Info: Arkadia is selling Firebird Limited Edition

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
arkadiadropship.jpg

Planet Arkadia will be auctioning off 20 new high-performance dropships. These dropships are a new addition to interplanetary transportation at the speed of light.

These 2 seater Firebird Limited Edition are equipped with all the tech required to explore every corner of known space. Fitted with an unlimited thruster, getting off any planet will be done with ease and once off, getting to your destination can be done with simplicity with its own attached unlimited warp drive.

With this ship, space travel can now be done in style and when stationed, you will not only draw attention but demand respect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auctions for the Firebird Limited Edition ships will begin 27th January 2017, with opening bids of 50,000 ped (5,000 USD). Bidding competitions are expected to be fierce with only one ship released each week.

To see all info regarding the Firebird Limited Edition and take part in the auctions, login to Entropia Universe using the full 3D PC-client and contact any auctioneer. You can also use the Android app Virtual Tycoon to access the auction.

If you need to create a new or update your existing Entropia Universe account, see https://www.planetarkadia.com

There is already one listed in the Global Auction, start bid of 50.000 PED and no buyout. The stats are exactly the same as the Equus.

More info and pics.

i dont know why someone would buy that for 50k when he can get an equus for 42k...

Because they are different and look good. It will probably loose value, but to others they dont care it more for fun than just value for money.

800 usd is quite much for just a little better looking item in an online game. rather do some nice vacation with that kinda money lol

i dont know why someone would buy that for 50k when he can get an equus for 42k...

People asked the same about statues, why would anyone buy.....

I guess some will sell, but not all

thorned cockroach

800 usd is quite much for just a little better looking item in an online game. rather do some nice vacation with that kinda money lol

Did you mean $5000 USD?

If that's Bandits new vehicle... what will Smokey drive? :silly2:

I could never justify spending 5k usd on a virtual item, but hay we know some spend a lot of money on items that has little use.

There goes the dreams of an interplanetary tp system that used to exist getting reimplemented

I knew someone who spent more on clothes in their first month in game (stuff like leather duster for 5k, ash shades etc). And don't forget the ethereal armor. People do pay for unique look, but it must be really unique. 3-5 firebirds would get sold immediately. 20 though, there might be a problem.

All I can think of is

trans_am_2005_workplace_cropped.jpg

:laugh:

The color is nice but I'm not a fan of the shape.

Equus looks better IMO (except the bright red kind of hurts my eyes).

I could never justify spending 5k usd on a virtual item, but hay we know some spend a lot of money on items that has little use.

Agreed - spend that on one or two real world art pieces a month by some up and coming artists, but certainly not in vr for look appeal alone.

Limited in the name but it's an UL ship?

Limited edition != limited in eu terms

You should know that...

Yes, it's a copy of an equus in all regards (stats, attachments slots) but the look.

So I'm assuming it will have the same limitations (speed loss with weight and warp shutdown weight). Also that the warp drives and thrusters will be transferred to the buyers too.

Also out of interest, what is with just a ship itself on sale in AH at some point? There is a red quad on AH right now, for example. How does a buyer make sure he/she gets the thruster and warp drive for it?

So I'm assuming it will have the same limitations (speed loss with weight and warp shutdown weight). Also that the warp drives and thrusters will be transferred to the buyers too.

Also out of interest, what is with just a ship itself on sale in AH at some point? There is a red quad on AH right now, for example. How does a buyer make sure he/she gets the thruster and warp drive for it?

Ehh guys, just wait for Cyrene's new cool ship, or RT's. Every planet will get one now.

There is a red quad on AH right now, for example. How does a buyer make sure he/she gets the thruster and warp drive for it?

Only way to make sure you get a truly warp capable equus is to meet up with the seller and make sure you get the warp drive, and preferably the thruster aswell, in the same trade window as you get the quad.

(Yesterday someone was shouting in trade chat, "selling full set of angel" (I think it was) ... "in calypso auction". Duh. A set of armor sold in auction isn't a set, it's 7 split pieces and you're not guaranteed to get it all.)

I like the initiative though - now I just need to get a 50k HOF, somehow.

Ehh guys, just wait for Cyrene's new cool ship, or RT's. Every planet will get one now.

Be honest with you i cant see high demand for more of these ships. Most people i believe need wrap to take loot to Caly to sell and if theses ships are cloned then you have weight restriction (i did not this). Now if MA sets price for any new ships at 50k (no idea if they do) as other say it a lot to pay out for it.

Then again i often seen new players buying expensive shit ul old school guns, mother ships etc. Some have more money than sense. Also we have no idea what MA have planned for space and these type ships might have big advantage in future, but probably not going by MA's track record.

Looks really nice, although different stats rather than cut/paste would have at least made it more desirable i think.

Good luck to the Ark team with auctions :).

But that's not a Firebird.

image_1459.jpg

there is a car in this picture too. at least that's what other people tell me

Back