FYI: Ares Ring Improved

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
Auction used to be awash, now someone is systematically removing them. At least it looks like it telling by market data, that it is not due to MA reducing the drop rate. The price has bottomed out and picks up again, but volume seems to hold up while none are available anymore upon occasional search. It is conceivable that the purpose is more than just speculation for profit.

I just feel it would take a crazy person to try hoarding and manipulate price with this droprate.

More people might just have realised how good Ares rings are and how important they are to use? And price finally hit a treshold where more people felt comfortable in buying?

I just feel it would take a crazy person to try hoarding and manipulate price with this droprate.

More people might just have realised how good Ares rings are and how important they are to use? And price finally hit a treshold where more people felt comfortable in buying?

I wanted to believe that, hence I hesitated pointing it out. But the vanishing happened so suddenly. There might be more than one person doing the hoarding. I am not often putting on the tin foil hat, but there would be motivation for concerted action to keep competitive advantage. Summing up how much money this must take, it isn't at all outrageous. I would prefer to find out otherwise, but at the moment it looks really strange.

Imp Ares is a resellers item. There are some very active resellers working this ring. The orders placed, around 325-350, are from the resellers. They buy all below 350 and remarket them for 400. As the market seems to be comfortable with that price.
So, the sales figures are much higher then actually sold rings, as they are at least traded twice.
I dont think they are hoarded. That would be very risky with items that drop alot and might be subject to an upcoming change (decay for use:

With the droprate of the last half year I am surprised to see that prices arent around + 100 ped. This is for sure some resellers manipulating the market. It will be fun to see what happens when other alternatives will start dropping.

I was chatting about this very thing the other day in game with a friend. Basically i was wondering if the amount of imp Ares that have dropped exceeds the amount of hunters shown in Entropia life that count in the xxx/xxxx hunters stat shown :laugh::laugh:.

My bet is that it isn't so far off... Strongboxes been here 2 years? so 365*2* (3 imp ares average per day?).... and i think the boxes been here longer.

Not accurate stats more off top of my head, but still i can't understand the mark up on them considering how many are out there.

Last edited:
I sometimes see 1-day people at Icarus wearing an imp ares, seems at current markup it made it into the essential shopping list of a depositing noob, like an A101, especially since it speeds up the VSE mk1 too.

I was chatting about this very thing the other day in game with a friend. Basically i was wondering if the amount of imp Ares that have dropped exceeds the amount of hunters shown in Entropia life that count in the xxx/xxxx hunters stat shown :laugh::laugh:.

My bet is that it isn't so far off... Strongboxes been here 2 years? so 365*2* (3 imp ares average per day?).... and i think the boxes been here longer.

Not accurate stats more off top of my head, but still i can't understand the mark up on them considering how many are out there.

Quite easy to check:
The number of rings dropped ingame: 935.
The number of rings dropped on website: unknown, a wild guess could be 20% minimum.
Active hunters: 4100
Around 800 sold through auction.

Conclusions: not worth debating over this tbh :D
Why?

- many that looted one, or more, may still keep them because they don' consider worth selling.
- many healers have at least imp ares
- the community points out more often that the price is very good and such an item is a must for any hunter so everyone is getting their hands on one; BIG LOL @ those who wait for the price to get to 100 ped in order to buy one;
- those who decided to hoard will be disappointed IMHO, too many are entering the system and the demand slowly drops;
- the price is OK. laser amps, x3 rifle, these beginner items are plenty around and still not dead cheap. (have you seen the price of ancient scorpion? :rofl: )

- those who decided to hoard will be disappointed IMHO, too many are entering the system and the demand slowly drops;

I suggested above, consider other motivations than simple price speculation. If that was all there is to it, success would be very questionable, I agree. The vanishing was too abrupt to not raise a question.

Quite easy to check:
The number of rings dropped ingame: 935.
The number of rings dropped on website: unknown, a wild guess could be 20% minimum.
Active hunters: 4100
Around 800 sold through auction.

Why?

- many that looted one, or more, may still keep them because they don' consider worth selling.
- many healers have at least imp ares
- the community points out more often that the price is very good and such an item is a must for any hunter so everyone is getting their hands on one; BIG LOL @ those who wait for the price to get to 100 ped in order to buy one;
- the price is OK. laser amps, x3 rifle, these beginner items are plenty around and still not dead cheap. (have you seen the price of ancient scorpion? :rofl: )

I'm really surprised the number dropped is 935, would have thought more considering some days on easter/xmas box times have been 5-6 in a day.

Consider herd effect before conspiracy.

Those three competing orders have been there for quite some time, just that supply dwindled abruptly as MM ended, along with most 'insert coin to continue'.

Now, for every three seasoned traders out there, there are thirty wannabe traders, and if each of them grabs one, no wonder it's empty. Now, wannabe traders usually lack the nerve, and once ten rings a week drop again (be it due to the next event, random coincidence or balancing manager's fat finger), it will come down in flames.

[...] The vanishing was too abrupt to not raise a question.

I agree with this, I also noticed it happen, in the past months, where one day there were 10 in the auction then none 2 days later. Why and how... hard to guess but also useless :D. It also makes no sense to hoard them. They will be 100 ped by the end of the year I'd say..

http://entropialife.com/ - check someone's profile, look for hunting rank and it should be xx out of 4k something which represents the active hunters for the last month, if I'm not mistaken.

But are ALL hunters on entopialife?
For example, am I on entropialife?

But are ALL hunters on entopialife?
For example, am I on entropialife?

Are you? Use the search bar. I don't know who you are ingame.
That number indicates people that globaled at least once in the past month, on a planet that tracker picked up their global.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Are you? Use the search bar. I don't know who you are ingame.
That number indicates people that globaled at least once in the past month, on a planet that tracker picked up their global.

I dont think I have an account.
But does it also registre users without an account?

Just curious about that given number of 4100 active hunters.
It sounds really low :scratch2:

It parses public global data, so you don't have to be aware of the entropialife to be known by it.

afaik there should be every user which has once globalled in eu within entropialife , because the ppl running the tracker software records all globs in chat..regardless if the user runs the software or not..

Eddie

Needs qualifications "solo" and "not shared loot".

I hunt 90+% in a team, so it only picks up mobs I kill while mining. :)

Price will go down and the wanabee resellers will be screwed hording imp Ares.
At an average droprate of 3 a day they will reach the saturation level soon.
Best thing to do is sell your spare rings at the still high auction orders. Once spring/summer comes around the will crash down fast.

Why do those resellers try to manipulate the market for an item that drops this much?
I believe MA wants everyone to where rings. It's just something new to the game that ties up ped and makes the economy going like an 8th and 9th piece of armor.

MA mentioned a ring conversion type of upgrade a couple years back. Perhaps the idea is moving forward now and it spilled over a cup of coffee.

To be honest, im using an aeries ring imp, and I have not noticed any real difference. Yes economy is a tiny bit better, but the reload and the crit...well crit is constant at 3%, with evades at 10% and reload is only noticeable on fast firing guns.

Not sure it is worth the 500 ped I paid...but don't want to remove it 'just in case'.

Back