Eco Calculations

Zenzile

Stalker
Society
CRT
Zenzile
I'm a bit confused on the eco formula and I was hoping someone smart could help me out.

So here is the base eco equation assuming mDmg = max dmg.

((mDmg * 75% * 90%) + (mDmg * 2%)) / cost

Lets call this

(eDmg + cDmg) / cost

So the first chunk is simple right? max dmg * .75 = the avg dmg of each shot. Then * .9 is the avg dmg on monsters after evade is factored in.

The next part is where I get confused.

So cDmg I take it factors in crit. But how the hell does max dmg * crit chance calculate crit? Where is crit multiplier in this formula? Makes no sense to me.

As a few knowledgeable players have told me, the base crit multi is 2%, which makes sense and fits this equation. However, we know that a crit does much more dmg than max dmg, so is this calculation wrong?

Lets say average dmg (mDmg *.75) is aDmg for simplicity.

Wouldnt it be cDmg = (aDmg * multi) * chance?

And even after that, I'm left wondering about crit dmg itself. A user here said its 200% base multi. From my observations, crits are clearly not simply base dmg of the shot * multi. If it were then the range between crits would be insane.

Instead, I think maybe it's shot dmg + (mDmg * multi). I honestly don't know, but thats a good guess I think. Either mDmg or aDmg. Actually just tested this, don't think this is right. Close, but I don't think it's right. Someone should let me know how crit dmg is actually calculated.

But anyway, even after that, wouldnt this avg dmg added to each shot due to crits be applied before multiplying by the 90% evade chance? Who the hell knows, and I don't think that part is important. As long as the equation provides a good measurement of comparison between weapons, then it shouldnt matter much. However, the equation can't provide a good dpp comparison if crit multiplier isn't factored in (especially with these new focused blow and crit multi buffs), and that's where I'm confused.

Can someone explain where crit multi comes in if I'm wrong?

Regarding crit dmg, found something that makes more sense. It only makes more sense assuming crit multi isn't actually 200%, but is instead 100%. So yea idk, if someone can confirm multi and the crit formula, then i would be golden.

hit dmg + mDmg * multi

Lets say you get 85% crit multi bonus, and do a 50 dmg hit with a 77 max dmg weapon.

50 + 77 * 1.85 = 192.5

^ That is definitely in the normal range of my crits. Again not really sure, just guessing here.

crit damage is the normal damage plus max damage, so it's always 150-200% of max damage. Not counting buffs.

crit damage is the normal damage plus max damage, so it's always 150-200% of max damage. Not counting buffs.

Makes perfect sense, tyvm! Also makes the equation make sense, ty!

And that would also confirm what I said above. Didn't realize but 100% multi is just max dmg.

With todays options eco formula is a lot more difficult than it was in the past.

Factor in:
Enhancers added, there witch ones, could be DMG enhancer, eco enhancers, accuracy enhancers which impact eco of the gun.

Factor in:
Rings and other buffs, here is increase crit chance, as I don´t know all possible buffs there can be a lot more that impact the eco (just to lazy to do the search)

You see, looking at the weapon and skills alone doesn´t give the real eco.

Crit in the original equation is very simplified, but taking that into account it is correct.

Max Dmg * 1.02 will give you your additional crit damage, as expanded it is:

Max Dmg * 1 + Max Dmg * .02

giving your +2% crit rate.

But, as Xen says; it's actually 150-200% of max.

So a simple addition of the crit range into the crit formula would fix this:

(Max Dmg * 0.875) * 0.02

Or more technically:

(Max Dmg * 0.875) * (CH chance/100)

Back