16k.

I personally think its worth 20k with ease given it combines a number of perfected rings (athenic and hermetic) with the max reload and mining buffs. This rings value will go up if/when MA release a compatible ring to replace the ares similar to the summer ring we have now.

As discussed in another thread, about 5-6k

I'll take two, one to keep and one to sell and upgrade my weapon and armor and to buy a house with the change :)

I think 20k is a reasonable price today. Will it lose half of its value in a year? Possible, but consider how much it will save you by then. My own modest rings are now 4 times cheaper than what I paid for them, but I've never regretted getting them for that price.

I've spoken to one owner of this ring, and after he told me how the 200% regeneration alters hunting 'modest' creatures, you wont get one of these rings cheaply.

The other modifiers are just icing and yet more icing to the cake IMO.

Heard one sold for 12k, and that was before all the ones for MM prizes hit the market. There is a shitload of stuff out there now, it's hard to maintain high prices, only so many ped to go around.

ive said it somewhere else and i will say it here again.
The problem with this ring is exactly what some see as an advantage. It combines too many features of other, cheaper rings.
First of all most use an Ares ring. As the Xmas ring has (nearly?) highest faster reload already means you devalue your ares ring, which you will keep for extra crit chance n dmg. overlapping buffs is not really good. next one is lots of people already getting their mod viceroy. mod vic also has nearly the highest evade buff possible, as well as the xmas ring. though that one is useless. especially as without mod vic you could use the cheap athenic rings to get the same. but as mod vic is there and will be used widly, xmas and athenics evade buff is kinda useless.
that leaves just a hermetic ring for left hand for most people, resulting in making speed buff on xmas ring useless as well. what stays is a rather useless sooto chance and the increased regeneration, which tbh when using adj resto like most hunters is kinda useless too.
thats the reason why people lowball this ring for 5-6k. as there are lots of other, overall more useful and cheaper options.

Heya all! Rings have been sold in the range from 10-18k as far as i know. There is alot more rings then other specific box rings. There is more than 20 in game now and 20 more will be introduced as MM rewards soon. First few looted got sold @ 15-18k. As more where in game price droped. It's great ring but there is no dmg/pec boost on it. Ther is no Skill gain. Alot of the effect you can get with much cheaper rings/items. As any item it's worth as much as someone is ready to pay for it.

Hope that helps! ;)

Cheers!

Thx for all the good answers :yay:

Heard one sold for 12k, and that was before all the ones for MM prizes hit the market. There is a shitload of stuff out there now, it's hard to maintain high prices, only so many ped to go around.

I know what one person sold to another person for 15k, and I know that guy buys rings like Pacman eats powerpills.

Dont sell below 20k, because I dont think he will. :cool:

(Or do, it's up to you)

Mining

As a miner I would not put much value on the SOOTO buff. It most likely does not affect your TT returns and will not noticeably affect your average markup either (we're talking a fraction of a percent increase at best). That PED is better spent upgrading your equipment (drill, refiner, finder, etc).

I'm not too familiar with what the new SOOTOs (nanites?) are worth nowadays, but unless MA/Arkadia adds a more frequently available SOOTO with a very strong markup, this simply isn't a buff worth paying 10k+ PEDs for from a pure mining perspective. The speed buff it gives is arguably more useful than the SOOTO buff as it lets you cycle PEDs much faster planetside. The skill gain buffs are nice as well.

The most valuable SOOTO in the game is the small chance of finding a modified/improved/adj excavator or adjusted refiner via mining on Calypso. Unfortunately there is not much markup to be found on Calypso, and you will bleed PEDs fast using a big amp (which most uber SOOTOs are found with). Not worth chasing this dream.

There are some SOOTO with very high markup (angel scales for example) but a 25% increase in this extremely rare find is not going to affect your returns in any meaningful way. And neither is 1 extra mah'ketta shin guards every month.

Back in the day when Liakon was still lootable, this would have been nice to play around with :laugh:

Also remember that this ring has even less value to pure indoor miners. I've never found a SOOTO in any indoor location aside from FOMA, personally.

For a pure mining perspective, I would put this at Perfected Hermetic Price + maybe 6k PED at most. For hunting, I have no idea.

However this is all just speculation. MA can be tricky with words, and we won't actually know how this ring works until someone provides a large sample size of data/testing.

Hello dear forum,
at first my price understanding was really strange, i thought it could cost 10k ~.

but few days ago one guy was looking for a ring and i asked what he pay (because probably i will win one in solo category) , and he say he offer 19k for it. I asked him to wait, but he said he wants it now.

second shock for me was when a guy was selling ring in trade for 30k bo.

So i just want to remind you guys, that there is people who say this ring is OP in some places and situations. Like PVP mining or Solo Event instance.

//mg

Hello dear forum,
at first my price understanding was really strange, i thought it could cost 10k ~.

but few days ago one guy was looking for a ring and i asked what he pay (because probably i will win one in solo category) , and he say he offer 19k for it. I asked him to wait, but he said he wants it now.

So i just want to remind you guys, that there is people who say this ring is OP in some places and situations. Like PVP mining or Solo Event instance.

//mg

as you can ready in my post a few hours ago i dotn really get why it would be more useful for pvp miners as for example a perfected hermetic or why it would be good for solo instances or events as other stuff is a lot more useful for this and a lot cheaper...

Hello dear forum,

//mg

Christmas is over :xmas:

I happen to know 2 people who have looted the ring. One sold & one kept it.

The one that sold it, was happy with the Ped he received, the one who kept, loves it to bits.

I think only seeing what the Easter 2017 ring will alter the price. Those stats wont alter though, and they are pretty awesome (as in the original meaning of the word).

From a layman non-reseller perspective price I still judge it between 15k and 20k Ped.

well there have been 18 xmas rings dropped from boxes + 20 from event. so 38 total. that should be the highest amount of season rings i guess

well there have been 18 xmas rings dropped from boxes + 20 from event. so 38 total. that should be the highest amount of season rings i guess

That doesn't count the ones looted offline.

Sold mine for 15k

christmas ringet!!!
The best a miner can get!!!

shave urself

I know what one person sold to another person for 15k, and I know that guy buys rings like Pacman eats powerpills.

Dont sell below 20k, because I dont think he will. :cool:

(Or do, it's up to you)

Indeed as a proud owner of my Precious I couldn't imagine selling for less then 20k. I had to turn down the instant offer of 15k because well I wanted to start testing this beautiful ring which i feel is perhaps the best ring in game outside of rings like the Summer ring cause of course the skill boost is amazing on that. Then got a offer of 17k from a REseller so there is MU still on this I believe however selling for the highest price isn't my goal although dam i could use the PED.

The ring is the best of everything. Why isn't it referred to as the God Ring?

25% Evade/Dodge/Jammer - To go from 8% to the 25% on my ring was noticeable INSTANTLY in mobs not hitting me.

15%- Faster Reload has been wonderous for hunting and of course all the other skilling that I do.

200% Regen which is overlooked- I have to say it is indeed amazing its like having a Vivo S10 heal every 20 secs. Mega wanted me to test that so I did. Results were without the ring 12min 41sec to regen to full HP from zero after death. With ring it was 4mins 11secs. When solo sweating some mobs I now don't have to heal and when hunting some mobs also don't have to heal. While not practical at some high lvls it has indeed saved my life many times. Where the next hit would of killed me but i got off a heal at the same time as my Regen kicking in. Just food for thought.

Mining skill buff- I am a skiller and miner so how precious is this. Been helping me get some extra HP now as i do some Treasure hunting on Ark with this ring.

25% run- Priceless off course

25% decrease crit- Stack me up with this please.

Sooto- As mentioned tough to say but isn't any chance on something rare better to have then not?

Harvest detection- I am a Tree Harvester and for me flying in my Sleip while being able to see trees to harvest not to mention Huge Trees so i can land and snag them is wonderful for me.

Overall to me seems like its the best ring in game. The only question is what ring do you pair up with it. Summer ring seems like the best option.

So for price what is it worth. I mean the accel and evade alone is worth 8-10k. So then there is the other buffs. For me its a 20k+ ring. The question is i guess is what does the future of buffs hold for EU. Does item caps get raised at all? Do another mining skill buff ring come out? Until that time happens though this ring is top notch in my book and you may only look at my ring for 5 secs before i scream My Precious and hide it from your view.

Just my point of view

Abomb

Overall to me seems like its the best ring in game. The only question is what ring do you pair up with it. Summer ring seems like the best option.

So for price what is it worth. I mean the accel and evade alone is worth 8-10k. So then there is the other buffs. For me its a 20k+ ring. The question is i guess is what does the future of buffs hold for EU. Does item caps get raised at all? Do another mining skill buff ring come out? Until that time happens though this ring is top notch in my book and you may only look at my ring for 5 secs before i scream My Precious and hide it from your view.

Just my point of view

Abomb

Is it a good ring? Yes it is
Is it the overall best one in game? Most likely not, the Easter Ring has a major eco impact, hence it being the most expensive one

I get that you from a personal perspective consider it to be worth 20k+, as a holder of the ring you have a different perspective than a buyer. A buyer faces options, and due to the caps there are cheaper/better combinations as well as the Christmas ring 2016 being the most available seasonal ring.

The way I see it, if someone can prove that the SOOTO-buff means something better than a 25% increase on the current percentage likelyhood of finding a SOOTO this will dramatically improve its worth.

As a hunter this ring is sort of in between other rings, its not great but it could improve your performance a bit.
As a miner this ring is more of a luxurious thing to get, the SOOTO-boost is perhaps a small addition but not at all worth 20k+

The availabilty of the ring alongside with other rings will probably make this ring worth 10-15k once the novelty dies of and no one is able to prove the usefulness of the SOOTO-buff.

Just my point of view

Abomb

For me it seems to be a 10k ring. Not only because of the stats of it (no eco gain), also because of the quantity of rings in game. After mayhem rewards are handed out, there are 50+ rings around. Much more than all other season rings (last year) together.
I dont belive that there are 50+ people with the will to buy such ring for 2k$. Just my 2 pec. :)

For me it seems to be a 10k ring. Not only because of the stats of it (no eco gain), also because of the quantity of rings in game. After mayhem rewards are handed out, there are 50+ rings around. Much more than all other season rings (last year) together.
I dont belive that there are 50+ people with the will to buy such ring for 2k$. Just my 2 pec. :)

Very valid point. Obviously having more of this ring in game decreases its value just like any other item.

However once you have it. Man it is hard to let go and being that I am not a pure hunter or miner or any profession I guess I am able to get it's full benefits. My question is let's say hypothetically I do sell my ring which i do love. What do i replace it with? The combination of buffs it has to offer are really incredible. Any way I slice it I seem to lose out on some amazing buffs.

Which is why I would think keeping the ring and coming up with something to pair it with. Heck another ring could come out that makes having this ring the perfect combo. Only time will tell in that regard.

Within a year this will be less than 5k.

I know of 3 that sold 15-17k, however now no more are dropping guess depends on demand for ones still about to be sold.

after this year easter, it will make good combo and price will be arround 20k ped

after this year easter, it will make good combo and price will be arround 20k ped

Care to explain why? Based on the amounts of easter rings that dropped last year I find this unlikely.

Care to explain why? Based on the amounts of easter rings that dropped last year I find this unlikely.

And Easter is a lefthanded ring...

Back