The Most Expensive Home in the U.S

Cool house :)

thanks for sharing the link

And all I can think of is what I could do instead with 2.5 billion PEDs :D

And all I can think of is what I could do instead with 2.5 billion PEDs :D

Lol imagine you depositing that much money and wanting it to withdraw again within 6 months! I think there will be a problem :D *thinking maybe a new castle*

legopolicestationsm.jpg

:yup:

Nice house, but it needs a little more chrome :laugh:

Just what i always say, its not a house unless it has a helipad. :cool:

Such a great house, thanks for sharing the video.

Sure it's cool but you could buy about 10 of those houses for that price - only thing you have to "give up" is the California location. :rolleyes:

Sure it's cool but you could buy about 10 of those houses for that price - only thing you have to "give up" is the California location. :rolleyes:

Which is extremely easy to do

Cool inside but it's damn ugly from the outside. And for $250mill I'd want the neighbors at least a couple of miles away.

Wonder what that nice HERMES doing there at 5:50?

You get the cars also that old mercedes benz is worth around 10 milion usd around 30 milion all cars

I don't like it. Read about it a few weeks ago. I think it looks a nice enough holiday villa, but for that sort of money I'd be wanting a substantial house, hectares of land, stables, indoor and outdoor arenas, forest, loch, private beach, some holiday cottages for visitors, etc :D

It seems gimmicky, the only reason it's the most expensive is that he filled it full of crap that goes along with the sale. Would be interesting to know its actual value based on the property alone.

It seems gimmicky, the only reason it's the most expensive is that he filled it full of crap that goes along with the sale. Would be interesting to know its actual value based on the property alone.

Might be more to that property than meets the eye.... ;)

Cool inside but it's damn ugly from the outside.
Exactly my thoughts. Exterior has no architectural value whatsoever.

Compare, "Fallingwater" (by Frank Lloyd Wright):

frank-lloyd-wright-fallingwater_dezeen.jpg

and the 250 mil Bel Air mansion:

250-million-house.jpg

There's some fairly OK interior design but nothing special. Interestingly you can't find any real art inside this house either, only a few worthless kitschy photographs and statues. Looks like the only real [design] art in there are the cars.

Not everyone was born with this elusive ability they call good taste. Or maybe the owner spent all his money on the house and had nothing left for art? Most expensive paintings cost more than this whole house...

i dont see why that should be worth 250 M $

is it because its in Los Angeles?

And, like I mentioned, the location. California is where Hollywood is, so a lot of the a-list actors live there, not to mention execs at companies like Google. Pricing for the target market, if you catch my drift. Plus, California is the most populous state in the US. All these factors make housing values there extremely inflated - several times more than they are objectively worth.

wandering around RT these days, this place reminds me a lot of the design of CND, lol.

Back