Help: super slow server or bad routing?

Teiwaz Storm

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Teiwaz Storm Ing
I just started client and it started downloading some hotfix.
What took my attention is super slow download speed, after 1.5 minute I decided to check my net and it was normal (~160 Mbps download).

So either MA's servers are slow or my routing to them is very bad...

Anybody having such issues today or recently?

i'd rather ping download.entropiauniverse.com (which looks like cloudfront) than the webserver, but who really knows where the clients gets its stuff together, other than MA?

:dunce:

i'd rather ping download.entropiauniverse.com (which looks like cloudfront) than the webserver, but who really knows where the clients gets its stuff together, other than MA?

:dunce:

Always used to be the webserver, as the clientloader is just a html window, but then again they did also use to have an open ftp which they don't anymore.

(this was when it was on projectentropia.com)

It's not very good at math either - 19.23/27.49 = 70%, not 56% :cool:

Hence I'd start to worry if it really takes too much time, the numbers displayed don't really matter.

Aren't all those installer %'s based on the files installed (e.g. 56/100 files installed) rather than total data?

I always assumed so cos I've never seen an installer with a correct % figure :laugh:

I think what everybody said before me is true. :) However, I have also noticed MA's server sometimes gives you very low download speed. Like, 10 times lower than your actual bandwidth. The reason is definitely on their end.

Back