Question: What are you favorite team hunting mobs?

Hypnotyk

Elite
Society
discord.gg/bdDeqtn
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
So for those who don't know, I stream a team hunt with people from the discord chat channel every monday night US time.

(https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Universe-discord-channel-is-live!&highlight=)

We are all usually on calypso so we typically stay here, with some exceptions where we travel to other planets. We don't mind flying or warping. Lately, we have had some road blocks as to what we should hunt. So that is why I'm reaching out to PCF.

What are you favorite mobs to team hunt, and why?

Here are our typical choices:

1. Proteron w/ Mulmun Elite (most popular by far)
2. Spideys
3. Aurli/Kreltin
4. Feffox
5. Beacons
6. RT Crabs (no longer an option after rework)

Our typical team is 2-6 people, with most people doing around 40-70 DPS. Mobs with more hp and not super high aggro are preferred since not many people have high enough armor or high hp to tank them.

Thanks!
-Hyp

I haven't played since 2012 but I'm starting back up again next week so forgive this question but are beacons still a thing? When I played it was either proteron/Mullman, or Leviathan off of pa, can't beat the eco of proterons if you hunt them right. The only problem with hunting Leviathan are those damn swarm of rippersnappers but if you have a dedicated fapper you can sit in a tight line baracading the fapper against barrages but then again depending on everyone's player level if your hunting spiders then Levi's will be easy

I haven't played since 2012 but I'm starting back up again next week so forgive this question but are beacons still a thing? When I played it was either proteron/Mullman, or Leviathan off of pa, can't beat the eco of proterons if you hunt them right. The only problem with hunting Leviathan are those damn swarm of rippersnappers but if you have a dedicated fapper you can sit in a tight line baracading the fapper against barrages but then again depending on everyone's player level if your hunting spiders then Levi's will be easy

Welcome back :) Pop into the discord and we can get you caught up!

But ya beacons still exist, they have a different layout than the old ones. Leviathan move faster now and do more dmg more quickly so we avoid those.

Kong, The Thing, Sand King, Big Robots, Eomon. Those count? :p

The bigger the better imo as far as fun goes. Never done Mulmun Elites but they seem like lots of fun.

I don't think I've ever had more fun hunting than when I'm killing a zombie kong with 40 other people.

Going off what you said, beacons are a lot of fun too.

Kong, The Thing, Sand King, Big Robots, Eomon. Those count? :p

The bigger the better imo as far as fun goes. Never done Mulmun Elites but they seem like lots of fun.

I don't think I've ever had more fun hunting than when I'm killing a zombie kong with 40 other people.

Going off what you said, beacons are a lot of fun too.

Kong/The Thing/SK all require a ton of people. I'm looking for stuff that we can do 2-8 people. Eomon we do when theyre around, but looking for other suggestions.

Second Entity Generations come to mind now...

Kong/The Thing/SK all require a ton of people. I'm looking for stuff that we can do 2-8 people. Eomon we do when theyre around, but looking for other suggestions.

Second Entity Generations come to mind now...

SEG in teams are a nightmare (hophophop) and low hp too.

Hogglo, big Trox, big bulk, vanguard, falx, malcruentor, big plongu...

So many you haven't tried yet!

I think they made a mistake with nerfing Leviathan - it used to be a popular team hunt mob.

Now I think there's Proteron left to encompass a wide range of skill levels and equipment on Calypso.

Beacons can be fun in team but there tends to be always two unopened boxes left. :duh:

Team hunting sucks. So i Will say none. :D

The team hunting mechanics are antiquated, requires trusted friends to properly hunt, and I know how to get more than my share in a team hunt... which is why I don't do it.

I don't usually team but when we do , we prefer big gibdins/cipry in pvp4.Most of the times they drop nice loot.

Have you tried the dragons on RT. In very early days Narfi used give out solomates and ammo then collect loot. That was a lot of fun. Not sure if states or mechanics has changed since then. We have gangels that are like baby version of the pop dragon.

I miss doing big prots. If you ever gather a team for it, hit me up =)

But sometimes is fun to kill young-mature gibnid/chirpies at pvp4 as thats easier than mutated chirpies.

I miss doing big prots. If you ever gather a team for it, hit me up =)

But sometimes is fun to kill young-mature gibnid/chirpies at pvp4 as thats easier than mutated chirpies.

nvm.........

Last edited:
Small osseo are fun in a team. Also many of the mobs already mentioned. I haven't been to many of the other planets lately but the big scoria were a lot of fun too.

Big Togolossi on ARK have similar run speed to big prots excellent for team hunting. I really miss soc hunts - many of my soc have retired and I always take the opportunity to take part in a team hunt on big mobs. Maybe we as a community should organise these more often ?

Not sure the dynamics of team hunting these are the same now since you dont have to change gear....but Cyclops in Ancient Greece used to be a great team hunt mob.

Some nice suggestions here! I think we will have to try togolossi next and maybe get lucky by looting some nanites. This weekend should also be fun with the defenders and big bulk invading calypso :)

More on Arkadia,

Big Teladon,
Yuka
Big Huon

Alpha Tide Claw on Cyrene. 6k hp and hit hard, but are very slow and you can ping pong them in team like Prots.

Alpha Tide Claw on Cyrene. 6k hp and hit hard, but are very slow and you can ping pong them in team like Prots.

They are so slow you can also just run away then turn around shoot, run away again, etc.

Sense MA put all in Events and made hitbox crazy i havent hunt much almost nothing the last 2 years.
But i liked to hunt Aruli and Osse.

These sound like fun.. and I do enjoy Cyrene

Back