Lying to get someone banned?

Status

Xane

Old Alpha
Banned
Society
Nebula Virus Elite
Kane Xane Crossing
Was told by Morgoth from the Kronan that the Kronan crew do not report people for shooting and delaying their warp. After my crew and I attacked the Kronan I delayed their warp so they could drop a warp mine to catch the Kronan out away from the safezone.
I was reported and banned the next day for delaying the Kronan's warp, the exact thing Morgoth said they wouldn't report me for.
After my ban was removed and support offered no real explanation of what I did wrong I confronted A crew member of the Kronan in space and he said Morgoth will say whatever he thinks will piss me off.

So lying is allowed by the Kronan apparently. Here are the logs.....

A conversation with Morgoth

2016-07-17 03:38:34 [TO : Sinister Morgoth Evil] also as I understand it disrupting a MS warp can get you banned
2016-07-17 03:38:53 [TO : Sinister Morgoth Evil] so thats why i say its unfair
2016-07-17 03:38:58 [FROM: Sinister Morgoth Evil] to just disrupt and delay yes
2016-07-17 03:39:06 [TO : Sinister Morgoth Evil] see thats stupid
2016-07-17 03:39:17 [FROM: Sinister Morgoth Evil] agreed
2016-07-17 03:39:41 [FROM: Sinister Morgoth Evil] I think pirates preventing warps on ships without proper crew should be kept at dock

2016-07-17 03:39:44 [TO : Sinister Morgoth Evil] you are allowed to mess with us and force us to spend peds to kill you but we cannot mess with you
2016-07-17 03:40:14 [FROM: Sinister Morgoth Evil] in that sense sure, MA made a bad call
2016-07-17 03:40:31 [TO : Sinister Morgoth Evil] there needs to be balance
2016-07-17 03:40:36 [FROM: Sinister Morgoth Evil] I think you guys should be allowed too just because if they can field a quad or two, no way pirates can keep them stuck
2016-07-17 03:41:29 [FROM: Sinister Morgoth Evil] and if they cannot, then the people have to find other methods of travel that involve using a capable vessel/crew
2016-07-17 03:41:55 [FROM: Sinister Morgoth Evil] rather then some base SI ship with a dozen people logged out waiting for them to warp

2016-07-17 03:42:27 [FROM: Sinister Morgoth Evil] I actually put in a ticket when I heard pirates were getting reported for doing that to JBK back in the day
2016-07-17 03:42:56 [TO : Sinister Morgoth Evil] i think its great that some people(you) want to create an opposition to pirates but it seems there is no real cost to do so and lots of cost to try
2016-07-17 03:43:02 [TO : Sinister Morgoth Evil] prevent you from doing so

2016-07-17 03:43:02 [FROM: Sinister Morgoth Evil] and I know KISS crew wont report for that, we love it when we get to have some fun at warps lol

Then I get reported and banned for a legitimate attack and attempted looting of the Kronan

QaQvUGt.jpg

Then I'm let back into the game and I confront one of Kronan's crew.

2016-08-31 04:33:27 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] Did you know that Morgoth said that the Kronan crew don't report for warp delaying and that they welcome the challenge?
2016-08-31 04:34:11 [Space travel] [light cerealkiller revant] morgoths says whatever he thinks will piss you off thats his job idc lol
2016-08-31 04:34:20 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] so he lies?
2016-08-31 04:34:42 [Space travel] [light cerealkiller revant] i never heard him lie u all say he does idk
2016-08-31 04:36:00 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] well its like if I say hey you can do this thing I won;t report you and then i do that thing and you report me
2016-08-31 04:36:07 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] kind of a shitty thing to do

2016-08-31 04:39:50 [Space travel] [light cerealkiller revant] do you really think you can kill everyone and no one will lift a finger forever? lol
2016-08-31 04:40:53 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] you can lift all the fingers you wan't..but lying and makie false reports to get me band?
2016-08-31 04:41:14 [Space travel] [light cerealkiller revant] except if it was false you wouldnt have gotten a ban lol
2016-08-31 04:41:25 [Space travel] [light cerealkiller revant] clearly MA didnt think it was false

2016-08-31 04:41:27 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] everything I do is within the mechanics of the game
2016-08-31 04:41:40 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] MA didn't do an investigation
2016-08-31 04:41:51 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] they just took your side of the story
2016-08-31 04:41:58 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] they never asked me anything

2016-08-31 04:42:04 [Space travel] [light cerealkiller revant] hmmm and why do you think that is? lol
2016-08-31 04:42:18 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] many reaons...no of which are good
2016-08-31 04:42:40 [Space travel] [light cerealkiller revant] maybe because like everyone else they understand we are the good guys and you are the bad guys? :p
2016-08-31 04:42:47 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] there are serious ethic problems with this case
2016-08-31 04:43:09 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] you can't have bias when your support!
2016-08-31 04:43:31 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] Im playing part of the game they made
2016-08-31 04:43:47 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] im just as important as everyone else

2016-08-31 04:43:54 [Space travel] [light cerealkiller revant] so learn your place in it and stop catching cases lol
2016-08-31 04:43:55 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] or atleast im supposed to be
2016-08-31 04:44:15 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] see this is what i mean when I say you have no integrity2016-08-31 04:44:24 [Space travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] read what you just wrote

2016-08-31 04:44:49 [Space travel] [light cerealkiller revant] i know my place im 3rd in line of command of kronan i just do what im told and tell those under me what ive been told

Lying to get someone banned from the game because you don't want to spend peds to defend your ship, shame.

Omg, you are treating people like victim ( hunting them in space, killing, looting) and you dare to saying you got any agreement with someone else that he will not report you? LOL. You are F*king pirate with no honor( you would kill anyone even if he would begging you in space to don't do it and spare his life) and you should be treated with the same way. And Im very happy that you were banned and I hope that is not the last ban, hope one day the ban will be perma one.

Thats all from my side.

lets take a seat and get some popcorn :D

always fun when PEErats complain :yup::laugh::laugh::tongue2:

ANYTHING goes when it comes to dealing with a pirate.

You think people didn't lie when Edward Teach, Kidd, Morgan, or any of those Spanish pussies like Pizarro came sailing around?

You think think people tell the truth when they sail by Somalia?

On the spectrum of piracy, you are basically an amoeba compared to these guys, however you deserve nothing better than them.

I started to like you, but now I see you are still dumber than a box of shit.

Saying people shouldn't lie to you...HAHAHAH seriously????

So lie to all pirates, people, every day! Do it about anything! Fuck em all and may they burn in hell.

Another cleverly disguised Space thread... :thumbup:

I feel a weekend coming on...

ANYTHING goes when it comes to dealing with a pirate.

You think people didn't lie when Edward Teach, Kidd, Morgan, or any of those Spanish pussies like Pizarro came sailing around?

You think think people tell the truth when they sail by Somalia?

On the spectrum of piracy, you are basically an amoeba compared to these guys, however you deserve nothing better than them.

I started to like you, but now I see you are still dumber than a box of shit.

Saying people shouldn't lie to you...HAHAHAH seriously????

So lie to all pirates, people, every day! Do it about anything! Fuck em all and may they burn in hell.

taco u forgot one thing ... wich truth :D we got now alternatives ... :smoke:

Oh man - a wolf playing the wolf is soooo yesterday's news. Like totally stale man ! :scared:. Get with it son, were all camels now :D
JToEaDE.jpg

Go home pirate you are drunk

I believe this case was already discussed before, with the warpmine that was being setup and all. Seeing as it's been some time since this happened I assume it's a fairly poor attempt to try and discredit the Kronan again. Please, move on, get over it. It's rather sad to see people in a game like this with a small population acting this way, just stop with these threads, it's getting pathetic.

Nothing to see here - it was all said last week in another shite pirate post - Jog On Mother F*****S (pirates that is)

I actually don´t care if he lie to you. That really doesn´t matter.

What I feel is wrong is, that Kronan, which said is at war with pirate Xane, reports Xane for warpdelaying (making a fight possible), instead of fighting and defeating (maybe loot) the pirates.

The report to get Xane banned is lame.

As a owner of a mothership you should have the balls to stand a fight.

OK... WTF.

So it's not allowed to take pot shots at a MS to disrupt the warp sequence UNLESS you're planning on destroying the entire ship because they don't want you delaying it's travel. Yet it's perfectly a-ok that a pirate can just shoot me down, try to steal my shit, damage my ship and delay MY personal travel even when I'm not carrying anything?

Firstly, MA needs to fix these systems rather than act as police stepping in like big brother/god determining what's "fair play". There's a fine line between how a game mechanic is supposed to work and what's determined as just interfering with another persons ability to play the game (violating ToS).

While I don't fully agree with the whole pirating "profession" I don't feel that MA stepping in is warranted in these situations. Piracy is generally synonymous with being a douche, stealing peoples shit, and generally wasting peoples time and money (decaying their ship) so how is it any different when it happens to be a mothership? Why is there preferential treatment here? You waste MY time, oh that's ok I'm just a lowly player - but you're a mother ship and all of a sudden you've got a right to bitch and MA steps in to start banning people? Lying or not.

Not to mention this idea of shooting without intent to take down is flawed as the standard practice of all mother ships is... try to warp... if shot, retreat to non-pvp, wait and try again till the pirate is out of ammo. Many have such high structural integrity and repair teams that even if you and 10 others have the intent to take it down it's pointless as they can calmly try to warp, then when shot slowly bumble their way back to the safety of non-pvp. And there's nothing against ToS doing this?

Look, we need an overhaul in space. While I can see how having pirates add a certain element to space, it's handled in the worst possible way. Various things need to be fixed for balancing so piracy isn't just a matter of camping and shooting people down who have ZERO defense - unless you want to get into a 100+ ped dog fight in space where there's only a 0.000001% chance of actually getting loot... Seriously there is no defense, everyone is forced to take the same path to places - or at least forces to start their journey at the same point which is camped. The guns reach across the map and there's no evasive maneuvering. Here's just a few things that need to be changed:

• Disconnecting/crashing should NOT remove your ship when you log back in. Sick of flying in a safe trajectory from one planet to another only to have the game crash or D/C then upon logging back in my ship is gone, dying and spawning right by a bloody pirate at a SS.
  • Spawning in space from a planet should be a random place near the planet. It's completely unrealistic that EVERYONE spawns at practically the same place at a space station. Just lets pirates camp at the one spot. At least around the planet it forces them to move around in PVP as well and co-ordinate to monitor a planet for people leaving.
  • You should be able to choose where you spawn when appropriate. When dying near Caly I never spawn at SS, I always spawn on some random mothership for some reason. This could be a seriously exploited flaw. You die, spawn on MS which then takes out out into space against your will. I should be able to choose if I want to spawn on MS or SS.
  • Remove the use of next target, autofire, and giant hit boxes in space. We should be able to do evasive maneuvers in space that actually work. So many times I've been shot at and I literally dodge out of the way of the blast - I see the lasers shots go clean past my ship, yet I still take damage. WTF is THAT about? If the lasers don't touch my ship I shouldn't take damage.
  • Maybe implement scanner attachments to ship that allow scanning to see if there is lootable goods in a ship? That way maybe less of us will have our time and ship decay wasted by pirates shooting us down when we are carrying nothing.

Just a few ideas I came up with in 5 minutes. What are your ideas MA?

Last edited:
BPD much? Not sure why you are crying victim when you've been told repeatedly not to do this by mindark.

Also, this is why you can't enforce something that the system allows you to do. You get many threads like these.

I actually don´t care if he lie to you. That really doesn´t matter.

What I feel is wrong is, that Kronan, which said is at war with pirate Xane, reports Xane for warpdelaying (making a fight possible), instead of fighting and defeating (maybe loot) the pirates.

The report to get Xane banned is lame.

As a owner of a mothership you should have the balls to stand a fight.

Maybe, but he's been warned by mindark half a dozen times that he can't grief the mothership (single shot to delay the warp) without intending to actually fight. But he does it anyway. That's his own fault if he's banned. Subsequently, if this is the stance then mindark should make it so that the system doesn't lend to that behavior. If ma says that isn't allowed, but he does it anyway, that's not any different than exploiting a bug... and mindark ahold fix it.

Maybe, but he's been warned by mindark half a dozen times that he can't grief the mothership (single shot to delay the warp) without intending to actually fight. But he does it anyway. That's his own fault if he's banned. Subsequently, if this is the stance then mindark should make it so that the system doesn't lend to that behavior. If ma says that isn't allowed, but he does it anyway, that's not any different than exploiting a bug... and mindark ahold fix it.

Tangential question, as I don't think it effects whether OP should be banned for abuse.

Does it cost money for a mothership to initiate a warp, even if it fails?

Tangential question, as I don't think it effects whether OP should be banned for abuse.

Does it cost money for a mothership to initiate a warp, even if it fails?

No, but it would be griefing. It's a system flaw. Quads can sit out of gun range and just continue to disrupt like that.

Like someone mentioned, space needs an overhaul. Then we wouldnt need these debates. The bigger issue is that he is doing what mindark has warned him many times to not do. So, whether reported or not by kronan, it doesn't matter. Agree with mindark or not it doesn't matter. You did something you've been told you can't do with temp bans but do it anyway. Nothing else matters.

is the weekly ban over already? jesus christ... instant flamewar starting again by this pirate. dont you get tired of this? nobody likes you xane due to ur chosen profession. get over it and carry on.
if u want to be liked and agreed by the public maybe you should consider a orifession change and start doing something for the community rather than against them.
and maybe that profession change would be good for you as all those short time bans may end in a perma ban one day

So lying is allowed by the Kronan apparently.

Not necessarily. Two people may sincerely believe they "know" and still "know" the thing differently.

I've been getting contradictory info myself - some people say I'm on Kronan's KoS list, some people say I've never been there. (The latter sound a bit more plausibe but it most likely isn't possible to know or even "know".)

Oh look the monthly topic to blame others for another temp ban after ignoring warnings, again.
Meh here's a video. :bored:
And I'm all outta popcorn.

Oh look the monthly topic to blame others for another temp ban after ignoring warnings, again.
Meh here's a video. :bored:
And I'm all outta popcorn.

Here.. have some more :popcorn:

Cud not happen in non pvp area.
Remove pvp space and wrap will work as intended.

It's because of safe zones and agreements. All space shall be pvp and lootable, with eventual penalising piracy like in Eve Online (Concord)

Mindark should create a pirate pet parrot that you get automatically when you shoot down anyone in space that will fill your chat screen so u can't see any other chat until u turn the pet in when u report to no way out prison to atone for your crimes

This thread is nothing to do with being lied to, it is everything to do with being a drama queen
You are even lying about someone lying. Whoever reported you did so knowing MA would investigate, and that they would deal with the situation according to the TOU. Therefore no lies were told in regard to any report to 'get you banned'
That Morgoth stirred you up was just a dose of your own medicine.

:whiner: Not been able to post while you were banned and now crying out to be noticed (love or hate doesn't matter just notice you) :whiner:

Are you really that lonely and insecure that you have to delve back over 6 months to find an excuse to post.

Poor little old you. Everyone give the poor l'il pirate a hug :grouphug:

Two points (which 90% of you most likely won't accept):

1. As soon as one side drops all fairness and honor, the opposing side is forced to do the same. What you're actually doing is pushing the game from very few rules down to total chaos with no rules.
    Some people like total chaos, most of them however actually hate this.
    Why? Because in a very real sense a game without any rules ceases to be a game. No game, no fun.
  2. The side who gives up the most basic unwritten rules first is usually the losers. Sometimes they can actually have a upper hand but they are simply more afraid.
    Let me rephrase this. There's 2 ways to become a terrorist: either you are a coward or you are hopelessly weaker than your opponent and have no other way left to win the war.

I think the root of the problem with Space is the fundamental belief lots of people have about Space pirates--that looting another player equals theft. If it actually is or not is irrelevant here, this is what those people believe. Meaning, in their little heads their opponent already operates outside any rules. Consequently, doing the same seems like fair response.

Status
Back