Investing in Mindark

Count Joe

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Count Joe
Just of our curiosity

Im sure there are several out there that trades in the stock market.

My question is, would you buy stocks in Mindark if it was possible?

There are several parameters that we cant include as they arent in the stockmarket but from what we have is following:

• Mindark has several of year a negative profit
  • The stocks are valued 0.35 SEK ~ 0,04 USD
  • Lots of promessis/collaborations that never seems to go anywhere
  • In october 2016 they had a negative result of 4 000 000 SEK

Would you invest in this Company if you look at it objectively?

Would you invest in this Company if you look at it objectively?

Well, why not, if not for profit so for fun. At least a few hundred Swedish Crowns.

CLD was a fun thing, but it nowdays it seems it's something that resellers pass between eachother.

If the share price would go up because of resellers starting to hoard them, then it's a positive thing for the Company as it makes it possible to get more Money into the Company by issue new shares; but as CLDs are limited and there will never be a second batch sold, higher CLD price wont' do any good for MA. It will just be more expensive for normal players to get a land lot.

at a stock price of $0.04 I would.... why not? Maybe a little influx of money might do the company some good.

Though I would see it as more of a gamble than a sound investment.

I only invest if 1. a business generate money and is fair priced 2.or when it is a undervalued turnaround candidate

I cant see its one of theese so atm I wouldnt invest

at a stock price of $0.04 I would.... why not? Maybe a little influx of money might do the company some good.

When you buy stocks, you buy them from other people, not the company itself as the stocks currently available have been sold from the company to investors in the past. Unless they should decide to issue new shares which ofcourse would devaluate the current stocks and will make sure if there will ever be profit in the future that this profit will be divided over more shares. Hence why there is a reason that the current stocks are only listed at 0.04 usd.

I would buy a couple k shares for fun.

I should have made a poll.

I be frank - I think most of us would say No or as u all said, maybe a few hundred SEK for fun.

Isnt that odd? as many players have no problem "investing" 20k and more in to the game.

I fear there is a deep sence of false security in to the game that many dont understand. Its good that ppl deposit as it makes the game still going but I think its very important for players to know that if Mindark go bust, you will stand with nothing.

It's pretty clear you pitched your OP question, aiming for a "no" answer.

Many companies aim to run with a balance sheet that minimises profit. It's not necessarily indicative of a problem.

In any case, my experience is that publicly listed companies are run quite differently to those that are privately owned. If MA were to go for IPO I think we would be seeing some changes in the lead up and afterwards.

Having said that I am not sure I would be in a hurry to buy stock. I would need to see a good risk\return ratio and that seems unlikely.

Does that make me concerned for my money in the game? Not really? I get consistent returns from playing. MA doesn't appear to be in immanent danger of going into receivership or shutting down their servers.

If it would be available at the stock market, I surely would buy a lot MA shares for only 0.04$ each.

Its dirt cheap, although high risk investment, this could pay very well.

They ought to overcome the 'real world bank' issues with the Mind Bank idea before going public if they ever plan to do that, which I suspect is part of the reason they've never done that yet...

It's pretty clear you pitched your OP question, aiming for a "no" answer.

Im not pitching anything. I just giving facts.. what more facts could we use? and plz dont start talking about loot, cld etc... Look at it as u never played the game.

Stock holders usually have a say in future plans. We should buy them all...

Like in Forex, i dont drink the main pairs coolaid - i trade currency to commodity micro economic correlations instead. Point is - there is a saying " Invest in what you like" and you should be ok because chances are others like it too. Does not work in Forex but what they neglect to say is just make sure what you like is not a niche. Mindark is in a niche, so you need a whole different kind of analyses.

If you can afford to risk it then sure take a punt or as Spawn says "take the wheel"

Last edited:
I would honestly probably not just on the basis of their sporadic history of decision making, and limited communication.

There is no real concrete vision or genre really for the game anymore, its just a hodgepodge of oddball ideas that jump from one idea to another idea to another idea and never looking back at any of the previous ideas for improvements or fixes.

IF they had a more defined game plan/vision and much more importantly had much more robust communication....perhaps, but MA does not have a team I could really throw my money at in trust as an investment.

Entertainment sure, they provide that, but it isn't exactly breaking records...in anything apart from "the most spent on stuff that doesn't exist" category. :)

Last edited:
Stock holders usually have a say in future plans. We should buy them all...

Probably the only actual chance of keeping this game going. Horsepile Takeover! Away!

Show me candlestick chart of price of MA Shares and I will gladly tell you from technical ananlysis perspective ( Price Action precisely ) :)

That ponzi scheme business (Bridge Network) were in charge of selling shares in MA 2007-2008.

I met one of these "sellers" but I can recall the price or what the actual "investment" meant.

those planets which got their own buildings on caly already? :scratch2:

edit: like planet employment or something ... was it neverdie's idea? :D

That ponzi scheme business (Bridge Network) were in charge of selling shares in MA 2007-2008.

I met one of these "sellers" but I can recall the price or what the actual "investment" meant.
Maybe nd would be willing to sell his golden shower pictures -or whatever that was called_ (ok it was golden shadow pictures) shares if he still has em

http://www.mindark.com/press/press-releases/documents/mindark_prospekt_en.pdf - see page 17

also...
Translated in google (as previously noted in early posting on this blog)

Mindarks all shareholders
Mindarks register
On December 29, 2006
Holdings shareholders with at least 500 shares, percentages

Akteiinvest FK AB 0.01
Bankaktiebolaget Avanza 0.02
Marco Behrmann, Landvetter 0.36
Bergman, Kalmar 0.01
Urban Bothén, Vastra Frolunda 1.70
Patrick Broddesson, Australia 0.27
Carnegie Investment Bank AB 27.04
Daniel Sevo, Gothenburg 0.17
E Trade Sweden AB 0.18
Tom Edlund, Gothenburg 0.17
Lena Edman, Gothenburg 0.00
Bridget Ekasala, USA 0.01
Annika Eriksson, Gothenburg 0.23
Expression AB 0.57
Lars Falk, Gothenburg 0.17
Fischer Partners Fondkommission 0.42
Hanna Friberg, Gothenburg 0.21
Andreas Funksjö, Gothenburg 0.86
Rolf Funksjö, Gothenburg 0.44
Golden Shadow Pictures, USA 0.36

Martin Gunnarsson, Sätila 0.01
Anders Gute Brant, Stockholm 0.87
Lars Hammarström, Gothenburg 1.74
Eva-Liz Harju, Stockholm 0.01
Christian Holmqvist, Lindome 0.17
Anders Johansson, Gothenburg 0.00
David Johansson, Bromma 0.17
Jimmy Johansson, Vastra Frolunda 0.31
Kaupthing Bank Sweden AB 0.01
Crown Paper AB 1.94
Rick Lagerback, Mölndal 0.17
Anders Larsson, Skövde 0.00
Jonny Lindh, Torslanda 0.00
Charlie Lindholm 0.01
Magnus Martinsson, Göteborg 0.17
Daniel Molin, Gothenburg 0.09
Nordea Bank AB 4.42
Nordnet Bank AB 0.04
Kristina Olsson, Göteborg 0.08
Peter Olsson, Västra Frölunda 0.02
Stefan Olsson, Mollösund 0.01
SEB Securities Services Corporate Actions 12.32
Stefan Serrander, Stockholm 0.03
Niklas Severinsson, Gothenburg 0.09
Skandia Banken AB 3.73
Patric Sundstrom Nordmann, Töllsjö 0.24
Swedish Handelsbanken AB 0.63
Svensson, Gothenburg 0.18
Carl-Reinhold Uggla, Gothenburg 0.01
Jan Welter Timkrans, Gothenburg 39.04
Adrian Welter, Mölnlycke 0.01
Kim Welter, Västra Frölunda 0.01
Anthony Wong, Vallda 0.01
Bernt Wåhlin, Gothenburg 0.26
And: “Not public ownership 6″ 0.02

Last edited:
"Efter Realtid.se:s artiklar om de interna stridigheterna i aktieklubben Bridge Group, efter Mindarks nyemission där Bridge och medlemmar drog in sammanlagt 24,5 miljoner kronor till Mindark, där Bridge sparkade ut Tamm & Partners och Bridges advokat gick i konkurs, svarar han lugnt.

– Nej, vi har inget med Bridge att göra. Det är inget som angår oss.

De drygt 850 ”Nya ägare via Bridge Investment Network”, som det står i Mindarks årsredovisning, erhöll genom emissionen 12,8 procent av aktiekapitalet.

Det gav en värdering av Mindark på drygt 200 miljoner kronor." - Realtid.se 2007-03-01

This basically translates into:

In response to Realtid.se:s articles about the internal disputes of the Bridge Group shares club, after Mindarks new issue when the members jointly cashed in 24.5 million SEK to Mindark, where Bridge fired Tamm & Partners and Bridges lawyer went bankrupt, he calmly responds.

- No, we have no affiliation with Bridge. This is none of our business.
The in surplus of 850 "New owners through Brige Investment Network", as described in Mindarks financial reports, obtained 12.8 of the share capital.

This resulted in a valuation of 200 million SEK for Mindark.

I would buy shares as well so I can attend shareholder meetings etc :).

I think together we would run MA and EU very well :yay:

i would buy shares just to keep game alive :/
i dont really know how it works but if ma is valuated 200mill sek and lets say they do ipo for 240mill sek does this valuation include the tt value already owned by players ingame?
because if not i would also force buyer to cover that part too, like shares are at 0.04 but u have to pay 0,04+X where X is the game ped coverage just like when banks was forced to have enought gold to cover peoples money.

it is actually possible to check the total amounth of tt value ingame??

Last edited:
Deleted...….

Last edited:
A company can be in a good healthy state, with a good cash flow, even if published R & A show losses.

A set of profit of loss figures doesn't tell you anything really. You need to look deeper in to the assets, investments, purchases, investment in development, write offs, depreciation etc etc.

Because the game is global, you also need to factor in the changing money markets, which can impact on cash flow.

I would have thought because peds are directly linked to dollars, that the income from deposits is up, as other currencies have become weaker.

sure, you can analyze very deep depending on what type of investment you are looking for.
But the 4 Points I wrote can be good enough when it comes to small companies. And as the information you have is often 6 months old when you get it you can be even more foold by looking to deep.

Also good accountants are able make sure that on paper your capital tax gain is minimal. After all, who likes paying the tax man any money :)

Ppl with accountants like that are greedy f**ks that dont deserv shit that a society provides

Back