Battle Simulator: Format, Objectives, Release and Feedback

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

[h=3]Battle Simulator[/h][h=4]#3 Format, Objectives, Release and Feedback[/h]Format
The Battle Simulator will be a platform-wide solo instance in the form of a ‘time trial assault course’. You must destroy all enemies in each level as fast as you can. Prizes are given for completing the course. Additionally, there are extra prizes for climbing to top positions on the weekly leaderboard.

Battle Simulator runs are performed using a special premade avatar, so that all participants are on an equal footing, important for promoting the competitive aspects planned for this new system.

Objectives
The Battle Simulator may appeal to a whole new audience of competitive gamers attracted by the prizes and tournaments on offer. Designed for immediate accessibility, all avatars will be able to enter Battle Simulator tournaments immediately and on equal terms with other players.

This ‘instant-access’ game mode may encourage some players to specialize in the Battle Simulator. Ultimately, this will also contribute to the economy of Entropia Universe as a whole, as the Battle Simulator game mode runs parallel to the existing Real Cash Economy and Avatar progression model.

Release and Feedback
On February 28, 2017 the Battle Simulator will be released as a prototype and will still be undergoing development. Your feedback will therefore be a vital part of the development process. Your contributions will be welcomed in the community forums.

More information will be available soon.

**EDIT**
An earlier version of this article stated:

Although skill-levels are standardized within the Battle Simulator, your Avatar still gains skills via Battle Simulator activities. These skill increases are applied to your Avatar after exiting the simulator instance.​

This was a miscommunication. The initial prototype release of the Battle Simulator will not reward participants with skills; however skill rewards may be considered in the future.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Although skill-levels are standardized within the Battle Simulator, your Avatar still gains skills via Battle Simulator activities. These skill increases are applied to your Avatar after exiting the simulator instance.

If, for a cost, it allows one to gain skills at a faster rate than they would outside, it's effectively a thinly veiled skill shop.

What I don't get is that we all suppose to go into simulator @ same skill level, with no items and gear? Is there a shop inside to buy "simulator ammo" "simulator gun" "simulator gear"?

Why are there different level of simulator then if we all go in with same skill levels? Or only gear is removed and we go in with our hp/skills?

Is that RT PVP arena v2.o? I have done PVE side of that arena, buying gun localy and killing some mobs for green tokens. Returns were horrible (read: a fucking blatant stealing if you ask me). I mean I did spend like a week there to see if anything changes in loot and 50% was a norm. That's the most PED I lost in EU btw, in that RT arena...

wtf does that mean? i dont really see what they wanne say with this. how will it support the economy?

Because people will be spending peds in the battle simulator. The usual decay/peds spent will be spread throughout the whole universe, not just Calypso.

RIP skill/ESI prices ? :O

I'll reserve judgment for when we actually know what this is.

why? more skills to sell, more esi required

Higher supply obviously, easier to get - means less demand. Simple economics.

Didn't they already sell BADs? I don't recall what those were for.

esi mu is around 900% +-40.

i expect skills mu% go down and esi go up, like after event when ppl sells skills.

Sounds like a solo beacon crossed with a wave event.

i thought it was an instance playable also with smartphone

i thought it was an instance playable also with smartphone

If they are going to make smartphone stuffs, maybe they should fix Virtual Tycoon that has been broken for 6 weeks. :(

What I don't get is that we all suppose to go into simulator @ same skill level, with no items and gear? Is there a shop inside to buy "simulator ammo" "simulator gun" "simulator gear"?

I guess it will be like Cyrene's pvp hub, but pve - everyone enters with equal skills and buy basic stuff at local "tt" but later able to acquire better gear (that works only inside the simulator) with some tokens earned there. And if the compet model is of any indication, there most likely will be premium stuff for purchase by those who want to pay to win (perhaps not from the start, but eventually).

OK, in light of this new info my assessment is a mixed bag.

As some of you may know, my ideal solution for EU in long term is a multiplayer-arena-type e-sports/tournaments. Their selling point is interesting gameplay, enthralling fast-paced multiplayer competitive action to a degree it becomes addictive (in a good sense). To succeed in a long term EU economy and player base growth has to be stimulated enough to overcome a stagnation. What we need is nothing less than a new engine for the whole EU economy. Or engines, the more the better, the more effective the better.

Considering the above this single player Battle Simulator then can be viewed as the first step in the right direction.

However, the unavoidable premise for anything that could possibly serve as a new engine for the rest of the game is a skill based game-play. If there is no progression within the single player instance, no next level you'd want to achieve it takes away the long term motivation to participate.
Not only that, it can never become an engine for the rest of the game. No synergy = another stillborn project. It would come, enjoy a short period of novelty and interest and then quietly fade into oblivion without changing anything in the big picture.

This is very simple logic, I hope MA is able to realize their mistake and correct it as this project moves forward. :cool:

small 5v5 MOBA type PVP instances. All start at same skill level/hp etc, freeaim, disable next target etc

Randomized Queue system etc. Buy advertisement @ DOTA 2 forums :p

If, for a cost, it allows one to gain skills at a faster rate than they would outside, it's effectively a thinly veiled skill shop.

Yeah, I'm not liking that if that is the case. Make new avatar and start skilling right away with a detpil python...

Last edited:
small 5v5 MOBA type PVP instances. All start at same skill level/hp etc, freeaim, disable next target etc

Randomized Queue system etc. Buy advertisement @ DOTA 2 forums :p
Something like that. However, the overwhelming majority of EU players can't care less about PvP. That's why I believe the classical PvP element should be only one element among numerous elements that are more or less PVE. Like, you step on the landmine, you run into aggro zone of a monster that would kill your whole team unless someone manages to drag it away (and sacrifices himself in the process), etc.
With kinda "indirect PvP" in the middle. Think: mobtraining, dragging up bunch of meanies to the only mountain pass in the area, etc.

If all those factors are correctly balanced you can win without firing a shot at your enemy, or you can go for a classical frontal PvP assault, and you could fail there against enemy who successfully avoids the frontal assault and relies on the environment only...

Well, at least that's how I see it. I'm sure there's many ways you can do it.

I dont think it speeds up skilling. I think by "skill increases" they mean skill gains. Players and MA tend to use different terminology for the same thing.

I think there is a fee for entry this pays or use of the standardized gear and ammo used within the instance. I think what they are trying to say is that since you will be spending ped you will still skill up just as if you were in the normal world.

As for prizes... Im thinking thats basically just loot. "Place better" and you get better loot.

I guess it will be like Cyrene's pvp hub, but pve - everyone enters with equal skills and buy basic stuff at local "tt" but later able to acquire better gear (that works only inside the simulator) with some tokens earned there. And if the compet model is of any indication, there most likely will be premium stuff for purchase by those who want to pay to win (perhaps not from the start, but eventually).
All hail the mighty Trumpetta, king of the simulator pets.

I dont think it speeds up skilling. I think by "skill increases" they mean skill gains. Players and MA tend to use different terminology for the same thing.

I think there is a fee for entry this pays or use of the standardized gear and ammo used within the instance. I think what they are trying to say is that since you will be spending ped you will still skill up just as if you were in the normal world.

As for prizes... Im thinking thats basically just loot. "Place better" and you get better loot.

So if everyone competes with the same equipment and the same skill level (like in Proving Grounds on Cyrene), then everyone should get the same skill gains.

And skill gains that would be big enough to keep mid-level players interested... will be just yuuuge for an OJ.

Depending on how well MA implements the Battle Simulator, this could bring back some old players and get new players interested in Entropia Universe.

So if everyone competes with the same equipment and the same skill level (like in Proving Grounds on Cyrene), then everyone should get the same skill gains.

And skill gains that would be big enough to keep mid-level players interested... will be just yuuuge for an OJ.

Noobs can already get massive skillgains. There are plenty of ul weapons that can cycle a fuck ton of ammo, for example one could get a mid tier swine deluxe + rage 50 L for 2k ped or less and some 100% skill pills and blast their way to lv50 in 2 weeks maybe less. Is that eco? Hell no but its fukin awesome!

BADs where battle arena deeds, announced with a vixen hitting a molisk. They were related to taming system in EU, alongside with stable deeds which was soon abandonned and renamed as compet deeds for a whole new game on mobile platforms.
I don't think they will release new deeds, sure printing money is fun, but in long run it makes the whole thing more expensive and scare players.

As for the whole battle simulator i thiink it can give a new game format to attract new players but i ain't sure about the impact it can have on the Entropia Game.

However, isn't this what people were asking for in MM, a system that allows players to compete on an equal footing no matter when they joined. If it doesn't involve a ped transaction (yeah right this MA) then it could be run using local resources only i.e. no server interaction so a timed instance would be possible i.e. infinite ammo, limited hp kill as many mobs as possible in 1 hour with no health regen point scoring style events would be possible.

Almost guessed correctly then.

As has been pointed out already EU is crap at pvp, hopefully this fixes all the problems with by running as a local sandbox otherwise I can't see anyone switching from a standard PVP game to this. The one thing it has going is that it sounds similar to an old favourite mod in UT2k3 Alien Invasion but if it involves having to pay for ammo :(

But if it's fun then that's one thing but if it turns into a grind a thon with easy kills - fish a barrel style (like a lot of the EU missions) then it'll get boring really quickly especially for pvp players who usually expect rounds to last 5 - 10 minutes with very fast quick gameplay.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does it sound like a new game client, connected to EU?

I mean they are releasing a prototype on a live server or is there a test server for us to try?

Maybe they could charge 100 bottles of sweat to enter. That wouldn't affect sweat prices, but it would give new players a reason to sweat that didn't feel futile. I had been thinking of suggesting MA charge a small amount of sweat to use the TPs.

Is it just me or does it sound like a new game client, connected to EU?

I mean they are releasing a prototype on a live server or is there a test server for us to try?

It is just you. They literally said you access it from EU. Most likely using an action from the action library like the Galactic mission.

If this is like the Hub then how this works is you pay to go into it. There will be like maybe 9 levels each costing a bit more with more luck of course of larger wins. Ammo and guns are bought inside the Battle Hub along with tokens that can be found if you hang out in the simulator waiting for others to join. I'm very rusty on how Cyrene's Hub works, but others can fill in where I was wrong or missed key items.

Also the main logo used on the past post, if I'm right was the same used for the Hub. So it is possible that all this is is the Hub opened up for all in EU?

Last edited:
Back