Battle Simulator

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

[h=3]Battle Simulator[/h][h=4]#2 Where All Avatars are Equal![/h]Activities in Entropia Universe usually require a certain amount of planning and preparation. This takes time. Furthermore, it can be difficult for new players to compete with veterans who have accumulated high skill levels and equipment.

The Battle Simulator is for everyone and will be instantly accessible via the Entropia Universe user interface (UI). Avatars will compete under identical conditions: standard ‘simulator’ skill levels and weapons/ammo are applied upon entering the simulator. It’s stripped-down, old-fashioned arcade action where finishing and getting the fastest time is all that counts. Only your reflexes and strategies will determine your place on the leaderboard and the prizes you win.

The Battle Simulator will go platform-wide on the planned version update (VU) on February 28, 2017.

More information will be sent out soon, so watch this space!

Originally Posted Here

So it's just a mini game and pretty much nothing to do with Entropia. I'm guessing it'll be of no interest to me but I'll wait and see when it's launched.

A ripoff of cyrene hub it sounds like

Since EU is an RCE, and this simulator (however EU like or not) will also presumably have a fee to enter, then presumably it is for over 18's only.
Can someone at MA please explain how they see these kids games (Battle Sim and Pet Arenas) fit in with the generally older age profile of EU.
Further why is this being launched before the pets thingy is even fully launched, or could it be you already have the investor (pet deed) peds ?

and yeh I am being an old grouch, am entitled to be (clue is in the name), so save yer bitchin'

Seriously though what about some repairs to the main game, shops that don't constantly re-draw and hit boxes that fir the mobs for instance, to allow your main player base an improved experience.
Hey if you get it right we may even be tempted to give you more of our hard earned dollars/pounds/euros/yen/baht/whatever

Since EU is an RCE, and this simulator (however EU like or not) will also presumably have a fee to enter, then presumably it is for over 18's only.
Can someone at MA please explain how they see these kids games (Battle Sim and Pet Arenas) fit in with the generally older age profile of EU.
Further why is this being launched before the pets thingy is even fully launched, or could it be you already have the investor (pet deed) peds ?

and yeh I am being an old grouch, am entitled to be (clue is in the name), so save yer bitchin'

Seriously though what about some repairs to the main game, shops that don't constantly re-draw and hit boxes that fir the mobs for instance, to allow your main player base an improved experience.
Hey if you get it right we may even be tempted to give you more of our hard earned dollars/pounds/euros/yen/baht/whatever

Many of the bugs are on the planet partner, not mindark who handles platform. I assume this is a platform change.

A competition where avatar skills and gear don't matter at all? That's a first!

Sounds like a fun little idea that may help with new/mid level player retention.

I'm also just relieved that it's not ComPets related :wtg:

I'm excited about this, looks like fun and cheap (for once).

Bring it on :girl:

guess not enough folks played in the fort battles?

PVP where what matters is real life skills and not the size of your wallet. Sounds like fun

I like the idea of prizes.

But... How does this idea advance the RCE?

PVP where what matters is real life skills and not the size of your wallet. Sounds like fun

Never seen under 100 hp noobs run around lootable day in and day out with just "real life skills" and nooby lr32 cleaning up fat wallet skilled ava ass in lootable and rig ? Noob pvp outfit Rockstars soc busted that "noobs cant" myth in planetside lootable years ago. :yup:

Still, this should be a bit of cheap fun. No lootable but you can pay with you ego ;)

I like the idea of prizes.

But... How does this idea advance the RCE?

Maybe we can "sponsor" our favorite avatars (Not betting, betting is gambling and that is wrong, wrong, wrong ;)), Sponsor an avatar or a team and if they succeed you earn a bit. The house of course will always take its rake..erm I mean Mindark will charge fees, yeah fees, we are not gambling here :silly2:

My money is on Star Mercury, IIRC he was a pro FPS gamer before playing Entropia

Maybe we can "sponsor" our favorite avatars (Not betting, betting is gambling and that is wrong, wrong, wrong ;)), Sponsor an avatar or a team and if they succeed you earn a bit. The house of course will always take its rake..erm I mean Mindark will charge fees, yeah fees, we are not gambling here :silly2:

My money is on Star Mercury, IIRC he was a pro FPS gamer before playing Entropia

haha why would star waste his time on this

haha why would star waste his time on this

Maybe the prizes are good? Or maybe it's going to be really fun :yay: who knows. If the simulator includes capture the flag or king of the hill kind of games It could be awesome

Maybe the prizes are good? Or maybe it's going to be really fun :yay: who knows. If the simulator includes capture the flag or king of the hill kind of games It could be awesome

If all avatars are in same conditions, the cost will be at the level of the lowest, and so are the rewards. Most likely it will be either daily or similar tokens. The apparent target audience is the guys who are tired to sweat for a day to afford a 10 min hunt. At that simulator they perhaps will be able to play for a whole hour :). Should be good for the new players' retention. Something to do for broke older players too besides logging off.

Sounds like the Conquest from Rift game. Oathsworn time again. :)

Read carefully, it doesn't actually say it's direct pvp.

This is a very interesting and exciting idea though a few questions come to mind...

For one, will this equal level of skills also include the same HP level for all avatars? I mean will it truly be 100% equal with zero advantages of any gear or skills?

And another questions is how much personal skill (reflexes and strategies) will come into play. No offense to entropia but the gameplay and FPS element is not exactly as responsive or skill based as other FPS's. I mean, the game wasn't designed with the same FPS controls and tact as a game like Overwatch for example.

For starters you're dealing with random damage ranges as opposed to a set damage guaranteed with each shot dependent primarily where the hit lands. In EU your damage might be 20 - 40 randomly regardless where you hit the person with additional "misses/evades" calculated and output by the system even when you've shot directly at (and "hit") something... In most every other FPS the damage done is the same for each shot weighed by where the person is hit IE more damage when hitting the head VS the foot. And when a hit connects it CONNECTS, the only way to miss or had the shot evaded is if you don't actually shoot the person or they move out of the way. It doesn't come up and say... yeah well you did technically hit this thing buuuuuut we're gonna just say you missed or it evaded cause ya know, EU is dynamic. Completely ruins the elements of a persons "reflexes and skills" when the system throws in random misses when your shot actually connected.

Hit boxes are another question mark. As of now the hit boxes in EU are kinda messed up. Some things have boxes that are too big and some that are too small. And there's very few cases in the game where a persons reflexes in jumping out of the way of some type of shot or fireball even come into play even then that mechanic is hardly polished to the level of other FPS games.

You've also got things like select next target, auto aiming and auto use that come into play as well which need to be considered. Still not sure if this is going to be something more PVP focused or like some sort of competitive time trial based instances.

But either way, it begs the question as to with us all using the same gear and skills will it only ever boil down to 98% of the result simply being the luck of getting high rolls on your damage and/or crits to kill things faster? With the remaining 2% being your personal skill and reflexes to maybe shave 1/2 a second off rounding a corner a little tighter or finding a way to glitch through a wall to save some time getting from A to B or trying to line up all mobs into a chain for back to back killing with little time in between going from one mob to the next?

What comes to mind are the game speedrunners surfacing that use any possible exploit/glitch to shave even 1 or 2 frames of an animation to save a second off of a run. lol

In any case, it's a very interesting idea that I HOPE is executed properly. And I hope that this is a baby step towards solving a lot of the issues in EU and making it more sustainable game.

Cause you know, new stuff is great but don't forget to finish all the other "little" side projects you started many years ago:
  • Taming / Pets (the buff system is severely under developed)
  • Stables
  • Space (additional vehicles, mining, trade routes, mobs, missions...etc)
  • Improved item information (show actual decay...etc)
  • Paypal withdrawals
  • Countless incomplete mission chains
  • Gardening
  • Land plots / buildings
  • Voting/political system
  • Hangers
  • Marketing (time to get some real marketing in place rather than crappy "mature MMO" banner ads via retargeting.)
  • Affiliate program (if you're not going to market the game at least reward the community for doing the job for you)
  • Improved support staff (I've still got a support ticket going on a month with no response even with weekly requests for a followup)
  • Creature control system (yet another thing that's seriously under developed)
  • Harvesting profession (and another massively under developed idea)
  • The bazillions of reports bugs, issues and improvements put forth by the community

I love Entropia as many others and we need to see some REAL prioritization and movement on the countless things that have been promised and barely started.

Loves and kisses XOXOX
- Entropia player for over 10 years.

sound like kwari version :)

Read carefully, it doesn't actually say it's direct pvp.

Correct. It's a battle sim, not a PvP sim.

You won't be fighting other players.

old-fashioned arcade action where finishing and getting the fastest time is all that counts.

Interesting, but I doubt this will resolve the geography/ping/performance pvp problems.

It’s stripped-down, old-fashioned arcade action where finishing and getting the fastest time is all that counts. Only your reflexes and strategies will determine your place on the leaderboard and the prizes you win.
sounds like it's describing the M.A.R.I.O. on Cyrene, not the hub. I'm not getting the feeling from this that there is any pvp or mob content.
I shouldn't have got my hopes up that this was going to be anything deep! Dang ...

Maybe fix bugs rather than make stuff we dont need.

What bugs? People always complain about bugs but none affect my game play ever.

Either way, I see nothing wrong with a balance of bug fixing and fresh new content.

God knows Entropia could use some more interesting things for people to stream on twitch.

Back