Question: Enhancers UL weapons and prices!

Arangar

Alpha
Society
Magnum Opus
Arangar Vagrant Melanwil
Hi,
One of the cool things with UL weapons is the possibility of unlocking permanent sockets, and its quite flexible and fun to find an enhancer combo you like etc. But feels like this aspect of the game is slowly dying with the crazy markup on enhancers and their mats, its not even worth making them myself anymore...and I am wondering if its even worth tiering or having an UL weapon anymore to be honest.

Hi,
One of the cool things with UL weapons is the possibility of unlocking permanent sockets, and its quite flexible and fun to find an enhancer combo you like etc. But feels like this aspect of the game is slowly dying with the crazy markup on enhancers and their mats, its not even worth making them myself anymore...and I am wondering if its even worth tiering or having an UL weapon anymore to be honest.

I am enjoying all of the empty enhancer slots on my weapons. I was happily depositing and buying mats and making my own enhancers for a while because I loved punching up on bigger mobs with all of those damage enhancers! But, then it got so expensive to buy the mats that it made more sense to just buy them already crafted, until that also got cost prohibitive. I don't have time to spend all evening mining up a few stones here and there in a lootable pvp area just to make a couple enhancers that break so fast. So I burned up the last of my enhancers and reduced my playstyle accordingly. Kinda strange that MA wants to put a cap on a resource that enables me want to play and spend more, effectively making me play and spend less. :laugh:

Last edited:
high markup means demand and thus is the exact opposite of dying

But then were is demand a miners appear to cover that. He is starting mining on areas when needed resuource can be found. And you know what? he can barely hit it. He is changing the spots for know one where this mineral was previous and you know what? He can barely find few claims of it when few months ago there was no problem with finding it but then the price was below 200 on dianth or below 150 on pyrite. So my question is. If there is big demand so plenty of people is using enhancers, then the broken enh should turn back dianth/pyrite into the ground so there should be plenty of dianth/pyrite in it and there isnt.

Not necessarily, in this case the issue being run into is groups of people hoarding resources because of the fixed resource cap to drive up the markup because EU is at this point known to run on a resource cap system.

It's bullshit, the markup is bullshit, and they're going to keep doing this unless MindArk fixes it, right now they're just starving people so that the few who are still willing to pay the markup get their wallets assblasted paying for it.

Not necessarily, in this case the issue being run into is groups of people hoarding resources because of the fixed resource cap to drive up the markup because EU is at this point known to run on a resource cap system.

It's bullshit, the markup is bullshit, and they're going to keep doing this unless MindArk fixes it, right now they're just starving people so that the few who are still willing to pay the markup get their wallets assblasted paying for it.

if people were not buying them the price would go down. clearly people dont mind paying 600% or more. seems to me MA doesnt need to fix what isnt broken.

Half true. It also can be too short supply even with some demand and there are quite a few that don't care about the math of it.

if people were not buying them the price would go down. clearly people dont mind paying 600% or more. seems to me MA doesnt need to fix what isnt broken.

Half true. It also can be too short supply even with some demand and there are quite a few that don't care about the math of it.

I am reminded of the quote, "Some people have more money than sense."

I think of it every time I depo :laugh:

Depends on your benefit from the item in question.

Accuracy enhancers are far more useful to people in EST than regular users, for example.

However, the market price for all enhancers at the moment is completely false due to resource starvation. MA are not seeing the benefit (increased turnover) whatsoever as pretty much everyone is running without enhancers.

I'm sure there's a chance MA could read these posts but please, if you haven't already done so...submit a suggestion/ticket to MA. Cause it's getting ridiculous now and they need to hear about it. Whether you think it's a waste of time to write to them or not. If you want any chance of some kind of change, then I urge everyone to write to MA. (I don't want to bring RL politics in this) It's almost as if you don't vote in your countries election but get mad at the results and this includes proprositions (like tax raise on cigs)

Whether my vote was a lost cause or not on determining the winner or loser at least I voted...in this case, submitted a support case

That statement is just false.

I urge you to look at the number of sales for the damage enhancer in auction. That does not support your "high demand". It supports low supply. The demand we have had is because of the events: HM, MM, GR, and CL. Will be interesting to see what happen now when there is no big events running. Gold rush is running but with low prizes I doubt you will see a bunch of player running t10 guns there.

Sure, there is pvp sales as well. But those sales reflect the auction price for most people. For some that know the hoarders the price is perhaps lower. But the point here is to make money so selling cheap might not be an option for those players.

Biggest problem is people hoarding pyrite, this have been the problem for very long.
The enhancer market is dying slowly.

Maybe you should step out of your UBER bubble and start to realize that not everybody is as uber and rich and capable as you are.
MU of the enhancers is just insane and now only available to the uber rich. That's just a plain fact.
Nothing to do with demand but as written before, just a failing supply.

I'm sure there's a chance MA could read these posts but please, if you haven't already done so...submit a suggestion/ticket to MA. Cause it's getting ridiculous now and they need to hear about it. Whether you think it's a waste of time to write to them or not. If you want any chance of some kind of change, then I urge everyone to write to MA. (I don't want to bring RL politics in this) It's almost as if you don't vote in your countries election but get mad at the results and this includes proprositions (like tax raise on cigs)

Whether my vote was a lost cause or not on determining the winner or loser at least I voted...in this case, submitted a support case

I regularly do and I know others are too... But it's the generic "copy+paste" forwarded to the balancing manager response.

I'm certain MA are fully aware of the issue but they don't know how to fix it as fundamentally it means removing item caps (total market crash) or completely changing their looting system...

And on the topic of UL guns, no longer worth unlocking the sockets if there are no enhancers to use or affordable to use..and unlocking the sockets on the gun will not add value to the weapon because others will be in the same boat and will not value and pay for the unlocked sockets.

In addition, the value of the mats required to unlock the sockets will not reach MA.

Not sure what the ultimate solution is but suggestions I have heard:

- Make enhancers last longer ie more uses.
- On crafting success make it possible to get more than 1 enhancer.
- Spawn more resources?
- Make a quota on how many "lines" of auction items of the same type you can buy for X time, ie combating how people buy out pages of certain resources to hold and manipulate the market (Generic Nano, Pyrite, Dantius etc)...sure they will just use alts to do the same thing I guess, but something along these lines.

Not sure what the ultimate solution is but suggestions I have heard:

- Make enhancers last longer ie more uses.
- On crafting success make it possible to get more than 1 enhancer.
- Spawn more resources?
- Make a quota on how many "lines" of auction items of the same type you can buy for X time, ie combating how people buy out pages of certain resources to hold and manipulate the market (Generic Nano, Pyrite, Dantius etc)...sure they will just use alts to do the same thing I guess, but something along these lines.

1. Would potentially work, in the short term, but manipulation is still possible.

2. As above, it just shifts the issue a bit further into the future.

3. Just having more without a change in the way resources are allocated to loot, will just cause those who are hoarding to require a larger pedcard to hoard... but my guess is that they would still do it.

4. Alts, alts everywhere.

1. Would potentially work, in the short term, but manipulation is still possible.

2. As above, it just shifts the issue a bit further into the future.

3. Just having more without a change in the way resources are allocated to loot, will just cause those who are hoarding to require a larger pedcard to hoard... but my guess is that they would still do it.

4. Alts, alts everywhere.

Lets hope for change for the better in near future and some attention to this, to keep us motivated!

just get rid of the ressource caps and stop doing wave shit and instead do a real chance of looting / finding something

just get rid of the ressource caps and stop doing wave shit and instead do a real chance of looting / finding something

Yes, another example of this ..now I already have the Mod 2350 FAP but after 12k points of mercimex I have looted a total of zero shrooms while initially when that was introduced I could loot 5-10 in a long hunting session..Not even sure if its possible to loot 75 shrooms anymore to be completely honest :)

Very low MU on this , extremely high MU on that , alts everywhere , people hold the monopol on some resurses (because they can do it , and they afford it , and I don't see nothing wrong with it) player buys to much , people buys to less , more resurses of something rare -----> MU will crash , resulting tt food . I see only people complaining about this and that , why don't you ask to buy everything from TT ? Anything without value , the game will be just like another stupid game on Xbox.

Expressed my feelings about this issue to support and got a reply that they will "forward to management".
I expect nothing from it..however at this point in time it is not worth tiering my weapon. Another 1100ped cost for an empty socket on the weapon...dont think so.

bump for a system that makes sence for top tier gear/player only! :)

it doesn't make that much sense for anyone really, let people cycle more PEDs and have a legitimate reason to tier their items, who loses?

the clowns hoarding mats? lmao

it doesn't make that much sense for anyone really, let people cycle more PEDs and have a legitimate reason to tier their items, who loses?

the clowns hoarding mats? lmao

You may be right that it doesn't make sense for anyone. There are some arguments however that it would make sense for some "top tier" gear combos... all I know is that for the 2.950 dpp guy (who most of us are) it does not at this time.

Maybe change it so can craft enhancers from nanocubes, we could have enhancer i-IV prints for each type.

Job done :tongue2:

Prices on damage enhancers are to high though imo.

Maybe change it so can craft enhancers from nanocubes, we could have enhancer i-IV prints for each type.

Job done :tongue2:

Prices on damage enhancers are to high though imo.

Nanocubes ie tt mats is not good at all... I am happy to pay markup for them but at a balanced cost vs benefit type of deal.

I have only dabbled in enhancer crafting, so my numbers aren't exact, but if I recall, a big problem with enhancers is that the costs for a click are 2-3 times higher than a success is. So there's a built in 200-300% cost, and that's assuming always getting a success (and we all know that 90% really means 20% success).

I have only dabbled in enhancer crafting, so my numbers aren't exact, but if I recall, a big problem with enhancers is that the costs for a click are 2-3 times higher than a success is. So there's a built in 200-300% cost, and that's assuming always getting a success (and we all know that 90% really means 20% success).

Not exactly precise no..you have to consider markup mats you get back on near success etc also.
In either case I can assure you that at an end cost of 500% or 1000% for dmg vs acc enhancers it does not makes sense at all (for the avg setup that is)

We have this wonderful enhanced weapon compare now so its easy to check:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompareV2.aspx

Back