Known Issue - Mayhem Scintillator Series

in my opinion, this and other MA/partner screwups impacting the balance should not be fixed by leaving it as is as it is as they will criple the economy, just some examples
* modfap sga with its skillgain
* terminator gun with its dps
* limited est armor with its unlimited buffs
* the rare gun issued outside of competition by ND
* wrong stats in the issued guns (this thread)
MA should have issued another compensation for them which since its a RCE should be cold hard peds (compensation section in the pedcard anyone?)
* suggestion - deduct it from the salary of the ones who screwed up sure they will be more motivated to check the details next time?
indeed,it put the pointgatherers in an very difficult spot,so compensation in some kind would be very fair,let it be current stats then on the awarded guns

I know you spend, dont give me wrong but serious, you could have gotten a MK2 with that loan. And besides why go in dept when you told me, you only was going to hunt in events from now on?

Well, part of the debt I had before the event, the thing was, I could either pay it off, or go for the event. I went for the event.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Cake and more cake and NO MORE SIGHING the lady guys :p

Happy Rampsy? :p hahhaha

changed cuz i misunderstood the post

Last edited:
hunter? then that hunter most have chipped out, cuz that hunter has less skills then me in hunting :p

and dont sigh at the lady :p ruuuuuuuuuude :p

in my opinion, this and other MA/partner screwups impacting the balance should not be fixed by leaving it as is as it is as they will criple the economy, just some examples
* modfap sga with its skillgain
* terminator gun with its dps
* limited est armor with its unlimited buffs
* the rare gun issued outside of competition by ND
* wrong stats in the issued guns (this thread)
MA should have issued another compensation for them which since its a RCE should be cold hard peds (compensation section in the pedcard anyone?)
* suggestion - deduct it from the salary of the ones who screwed up sure they will be more motivated to check the details next time?

Solution : get some employees with a modicom of IQ and basic common sense.

Rgds

Ace

Cake and more cake and NO MORE SIGHING the lady guys :p

Happy Rampsy? :p hahhaha

changed cuz i misunderstood the post

Yes, I like Cake as much as the lady does :)

Changed my post due to the change of Euphoria's post :)

Last edited:
So many fuck ups in the past and none ever got fixed
The only fixed was the XTLC reload bug that existed and only got proved it wasnt bugged after a hotfix ther was and after all the damage wasdone :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But this is just looking worse
more fuck ups in less period of time

If they changed this item, all should be changed, no exceptions

That is the SHOULD... but for MA that never happens, depends to who only since so many rules are still broken by few but it is still fine

I loged in today to check withdrawl status and sale status
Some friends saw me on and told me some news, reminded me why i started getting away from EU even tho, i didnt leave because i lost my ass off, because gladly i can say the oposite, but there is just no trust at all anymore

I've witnessed
- players been banned for buying shit on auction rightfully (Even tho it'd suck for MJ
- players using alts for economical advantage and some getting banned, but a obvious group of others, not
- players using bots to autohunt, all they get is a temp ban and MA asks them not to do again, yet they do, what about those guys in the past? that got perma banned and lost their shit? how fair si that
- stats changed on weapons, this is the case
- stats changed on weapons to benifict and make ppl win shit off it, no penalty
- accounts bought and sold, some rumors, true, some aint, confirmation is out there.

and i could list many more
it just doesnt look good :|
The only thing that kept me longer is some friends

Reactions: SHY
heh I'm with star on this one.. they shouldn't change it when it's only a minor fuckup like this.

And to this guy buying a 1st place and telling it was done based on the 10% increase... I'm speechless.. you can't seriously blame MA for this as it's only been done one with Xtlc and you had the odds against you all the way. Stop playing this card it only makes you look bad.

The event extension is actually very relevant.
I've spent 70k-80k peds by then, and was sure I had enough to win at that moment.
By extending the event 7 days, I had to spend another 30-40k peds to be certain of the win.

Really? Because in another thread you said:

I was planning to stop and sell my points, I had like 200k when I did my rage :p
at that point a few people came to sell me like 400k, which brought my hopes up so much. I wouldn't have been able to do it without them.

Which would mean you were paying around 25-30 pec/point before the extension, and about 2-3 pec/point after it. Or you're talking bollocks.

Really? Because in another thread you said:

Which would mean you were paying around 25-30 pec/point before the extension, and about 2-3 pec/point after it. Or you're talking bollocks.

The first is correct.
The 200k was an underestimation, because I did not want the other competitors to know how much points I really had. If I want to get first place, I'm not going to post "Hey, message to the other players, I have 1.4 million points! now you know how much I have so you can beat me." I thought that much would be obvious, no? :)

The event extension is actually very relevant.
I've spent 70k-80k peds by then, and was sure I had enough to win at that moment.
By extending the event 7 days, I had to spend another 30-40k peds to be certain of the win.

So extending the event is VERY relevant, because I then had the choice to:
1. Spend 30-40k more peds
2. Sell all my points if I wanted to drop out, and due to their extension, points value had dropped, which means I would have been able to recover maybe 40k of the 70-80k I had spent on them.

I had spent 70-80k with the knowledge of a fixed end date of the event, knowing it was enough. Their extension is therefor very relevant to this. MindArk created this issue that more money had to be spent and have put me in a decision where I either lose 30k or spend 30k more.

Wait what?! You spent 120k ped to win something worth less then half that? Am I reading this right?

Wait what?! You spent 120k ped to win something worth less then half that? Am I reading this right?

But of course he knew and was certain the prize would be 10% better than stated. But it wasn't. And even if it was, it was still worse than a mod merc, so not worth 120k.

I think you should go back to running your two companies which take up so much time you'll only be able to play events (your words) Rampsy. Or make something else up for Easter mayhem :laugh:

The first is correct.
The 200k was an underestimation, because I did not want the other competitors to know how much points I really had. If I want to get first place, I'm not going to post "Hey, message to the other players, I have 1.4 million points! now you know how much I have so you can beat me." I thought that much would be obvious, no? :)

The post I quoted, in which you claim to have only got 200k points when the extension was announced, was in the results thread. The one that says you already won and exactly how many points you had.

So someone made a 120 kPED click, and it was a near success.

By now it should be obvious that FFA wasn't a good idea after all. Sure, many farmers loved it, but the concentration of risk is just too high.

edit: to clarify - I believe people should be free to waste their money in any manner they want. It's just that in a setup like this even minor mistakes may have yuuuge consequences.

To those that seem to like to bash on me. I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
It's not that I say they can't revert the stats. What I'm saying is, they have to be consistent, they either change all the bugged guns or none.

So if they revert these guns, they gotta do the same with the XTLC guns.
So either all or none, that's the only option.
Reverting these, but not reverting the previous ones, show incompetence & corruption.
MindArk knew about the XTLC as well, and those are also much much stronger than the guns of this event. They decided to keep it quiet because they were in hands of friends of MindArk. Now that that is not the case they suddenly want to revert them, but only the new guns? that's a no go to me.

That I took a risk, is something I know and completely irrelevant in this whole discussion, cause I nowhere mentioned that a revert can't happen. I only said that if they don't revert XTLC, neither should they revert these guns. If they do revert these guns, so should they revert XTLC.

1 last time, so it's clear for everyone what my whole point in this discussion is:
all bugged guns or nothing!

If I really wanted to keep the stats, I would have just kept the stats of my gun quiet and nobody would have known about the increase, the exact same way as previous winners did. I was actually the one making the screenshots & mentioning the increase in the other topic...
But apparently, being the first to be honest about it, seems to be the reason to bash on someone and make him lose on his investment, while people who lied & kept things secret, apparently can keep their value according to some here?
Strange community...

Last edited:
I didn't add this to my post - the extension of the event for 1 more week did indeed cause some of us to drop out. I had over 450k points and sold them because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with first place (without overspending). I sold my points. I do believe that a bit of compensation for winners due to that extension wouldn't hurt anyone; the gun stats as is could be that compensation.

So if they revert these guns, they gotta do the same with the XTLC guns.
So either all or none, that's the only option.
Reverting these, but not reverting the previous ones, show incompetence & corruption.
MindArk knew about the XTLC as well, and those are also much much stronger than the guns of this event. They decided to keep it quiet because they were in hands of friends of MindArk. Now that that is not the case they suddenly want to revert them, but only the new guns? that's a no go to me.

That I took a risk, is something I know and completely irrelevant in this whole discussion, cause I nowhere mentioned that a revert can't happen. I only said that if they don't revert XTLC, neither should they revert these guns. If they do revert these guns, so should they revert XTLC.

1 last time, so it's clear for everyone what my whole point in this discussion is:
all bugged guns or nothing!

If I really wanted to keep the stats, I would have just kept the stats of my gun quiet and nobody would have known about the increase, the exact same way as previous winners did. I was actually the one making the screenshots & mentioning the increase in the other topic...
But apparently, being the first to be honest about it, seems to be the reason to bash on someone and make him lose on his investment, while people who lied & kept things secret, apparently can keep their value according to some here?
Strange community...

I've kept out of this topic as its impossible for me not to be biased but you've crossed a line as far as I'm concerned. I won the 2nd XTLC 1000 and purchased a T10 XTLC 800 to skill up to use my prize which has been tiered up at great expense over the last two years.

I don't consider myself a friend of Mindark, I'm a normal player just like everyone else and I've never lied or kept anything secret. As there's only 3 such guns ingame its hard for me not to take your words as a personal slight on my name.

Now to your insistence that reducing the stats on your gun means they must reduce them on the XTLC series its a load of nonsense. Yes they have 10% reload more than was initially announced but the time for correcting it has long passed. They have been bought, sold, tiered and won various event prizes over the years based on current stats and are part of the game in their current form. Should all prizes any XTLC has won be taken back as they possibly wouldn't have been won with 4 less reload? That would be the final conclusion to your argument and its ridiculous. These two cases do not have the same resolution, this series of guns has existed less than a week and Mindark have very swiftly made their decision known.

Now my opinion on their decision is that I don't agree, they should leave them as they are. Currently your gun has similar stats to a modmerc which at L95 req and first prize in MM it is worthy of even if it was not the published stats. Your post about your extra expense due to the time increase is valid and should be considered, I totally agree with Fluske's post and later Stars.

I hate to say it but I believe the guns should stay as they were released ingame. Once released you have too many issues if anyone considered selling/buying the gun and then having the stats change. It is a tricky situation; the guns were under-powered for prizes in my opinion. If they keep the stats they currently have, they are still not the biggest dps guns ingame and were awarded for what is meant to be the biggest event per year ingame (Yes I realize they are very powerful at this attack speed).

The CDF 1000, 800, 600, etc. were all released with more attack speed than mentioned originally. I see they have maintained the attacks. I'll support MindArk's decision in whatever they pick.

Having supported MA's decision, I still have a lot of trouble understanding how this has happened. A grand total of 8 guns are being awarded, all of which have incorrect stats? Please find a tester or checker before releasing items in the future. With the amount of money that changes hands in this game it is only fair to the players.

If the guns are switched back to the stats stated on the clientloader, it wouldn't necessary be "unfair" to the winners. It would be sad for the winners to go from pleasantly surprised by the higher statistics to disappointed about their prize (even though they "won" it). It would be unfair to the guy who over-deposited to buy one of the guns (even if he/she didn't buy one). It would be unfair to the people who started selling gear to afford one of the guns (even if he/she didn't buy one).

I believe that action should be taken if the guns were released with absolutely insane unbalance. The Terminator was released with the closest thing to this lack of balance as a reward for a video (along with Supremacy Armor M). Look how many years it took to release a gun with even close to those statistics? 2004 to 2014 - about 10 years. Nothing was ever done about that gun as it won contest after contest. MMOWC 2009, Halloween Mayhem 2015, Christmas Mayhem 2007, 2014 x 7 prizes, 2015 x 5 prizes, and probably countless others that I'm leaving out. That gun wasn't even as horribly off-balanced as I believe would be required to have MA intervene. I'm talking Marco v1 lack of balance.

Christmas Mayhem has long since been THE event of Entropia. The statistics of the guns were stated and people planned their expenses accordingly. The prizes were awarded and people got a different flavor of guns to evaluate. The price is undoubtedly higher than it was advertised to be. They are GREAT weapons with the upgrade, no doubt. They are not GOD weapons. The 1st prize gun maybe borderline too much dps/eco, but 2 x 1st place guns aren't going to undermine the entire gun economy. The gun's upgraded stats almost make more sense to me than the original stats tbh. It isn't that great of a prize for Xmas Mayhem without the boost. Not to mention the cost associated with winning these prizes.

Again, I support whatever MA picks here.

Joe Jeff Squall tt'd his Oreamp and they changed their policy to allow for people to pay 1k to buy back tt'd items.
Mary Jane sold 100k worth of deeds for far too low in the auction and MA helped undo the deal.
Mayhem guns awarded with incorrect stats and MA takes them back to correct them.

Extreme situations call for action I suppose. I don't believe this is extreme enough to require it.

Happy HoFFing all!

What if the guns were issued as intended, but the stats written in forum were incorrect.

If I was MA I'd be thinking, result we'll issue these reduced weapons this year, then next event we'll issue the weapons we originally intended and call it adjusted.

Smiles

Rick

If they were going to change the prizes due to extension of the event, they should have done that when they extended the event and announced it at that time, changing the stats after the event is over is not good.

If they were going to change the prizes due to extension of the event, they should have done that when they extended the event and announced it at that time, changing the stats after the event is over is not good.

True - but they also probably shouldn't have changed tiering after I lost a MLME and POE helmet to the old process. (which I agree needed to be changed and should have never been that way in the first place)

Last edited:
:D

maybe they remove that rigged guns and mmowc armors from people that does not deserve it, and gives to proper winners that still waiting for prizes :D (Dunestone still waiting for his arm guards)

Ok, I will type slowly so you understand.

The reason Dunstone had to wait for his arm guards is because he asked for M arm guards at the last minute (he is female avatar).

MA had to make a M version for him. He got it a few days ago.

It took some extra time. Everyone else took the sex of their avatar, so since those were already made, they all got them quickly.

Each day that goes by you make less and less sense. People are starting to see that you are not always truthful, and spin facts to suit your bias and hate. Just like me! It's funny how similar we are these days...like 2 peas in a pod...we should Netflix and chill! :inbed:

Rules

RULES
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IS LIGHT ON THE RULES AND HEAVY ON THE WAYS TO SCORE BONUS POINTS.. WE DON’T LIKE MAKING RULES THAT ARE HARD TO ENFORCE SO WE LIKE TO KEEP IT SIMPLE..

1. GRIEFERS AND TROLLS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IN THEY INSIST ON SPOILING THE ATMOSPHERE.

2. YOU MUST POST YOUR SCREENSHOTS ON THE DAY OF YOUR EVENT IN ORDER TO KEEP YOUR BONUS POINTS.

3. UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS WE MAY MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR COMPUTER ISSUES. HOWEVER THIS MAY AFFECT YOUR SCORE SO PLEASE DO YOUR BEST.

4. NO FAPPERS OR SUPPORT DAMAGE TEAMS OR OTHER NEFARIOUS TACTICS ALLOWED.

5. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ADJUST THE RULES FROM WEEK TO WEEK TO KEEP THINGS FAIR OR TO ADD MORE EXCITEMENT.

6. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANY ROUNDS AFTER COMPLETING 18 ROUNDS OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.

7. ONLY MYSTERY BOXES LOOTED DURING AN EVENT CAN BE USED DURING THE EVENT.

8. MYSTERY BOXES ARE RUN IN THE ORDER IN WHICH THEY ARE LOOTED .

9. You Can only Score POINTS on A mystery BOX You have looted during the event. Purchased or Traded mystery Boxes are not eligible for Bonus Points.

9. YOU MAY ONLY RUN A MYSTERY BOX INSTANCE IF YOU ARE STREAMING LIVE ON TWITCH.

10. YOU HAVE 60 SECONDS AFTER LOOTING A MYSTERY BOX TO POST IN EVENT CHAT IF U CHOOSE TO RUN YOUR MYSTERY BOX.

11. IF YOU CHOOSE TO RUN YOUR MYSTERY BOX, QUICKLY PASTE YOUR TWITCH STREAM URL IN EVENT CHAT.

12. WHEN TWITCH.TV/POPTROPIATV IS BROADCASTING YOUR TWITCH STREAM YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED IN CHAT OR BY AUDIO COMMENTARY TO RUN YOUR MYSTERYBOX. YOU 30 SECONDS TO STOP HUNTING AND TO MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE MYSTERY BOX ENTRANCE.

14. WARNING: YOU RUN MYSTERY BOXES AT YOUR OWN RISK, YOU MAY GET STUCK IN A DOOR OR BOOTED OR ENCOUNTER ANOTHER BUG. YOU WILL NOT BE COMPENSATED OR BE GIVEN ANOTHER CHANCE.

Maybe I'm missing something here but were the actual stats displayed on the guns changed? If not why should MA even bother mentioning it?

Maybe I'm missing something here but were the actual stats displayed on the guns changed? If not why should MA even bother mentioning it?

All listed on the prizes section of the mayhem website.

Ring stats were there and didn't change....

Hmm I think the stats on the ring did change.

It says the xmas ring got 20m range on detecting harvasting trees.

Doing a test with and without ring showes equal range on finding the tree nodes.

ring equiped = 35m
PH- tool equiped = 35m
ring + tool = same = 35m

Only positive difference is that you can equip any other tool while running near trees to detect those trees. While unequipping the ring, you will need to use the PH- Tools to detect.

So the range stated on the website (+20m more range) is false.

- Rocky

Last edited:
Back