PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast
    Avalon Butterfly Erupter
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries

How come Entropia is not more popular?

Just general convo here; feel free to type anything.. nothing formal.

I often wonder why Entropia is not more popular.. like.. more popular than *other games*
    I think that's obvious; don't want to specify other games and get this post removed.

Is it because of lack of advertising?

I think I'm like.. normal.. and intelligent.. and I think this game is like the best MMO out there.
    In terms of "everything"
    I mean - taking everything into consideration; not just graphics and gameplay alone.
    taking into consideration the fact that it's cash-based economy.
    I think the cash-based part would tip the scale every time in comparison to other MMOs...
    how come everyone else doesn't get it..

I feel like.. no subscription fee.. is a perfect reason to at least give Entropia a shot.

(maybe this belongs in the blog section - but no one ever reads that..)

I'm not saying Entropia's dead - I know it's not.
    But I do think that the community is small in comparison to other MMOs...

example.. we all know who the Elites are in this game... we see them at the top of like every event.

the noobs are all on their own level (a small community of their own.. sweat parties etc)

on an optimistic note..

I think we have a cool president of virtual reality..
    I'm hoping there will be some positive change..

Maybe Entropia enters another phase..

such as.. a VR phase.. or something.
    like, let's say VR takes off.. maybe Entropia is the big platform that really dominates that market. idk.

I know there's also a lot of haters and pessimists that even play this game.. I hear a lot of trash talk in the background.. people complaining about the imperfections of the game since they started playing.

I hear that, yet.. I don't think there are all that many issues really.
    I also feel MA deserves a little more credit for their work.

Perhaps I'm just hooked on EU.. but to me. This place is in a way, my home away from home.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Thaddeus Rusty Venture
    Society
    Death Lords
    Images
    We would have thousands of new users if we had vr support. There are no vr mmo yet.

I agree with the bugs, personally I don't see too many.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    dutch fluske
    Society
    AOW
    Images
    i think this forum is responsible for lack of new players,potential new players will check out info at entropia first,and when thye come here they see so much negativity

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fluske View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think this forum is responsible for lack of new players,potential new players will check out info at entropia first,and when thye come here they see so much negativity
    hey ! don't insult helena

Jan Candydog NL Universe
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fluske View Post
    This is indeed one part of it for sure.

One of the reasons I almost never post.
    I just read now and then, and when reading most threads I think there we go again
    Entropia Universe: RCE -> RCNE
    Done with this MuppetShow.
    Have fun, and stay in tune, or was it, stay tuned?

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    @ fluske same goes for twich , you are on a channel a new guy comes asking about the game , what answer he gets "you better don't play the game" if u say u do oke... "what you did 10 years sweating?" we wont be able to do anything about this mentality ! I gave up ...when ppls spend their money they won't listen to any advice

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Andreso Black Highland
    Society
    Kingsajz
    Images
    becouse its RCE, thats make it very expensive to play if you want to do fun staff, and ppl who play games in most cases want to chill out and not have another work

That's quite easy to solve.

Many other games offer much more fun for your spent money.

Sure you can earn some real money in this game, but this is very hard to do so for the casual player.

Also the graphics, the gameplay, the content, the animations, the limited supply of clothing, there is so much to name are several lacking compared to other videogames out there.

Because of these all other more intense worked out videogames, people are adjusting their levels of what is the new norm.

I also think Mind Ark is lazy. They do not have a youtube channel to show any updats or content, they have no twitter, no facebook, they are not networking enough to get in touch with more people.

Advertising your game isn't enough these days. Also I remember the Entropia advertisement being somewhat.. low.. it didn't catch my attention.

Provider
    Isaac Jacob Thorne
    Society
    Shoot'n Loot
    Images
    Well Entropia is listed as an MMO. So the main influx might come from people that have at least minimal MMO experience.

The problem I see is that most people with a gaming history mentioned above do not get at once that your budget is rendering your range of activities here. The generic MMO formula

grind->get better toon skills->get better better equipment->grind again...

will eventually lead to "I have to pay tons of cash to play this game" scenario which isn't unexpected due to the sub zero sum game structure of entropia.

Regards

Isaac

Avalon Butterfly Erupter
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreso View Post
    becouse its RCE, thats make it very expensive to play if you want to do fun staff, and ppl who play games in most cases want to chill out and not have another work
    imho... RCE.. all the more reason to play (the RCE game as opposed to the non-RCE game).... (especially opposed to non-RCE games with a monthly subscription)

in the RCE game when all is said and done.. well.. yes it is possible you lose money.. however, that is also possible in non-rce+subscription game..

um. you can walk away with your investment and possibly more.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast