Help: To switch to BLP rifles or to stick to laser?

Pratahn

Guardian
Being newbie on Cali I started with laser weapons - the only weapon available to newbies on Cali.
Recently I hit lvl 30 in laser sniper (hit) and almost there in laser (dmg) and when starting to play in teams with higher lvl players was surprised to see the relatively cheap Dante blp amp gives much more dmg then the relatively comparable (in price) Omegatons.
Now I use LC-120 CDF and compared it to BLP Leonis special edition CDF and they seem to be practically identical in ECO, DPS and range but using Dante vs A 106 (which differ ~200 ped in price) gives 6 DPS more. The laser amps with similar to Dante stats costs *a lot* more.
So is it worth to switch to BLP practically giving up 10 lvls in Hit and Dmg? I understand the comparison may look much better at the higher levels but getting from i.e. lvl 30 to lvl 50 will take a lot of time for me.
Also are there newbie BLP gun on some planet or there is no way for a new player to start with blp weapons?

Taking about new players, there are no reparable blp amps smaller than the 19 dmg Beast (except for Angst that has bad eco), so blp isn't viable at low levels if you strive for eco.

Later in game BLP is an option if you are fine with sacrificing some eco in exchange for dps. Personally, being an eco whore I've never considered blp.

Later in game BLP is an option if you are fine with sacrificing some eco in exchange for dps.

For now I use exclusively Daily trader guns; I checked several blp CDF guns above Leonis special edition CDF and with dante they all give ECO in the range of 2,95.

eco blabla
Laser pfew pfew
Those ugly super soaker looking laser carabines.

BLP is the way to go!!!
RATATATATATATA!!! :handgun:
:wtg:

just grab a sword and hack and slash! :)

(or try a fist, etc.)... remember you can get some attributes, etc. to go higher faster if you use multiple types of weapons instead of just clicking the same type forever... (Also, it's pretty fun to switch weapons and figure out the best keyboard map for doing so effectively, etc.)

Last edited:
Since you are using (L), why not both?

I just use whatever gives me the best eco+dps at the moment, BLP or Laser I don't care. Even having UL gear I sometimes use (L) when they are dirt cheap.

Most of the time is seasonal weapons that flood the auction and I can buy for 102% or something like that. Whatever has the minimum DPS required and gives me the best eco that's what I use.

Why some players keep paying 130% (or more) for their favourite weapon is something I will never understand.

GL

Once I got above level 30 laser pistol I started using a BLP as well - a few years back lower level players often couldn't find the right weapon for their level (before daily mission tokens) Being able to use BLP gave more options when choosing a gun. Eventually I switched to Melee which I still do half the time - I still use laser and blp rifles / carbines for bringing a mob in then finish with the sword.

As Dante prices are relatively stable, just try it out. With Dante+(L), there's no long term investment cost in trying out BLP for a bit :)

Back