Battle Simulator

Another attempt ... another failure ... another beta system ... ridiculous.

What bugs? People always complain about bugs but none affect my game play ever.

Can just agree here, some very nice bug fixes and recent updates.
Only thing I see effecting my game play now is the extreme darkness when it becomes night.

I think its great that they introduce more potential fun game play because..lets be honest, the interesting game play is not why we stick around and keep playing-

Can just agree here, some very nice bug fixes and recent updates.
Only thing I see effecting my game play now is the extreme darkness when it becomes night.

I think its great that they introduce more potential fun game play because..lets be honest, the interesting game play is not why we stick around and keep playing-

Agreed, the night cycle is still too dark and yet another wasted opportunity:

• Why not introduce some new equipable items that provide light at night time? Something that you can wear while you hunt.
  • Why not introduce a mechanic where night time spawns some bigger/harder mobs in an area?
  • Why not add some missions that take into account darkness? Like locating something only visible by the light of the moon?

sounds like it's describing the M.A.R.I.O. on Cyrene, not the hub. I'm not getting the feeling from this that there is any pvp or mob content.
I shouldn't have got my hopes up that this was going to be anything deep! Dang ...

"standard ‘simulator’ skill levels and weapons/ammo are applied upon entering the simulator."

Duh! Not much interest in this thread compared to the last one where we could at least dream! ;)
Anyway, I made a mistake so I may as well call myself out on it.
If there is a combination of timing but also shooting, then at the very least we may have to knock out laser beams or so, like in some of the low level robot instances.

I am now wondering what getting a super-fast time will depend on. Thinking about running back to the exit on the return timer in the jennifer island instance, I could probably run back making all the right turns even now after several years of not having done it. I can also do the maze run on Cyrene in my sleep.

Maybe a new route will be activated by MA for each competition round so we don't get completely bored???

I feel like a 3-yr-old where my building blocks have been knocked over and I'm trying to rebuild my hopes :laugh:

Ok, waiting for #3 of the teaser.....

Who knows, this might actually be fun, it's something new! :beerchug:

I have no idea what this is. I thought it was going to be pet beat up like in the photos from the other thread. I dont know what the hub is or this mario thing people say on Cyrene, i really should pay visit one day. I Know ND introduced some mystery boxes to mobs on SI for champions League. Not sure what they was like could only find one vid by joda. I did hear one of the boxes was like temple run.

Maybe the prizes are good? Or maybe it's going to be really fun :yay: who knows. If the simulator includes capture the flag or king of the hill kind of games It could be awesome

I don't know what Mind Ark is doing but they seem to be moving away from RCE as their main focus.
I guess they want to attract a bigger gamer audience.

CRITICISM:

So it's a clone of this Cyrene's PvP-house where you can do mini-missions. What a waste... Only difference is, this one is accessible from anywhere. And this difference, they think, will ensure it wont be a complete failure like the one on Cyrene? How stupid is that?

Yes, I get the logic. MA is looking at the playerbase of all the other games out there and then some "smart guy" steps up says: "Our game sucks! Lets trash it and make a new game like those other games!"
And then the boss says: "Good boy, this is a brilliant idea, lets give it a try... and all our development funds!"

This was the idea behind ComPets, and we will see this same old song repeated over and over and MA will never learn, never realize what went wrong...

The answer is not to blindly imitate every other game out there, the answer is to be creative within the general logic of your own game. Until it becomes fashionable again to believe in their own game the MA office will keep repeating those old mistakes and waste money for nothing. :yup:

POSITIVE PROGRAM:

Yes, it is perfectly possible to create fun multiplayer content within EU framework, while keeping all the basic principles of the game.
It's not only possible, it is the magic key to success and bright future for the whole game.

Take the skillsystem for example. It seems like obstacle, it creates player groups that are so different that they can't compete with each other, only inside each group.
So?
If you manage to overcame this ostensible obstacle thou, and create interesting new content it will work like an engine. Beginners competing in the lowest class will see how much fun and fame it is to be able to compete on the top level - and the whole game will get a boost, motivated people will make miracles trying to skill up, to be able to join the competition on the next level...

I have seen such competitive environment in RCE-like games before. It's real, it works, it is all possible. I can refer to my own vision for EU (based on that experience) here, but this is just a beginning. The possibilities are endless!

Nothing will kill EU better than stupidity, loss of confidence in your own game and lack of creativity... The guy who came up with this battle-simulator-clone-idea should be fired not granted development funds to develop yet another stillborn project that will go nowhere...

The guy who came up with this battle-simulator-clone-idea ... should be ...

To be fair, we haven't seen it yet. However, I strongly suspect we will be able to suggest real improvements after minimal time after release, as we regularly manage to do.
For those of you who already know that our clothes are ripped off every time we visit the hub, here is a small OMG alert for MA possibly not even fixing that in this 'new' idea ;)

I have no idea what this is. I thought it was going to be pet beat up like in the photos from the other thread. I dont know what the hub is or this mario thing people say on Cyrene, i really should pay visit one day. I Know ND introduced some mystery boxes to mobs on SI for champions League. Not sure what they was like could only find one vid by joda. I did hear one of the boxes was like temple run.
there's a door to the instance on Champion Mt. way up high by the dragons on the mountain - kind of a pain to fly a vehicle up there since you keep bumping in to the cloud planes...

As for the simulator, wonder who'll be the first to figure out some glitch that lets it become an interplanetary tp where you log in to the sim on calypso and walk off on another planet.

Last edited:
I tend to think this might be more of a have all weapons/gear at your disposal kind of thing to play at the level of say Star, without the massive investment.

Pick gear, pick weapon, pick mob.

Simulate.

Get a token or something.

Repeat.

In many ways I hope I am wrong. :)

The Battle Simulator will go platform-wide on the planned version update (VU) on February 28, 2017.

More information will be sent out soon, so watch this space!

As long as I get to play Guile. :)

24 days to wait - hope its good!

I tend to think this might be more of a have all weapons/gear at your disposal kind of thing to play at the level of say Star, without the massive investment.

Pick gear, pick weapon, pick mob.

Simulate.

Get a token or something.

Repeat.

In many ways I hope I am wrong. :)

You are.

(too short)

I am just disappointedg there were no Battle Simulator deeds :mad:

Maybe the deed system hadn't been implemented at the time MA started work on this project...

:)ahh:)

So if I'm on another planet and I start the simulator, does the PP earn anything from this?

The cynic in me is saying this is a way to finally kill off the PP's by stealing all their players without having them leave the planet but we need to know how it will work before calling them out on that.

Furthermore, it can be difficult for new players to compete with veterans who have accumulated high skill levels and equipment.

and whose fault is that?

However, isn't this what people were asking for in MM, a system that allows players to compete on an equal footing no matter when they joined. If it doesn't involve a ped transaction (yeah right this MA) then it could be run using local resources only i.e. no server interaction so a timed instance would be possible i.e. infinite ammo, limited hp kill as many mobs as possible in 1 hour with no health regen point scoring style events would be possible.

The biggest problem is the EU is so piss poor at combat. UT still steps on it and grinds it into the dust.

Last edited:
The cynic in me is saying this is a way to finally kill off the PP's by stealing all their players without having them leave the planet but we need to know how it will work before calling them out on that.

Who'd have guessed I have a cynic in me too? ;)
I thought about it and reckoned it might go either way. There are planets out there that where I would like some getting away without actually leaving, so if this is a platform revenue area it might actually keep me with a different PP (not Caly) longer...

The cynic in me is saying this is a way to finally kill off the PP's by stealing all their players ...
Sounds like fun conspiracy theory! :)

I'm afraid the reality isn't quite that interesting thou. It's in MA's best interest to keep PP's alive not kill them off. It's not that hard to see why.

So if I'm on another planet and I start the simulator, does the PP earn anything from this?

and whose fault is that?

However, isn't this what people were asking for in MM, a system that allows players to compete on an equal footing no matter when they joined. If it doesn't involve a ped transaction (yeah right this MA) then it could be run using local resources only i.e. no server interaction so a timed instance would be possible i.e. infinite ammo, limited hp kill as many mobs as possible in 1 hour with no health regen point scoring style events would be possible.

The biggest problem is the EU is so piss poor at combat. UT still steps on it and grinds it into the dust.

To have such intense gameplay and shooting would require strong servers for a game like EU. Every shot, every action is decay, tracked and controlled. I don't think Mind Ark has enough budget to do it to such extend unless they sell off their game to a bigger company.

To have such intense gameplay and shooting would require strong servers for a game like EU. Every shot, every action is decay, tracked and controlled. I don't think Mind Ark has enough budget to do it to such extend unless they sell off their game to a bigger company.

Wouldn't have to worry about that tracking and control in the simulator though.

Wouldn't have to worry about that tracking and control in the simulator though.

And if it is local only and running in a sandbox on our PC's with no server interaction, then it's possible. But it does beg the question why develop it other than to use it in single player events :scratch2:

might be fun. I'd prefer racing though. shouldn't be that hard to modify the already existing assets for arcade style racing, be it multiplayer or not. or even only something like the swoop racing in the knights of the old republic games (on a bounded straight track). give every planet a unique track or two. I bet people would love that (i.e. pay entry fees). entropia should have more such competitive minigames to broaden the gameplay and make it more like a real world

I like the idea of prizes.

But... How does this idea advance the RCE?

this thing just exists because star citizen has a battle simulator. just because of that :wise:

This is a very interesting and exciting idea though a few questions come to mind...

For one, will this equal level of skills also include the same HP level for all avatars? I mean will it truly be 100% equal with zero advantages of any gear or skills?

And another questions is how much personal skill (reflexes and strategies) will come into play. No offense to entropia but the gameplay and FPS element is not exactly as responsive or skill based as other FPS's. I mean, the game wasn't designed with the same FPS controls and tact as a game like Overwatch for example.

For starters you're dealing with random damage ranges as opposed to a set damage guaranteed with each shot dependent primarily where the hit lands. In EU your damage might be 20 - 40 randomly regardless where you hit the person with additional "misses/evades" calculated and output by the system even when you've shot directly at (and "hit") something... In most every other FPS the damage done is the same for each shot weighed by where the person is hit IE more damage when hitting the head VS the foot. And when a hit connects it CONNECTS, the only way to miss or had the shot evaded is if you don't actually shoot the person or they move out of the way. It doesn't come up and say... yeah well you did technically hit this thing buuuuuut we're gonna just say you missed or it evaded cause ya know, EU is dynamic. Completely ruins the elements of a persons "reflexes and skills" when the system throws in random misses when your shot actually connected.

Hit boxes are another question mark. As of now the hit boxes in EU are kinda messed up. Some things have boxes that are too big and some that are too small. And there's very few cases in the game where a persons reflexes in jumping out of the way of some type of shot or fireball even come into play even then that mechanic is hardly polished to the level of other FPS games.

You've also got things like select next target, auto aiming and auto use that come into play as well which need to be considered. Still not sure if this is going to be something more PVP focused or like some sort of competitive time trial based instances.

But either way, it begs the question as to with us all using the same gear and skills will it only ever boil down to 98% of the result simply being the luck of getting high rolls on your damage and/or crits to kill things faster? With the remaining 2% being your personal skill and reflexes to maybe shave 1/2 a second off rounding a corner a little tighter or finding a way to glitch through a wall to save some time getting from A to B or trying to line up all mobs into a chain for back to back killing with little time in between going from one mob to the next?

What comes to mind are the game speedrunners surfacing that use any possible exploit/glitch to shave even 1 or 2 frames of an animation to save a second off of a run. lol

In any case, it's a very interesting idea that I HOPE is executed properly. And I hope that this is a baby step towards solving a lot of the issues in EU and making it more sustainable game.

Cause you know, new stuff is great but don't forget to finish all the other "little" side projects you started many years ago:
  • Taming / Pets (the buff system is severely under developed)
  • Stables
  • Space (additional vehicles, mining, trade routes, mobs, missions...etc)
  • Improved item information (show actual decay...etc)
  • Paypal withdrawals
  • Countless incomplete mission chains
  • Gardening
  • Land plots / buildings
  • Voting/political system
  • Hangers
  • Marketing (time to get some real marketing in place rather than crappy "mature MMO" banner ads via retargeting.)
  • Affiliate program (if you're not going to market the game at least reward the community for doing the job for you)
  • Improved support staff (I've still got a support ticket going on a month with no response even with weekly requests for a followup)
  • Creature control system (yet another thing that's seriously under developed)
  • Harvesting profession (and another massively under developed idea)
  • The bazillions of reports bugs, issues and improvements put forth by the community

I love Entropia as many others and we need to see some REAL prioritization and movement on the countless things that have been promised and barely started.

Loves and kisses XOXOX
- Entropia player for over 10 years.

this is where the patch deeds (TM) I've long been foretelling will come in ;)

I'd buy some btw

Back