PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunoko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don't know but my guess is they need to make profit in a way. Their company has like 30 people on payroll.

Everything seems to come in waves, I just don't know when they happen.
    If it come in waves, then it is just a bad coded RNG. Or... MA liked to code some thing with waves.
    I think, loot in waves is a bad behavior, about the same person maybe loot several times some thing nice, while the wave occure. A bit unfair, if you ask me, and possible to find out the wave pattern, so the same person allways get some thing nice, by just known, when the wave run.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    East Coast Epsilon Pond: Still Fishing in The O.A.S.I.S.
    Vi V3r0nyka BitFury
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    If it come in waves, then it is just a bad coded RNG. Or... MA liked to code some thing with waves.
    I think, loot in waves is a bad behavior, about the same person maybe loot several times some thing nice, while the wave occure. A bit unfair, if you ask me, and possible to find out the wave pattern, so the same person allways get some thing nice, by just known, when the wave run.
    ^ This, there you have it folks.

UPDATE: Was originally going to post the following below, but since EU servers are down at the moment will do the reveal and exposure now:

Wave patterns are everywhere as I would like to call them "half of the half hour" and "Top of the Hour" + or - 07 minutes going in or after each wave cycle, lol. Try this out or sample your results in 23min folks. (notice the PCF post time above my PCF name btw)

Just looted Christmas Ring 2016 about 30 sec ago.
    (2nd ring btw)

[Globals]: Vi V3r0nyka BitFury has found a rare item (Christmas Ring 2016) with a value of 10 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

[System]: Entropia Universe time: 2017-02-07 06:58:36
    [System]: Session time: 00:10:07

(refer to EL under Rare Loot by typing in "Christmas Ring 2016" or "rings" for reference)

MA needs to adjust or update this, just my two pec. (perhaps they are doing this now as I re-post my original reply above since EU servers are down at this moment of my updated re-post).
    (Thank you LT for sending in your SC on this matter, and also to Ivi for requesting this much needed overhaul concern - just a matter of if & when MA will beable to do something on this matter.)

(in b4 the necro)
    Last edited by Vi Bitfury; 02-13-2017 at 15:06. Reason: EU servers are down now and decided to do the reveal update post
    ¸.•´¯`•.´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>
    Virtualized in EU since 27SEP2013

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    bad coding happens everywhere, it's like digital cancer. btw the VU is downloading, new bughunt season is opened soon!
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

The "Fifth" Entity
    Society
    The Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ... the government would be able to break encryption keys that were generated with only data supplied by that random number generator.
    Considering the amount of info we have today on the government controlled backdoors it's highly unlikely any independent software company would rely only on the data supplied by RdRand. It's pretty safe to assume vast majority uses combined/additional sources.

This, however, is not a guarantee this software is safe. There's always a possibility an insider sold out to the government, or was blackmailed/forced to give up the specs of the additional factors.

TL;DR: Nothing is ever 100% safe. The more money/power you have the smaller the safe area shrinks. It's just that (in most cases) you need a lot of money to do that and to go after a small fry like EU simply doesn't pay.

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Elle eSoul Beast
    Images
    True Random Numbers

You may be wondering how a computer can actually generate a random number. Where does this “randomness” come from. If it’s just a piece of computer code, isn’t it possible the numbers the computer generates could be predictable?

We generally group the random numbers computers generate into two types, depending on how they’re generated: “True” random numbers and pseudo-random numbers.

To generate a “true” random number, the computer measures some type of physical phenomenon that takes place outside of the computer. For example, the computer could measure the radioactive decay of an atom. According to quantum theory, there’s no way to know for sure when radioactive decay will occur, so this is essentially “pure randomness” from the universe. An attacker wouldn’t be able to predict when radioactive decay would occur, so they wouldn’t know the random value.

text from : http://www.howtogeek.com/183051/htg-...andom-numbers/
    Just correct for unstable atoms! If you see periodic table most of elements has life time recorded, and nuclear decay always occur during that time!

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Elle eSoul Beast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifth View Post
    Considering the amount of info we have today on the government controlled backdoors it's highly unlikely any independent software company would rely only on the data supplied by RdRand. It's pretty safe to assume vast majority uses combined/additional sources.

This, however, is not a guarantee this software is safe. There's always a possibility an insider sold out to the government, or was blackmailed/forced to give up the specs of the additional factors.

TL;DR: Nothing is ever 100% safe. The more money/power you have the smaller the safe area shrinks. It's just that (in most cases) you need a lot of money to do that and to go after a small fry like EU simply doesn't pay.
    Like Sony Hacking? Now a day Hackers use the power of several computers to make an attack, and with IoT growing up more powerful hacking will become!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Max Hec Walker
    Images
    Random number generation is lots of fun.
    If curious the easiest/best explanation on how to do it very well has been (imo) by Steve Gibson
    Grab a pillow since most people will find it a kind of dry topic.
    Audio file: https://media.grc.com/sn/sn-107.mp3
    Text file: https://www.grc.com/sn/sn-107.htm

In a nutshell he made a webpage in 2007 he's still waiting for someone to break the RNG.
    https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

What he's described is using noise from various sources at the same time to power the random.
    http://www.ciphersbyritter.com/RES/NOISE.HTM

And mixing all that up with some encryption cipher for even more randomness.

Just some food for thought on how to make a more random, RNG.

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Hec View Post
    Random number generation is lots of fun.
    If curious the easiest/best explanation on how to do it very well has been (imo) by Steve Gibson
    Grab a pillow since most people will find it a kind of dry topic.
    Audio file: https://media.grc.com/sn/sn-107.mp3
    Text file: https://www.grc.com/sn/sn-107.htm

In a nutshell he made a webpage in 2007 he's still waiting for someone to break the RNG.
    https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

What he's described is using noise from various sources at the same time to power the random.
    http://www.ciphersbyritter.com/RES/NOISE.HTM

And mixing all that up with some encryption cipher for even more randomness.

Just some food for thought on how to make a more random, RNG.
    Thats a nice one

It give a lot possible ways to make interesting RND. I often play around into my games i dev. , to find out a nice RND functions. You'r right, it is a lot fun to play around with RND.

Most fun is to see, if you use only a pure RND, then all hapens in pattern, and often you will win. Thats why it need a bit more , as only RND pure.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mannanan Mac y Lir
    Blog Entries
    Images

moar randomness

http://www.nanalyze.com/2017/02/quan...enerator-qrng/

I liked the images, I assume the lines on the left image represent the loot waves.
    > For Sale: Stuff <

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    http://www.nanalyze.com/2017/02/quan...enerator-qrng/

I liked the images, I assume the lines on the left image represent the loot waves.
    That was very interesting to read. Seems such generators are not so cheap for buy. The 2 pictures show exactly the problem of currently used RND systems.

Would like if MA would use a such QRND into the loot generation. What we see into EU is a average RND, causing exactly the problem into the 1 picture of this article.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast