Achievement: Big RL Achievement

Zenzile

Stalker
Society
CRT
Zenzile
berkeley.jpg

berkeley1.jpg

Just got my admission letter from them the other day. Very shocked and pleasantly surprised. I by no means expected or even thought I'd get into their engineering program.

They are the #3 computer science/engineering school in the US right now. #2 place that Google recruits from. #3 for tech startups. Just below Stanford/MIT as far as engineering pretty much. Hey, maybe I can work for MA in the future, lol. Can't wait for uni and can't wait to get into engineering.

http://engineering.berkeley.edu/about/facts-and-figures

Very excited, always wanted to live in California and Berkeley has been a dream school for a long time. I applied to Stanford as well and got denied, but that was to be expected. One of two schools that I actually visited as well and I absolutely loved their campus.

Looking forward to my freshman year, and excited to choose a school (95% sure it will be Berkeley, just need to carefully think before I take on the loan).

How exciting! Very well done, and good luck for the future!

Welcome to hell. Be careful with those college campuses. Keep your head down, study, and play eu. Skip all the hippie shit.

Debt for a degree from there is worth it. It's not a "degree factory" degree.

Welcome to hell. Be careful with those college campuses. Keep your head down, study, and play eu. Skip all the hippie shit.

you forgot - when in doubt pull out

Congratulations! Been there, done that; I've recently graduated from a highly esteemed international university as well. I would suggest study Computer Science related courses, not just for the potential high pay. If you want to go to Stanford after you graduate, for Master or PhD in Computer Science, I would suggest getting involved with a professor, in your early years, whose work you could relate to. Work in that professor's lab and publish two or three research papers in academic journals. The references and experience will help you tremendously. On the other hand, if you do not want to continue down the academic path, you can practice your programming skills during your free time, and compete in ACM ICPC.

I am sure you can find additional information you need, either academically or industrially. It is vital skill set after all. ;)

Hope that helps,
Ivan

Last edited:
Back