Planet Calypso Content Release 2017.1

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
2017-02-07

***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

Additions
Chomper Iron Hunting Challenge mission chain
Crude Oil Mining mission chain
Melchi Water Mining mission chain
Iolite Mining mission chain
A mission to upgrade Bukin’s Spare Rifle
  • Talk to Captain Atreida at Fort Sisyphus after completing the mission “Holding Fort Sisyphus IV”

Changes
Removed old mentions of Aloode
Standardized the way Hunting Challenge Iron missions display rewards in the text for the following mission chains:

• Falxangius
  • Droka
  • Warrior
  • Feffoid
  • Atrox
  • Hiryuu
  • Argonaut
  • Foul
  • Merp
  • Araneatrox
  • Armax
  • Molisk
  • Allophyl/Estophyl
  • Ambulimax
  • Atrax
  • Aurli
  • Puny
  • Berycled
  • Combibo
  • Cornoanterion
  • Cornundacauda
  • Shinkiba/Daikiba
  • Daspelator
Removed the “not done” dialogue for the Mining Challenge missions
Removed the “Skip Tutorial” terminals and dialogues that allowed one to skip the start area Thule

Fixed Issues
Fixed Atlas Haven Achievement trigger
The Daikiba Trophy mission item no longer drops in regular loot
Corrected the text in the “Mining Challenge: Blausariam” mission chain
Fixed an issue where some rocks were invisible around Camp Caravan

Known Issues
The “Engineer Paula” NPC at Camp Phoenix has the “Captain Atreida” NPC name
The mission “Hunting Challenge: Iron Chomper X” shows incorrect rewards in the dialogue and no rewards in the mission log, this is a visual text issue only
Amethera Outback Land areas are displaying incorrect name “That Freaking Cold Place”

Originally Posted Here

There is no fix too the falling through floors of shops and other estates?
Or did I miss something.

chomper mission chain... i hope they added chomper spawn aswell

There is no fix too the falling through floors of shops and other estates?
Or did I miss something.

Nope you didn't miss it! MA forgot!

I am sad to report that there is the same issue on Arkadia stores at celeste harbour. The walls and items load into memory - and then forget that they were there - as soon as you move everything goes blank, you can see out to the street like no walls at all, all the items disappear and everything starts loading again. And obviously not stored locally, either. So, this is contributing directly to the MAJOR lag problem.

Please MA thanks for the quick fix to the daikiba trophy. When can we expect this one to get noticed?

We should send Gordon Ramsay to Mind Ark.

We'll get a cooking profession and the game will be fixed.

I expected a better upgrade :S

To be fair, it wouldn't take anyone very long to upgrade it and it is also effectively free (the item required to loot, is a quest item not a GNA style cube).

Seems MA's designers need to think about how people actually use low-end guns though (amped with "perfect fit" amplifiers).

Not bad for a 64mb "patch".

Adj Bukin made the tt rifle obsolete even for those who were fine with sacrificing some eco for damage, as they now have exactly same dps. Although if one plans to keep using bukin in future as finisher, upgrading is not a good idea.

Last edited:
A mission to upgrade Bukin’s Spare Rifle
Not on Calypso at the moment... Anyone got the specifics on this one? Guessing it's a quick and dirty little mission.

As for the upgrading not being worth it due to eco sacrafice, perhaps MA should make the original bukin repeatable after you do the adjustment?

As for me personally, I've grown a bit of a love for the Web Shop's Kong Tommy Gun these days (or some of it's L varations you loot from RT on occassion)... ;)

Last edited:
Not on Calypso at the moment... Anyone got the specifics on this one? Guessing it's a quick and dirty little mission.

As for the upgrading not being worth it due to eco sacrafice, perhaps MA should make the original bukin repeatable after you do the adjustment?

Kill 50 Prototype Droka Gen 05 (S of Sisyphus) and loot a quest item from them too (I got the quest item at about 25 kills).

Then hand-in at Phoenix. Literally a 30minute mission even using the original Bukin's.

Kill 50 Prototype Droka Gen 05 (S of Sisyphus) and loot a quest item from them too (I got the quest item at about 25 kills).

Then hand-in at Phoenix. Literally a 30minute mission even using the original Bukin's.

I will just drop some grenades then.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=Adjusted_Bukin's_Spare_Rifle

New Adj Bukin's found and decay tested; 10 shots = 1.37pec of decay (via ammo/pedcard test).

Means the same decay, but a bit more ammo for +1 dmg, 2.884 eco. Unfortunately worse eco w/ a101 than regular bukins (2.98 vs 2.97), for +0.5 dps.

So don't upgrade if you are a super-low level hunter and care about eco :)

It does seem to have more range, could be useful when used properly, resulting in less armor decay. It has a sharp 3.00dpp with imp ares

It does seem to have more range, could be useful when used properly, resulting in less armor decay. It has a sharp 3.00dpp with imp ares

Nice tagger!

also said something in patch notes about fixes today on the Toulan startup screen, but missions there still buggy as hell. anyone else having problems there?

I would have posted on the Toulan forum, but I think a graveyard would yield better results...

Removed the “Skip Tutorial” terminals and dialogues that allowed one to skip the start area Thule

I hope that resolves some of the unnecessary newbie questions from those that skip and avoid most of the questions on how to get back and where's PA docks etc.

But Thule will still need:
1. Revised gun ammo and "reloading" tutorial and keep it simple something like here's 100 cells your EWE1 gun uses 48 that means you have 2 shots, go shoot target X. Fun right here's another 100 see how the gun doesn't fire when out of cells, etc.

2a. to re-word how to drag-n-drop Oil into vehicle?
2b. OR a big screen in game next to avatar to showing how to drag Oil into vehicle to refuel.

3. To get the Oil the player should be shown how to call vehicle to storage terminal and get it. TWICE!

Also MA should rename Oil to Fuel to finally avoid the newbie confusion with Crude Oil...

also said something in patch notes about fixes today on the Toulan startup screen, but missions there still buggy as hell. anyone else having problems there?

I would have posted on the Toulan forum, but I think a graveyard would yield better results...
Actually the Toulan team reads and responds to the issues reported on the forum faster than any other planet. Haven't tested it last month but so far it has been the case. Not only have they replied very fast on the forum, they have actually fixed those issues too.

Toulan has very few active players so you indeed can compare that to graveyard. To assume their dev team is sloppy, that's just not fair.

My advice--if u want things done forget PCF and post your problem @ "Bug reports" on Toulan forum.

OR a big screen in game next to avatar to showing how to drag Oil into vehicle to refuel.

I remember big screens.... ;)

Some good ideas there Max Hec!

Yes, that is a Sleipnir in the background.

Wohoo cant wait to see the amazing DaspeLATOR.

is there a reason why the RT crabs now have 650 hp instead of 6500? is it a bug now or was it a bug before?

We ALL knew it was going to be nerfed. It was a bug before.

what makes u think that`? fact is ND wanted a hunting equivalent of EP4 BP. and the crabs were pretty much exactly that. and if that bug was so obvious why did they need nearly 2 months to "fix" it? its a simple number in a database entry. that literally takes less than 10 seconds to change. i say its a bug now. or MA forced him to change it due to caly losing hunters.

what makes u think that`? fact is ND wanted a hunting equivalent of EP4 BP. and the crabs were pretty much exactly that. and if that bug was so obvious why did they need nearly 2 months to "fix" it? its a simple number in a database entry. that literally takes less than 10 seconds to change. i say its a bug now. or MA forced him to change it due to caly losing hunters.

I'm not saying it was a bug, but everyone knew it was going to get nerfed man. It was in the chat all the time. I mean we didn't KNOW but it was highly speculated.

I'm not saying it was a bug, but everyone knew it was going to get nerfed man. It was in the chat all the time. I mean we didn't KNOW but it was highly speculated.

i dont see why it needed nerf though. there was nothing unbalanced about it. just a gamble mob like all the gamble bps at hunting. it didnt have any valuable loot and payout was not different than on any other mob either.

i dont see why it needed nerf though. there was nothing unbalanced about it. just a gamble mob like all the gamble bps at hunting. it didnt have any valuable loot and payout was not different than on any other mob either.

Oh I agree absolutely, I liked it. MA just is cheap, they won't allow a high HP, no regen, low damage mob to exist they want their decay cut which is essentially removed on that mob.

is there a reason why the RT crabs now have 650 hp instead of 6500? is it a bug now or was it a bug before?

I am not surprised in least to many players of different levels was coming over and having fun. MA hates the idea of players leaving their beloved baby Calypso. This is why PP struggle if they have good MA will nerf it, not just RT. January was a great month for RT. Doc had only set up events the night before the VU.

I am not surprised in least to many players of different levels was coming over and having fun. MA hates the idea of players leaving their beloved baby Calypso. This is why PP struggle if they have good MA will nerf it, not just RT. January was a great month for RT. Doc had only set up events the night before the VU.

more like the balancing for this mob was blatantly fucked up

how are you seriously defending that shit

more like the balancing for this mob was blatantly fucked up

how are you seriously defending that shit

One is an RT fanboy and the other has 25% of his globals on the crabs. You couldn't get more biased players :laugh:

They were broken (mainly due to the item spam of ESI / OA) and needed to be fixed. ND does this shit all the time, it's a wonder MA keep him on.

One is an RT fanboy and the other has 25% of his globals on the crabs. You couldn't get more biased players :laugh:

They were broken (mainly due to the item spam of ESI / OA) and needed to be fixed. ND does this shit all the time, it's a wonder MA keep him on.

Was that meant to be a insult? How mature of you Aio that you had to resort to name calling. I bet neither of you even came to ROCK to hunt them I am sure you are well aware just because you globel don't mean your in profit. As far as I know ESI did not drop, it was mainly genetic loot with low MU. Of course you know everything about this game and how things work so you must be right.

Back