Live feed of market prices?

Cayman

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Cayman
Does anyone know if there is some sort of updated (RSS?) feed of item/resource markups? Does this exist? :scratch2:

There used to be something like that on mytwopecs which apparently is something completely unrelated to Entropia now. Apparently it is now about how to get your ex girlfriends back... :laugh:

I played around with building a map tool for EU (here) and actually won second place in the map contest. So I'm looking at refining that beta tool and perhaps building more tools all in one place.

my2pecs ran from a small feed that Entropia had on their website, of expiring auctions.

Unfortunately AFAIK this has been removed :(

my2pecs and peauction use to get auction data by scraping the information from the "Expiring Auction Items" section of the client loader. The way that information is presented in the client loader has changed several times since those sites were at peak usefulness.

If you do manage to create a site to track auction history like my2pecs and peauction used to, you will be a hero to many players!

Nice one, they added a lot to it too. Could actually do a true comparison of planet markets there.

The only problem with this is it doesnt capture buy out bids. I wish they would just release auction data daily in a CSV dump somewhere or provided an API for a tool to hook into the auction table. :(

The only problem with this is it doesnt capture buy out bids. I wish they would just release auction data daily in a CSV dump somewhere or provided an API for a tool to hook into the auction table. :(

API would be nice to track auction data, on the negative side, it would make it easy to code auction bots, too.

API would be nice to track auction data, on the negative side, it would make it easy to code auction bots, too.
There are plenty of people who just sit and snipe auctions already -- they are the only ones who'd suffer from auction bots.
In my opinion, the benefits of accurate auction data far outweigh that harm some auction bots could do.

Don't hold your breath anyone... I'm pretty sure the community has been asking for good offline auction data since day two that the auction exists!

Mining data from the expiring auctions page is a decent idea (thanks for pointing that out SnowLeopard & Darkaruki), but like you said GoNi - it doesn't capture buyouts.

I asked MA if they produce any RSS or CSV files for public consumption, but I wont hold my breath. They never did respond to my last support request...

I would think that buyouts account for the vast majority of purchases. I guess an experiment lasting at least a few months could determine if the expiring price (on anything with at least 1 bid) ended up being close enough to the in-game markup, which would account for buyouts. That still leaves two problems:
- How close would the estimate of MU actually need to be to the in-game "real" markup to be useful? Within... 0.01%? 0.1%?
- How close would the estimate need to be in time? If the price of an item fluctuates fast enough, the estimations based on only bids and not buyouts may never be able to keep up...

Thoughts?

I feel non buyout pricing is more real anyways. BO can be manipulated but an expiring auction will always go for real market value, as if it was too low someone would bid 1 ped higher. I feel that is the real value for items.

Back