Help: Rework the hitbox system please

That would mean I need to go to Caly, and 3 years ago I vowed to spend as little time there as possible until the hit boxes are fixed.

Just go try and click on one manually when you are running around hunting fast, then go try a mob that works fine and you will see the difference.

Well I didn't know about your vow Sunsout, but I'm quite willing to destroy some of them but it seems everyone is streaming and Frapsing these days. I dont and unless I global it wont show what I was doing.

Anyway, if someone wants to show me the issue tomorrow I'll electrocute some to see how serious the issue is. :)

I'll try to make a video this weekend if I have some free time. But you must be the only player not aware of the issues with hitboxes Mega :)

I'll make a ticket too, I hate flooding support with non-critical tickets but this seems to be the only way to communicate with mindark. Feel free to do the same guys just keep it short and be polite, atleast they can't say they are not aware.

I'll try to make a video this weekend if I have some free time. But you must be the only player not aware of the issues with hitboxes Mega :)

I'll make a ticket too, I hate flooding support with non-critical tickets but this seems to be the only way to communicate with mindark. Feel free to do the same guys just keep it short and be polite, atleast they can't say they are not aware.

EDIT: I can kill them just fine. :)

Last edited:
Better yet, go try and double click on a any of the 4 types of Kongs in Hell. MA says its ND's fault, ND says MA never gave him the code to fix it...

I don't care who is right though, it is MA's game, and THEY need to fix it ALL.

I know most of you don't care about mobs on other planets, but I am not familiar enough with any of the Caly mobs anymore to form opinions on most of them. (I only shoot event mobs there usually, and most of them are fine)

But all the other planets except Ark have massive hitbox problems. Ark still has a few tho like togo etc...

I guess it is just one of the many ways MA subliminally handicaps other planets, which they obviously love doing.

here an other example of a good working hitbox. How you can see, it is not a micro sized box, like it is into EU.

Most bad is a micro hitbox together with a moving creature (Tezlapod) impossible to kill now, except you want a lot decay just to kill a young.

And there are a lot more creatures with same problem. I don't think we ask for a such large box, like it is into my picture, but a bit larger it could be, so that we are able to hunt them. Especial if they move or jump.

Yeah it`s Micro now ,just like FPS games.

250px-Hitbox.jpg

Problem is the dead boxes / non existing during animation ,haven't played much lately but last i hunted argos elite they still existed if you aim low around torso.

I usually don't have much problem with it cause i always free aim old fashion style but it`s annoying when it happens

I know most of you don't care about mobs on other planets

It's the :censored: between the planets that stop people visiting other planets but this thread will get derailed if we talk about them.

So we wont, we will wait for the 2016 space update to happen in 2017.

Yeah it`s Micro now ,just like FPS games.

250px-Hitbox.jpg

This would be fine if the auto aim of move to target selected the center of the mob, not some limb that is flailing around.

Try with a gun and manual aim.

I have no reason to. ;)

Anyway, yes Tezlapods aren't fun to hunt, yes I agree there is some kind of hitbox issue - but I can kill things by adapting my hunting technique.

So that's what you could do in the meantime.

Anyway, yes Tezlapods aren't fun to hunt, yes I agree there is some kind of hitbox issue - but I can kill things by adapting my hunting technique.

Thats true

I have no reason to. ;)

So that's what you could do in the meantime.

Or i just can avoid every creature, with too small box. This is my solution. I have since 11 years my hunt style, about aiming. There is no reason for me to change this. :)

I know I'm that old man with a newspaper hat and bunny slippers nobody listens to, but this issue should really be looked into.

Specially now with BattleSim...

:(

Back