They sold in-game statues for $500? :laugh:

I'm trying to think of a more wasteful thing they could charge money for, and I can't. :(

They sold the 'promise' of ingame statues for 500$ which had a buyout of 5000$ - so far they have yet to reply to any support case - i wonder if replies would have happened sooner if all had sold for buyout...

it will always be a shame that the complainers don't play other online games so they can compare situations. path of exile, my favourite example for comparisons, sold (and still sells) mtx bundles for 1000$, the chance to create a card item for 1000$, and the chance to create a monster used in the game for 10000$. obviously that is not a rme game...

500 for a statue is less unreasonable than you think... in comparison

it will always be a shame that the complainers don't play other online games so they can compare situations. path of exile, my favourite example for comparisons, sold (and still sells) mtx bundles for 1000$, the chance to create a card item for 1000$, and the chance to create a monster used in the game for 10000$. obviously that is not a rme game...

500 for a statue is less unreasonable than you think... in comparison

Except the statues sold and still have not been awarded. Those other games actually give you what you buy in a timely manner.

Except the statues sold and still have not been awarded. Those other games actually give you what you buy in a timely manner.

Weird thing is, the statues should take less resources from MA compared to a building being sold (like the bank buildings), or a LA or whatever.

After all they should have all the graphics assets for the various avatars in the game. If there are clothing options for the statues, they should also have the necessary graphics assets for those, after all they inserted those things into the game.

Worst case, they can always scale up the avatar of the winner and put it in whatever locations, and thats all they need. Maybe give it a bronze texture or something, if they want it to look like a specific material.

Any decent 3d artist (I assume MA still has them) can sort out a statue based on an existing avatar, with existing graphical assets in an hour or so (probably in minutes).

:scratch2:

Reading this, I seems it would have been wise for MA to

sell Billboards

at some premium locations. Maybe the exclusive right per year or something like that...

Reading this, I seems it would have been wise for MA to

sell Billboards

at some premium locations. Maybe the exclusive right per year or something like that...
Rocktropia already did that...

Yeah, if instead of statues they sold billboards with the ability to place a couple shop keepers the deeds would have sold for buyout in about 15.3 seconds.

...Ok well maybe not for the buyout they set. But they would have all sold and for a much higher price than 5000 ped.

"Almost 3 months" bump.

Any update?

Last edited:

"Almost 3 months" bump.

Any update?

:lolup::lolup::lolup:.....no. This is Mindark after all. In another 6 - 8 months it might make it's way into their "todo" pile which also contains a few other "light" tasks such as:

- BattleSim expansions
- Space expansion (mining, hunting, more vehicles, missions...)
- Compet (1st deed payout, beta completion, advertising...)
- Taming/pet Buff improvements
- Countless BigBulk, Hoggle, Migration, Mulmun....etc events that need to be launched every couple weeks to keep up pedflow.
- Land plot improvements (additional buildings, use for gardening, harvesting profession expansion...)
- CLD voting system implementation
- Of course let's not forget the full time job of thinking up and pumping out new boxes and rings every other month lol

... of course, that list is just for starters.

Mindark has coming up with exciting ideas that they NEVER plan to finish down to a fucking SCIENCE!:laugh:

Fret not though, they WILL get to it just as soon as everyone has forgotten about the statues, they get overgrown with weeds and are stained with Atrox piss. ;)

Last edited:
I took over a year for the the bank owners to get their banks so waiting a couple of months isn't so long for just a statue.

I'd have thought they'd be in contact with the buyers to find out what pose, items and clothing to have on the statue straight after the sale. May be the purchase costs didn't cover the dev time and are trying to quietly forget about them.

I took over a year for the the bank owners to get their banks so waiting a couple of months isn't so long for just a statue.

I'd have thought they'd be in contact with the buyers to find out what pose, items and clothing to have on the statue straight after the sale. May be the purchase costs didn't cover the dev time and are trying to quietly forget about them.

There has been no contact since the purchase over 3 months ago, not even a confirmation that the support cases have been read.

Maybe Mindark will put the buyer's feet in concrete and throw them off of the bridge near PA?

Maybe but that's not an excuse they can get away with. If it was communicated to buyers it would take this long then that would be okay. Right now it is as if they took their money and ran.

There has been no contact since the purchase over 3 months ago, not even a confirmation that the support cases have been read.

6 months after the purchase, the claim support case was closed, new one has been opened - still no answer regarding avatar statue deeds - i tend to think that when you sell something that isnt finished - you would atleast provide customer service and give updates till its finished and not just ignoring your customer... :rolleyes:

6 months after the purchase, the claim support case was closed, new one has been opened - still no answer regarding avatar statue deeds - i tend to think that when you sell something that isnt finished - you would atleast provide customer service and give updates till its finished and not just ignoring your customer... :rolleyes:

Classic MA, some things never change. What a bunch of......

Maybe but that's not an excuse they can get away with. If it was communicated to buyers it would take this long then that would be okay. Right now it is as if they took their money and ran.

They've been doing that over and over again in various places in game... especially when it comes to estates. Lots of those stopped working for months (years?) at a time before they finally 'fixed' the problem after a few hundred support tickets... Hopefully the statues will get finalized before the next end of year sales scam/scheme.

as a wandering atrox lifts it's leg to the forgotten, rusted, weed overgrown relics.
great idea for pets 2.0? New actions for the pets to do... maybe new pet commands to 'piss on it' and 'shit on it' can become the 'new way' to create dung and give pets a 'usefulness'?

Now will be a good time for Ludvig|MindArk to respond here and give an update.

But then again, it seems no official responds to questions they do not want to answer.

ok so about 1 year later... :poke:

Yeah that's bad, how lame can it get?

I feel bad for the people that mindark essentially stole those thousands of peds from. Took their 5000 peds without a second though and delivered literally nothing for a year and counting.

Have they been delivered yet or has there been any communication about them since?

Just an interested observer.

its insane that they let the customer pay upfront and then not deliver something, that literally takes 15 minutes to create, for more than a year. quite a sad story for a company that speaks that highly about themselves.

its insane that they let the customer pay upfront and then not deliver something, that literally takes 15 minutes to create, for more than a year. quite a sad story for a company that speaks that highly about themselves.

sure its more than 15, but i do agree. everytime i see the statues it gives me a negative opinion of MA

leaving the statues blank is a large advertisement and reminder that MA dont finish things, the other unfinished things we dont see

Have they been delivered yet or has there been any communication about them since?

Just an interested observer.

Nothing delivered and the only indirect communication was 'they are working on it' but since they dont even know what the owners want cause they dont speak directly with us its actually impossible that they are 'working on it'...
Noone can tell me that they have to create new systems to put statues ingame when i know that they have all the systems they need - just takes some copy/paste skills - and if they really programm an entire new system for 3 existing owners instead of just talking with us what we want then thats even more a waste of time.

Nothing delivered and the only indirect communication was 'they are working on it' but since they dont even know what the owners want cause they dont speak directly with us its actually impossible that they are 'working on it'...
Noone can tell me that they have to create new systems to put statues ingame when i know that they have all the systems they need - just takes some copy/paste skills - and if they really programm an entire new system for 3 existing owners instead of just talking with us what we want then thats even more a waste of time.

I have the feeling, MA gets nothing more. Everything is flawed and unfinished on the market. But the cashier works .......
The bad communication with the customers / investors, is already legendary

MA and customer (player) have concluded a legal contract here:
payment for creation of a statue ingame with defined specifications. by paying the agreed price the player has fulfilled his part of the contract. but MA has not delivered the product.

if i had bought a statue, then i would set an appropriate period for delivery (two weeks / 10 business days are widely considered as "appropiate" in legal terms) and then demand refund, if the contract is not fulfilled by MA.

using the popular forums/social media, etc. for publishing reports of all player actions, dates and MA's reactions in this process will drag the problem into public.
MA hates legal actions and publicity on their problems. they will react.

simple and effective.

I'm just goin g to speak up a little sheepishly on this one. I have no dog in this particular fight and wasn't around when these were sold so I've just been observing on this one.

I was just having "shower thoughts" moment and I wonder if they are working on something (as JBK says "a system") for this.

I mean, as far as I can tell they basically offered a statue of an avatar (there were two or three styles right?) with a name plaque on it.

But somehow there's all this questions about a million things. John you have some great ideas but maybe a little too much for this thing?

Now it seems people havve hopes for so many things it should be an estate with some sort of "manageable" statue where an avatar can equip/dequip actual items and maybe a shopkeeper too if you can't use the area as a proper little estate itself. User equipable/modifiable (PC) signage.

I'm not even sure what else has been posited in these threads and some of the letters to MA. It seems they're really in a bind now. If MA sold you a manageable estate with all this functionality in the middle of twins for 5k ped a lot of people are going to be pissed. None of this was mentioned or even so much as hinted at in anything I saw about this sale or the statues.

That brings us to the problem of MA communications again, this could be cleared up either way. But honestly I wonder at this point if they're not actually working on some sort of compromise solution that will consider this.

I am sort of sorry in an altruistic way that if there isn't some way to manage this nicely these statues will basically be poles covered up in big garish (PC) signs all the time. It would perhaps be wiser to build one in and try to make it tasteful. And as it turns out none of the buyers seem interested in what was basically a simple vanity item but of course (MA has bred this attitude for years) to get some business edge or profit directly from it.

I hear you talking about the deeds like it might be sellable or tradeable. What?

So before this seems personal let me just point out that JBK is very vocal and clear in his interests and how to express them. Plus he has a lot of "interesting" ideas which he presents well. All noted to point out this isn't meant as any attack or even argument really. Much less me defending MA who REALLY NEEDS to just say something, anything at all.

But maybe this is parked while they sort out some sort of middle ground?

Personally I think they should just put up the hunter/miner/whatever avatar that was supposed to be selectable and close the book on this one. They've bungled it along too far. But who knows, maybe they're actually trying to do something nice with it for the few that actually decided to get involved.

Got my fingers crossed that you guys (and the ark land plots, and etc...) start seeing some satisfaction soon.

It's really, really hard to love an abuser.

using the popular forums/social media, etc. for publishing reports of all player actions, dates and MA's reactions in this process will drag the problem into public.
MA hates legal actions and publicity on their problems. they will react.

simple and effective.

Nobody. I mean nobody. In the social media world cares about MA or Entropia. 99.99% of "gamers" don't care about MA or Entropia.

The only people who care are current players.

The only way they can protest is by not playing.

And they can't do that if they're hooked in.

Back