Known Issue - Mayhem Scintillator Series

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Some parameters for the recently awarded Mayhem Scintillator weapons are incorrect.

The intended and correct parameters were provided in the Merry Mayhem event announcement and are as follows:

Mayhem Scintillator Azure
Laser Pistol
Max Damage: 16
Attacks/Min: 79
Range: 36m
DPS: 21.11
DPP: 4.2395
Increased Critical Strike Chance: 1%
Recommended Level: 35

Mayhem Scintillator Cobalt
Laser Pistol
Max Damage: 35
DPS: 46.17
DPP: 4.2404
Recommended Level: 55

Mayhem Scintillator Heliotrope
Laser Pistol
Max Damage: 52
DPS: 68.6
DPP: 4.2414
Recommended Level: 75

Mayhem Scintillator Viridian
Laser Pistol
Max Damage: 65
DPS: 85.75
DPP: 4.2428
Recommended Level: 95

These parameters will be corrected in an upcoming patch.

Apologies for any confusion or inconvenience this issue may cause.

Originally Posted Here

Wow...war incoming I guess...
This is a really bad move

MA is just trying to avoid the whole issue that ND just created.

Good move, make it as promised. MA looks like they are going to start working on keeping promises and integrity.

Really, looks pretty correct to me.

It is correct. I was just imagining how the winners will be pissed...
For "bad move" I meant permitting the outcome of an incorrect item

The winners have no reason to be pissed. These are the stats that were originally promised.

Now... if any over-eager buyers already purchased one from the winners...

Probably should have waited ;)

Winners shouldn't be pissed, but the buyers of said weapon if any sold should be.

"And for flying fuck monkey balls sack sake" (source: tacotuesday), put in some quality control.

Not pissed at it, it is as they promissed.

The only thing I find kinda sad though, is that the same thing happened with the XTLC series, they did not revert that, but they do it now.

We all know why, we all know who that person is that reported it, just cause he didn't get a prize this time. If he gets something better than promised, he doesn't say a word & waits til it can't be corrected anymore. I made it public by making screenshots and the first thing he does, is make a complaint @ support. Sad people are sad, and I know now what kind of person he is :)

But the change itself is fine, I won't whine about it, the guns will be as promised, and I'm fine with that :) I just find it sad that for some people they do more than for others :)

If they are gonna correct them maybe someone should look at the requirements for the
pistols? They are far too high compared to other SIB guns with similar damage output.
I might be wrong but what do i know, im not a game dev ^^

My, how scintillating.

So MindArk, feel free to do this corrections, but if you do, you should be consistent and do the same things with all previous prizes.

For example, the XTLC series:

http://www.planetcalypso.com/events/easter-mayhem-2016/

You then also mentioned it would be 40 attacks per minute.
The guns received 44 attacks per minute

Same for the range, for example, the XTLC 1000 was suppose to have 84 range, but instead has 92 range.

So the XTLC series received 10% higher apm & range than what was said they would give.
The Scintillator Series received the exact same 10% higher apm & range than what was said they would give.

Why "correct" the Scintillator Series, but not the XTLC Series?

So if you "correct" the guns, then correct all and keep the balance. The Scintillator Series guns were FAR worse than any other gun on their level. The current "raise" of 10% made them EXACTLY similar to other guns on that level. So to me, this looks like a fair balance.

I don't mind if you change them back to what was promised, but then you have to be consistent, and do the same for all. Change back ALL the event prizes from history to what they were promised if you change this series. They have all received this exact same raise compared to what was mentioned before their events (10% more apm & 10% more range), so it's only fair that if you change 1, you change all.

Thanks.

Last edited:
If i had won one wouldn't be to bothered.

If i had recently bought one i would be extremely pissed.

As i did neither i don't really care. :laugh::laugh:

Well the thing is, the exact same 10% buff happend in every event up until now, and I counted on it when I decided to compete for first place, because I had calculated it, and I saw that the gun was exactly that much below the other guns on that level, so I knew that this 10% boost would make the gun identical to other guns on the same level.

So if they revert it, they gotta revert all guns with this same mistake and bring back the balance.

As I said, I don't mind that they revert it, all I ask is that they do it with all guns with this same issue then, because every single prize ever won in events had this exact same raise compared to what was stated before those events.

Lowering this gun, but not doing the same thing with the others would make it very unbalanced, right now it's similar to other guns. So either revert all or none. So yeah, MindArk, feel free to revert the stats, but do it on all guns then, thanks :)

If i had won one wouldn't be to bothered.

If i had recently bought one i would be extremely pissed.

As i did neither i don't really care. :laugh::laugh:

The morals are strong in this one, who cares if its shit for others right??

We all know why, we all know who that person is that reported it, just cause he didn't get a prize this time. If he gets something better than promised, he doesn't say a word & waits til it can't be corrected anymore. I made it public by making screenshots and the first thing he does, is make a complaint @ support. Sad people are sad, and I know now what kind of person he is :)

Curiosity killed the cat, or so they say, but seems odd anyone is that bitter?

Last edited:
I hate to say it but I believe the guns should stay as they were released ingame. Once released you have too many issues if anyone considered selling/buying the gun and then having the stats change. It is a tricky situation; the guns were under-powered for prizes in my opinion. If they keep the stats they currently have, they are still not the biggest dps guns ingame and were awarded for what is meant to be the biggest event per year ingame (Yes I realize they are very powerful at this attack speed).

The CDF 1000, 800, 600, etc. were all released with more attack speed than mentioned originally. I see they have maintained the attacks. I'll support MindArk's decision in whatever they pick.

Having supported MA's decision, I still have a lot of trouble understanding how this has happened. A grand total of 8 guns are being awarded, all of which have incorrect stats? Please find a tester or checker before releasing items in the future. With the amount of money that changes hands in this game it is only fair to the players.

If the guns are switched back to the stats stated on the clientloader, it wouldn't necessary be "unfair" to the winners. It would be sad for the winners to go from pleasantly surprised by the higher statistics to disappointed about their prize (even though they "won" it). It would be unfair to the guy who over-deposited to buy one of the guns (even if he/she didn't buy one). It would be unfair to the people who started selling gear to afford one of the guns (even if he/she didn't buy one).

I believe that action should be taken if the guns were released with absolutely insane unbalance. The Terminator was released with the closest thing to this lack of balance as a reward for a video (along with Supremacy Armor M). Look how many years it took to release a gun with even close to those statistics? 2004 to 2014 - about 10 years. Nothing was ever done about that gun as it won contest after contest. MMOWC 2009, Halloween Mayhem 2015, Christmas Mayhem 2007, 2014 x 7 prizes, 2015 x 5 prizes, and probably countless others that I'm leaving out. That gun wasn't even as horribly off-balanced as I believe would be required to have MA intervene. I'm talking Marco v1 lack of balance.

Christmas Mayhem has long since been THE event of Entropia. The statistics of the guns were stated and people planned their expenses accordingly. The prizes were awarded and people got a different flavor of guns to evaluate. The price is undoubtedly higher than it was advertised to be. They are GREAT weapons with the upgrade, no doubt. They are not GOD weapons. The 1st prize gun maybe borderline too much dps/eco, but 2 x 1st place guns aren't going to undermine the entire gun economy. The gun's upgraded stats almost make more sense to me than the original stats tbh. It isn't that great of a prize for Xmas Mayhem without the boost. Not to mention the cost associated with winning these prizes.

Again, I support whatever MA picks here.

Joe Jeff Squall tt'd his Oreamp and they changed their policy to allow for people to pay 1k to buy back tt'd items.
Mary Jane sold 100k worth of deeds for far too low in the auction and MA helped undo the deal.
Mayhem guns awarded with incorrect stats and MA takes them back to correct them.

Extreme situations call for action I suppose. I don't believe this is extreme enough to require it.

Happy HoFFing all!

Reactions: Aio
Having supported MA's decision, I still have a lot of trouble understanding how this has happened. A grand total of 8 guns are being awarded, all of which have incorrect stats? Please find a tester or checker before releasing items in the future. With the amount of money that changes hands in this game it is only fair to the players.

I'm looking forward to next weeks results of Merry Mayhem. Why? Because of this:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...rry-Mayhem-2016-Results-Free-For-All-Category

The results for the solo category require additional verification, due to reports of potential abuses related to team mechanics. We plan to release those results next week.

I say start banning. 6 months, not permanent, just enough to 'discourage'.

As for the screwup, yeah very unfortunate. However what I do like is how fast MA have acknowledged and will fix it.

Why it happened? I'll be informed on that as quickly as to why my new 'Black' Gold card didn't work on January 1st 2017, but the older 'Gold coloured' ones did. ie 'Never'.

If they are gonna correct them maybe someone should look at the requirements for the
pistols? They are far too high compared to other SIB guns with similar damage output.

Nope, just an alt :ahh:

I hate to say it but I believe the guns should stay as they were released ingame. Once released you have too many issues if anyone considered selling/buying the gun and then having the stats change. It is a tricky situation; the guns were under-powered for prizes in my opinion. If they keep the stats they currently have, they are still not the biggest dps guns ingame and were awarded for what is meant to be the biggest event per year ingame (Yes I realize they are very powerful at this attack speed).

The CDF 1000, 800, 600, etc. were all released with more attack speed than mentioned originally. I see they have maintained the attacks. I'll support MindArk's decision in whatever they pick.

If the guns are switched back to the stats stated on the clientloader, it wouldn't necessary be "unfair" to the winners. It would be sad for the winners to go from pleasantly surprised by the higher statistics to disappointed about their prize (even though they "won" it). It would be unfair to the guy who over-deposited to buy one of the guns (even if he/she didn't buy one). It would be unfair to the people who started selling gear to afford one of the guns (even if he/she didn't buy one).

I believe that action should be taken if the guns were released with absolutely insane unbalance. The Terminator was released with the closest thing to this lack of balance as a reward for a video (along with Supremacy Armor M). Look how many years it took to release a gun with even close to those statistics? 2004 to 2014 - about 10 years. Nothing was ever done about that gun as it won contest after contest. MMOWC 2009, Halloween Mayhem 2015, Christmas Mayhem 2007, 2014 x 7 prizes, 2015 x 5 prizes, and probably countless others that I'm leaving out. That gun wasn't even as horribly off-balanced as I believe would be required to have MA intervene. I'm talking Marco v1 lack of balance.

Christmas Mayhem has long since been THE event of Entropia. The statistics of the guns were stated and people planned their expenses accordingly. The prizes were awarded and people got a different flavor of guns to evaluate. The price is undoubtedly higher than it was advertised to be. They are GREAT weapons with the upgrade, no doubt. They are not GOD weapons. The 1st prize gun maybe borderline too much dps/eco, but 2 x 1st place guns aren't going to undermine the entire gun economy. The gun's upgraded stats almost make more sense to me than the original stats tbh. It isn't that great of a prize for Xmas Mayhem without the boost. Not to mention the cost associated with winning these prizes.

Joe Jeff Squall tt'd his Oreamp and they changed their policy to allow for people to pay 1k to buy back tt'd items.
Mary Jane sold 100k worth of deeds for far too low in the auction and MA helped undo the deal.
Mayhem guns awarded with incorrect stats and MA takes them back to correct them.

Extreme situations call for action I suppose. I don't believe this is extreme enough to require it.

Happy HoFFing all!

Most sensible post in the thread (minus the fake niceness we all need at the bottom ;))

Unfotunately MA are as someone else put it, consistently inconsistent.

Happy HoFFing all!

The stats were announced. No confirmation of the new stats was given. The buyers should have been well aware of the gamble they were taking by purchasing items with incorrect stats prior to any official communication from MA on the matter.

It's a shitty situation and MA have embarrassed themselves once again, but I believe they chose the best course of action.

Unfortunately it wasn't consistent with past decisions. As people have pointed out. But I don't think we should hold that against them. This isn't the same team that designed the terminator.

Last edited:

Why other SIB guns have not 1% Crit increase, so a higher requirement is ok, imho
Beside that its awesome eco guns

The morals are strong in this one, who cares if its shit for others right??

Well at end of day is MA's decision, but i do think if given out then stats should remain as given. If one has been sold etc just creates a shit storm , also what happened with the Mayhem guns being left.

But MA's call.

I was posting in jest :).

If MA changes the stats on these then they should change the XTLC series as well.

Nuff said

All the guns rewarded in the past wich got suprisingly upgraded got this similar 10% extra bonus. The fact that all guns have exact same 10% bonus upgrade means to me that this was clearly no mistake of MA, and if it was, they should already have seen this during the rewarding of earlier guns and had time to change their codes. A double check of the stats of rewarded items is not that hard aswell! Therefore i vote: Keep the stats of the guns how you rewarded them AND if it was not indended to upgrade, FIX your shit next time you do!

my opinion (although i am just a litle radar in the community of EU)

Gratz to the winners anyhow!

Back