Known Issue - Mayhem Scintillator Series

Hmm I think the stats on the ring did change.

It says the xmas ring got 20m range on detecting harvasting trees.

Doing a test with and without ring showes equal range on finding the tree nodes.

ring equiped = 35m
PH- tool equiped = 35m
ring + tool = same = 35m

Only positive difference is that you can equip any other tool while running near trees to detect those trees. While unequipping the ring, you will need to use the PH- Tools to detect.

So the range stated on the website (+20m more range) is false.

- Rocky

Rings have changed indeed, it even says so on the stats as well ingame. It's a different range than mentioned.

Hmm I think the stats on the ring did change.

It says the xmas ring got 20m range on detecting harvasting trees.

Doing a test with and without ring showes equal range on finding the tree nodes.

ring equiped = 35m
PH- tool equiped = 35m
ring + tool = same = 35m

Only positive difference is that you can equip any other tool while running near trees to detect those trees. While unequipping the ring, you will need to use the PH- Tools to detect.

So the range stated on the website (+20m more range) is false.

- Rocky

Oh noes. Harvesting a useless resource doesn't work. Buying Christmas ring 1k.

:D

(Report it, likely a typo)

I didn't add this to my post - the extension of the event for 1 more week did indeed cause some of us to drop out. I had over 450k points and sold them because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with first place (without overspending). I sold my points. I do believe that a bit of compensation for winners due to that extension wouldn't hurt anyone; the gun stats as is could be that compensation.

Agreed. It's really no sweat off their sac to just leave the guns as is. Is having those guns in the game with the current stats really going to affect their bottom line? No. What's more - will it affect the markup of similar guns like mod merc at the highest end of the spectrum? Doubtful. Is changing the guns going to piss a LOT of people off in the community (specifically the people that spend the MOST in EU) and have them lose more trust in MA? You bet your ass it will!

There was a gold card login issue for a couple days affecting a select group of participants and they extended the event an entire week which seems a poor solution with additional consequences. All it really served to do was suck more peds from the players and making it cost even more to stay competitive with the FFA points.

As was pointed out, this is not the first time the prizes have come in with better stats that announced. Perhaps leave the guns as they are this time and next time maybe try to release the guns with the stats specified from day one. Or add a disclaimer saying "with stats at least this good" when showcasing the guns for events. Or state clearly that "the stats posted will be final. Should the guns be given out with different stats they will be corrected to this value. Do not participate in this event on the assumption that the stats of the prizes will be anything other than specified here based on previous event prizes.".

As it stands, I really don't think too many people are bitching that "well if I KNEW the gun was going to be THAT good I would have spent more". However, I do see many people bitching especially those who may have already bought the guns from the winners for a set price without realizing MA was gonna pull the ol' bait and switch cutting the value of the guns they just bought to a fraction of what they just paid.

MA take a moment to REALLY THINK about this decision to change the stats on these guns and the consequences of your actions here. Perhaps waiting till next merry mayhem to change your SOP for event prizes is the right move instead. Otherwise those people that spent tens of thousands of dollars in your event may not even be playing EU next year if this is the kind of treatment they can expect for their investment and trust.

It's rather absurd that people are complaining that mindark is going to correct their mistake that they have already stated is wrong.

So in summary:
People participated because they were going to win the prizes advertised, mindark makes an error and gives the gun better stats and states they will be correcting them, the winners cry because they will be getting the prizes with the parameters advertised and claims it's not fair they fix the bug....(which should have been done immediately though because shady sellers will sell based on those stats and not disclose the correction because well.. ethics in this game are generally not found in the uber camp).

Oooohkay...do what you say you're going to do.. and implement some quality control.

i like it that they changed it. at least for once they fixed something that shouldnt have been like that and they did it relatively fast.
the guns were advertised with stats they got now. so everyone should be fine.
if you are participating in an event on the assumption that the prices will be different than advertised then this is pretty much ur own fault. for once MA didnt lie and made it as it should be. be proud of it.

If this is accurate, I don't see the problem. People ended up with the exact weapons that were advertised.

It's rather absurd that people are complaining that mindark is going to correct their mistake that they have already stated is wrong.

So in summary:
People participated because they were going to win the prizes advertised, mindark makes an error and gives the gun better stats and states they will be correcting them, the winners cry because they will be getting the prizes with the parameters advertised and claims it's not fair they fix the bug....(which should have been done immediately though because shady sellers will sell based on those stats and not disclose the correction because well.. ethics in this game are generally not found in the uber camp).

Oooohkay...do what you say you're going to do.. and implement some quality control.

So in summary:

I remember owning the LC-300 UL.

Last edited:
If people feel strongly about older items that they think were released incorrectly, it's up to them to make a thread about it or they can send a support case. It doesn't alter the fact that MA should fix an error where they find it, like with these pistols.

It shouldn't be a different topic if it's the exact same issue.
All newly made event guns have the exact same stats increase. So if it's a bug, then they're all bugged, and then all those guns have the same bug.

It shouldn't be a different topic if it's the exact same issue.
All newly made event guns have the exact same stats increase. So if it's a bug, then they're all bugged, and then all those guns have the same bug.

They are different guns and events and therefore different topics. I'm just happy MA noticed a error they made quickly and have fixed it before much damage could be done.

If you want last years guns to be fixed then I have no problem with you sending a support case to MA, it's MA's game and up to them if they view last years guns as a error they want to fix.

Ultimately, just because MA didn't fix a past error, is not a good reason to ignore fixing a new one.

Deleted...….

Last edited:
They are different guns and events and therefore different topics. I'm just happy MA noticed a error they made quickly and have fixed it before much damage could be done.

If you want last years guns to be fixed then I have no problem with you sending a support case to MA, it's MA's game and up to them if they view last years guns as a error they want to fix.

Ultimately, just because MA didn't fix a past error, is not a good reason to ignore fixing a new one.

No it's still not a different thing.
It's the exact same issue.
It's clearly not that the person typed different numbers, it's obviously in code, because it's the exact same %.

What you are saying is:

The bank normally charges you 50$ per year for your bank account
They changed something in their code, and suddenly it accidentally multiplies by 10, so it charges you 500$.

You see it only after 2 years, and you say "hey, you charged me 500$ instead of 50$"
and then the bank says "ok, we will fix that".
Then you see they did the same last year and ask to fix that too, and they respond
"oh no, we won't fix that, that was 1 year ago, we don't see it as the same anymore"

No offense, but if it's the exact same issue that caused the change, then it's part of the same fix.

No it's still not a different thing.
It's the exact same issue.
It's clearly not that the person typed different numbers, it's obviously in code, because it's the exact same %.

What you are saying is:

The bank normally charges you 50$ per year for your bank account
They changed something in their code, and suddenly it accidentally multiplies by 10, so it charges you 500$.

You see it only after 2 years, and you say "hey, you charged me 500$ instead of 50$"
and then the bank says "ok, we will fix that".
Then you see they did the same last year and ask to fix that too, and they respond
"oh no, we won't fix that, that was 1 year ago, we don't see it as the same anymore"

No offense, but if it's the exact same issue that caused the change, then it's part of the same fix.

The way you word it makes you look the victim.

It's more like the bank agreed to give you $50 but gave you $500 and rightly is asking for the $450 back.

As only 3 days had past since the mistake it's a reasonable request as the money probably has not been spent.

But, after a year, it may not be a reasonable request as the money has long been spent, and they would be asking for the money back from a totally different person.

That's why it's a different issue. Just because Mindark made a previous error is not a good reason to not fix this one, but I suppose you will say it is because you want to keep the $450.

The way you word it makes you look the victim.

It's more like the bank agreed to give you $50 but gave you $500 and rightly is asking for the $450 back.

As only 3 days had past since the mistake it's a reasonable request as the money probably has not been spent.

But, after a year, it may not be a reasonable request as the money has long been spent, and they would be asking for the money back from a totally different person.

That's why it's a different issue. Just because Mindark made a previous error is not a good reason to not fix this one, but I suppose you will say it is because you want to keep the $450.

Is this. Nothing more to debate here. Mindark fixed a bug. Case closed.

Is this. Nothing more to debate here. Mindark fixed a bug. Case closed.

I agree.
But then fix the previous bugs as well.
And as someone else already said, implement some f*ing quality control.
Then no one would need to argue about such things, and we`d spend time and money in game...

So, every time MA makes a mistake, they need to go back and correct every instance of that mistake since the beginning of time, before being justified in correcting the mistake?

Seems a little unreasonable :dunno:

Let's say the situation was reversed. MA reduced the stats on the previous year's rewards and kept it that way. And this year they made the same mistake and decided to fix it. Would you still be complaining?

Personally I would say something like, "I don't care about the past, give me what you promised, or you're basically stealing from me!"

But maybe you're a better person than me! :laugh:

I agree.
But then fix the previous bugs as well.
And as someone else already said, implement some f*ing quality control.
Then no one would need to argue about such things, and we`d spend time and money in game...

Except there's nothing to really be arguing about. He got what was advertised. End of story.

XTLC series stats should never have been what was advertised. They are event guns (x800 n 1k certainly are) not grinder guns unlike the new scinti series. And expecting to get 10% more than what was advertised is... strange to say the least.

Known Issue - Mayhem Scintillator Series
Biggest issue - i don't have such a weapon and could not find it on trade terminal.
One was on auction for 200k.
It google translate in run a way from such expensive game!!!

Last edited:
Biggest issue - i don't have such a weapon and could not find it on trade terminal.

Coming to the web shop soon!

(Of course, it will be account bound.. )

So, every time MA makes a mistake, they need to go back and correct every instance of that mistake since the beginning of time, before being justified in correcting the mistake?

Seems a little unreasonable :dunno:

Let's say the situation was reversed. MA reduced the stats on the previous year's rewards and kept it that way. And this year they made the same mistake and decided to fix it. Would you still be complaining?

Personally I would say something like, "I don't care about the past, give me what you promised, or you're basically stealing from me!"

But maybe you're a better person than me! :laugh:

I think I am the better person then, because guess what:
1. I ask them to lower XTLC guns too.
2. I own an XTLC gun myself!

So basically, what I say is that they have to lower the gun I use myself as well.

Why? Because it's the right way to do.

To those who say they don't have to fix things from the past:
The "fix" of the current set is also from the past, because these guns were also handed out days before that.
When is something considered the past and when not? 3 days ago is not past according to some?

So if 2 people murdered someone, 1 did that 3 days ago, and 1 did that 6 months ago, the 1 who murdered someone 3 days ago should be punished, but the 1 from 6 months ago shouldn't because "it's an issue from the past"?
Sorry, but that's bullshit to me, it's the same crime, and should be punished the same way.
Just like now, if it's the same bug, then they should be fixed the same way.
If in my example of murder, there was no law yet about this, then you either say "we make a law that goes back in time" or "we make a law for the future, so it doesn't happen again".

The whole thing I'm trying to say is not that they should or should not fix it, the only things I say is that they be consequent.

1. They change all guns in the past, no, matter how long ago that past is, because the past is the past
2. They don't change those, but make an announcement for future events & actually do quality control about it.

Fixing 1 mistake from the past but not another "exactly the same issue", because 1 is further ago in time than another is not a fair thing to do. All should have the exact same treatment, as it's the same issue.

Bertha Bot said:
Due to an unprecedented case of poor winner's syndrome, we have decided to remove the items from this event altogether and refund all expenditure during the event. In the future, prizes will be mere tokens of participation rather than actual items, as we just can't trust the player base not to act like literal children when we make an implementation mistake and try to revert back to what was originally promised in the prize description.

We at MindArk would also like to note that we are updating the EULA in that not only do we not allow participants who are under age 18 to play without guardians permission, we now also expressly deny participants who have the mental age of a child to own an account also.

I prefer this reality.

Can't imagine acting like this, publicly, I'd just be embarrassed :ahh:

I think what is distasteful is that Mindark have said what they are going to do, fix these guns, and they will not back down on that, that is 100% certain. To keep 'kicking up a fuss' to force Mindark to nerf previous items is kind of obnoxious. Mindark are maybe within their rights to do so, but it won't benefit the current event winners, just hurt other players.

"Bugged" 1x0 axe anyone? :rolleyes:

"Bugged" 1x0 axe anyone? :rolleyes:

Right? There have been so many bugged items, missions, etc,

To expect Mindark to go back and compensate or penalize every player that benefited/lost PED before implementing a bug fix would be insanity. Nothing would ever get done.

To expect Mindark to go back and compensate or penalize every player that benefited/lost PED before implementing a bug fix would be insanity. Nothing would ever get done.

Yes there have been so many that players start to see the pattern.
One of many methods called "carrot"...
And not always is needed to fixs stats, MA can be very resourceful.
Just remember one of first big nerfs about 14 years a go - no stats was changed but you suddenly started to heal with 1/4 fap power when running. So dude who paid for mod fap was very happy to have 40 heal points on disposition instead of 160.
Axe, whip,... and what not changing carrot stats every time they were short with imagination.
But there were better times like having implant 10 witch was able to hold lvl 10 chips and ppl waited many years for that chips to drop what never happened.
Im sure that owners of scintillator carrots will be happy with bug fix and change stats because suggested solution is way better than MA original high lvl intuitive solutions like with ES500.
I mean better to change stats than keep stats and be able to shoot once in every 5 minutes.

Last edited:
There was a bug with Project Entropia, it should have never existed, please fix that to:)

And Axe 1x0 sold for what, +50? Weren't thousands (or anything) spent on tiering either.

Back