This war is a pretense

Status
dont you have peace terms with NVE who are criminals, even stated by themselves?

I cannot speak for the soc but I shoot all............>>...>>>> whats a capital for a period? ....... :D

NVE have never asked me to make peace with them.

And just so you know the same week Kronan passengers lost several thousand ped Varyag and Varyag crew were also attacked by pirates. So one can assume therefore Varyag has no peace agreement with NVE. Space is pvp it would never occur to Varyag or Varyag crew to whine about being attacked by pirates they are legal it is what they do we know that so we do not complain that would be silly. By the way have met some very nice people in NVE. And while some of you wax on about my friendship with pirates you can keep on pretending you do not buy what they pirates lawfully loot. That is really funny by the way. The same people that want to throw me in fire for acknowledging my friendship with some in pirate community are same people who buy loot from pirates they have gotten doing pvp in space. The hypocrisy makes for great stench.

I will stand up to attempted extortion. That is criminal. I will stand up and say that is wrong. And I will stand up and say I DO NOT MAKE PEACE WITH CRIMINALS.

NVE have never asked me to make peace with them.

And just so you know the same week Kronan passengers lost several thousand ped Varyag and Varyag crew were also attacked by pirates. So one can assume therefore Varyag has no peace agreement with NVE. Space is pvp it would never occur to Varyag or Varyag crew to whine about being attacked by pirates they are legal it is what they do we know that so we do not complain that would be silly. By the way have met some very nice people in NVE. And while some of you wax on about my friendship with pirates you can keep on pretending you do not buy what they pirates lawfully loot. That is really funny by the way. The same people that want to throw me in fire for acknowledging my friendship with some in pirate community are same people who buy loot from pirates they have gotten doing pvp in space. The hypocrisy makes for great stench.

I will stand up to attempted extortion. That is criminal. I will stand up and say that is wrong. And I will stand up and say I DO NOT MAKE PEACE WITH CRIMINALS.

Exactly what i was saying earlier, a transport shipowner working with pirates who does not mind shaping the truth when it suits her will always have the doubt against her that she may not only earn from successfull pirate attacks on other ships but could actually earn from successfull pirate attacks on her own ship...
Noone will ever be able to know otherwise if you keep close ties with pirates - especially those who ran the whole dreadnought operation before and also still have those in their ranks who used to summon players to space to loot them. They may have stopped some of what they got temporary bans and warnings for - but it certainly didnt change their mentality and intention to use all methods they can get away with.

end of the day this is expected with a smallish player base, with 3 big transport networks and not enough customers = attempt to dominate the others until only your network survives and all customers are yours.

lines have been drawn, allies/pirates enlisted, attempts at chat rooms moderated.
i hope MA let this run its course, it could be quite epic to view from inside and out

that is until the winner could claim quad travel isn't allowed and kills any quad in sight

Last edited:
It was not me who started any war. I may make comments tongue in cheek that people take way too serious :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: but any comments I made is after Kronan and Normandie made their economic war on Varyag.

Your either delusional or you believe if you spout this lie often enough then it will stick.

Varyag shot at Normandie = Normandie puts Varyag on Kos. How more simple can I make it!

Varyag was only placed on ToS Normandies KoS list after not only did you allow your ship to be over taken by pirates, but they attacked us whilst using your ship in November 2016, whilst we were minding our own business hunting.

You created all of this. All by your big self.
You caused this war and the drama that surrounds it. Either be proud of that and stop whining about it, or open your mind and see if any of the damage can be repaired.

What I am trying to work out is if it is the pirates who are manipulating you, or the other way around.

john black knight why do you drag the #space_flight channel ...
You complain endlessly about people "slandering and lying" about you, yet this is all you seem to do in your channel. An endless barrage of spurious accusations and utter lies. I've seen more mature behaviour in high school. You think someone has called you a name or told a lie about you? Go ask them, send them a message and ask them why they said it. Making up lies about them in retaliation is infantile.

You worry that your out of game channel was breached by criminals, the very same breach that happened to Kronan just days before.

Here's an idea, why don't you take a closer look at your trust in the pirates who surround you before casting your accusations to others. You yourself openly admitted they have also shot down your ship, why you would think it would be any one bar them is absurd.

Ironically, all of this is precisely what the pirates want. They infiltrate a ship owner who falls for their charms, take over her ship and reek havoc for a few months. Hand it back, claim they are evil pirates and its not their fault. Getting on their merry way.

Left in the ashes is a commander with 2 choices. First the easy one, and the one the pirates hope for, staying friends with the pirates and all out war declared across the universe. A ship with a broken identity. Passengers being fed endless reams of false information till they do not know who to trust and inevitably end up closer to the jaws of pirates than ever before. The lines blurred between the sides and piracy claims declared on everyone, innocent or not. Drama, spam and crying threads all over the forums, perpetuating the issue and fueling the fire. Thankfully I am sure most people see right throw the lies, but its the newer players I worry about.

Or the hard one, rise up from the mess and say " You know what, letting my ship be a pirate ship was a crappy idea. I thought it might spice things up a bit and give me a laugh for some old troubles I have with some folk in the past, but I know see it was a dick move and I am going to make it right". Simplez.

If you have decided which way you want to go, then own your decision. It's your ship, you gave them permission to use it right? They didn't bully you into it? If you don't think turning Varyag pirate was a bad idea then bloody well own it.

Using Post-History as an example. He is owning his decision. Pirates aboard his ship, damn right there is. Just gets bloody on with it though.

My only concern with all of this is whilst we are throwing dummies at each other, there are a group of new players who may inadvertently end up caught up in this all. They read some crap written in the wrong channel as being gospel, get hurt, and lose out. They quit the game or stay planetside.

Where are we then? Surely it is a mutual interest both for pirates and ships that we encourage the growth of space. This shit, does the opposite.

Last edited:
Reactions: San
I think Jetman has it exactly right. People are fighting an economic war. People are fighting a turf war.
People can dress it up all they like and pretend it is all about big bad Varyag.
The community is seeing it for what it is.

It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

Alaina you spend too much time with rowan. your long wordy boring essay does not prove anything other then that you to are now tiresome to read.

Interesting speculation that I am using customers :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You can ask them if the free warps bothers them. :)

Some clarification would be helpful: Do Kronan and Normandie intend to put passengers of MIDNIGHT EXPRESS FREE WARPING on permanent KoS lists? Is it your intention to also extort civilian passengers? I am sure people would like to know if this is intentions of Kronan and Normandie.

As for #space_flight Normandie and Kronan and friends are welcome as are anyone else to express your views. You are welcome to go into #space_flight and warn civilian passengers of your intentions. You criticize me for allegedly not giving adequate warning. As you well know all players have a voice in #space_flight what has stopped you from going in there to warn passengers that you will shoot and loot them as though they are pirates? #space_flight is for all players. Nobody gets muted in #space_flight. So what has stopped you going in there to warn civilian passengers that you will shoot and loot them? Shame on you Kronan and Normandie for not giving adequate warning that it is your intention and your current actions to shoot and loot civilian passengers.

Now on to the topic of alts. Varyag must periodically clear out the numerous Kronan and Normandie alts that clog up the guest list. We have also noted your use of alts for our free warps. Not a problem we will warp your alts but it would be nice if they would stop begging and otherwise harassing Varyag crew.

I never ever hear about the person who board the pirate ship of one’s own free will(in real) so for me a person travelling on board of pirate ship is a pirate. And personally for me - KoS. End of topic:wise:

I never ever hear about the person who board the pirate ship of one’s own free will(in real) so for me a person travelling on board of pirate ship is a pirate. And personally for me - KoS. End of topic:wise:

Agreed, the issue starts when pirates pull the UnitedNations-flag up and offer a service, then claim that everyone else are the pirates - weird times we life in when you can get away with such lies and actually grow a crew who believes that they are on the 'good' ship.

And who gets to define who is a pirate ship?

All major transport providers have had pirates on them including Normandie and Kronan. So is everyone who has ever had pirates currently a pirate ship?

And when the morally corrupt label Varyag a pirate ship of course I must inform passengers that players of no ethics have done this so they can be prepared to take proper security measures.

john black knight how you wish we would all forget the racket you had going with your women when she was openly pirating for you. How many 100 ped warp customers did your pirate wife get for you because she and her pirate friends looted any and all who did not travel with Normandie???

All major transport providers have had pirates on them including Normandie and Kronan. So is everyone who has ever had pirates currently a pirate ship?

And when the morally corrupt label Varyag a pirate ship of course I must inform passengers that players of no ethics have done this so they can be prepared to take proper security measures.

john black knight how you wish we would all forget the racket you had going with your women when she was openly pirating for you. How many 100 ped warp customers did your pirate wife get for you because she and her pirate friends looted any and all who did not travel with Normandie???

id say a pirate ship is considered a pirate ship when its a ship cooperating with pirates. kinda easy, isnt it? and there is one big pirate soc (NVE) and you have cooperated with them and therefore you are a pirate ship. thats quite easy understandable.

You gave your ship openly over to NVE just a few months back. You had the option of deciding that was poor judgment and making amends for it. You chose to stand by your decision to turn pirate, crying now about your decision is poor show.

See this is where you go miles off track. I cant quite work out if you believe this nonsense, or if you just think you say it often enough that it will stick.

As I repeat to bloody often in these threads, anyone can read my history here. "openly pirating for you" is total nonsense and you know it. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...eet-KOS-list&p=3533109&viewfull=1#post3533109

As for warps in 2011 they were 20 ped, god only knows where you get 100 ped from. 20 ped as the warp drive cost more than double than it costs now. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Your lies fail as your timeline doesn't match up. You are talking about a time where there were no warps. Minor detail that proves the point. I am more than happy to go over the history with anyone who cares to know it. ( I have lots of pretty pics too! :D)

Early 2011, back then space was pink, it was a quarter of the size it is now, welding wire was lootable, mobs had no triangles, no warp, no ships were able to be upgraded etc. Beta space. Updated end of 2011.

This is the stuff you rabbit on about day in, day out. Not only does it make you sound like a fool, the constant lies and trash talking are really turning people off space. Nice job...

All that matters here is the choice you have made to stand by your action in 2016 of turning your ship pirate. You could have chose to make things right, no one is saying you never had a choice. But you made your choice, so stick by and and stop all this making shit up that your currently doing.

Last edited:

A pirate who sneaks onboard a ship in disguise is one thing noone can avoid, but deal with once discovered.
A pirate stomping around on his wooden leg, with his hook and eyepatch, shouting 'harhar' getting access to guns and pilot rights, flying to other ships and shooting them down - thats something more easily to spot and definitly easy to avoid by any responsible and sincere shipowner who cares about his reputation (you didnt).

I have nothing to hide yoshii, i even let daisy back onboard as passenger after he had stopped pirating for years and got confirmed by other transport providers to be safe to transport - as i have said in the past even pirates can redeem themselfs if their actions are sincere (its a different story that he decided being an ass afterwards about it instead of happy about the transport und surely wont happen again in his case) - though he still got kicked off right after the transport as we are very carefull with pirates and ex-pirates.
In regards to my wife, i think i know her a great deal better then you and all the stories you make up about her and claim to have happened over 5-6 years ago wont change the fact that its just lies.
You try to insult people by affiliation even though they have a 5-6 year trackrecord to show for fighting against piracy - lets not forget that you happened to be on Normandie as well back in those days as you love to point out but different from most of the crew who decided to oppose piracy and have been fighting against it it is you who chose to embrace it becomming friends with pirates, allowing them onboard, allowing them to use your ship and to brag afterwards about what they did with it.

As for warps in 2011 they were 20 ped, god only knows where you get 100 ped from. 20 ped as the warp drive cost more than double than it costs now. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.
2011/early2012: generic fuses sold at about 130ped each and were so rare that it was near impossible to make a large enough crafting run to aim for average success - at one point i had a 10 attempt crafting run fail completely and had to buy a warp drive from another player for 2.5k ped just so i could keep my schedule running. By the time EFA started up their service and we reduced prices mindark had already adjusted generic fuse droprates after support cases i had written.
Sometimes it can be funny when players try to blame you for something from 5 years ago based on current market prices and dont realize how much of a fool they make of themselfs...

Last edited:
I have thought long and hard about replying to this yet again. Tbh if this thread closes I am sure Yoshii or the pirates will open another just like it, so I am likely wasting my breath and hours of my life reading this crap, and replying. Yet...
sadly I would be a fool if I did not reply, as then people could think it was all true or I would have said otherwise.

Yoshii you were Normandie crew, you used to say you loved it there, you were also Kronan crew until after you owned Varyag, you were even one of my pilots and sales staff. Yet shortly after you owned your ship the changes started, first a few pirates on your crew (repairers and pilots), then the harassment of Kronan based on your mistaken belief that I am fighting an economic war in space. I was not, I am not.

I am however prepared to stand up for my ship , my crew and my reputation, all of which you have repeatedly tried to destroy. When you failed by fair means you resorted to foul. Lies, slander, illegally obtained recordings that are so edited I could probably be saying Santa Claus is the fairy from the top of the Christmas tree. It doesn't mean I said that btw (just in case your 'muddled mind' is thinking to use that against me also)

You invented the 'financial war'
I don't sell the same things in my shops that you do, I only sell my space tools etc on my ship, where you no longer have a presence, so why would I care what you sell or to who ?
I specifically moved my warp services well away from the time zones already used by other providers, I was not therefore in a financial war with anyone. Yet yourself and others seem to have found the need to create competitor services from time to time, to try and drive me out of this zone, despite it not affecting you or them.
You have attacked us during our warps in the past, claiming it is just pvp fun. We shot back, but we did not shoot the bodies or loot, just went on our way protecting and serving our customers
You then accepted the help of NVE to up the severity of the attacks, but while you may have succeeded in blowing us up, the expense was doubtless far greater than the gain (otherwise I am sure NVE would have stayed)

As for shooting and looting you, yes we now treat you the same as the other pirates you have so closely allied yourself with. Why the hell shouldn't we ? You declared war, you were not just joking as you followed it up with warp mining and attacking and sinking Kronan, so stop the lies and as Bonnie said 'own your decisions' or get the hell out of the situation you have created .
You have repeatedly told your crew lies about us, you have milked them for sympathy and financial support. You tell them pretty much every day of the 'war', you warn them of attacks etc, yet they claim they have no idea.
I cannot publish the logs here as would be in break of forum rules, and I am damn sure you would just love me to get a ban for breaching them. I will however give relevant log excerpts to individuals if they care enough to really want them

Take a look in the mirror, I am not the problem, the person staring back at you is.

Oh and btw Bonnie's opinion is her own, I think she and I have spoken only a handful of times over the years, there is no conspiracy, there never was. There is however recently a co-operation developing between Normandie and Kronan based on the need for us both to face the same enemies. You directly caused this to happen by your actions, you have no-one to blame but yourself.

Getting close to page 10 where the real drama begins

:popcorn:

I have no dog in this fight, never been associated with either side.

However, I do know about soc wars. Once you at war you can't avoid targeting everyone on the opposing side. Regretfully, this also includes ppl who never even realized they were helping the crew they were working for.

Back in time as the soc leader I tried to avoid collateral damage, the bystanders caught in the middle of war... and realized pretty soon it's impossible.
Two reasons why: you can never be sure who's who in the opposing camp and even if you are, any attempt to micromanage the KOS list is doomed to fail. MMO world is persistent, it goes on 24/7 and no human being can be online all the time. This means you have to delegate authority to other ppl and they have to make decisions on their own while you're offline. This means the rules have to be really simple and straightforward or they simply don't work.

There was 2 major soc wars in AW (an old EU clone loosely based on RCE logic, now long dead and gone). Both war campaigns ended with a total destruction of the losing side. It's no fun being systematically hunted and killed over and over. As a result some ppl joined other neutral societies, others left the game for good.
Which was the sad part of it. (Althou the paradox is, it was good for the game overall. More about it later.)

In EU Space the same logic applies, can't micromanage even if you try. Also, anyone helping to repair the enemy ship is making it stronger, regardless if they realize this fact themselves or not. Yes, some of those ppl may never be online during the actual battles and might not even have any idea that their ship is in war - but as a commander of the opposing side you can't tell who's who even if you try. That's just game mechanics.

Now, is this mess good for the game or bad? All space drama threads are the most entertaining on the forum, exploding into 10 pages over a day usually. Eventually they run their course and become boring but you can't deny, every game flourishes on drama and action. It was true for the old AfterWorld (which died a year after all major battles had ended), and it's just as much true for EU. It's not for everyone, and doesn't have to be but wars are great engines for the global economy (like everything that generates strong emotions).

Wish the developers would see their golden opportunity here and develop the game mechanics to allow more diverse, more interesting game play. (Maybe even give us tools to determine who's an active member of the opposing side and who's not? Game engine could easily determine if the player never was repairing the ship while being attacked by the enemy ship, etc.)

Last edited:
Its like you saying that the Pk in pvp 4 should shoot only Pk'ers not the miners because they don't have nothing to deal with pvp and they cannot fight against :confused:

Never gave my ship to anyone and that includes NVE.

Another long boring commentary from rowan. Sorry you are too much a bore to read others who can wade through the wordy looooooooooooong post you write can summarize it for me.
Same for you john black knight. your essays getting too long and boooooorrrriiiiiiiing. ditto for your wife.

Criminals trying to define what Varyag is ?
The morally corrupt trying to say what Varyag is ?

Zero proof that Varyag is looting. Zero proof that Varyag works with anyone.

Zero.

Kronan passengers were robbed of several thousands of peds and each paid 10 ped for that each. It is strange indeed for Kronan to try to lay claim to danger for passengers riding Varyag. It only makes sense to say that rowan if you and friends plan on attacking and looting passengers. You and Normandie have made it clear that your intention is to attack passengers using Varyag. So I will continue to advise Varyag passengers that Varyag is subject to frequent attacks and that logging off and using space station teleport is only sure way to keep their loot.

Astnishing rowan that you even show your face after all the losses your passengers suffer. Bold of you charging them 10 ped each to get robbed.

Fifth you have wrote something to give us all much to think on. Going to read again what you wrote.

Last edited:
I haven't red the hole thread...

Mainly because I get so tired...

But what above ...that you shoot down every people from NBK...because of your fight with Kronan

Even that 90% of NBK is not involve in Kronan (and yes I go there from time to time to repair..so it's not about me)

That is a response to OP that people on Varyag..that is not involve in anything..exept go their for repair..is shot down

Wait wait wait...

Did I hear that right? 3 PED warps?

Keep fighting guys this... this ain't too bad.

Never gave my ship to anyone and that includes NVE.

Another long boring commentary from rowan. Sorry you are too much a bore to read others who can wade through the wordy looooooooooooong post you write can summarize it for me.
Same for you john black knight. your essays getting too long and boooooorrrriiiiiiiing. ditto for your wife.

Criminals trying to define what Varyag is ?
The morally corrupt trying to say what Varyag is ?

Zero proof that Varyag is looting. Zero proof that Varyag works with anyone.

Zero.

Kronan passengers were robbed of several thousands of peds and each paid 10 ped for that each. It is strange indeed for Kronan to try to lay claim to danger for passengers riding Varyag. It only makes sense to say that rowan if you and friends plan on attacking and looting passengers. You and Normandie have made it clear that your intention is to attack passengers using Varyag. So I will continue to advise Varyag passengers that Varyag is subject to frequent attacks and that logging off and using space station teleport is only sure way to keep their loot.

Astnishing rowan that you even show your face after all the losses your passengers suffer. Bold of you charging them 10 ped each to get robbed.

Fifth you have wrote something to give us all much to think on. Going to read again what you wrote.

It's really hard to take you seriously when you go off the deep end with this rubbish. It's sort of sad considering that whatever few losses (from my knowledge) were had by your affiliates.

It's pvp. Who gives a shit. Just don't come on here having amnesia of past decisions or claiming the opposite side of doing something you or your groups been actively doing (jbk space channel spam and character assassinations for example. I witnessed the reasons why you were all banned from it, it was called for). This is where the lines blur and where the forum pvp comes from.

Last edited:
omfg arent you all tired of those threads soon.......

If you shoot and loot peoples thats what you actually do, the morals are the same no matter what the underlying reason is.

Nobodys a Saint as long as you do more then just protecting your flights, now get on with it and get stronger and shoot eachother some more and chat some less!
Nailed it...+1 :thumbup:

Do I need anything besides the 300 pvp space kills to enter the Howling Mine instance that dropped the Chronicle harness? I have two keys made and accepted the mission, so I hopefully there isn't anything else needed.

With fear of bad rep i only have one thing to say:
Space fights has NOTHING to do with pking! And any noob with a ship can do it! Dosnt requre skills, gear or hp! But get your pirate butt in pvp4 and lets see who is awesome in pvp zone! You loot ppl, fair enough but atleast have the nuts to do it in a real Pk zone before bragging ;)

With fear of bad rep i only have one thing to say:
Space fights has NOTHING to do with pking! And any noob with a ship can do it! Dosnt requre skills, gear or hp! But get your pirate butt in pvp4 and lets see who is awesome in pvp zone! You loot ppl, fair enough but atleast have the nuts to do it in a real Pk zone before bragging ;)

ive told this to them pirates at least 5 times already. they are deaf on that ear or just too stupid to recognize it...

ive told this to them pirates at least 5 times already. they are deaf on that ear or just too stupid to recognize it...

That's just sad for ppl that claim to be pkers :laugh:

Just page 4! The number of posts per page is a handy setting to change :)

:scratch2: :duh: that's it im off to go :handgun: , will come back in a couple of hours to see if we are close.

Hands off the popcorn while i'm gone!

Status
Back