jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
For those wondering here's the results of the avatar statue auctions...

[Avatar Statue Deed - Twin Peaks Main] - SOLD + 5000
[Avatar Statue Deed - Twin Peaks Octagon] - SOLD + 5001
[Avatar Statue Deed - Port Atlantis Waterfront] - SOLD + 5000
[Avatar Statue Deed - Athena Spaceport] - SOLD + 5000
[Avatar Statue Deed - Cape Corinth] - NOT SOLD
[Avatar Statue Deed - Port Atlantis Main] - NOT SOLD
[Avatar Statue Deed - Zychion] - NOT SOLD
[Avatar Statue Deed - Minopolis] - NOT SOLD
[Avatar Statue Deed - Fort Troy] - NOT SOLD
[Avatar Statue Deed - Half Moon Bay] - NOT SOLD
[Avatar Statue Deed - Nymphtown] - NOT SOLD
[Avatar Statue Deed - Fort Ithaca] - NOT SOLD

LOL way to go guys... what an uninspired blatant attempt at a cash grab that failed miserably. These people obviously don't think too much of the players as you'd have to be a pretty big egotistical megalomaniac to buy something like that for yourself. (No offense to the purchasers), though I imagine most purchased as a gamble that the deeds will somehow actually have some value rather than a way to stroke their own ego.

Really, I'm surprised how many actually sold and what's funny is these people are going to be immortalized as part of EU history yet when I looked at who was bidding on these it wasn't anyone that notable that had been in game 10+ years or had any significant accomplishments or contributions to the EU community that would warrant them being worthy of induction into a timeless tribute showcasing them as an integral part of EU's history.

It cracks me up because I just know how this is going to play out down the line... Many years from now people will look at those statues and go "wow who were these gods among men that we might gaze up upon their golden statues in wonder and appreciation for all they have done for the Entropia community?" and to which the response will be "iunno some dudes with more money then sense apparently ...wow look at that guy that just hit a 10k ped hof now that's MY idol!" which will be spoken in passing as a wandering atrox lifts it's leg to the forgotten, rusted, weed overgrown relics.

Realistically, they should have offered this as a reward in some sort of event catering to the long time players. A way to try to welcome back into the fold long time players that had left. Ya know? Give them a reason to come back? Something FUN? Like an event for players that have been around at least 5 - 10 years. Maybe have some instances and have the deeds (and nice items) drop randomly during the event.... Something on par with the second golden age or TEN events - but no no that would make too much sense. We can't forget the creedo of who we're dealing with here "we don't give a shit and it shows - now deposit more and STFU!" lol

Good job guys you took yet another golden opportunity and flushed in down the drain. *slow clap*

I'm starting to think all the players that give a crap about this game should just pool their money together to buy it outright and put the effort into it that it deserves to turn it into the MMO we all hoped it would become one day.

Sorry if this post sounds a bit harsh it just aggravates me when I see more of the potential of this game squandered like this.

Last edited:
Bit harsh :laugh:

I know some of the buyers/ bidders, the ones I know have been in the game 10+ years and are well known in the community ( maybe not always for the right reasons mind you!) These weren't awards for outstanding achievement, just another bit of eu real estate. The ones I know are not *that* egotistical... but I believe are hoping there may be a way of using them in business.

I do however agree that the sales seem to be much worse than anticipated. I feel they weren't really advertised all that well, and heard they weren't searchable on auction.

Last edited:
From statues or from loot, MA will have their way in the end. And those who rub salt in their wounds will have it without lube :silly2:

Equus QUAD - Sale price 52000Ped

Player price - 35-42000Ped

Essentially, the statues are dead Ped. Hence any, experienced, well known player did not buy them.

The best players move in the shadows....

I put "statue" into auction search a few times, I could never locate any of them. A HHGTTG Vogon quote did spring to my mind.

Not saying I would have bid, but I might have...:tongue2:

Congratulations to those that won.

Next time I'll remember to check the Planning Office in Alpha Centuri.

Last edited:
Bit harsh :laugh:

I know some of the buyers/ bidders, the ones I know have been in the game 10+ years and are well known in the community ( maybe not always for the right reasons mind you!) These weren't awards for outstanding achievement, just another bit of eu real estate. The ones I know are not *that* egotistical... but I believe are hoping there may be a way of using them in business.

I do however agree that the sales seem to be much worse than anticipated. I feel they weren't really advertised all that well, and heard they weren't searchable on auction.

Yeah... upon re-reading my post it does sounds a bit harsh. I must have too much passion for this game as I find it too upsetting that too many aspects of it are controlled by people that either have no clue what they are doing or simply just don't give a rats ass - which is a shame.

In any case, I didn't see all the bidders so my blanket statement of them all not being notable avatars is unconfirmed... just the couple I checked into weren't names that I recognized. And I don't mean any offense to your friends... as was said their main motivation was as a possible business venture moreso than a "look at me" kinda thing.

Also yes, they didn't advertise the auctions very well at all. I mean they were in auction for 30 days in the estates section but to be honest they really didn't even half ass the effort.. A) They didn't even put a slide for it in the launcher B) The deeds were not searchable in auction C) The deed auctions didn't even have a title so they just showed as a blank space when listed in auction. D) They didn't even clearly explain exactly WHAT the deeds would give you. It was a very vague statement like... "well it'll be a statue that'll look like your avatar and show some message or something... iunno we'll figure out the details AFTER you buy it for top dollar".

Lots of people asked questions as well which were never answered.... a few goodies that to my knowledge went unanswered:
  • Can you have space to place shopkeepers nearby?
  • Will you be able to select/change what gear your statue is wearing?
  • Will it function like a mannequin?
  • Will you have the ability to change your message?
  • Will you be able to sell the statue/deed in the future?
  • Can you have the ability to accept peds for a buff from the statue?

As a heads up the statues which sold were bought by:
Twin Peaks - Octagon - Bryan Drifter Fonseaca
Twin Peaks - Main - John Black Knight
Athena Spaceport - Nocturnal Navigator
Port Atlantis - Waterfront - Nocturnal Navigator

In my case i have been looking for a long time to get an opportunity of a small advertisement space for the ToS transport service at twin peaks. It never came to be and i didnt want to buy a whole bank for it ;)
So when the statues went on sale i had several questions like:
Is it for avatars only ?
Will they be upgradeable (eg. with a few itempoints) ?
Can they be updated in future ?
etc.
I made a support case asking these questions several days before auction end, but got no reply.
I also made a support case after the purchase with questions regarding the claim process and possibilities, still no reply.
So yeah i guess the big questions now that the auction has run out with only getting a few startbids will be - do the remaining statue deeds get relisted in webshop and/or will the avatar statues still receive the same development capacity they would have gotten if one of them had sold for buyout ?
Or will mindark now just deliver the cheapest possible result even though it was their 'annual sale' ?

For those wondering here's the results of the avatar statue auctions...

[Avatar Statue Deed - Twin Peaks Main] - SOLD + 5000
[Avatar Statue Deed - Twin Peaks Octagon] - SOLD + 5001
[Avatar Statue Deed - Port Atlantis Waterfront] - SOLD + 5000
[Avatar Statue Deed - Athena Spaceport] - SOLD + 5000
[Avatar Statue Deed - Cape Corinth] - NOT SOLD
[Avatar Statue Deed - Port Atlantis Main] - NOT SOLD
[Avatar Statue Deed - Zychion] - NOT SOLD
[Avatar Statue Deed - Minopolis] - NOT SOLD
[Avatar Statue Deed - Fort Troy] - NOT SOLD
[Avatar Statue Deed - Half Moon Bay] - NOT SOLD
[Avatar Statue Deed - Nymphtown] - NOT SOLD
[Avatar Statue Deed - Fort Ithaca] - NOT SOLD

LOL way to go guys... what an uninspired blatant attempt at a cash grab that failed miserably. These people obviously don't think too much of the players as you'd have to be a pretty big egotistical megalomaniac to buy something like that for yourself. (No offense to the purchasers), though I imagine most purchased as a gamble that the deeds will somehow actually have some value rather than a way to stroke their own ego.

I myself simply forgot to look into this more. I wanted to just get an idea of the starting cost - but forgot. Was thinking about getting one so that OpaloMan would finally have a cape.

As a heads up the statues which sold were bought by:
Twin Peaks - Octagon - Bryan Drifter Fonseaca
Twin Peaks - Main - John Black Knight
Athena Spaceport - Nocturnal Navigator
Port Atlantis - Waterfront - Nocturnal Navigator

Useful information, thanks JBK.

I guess 5000 ped is not so much to spend to be immortalized forever especially if you add practicality by placing an advertisement on it.

MIDNIGHT EXPRESS 5 PED WARPING [Varyag]
Arkadia-->Rocktropia-->Calypso-->Arkadia
http://varyag-delivers.weebly.com/web-chat.html
my chatname: VaryagDelivers

Last edited:
I guess 5000 ped is not so much to spend to be immortalized forever especially if you add practicality by put an advertisement on it.

Dont want to kill the thread or anything but one of the 'Volt' line passed last year and this will be purchased. Its a minor expense considering.

http://www.memorialbenchesuk.co.uk/acatalog/Memorial-Benches.html.

In Ped terms its more than 5000.

I think MA maybe need to:

• Make them auction searchable
  • Make them available for the rest of 2017

They will sell (well the ones that dont face the wall will sell)

facepalm.jpg

I guess 5000 ped is not so much to spend to be immortalized forever especially if you add practicality by put an advertisement on it.

ND did contest a few years back where you could put a pic on some of billboards for free. I know entropia planets have one and skeezer has joke one for president (this was before VR president fresco). You can also buy a bill board
at camp crunk that you add shopkeeper too. One in auction now for 1500.

I know what the plan is for the one that Bryan Drifter bought. It's basically just going to become a permanent billboard advertising his various shops.

IMO these were nothing more than a waste of resources as everyone else has stated.

I know what the plan is for the one that Bryan Drifter bought. It's basically just going to become a permanent billboard advertising his various shops.

IMO these were nothing more than a waste of resources as everyone else has stated.

Well, pets were used for this back in the day, and we dont have those huge Exarasaur / Daikiba adverts any more. So if you are right Drifter bought himself a good advert.

I think Mindark may decide to relist the unsold ones (I would in their shoes as they are already in place)

The 25 Equus sold but it took about 10 months for them all to sell, so (again IMO) put them on auction (searchable this time) for 11 months. I'm betting most would sell.

I had the first bid on the Twin Peaks - Octagon for long and I decided early that I wasnt going to bid more on it (either I would get it or not), I have played over 10 years.

I was going to use the statue for advertice to some locations and chatchannels. I might have used it for info to host some boxing events since it was near the octagon.

It was not that important that the statue had to be my avatar. Would be better if the statue could been something else also..

They were listed in estates in Caly auction, fairly easy to spot to be fair.

They had 'one' item point. There was a lot of discussion in game if they might take shop keepers. Although players came to the conclusion the one item point was the statue itself.

Sure if we bought a statue for ourselves, we would've been ripped apart by the player base.....it's just not cool.

Maybe MA were hoping people might band together and buy one for say a special soc mate or something like that.....who knows.

I don't blame MA for throwing it out there, there's so many huge ego's in game that they might have sold...lol.

Rick

They were listed in estates in Caly auction, fairly easy to spot to be fair.

If I put "statue" in auction search and it brought up nothing each time then I think the above results speak more loudly than implying it was player error.

You can disagree of course. If so, then perhaps we can agree the auction needs another revamp, preferably one that avoids the next selling of 100 CLD for the price of 1.

If I put "statue" in auction search and it brought up nothing each time then I think the above results speak more loudly than implying it was player error.

You can disagree of course. If so, then perhaps we can agree the auction needs another revamp, preferably one that avoids the next selling of 100 CLD for the price of 1.

MA said:
Known Issue - Avatar Statue Deeds

16 Dec 2016 15:55 UTC

An auction interface issue is currently causing the item names for the Avatar Statue deeds not to display. This issue will be corrected in an upcoming patch.

In the meanwhile, please make use of the Item Info button at the bottom of the auction interface (to the left of the pagination buttons) to view the name and location of the Avatar Statue deed auction listings.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Originally posted here

It's not a big deal, and I don't think it would affect the sale whatsoever (no new person who doesn't know how to use the auction to find things without the search box has 5k PED sitting on their account).

They didn't sell because it was a shit idea (advertising was not their intended purpose, and would be useless in some of the locations).

It's not a big deal, and I don't think it would affect the sale whatsoever (no new person who doesn't know how to use the auction to find things without the search box has 5k PED sitting on their account).

They didn't sell because it was a shit idea (advertising was not their intended purpose, and would be useless in some of the locations).

I think they'll be relisted in any case.

Having only four with proper names and the rest as placeholder figurines will look ridiculous.

I think they'll be relisted in any case.

Having only four with proper names and the rest as placeholder figurines will look ridiculous.

Agreed, its likely they will be relisted or go to webshop like invisible armors did (but then if rumors are true it seems only 1 armor set was sold in the past year until they got taken of the webshop, please correct me if im wrong) - it remains to be seen if they will sell over time or if they get taken away along with the christmas trees.

It also will be interesting to see if the current look remains with 4 small 3d figures standing on each side of the pylon or if it will be one big 3d statue instead (like at arkadia celeste harbour) (in the later case as has already been pointed out some of the locations might have statues in risk of facing a wall or away from public areas) and in the first case most statues may not look very interesting at all.

Another use for some of the statues might be that mindark adds them as additional prize in some of their official events - saves them comming up with something new and gets them out and in use (like when they handed out TP naming rights).

It's been a month... what happened with the statues?

It's been a month... what happened with the statues?

So far not even a reply that the claim through support case has been received - atleast not in my case.

Same, got the deed but no new info after either :dunno:

I never knew when those auctions happened. :rolleyes:

I for one find the 5000 dollars for a spaceship much more unreasonable

They sold in-game statues for $500? :laugh:

I'm trying to think of a more wasteful thing they could charge money for, and I can't. :(

Back