PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 307
  1. #281
    Slayer GoNi's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Calypso, Sakura City
    Avatar
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    7,432
    Images
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by fluske View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think this forum is responsible for lack of new players,potential new players will check out info at entropia first,and when thye come here they see so much negativity
    Ask yourself why this negativity has grwon up the last 10 years.

    To many empty words, promisses made and never delivered.

    I hope with the new management, this will change.

    So far the AMA session was an awesome thing to do, best comunication from MA side, since I started EU back in 2005.

    If Henrik and his team continue with that good work, there will be a lot less negativity in this forum.

    Sure there will always be some whinners, you cant do it right for everyone.
    As long this whinners are minority and we see much more success storys shared by players and some sort of Thank you MA threads, for this or that new feature, all will be nice.

    If MA wants to see positiv postings here in the forum, just make us happy.

    The AMA session is the first step to go that route.
    After this session I see a lot things concerning EU much more positive than a month ago.

    So I start with this positiv thinking and say THANKS Henrik for this AMA session.
    Well done!

  2. #282
    Old Alpha TeesMaarKhan's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    London
    Avatar
    Tees Maar Khan
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    795
    Images
    260
    Since you said a non formal answer this is my opinion...

    because its a casino..just like any other casino but with a twist ...here you don't walk in sit on a chair insert coin and pull a handle..

    you have 5 cent slot machine you have 10 cents slot machine you have $1 slot machine and so on all the way to 20 and 30 maybe more in form of mobs

    the other thing is in a normal casino you walk in insert your coin or lay your money on the table and you're playing

    here you walk in spend to buy chips aka guns armor, so your money is tied instantly and then you play and IF you win then you withdraw which takes months...real casino = instant

    on top of that to play the big slots takes you years to get to that level so no option of walking in and having a choice whether to play small or big..apart from spend big amounts to chip in to get yourself to that level and then that's spending thousands before you can actually spend to play...

    now see all that from a players perspective...I have a casino building down the road walk in walk out as I choose
    or I have this where if I don't win I have to spend more just to get my money out...

    that's the core of what this is...the rest is all sugar coating on top to hide the true identity of what this really is to deceive people and give them a false sense of what they are coming into...

    so given the above why would anyone in their sane mind who wants to gamble and come here with what's laying ahead...its all bad nothing but bad so they will happily choose a real casino where there is actual fairness to an extent compared to this rigged place.

    and the forums filled with negativity ever wondered why? maybe because its the truth, otherwise why would they be filled with negativity? if it was that good wont the forums be filled with praise...

    gamers want to play games not gamble this is not a game this is a casino...The ones who like this sort of gambling are spending and playing and they are happy and then the ones who believed this was a game and realise it isn't arnt happy....and the main reason for not being well known...its not the case it is well known but people tend to run a mile and avoid for what it is hence lack of players and not being well mentioned...

    in short if you are not a gambler and you knew the place you are heading to is a casino would you still go and spend money? or walk the other way?

    Regards

    Tees
    Last edited by TeesMaarKhan; 02-09-2019 at 18:57.

  3. #283
    Alpha Legends's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Posts
    630
    Images
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by TeesMaarKhan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since you said a non formal answer this is my opinion...

    ...

    and the forums filled with negativity ever wondered why? maybe because its the truth, otherwise why would they be filled with negativity? if it was that good wont the forums be filled with praise...

    ...

    Regards
    Tees
    Lol the entire internet is filled with negativity...

    I've seen some very positive posts here, but they get no attention. People in general tend to respond to negativity and criticism, so that's what gets attention, and the positive stuff gets drowned out. Not only in this forum but any forum anywhere.

  4. #284
    Old Alpha TeesMaarKhan's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    London
    Avatar
    Tees Maar Khan
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    795
    Images
    260
    Indeed it is ...
    Last edited by TeesMaarKhan; 03-04-2019 at 21:32.

  5. #285
    Elite Divinity's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    India
    Avatar
    Divinity Deth Undefined
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    4,833
    Images
    191
    As per my opinion EU is not popular in mainstream gaming because of certain factors

    1. Almost non existent marketing from MA - Lets just say that they dont scratch even the surface of what most games spend on their marketing efforts and personally google adwords targeting the very individuals who are already interested and playing the game displays a badly optimized campaign.

    2. PR - PR is very important for any company and also usually a part of the marketing campaign. It is responsible for modulating opinion in this internet age via various means. All you see is negativity as there is no force from MA's end trying to repair any kind of damage done to it on various blogs/forums.

    3. Good vs Bad - If i am doing good at something, I will focus on doing it. If on the other hand I am doing bad, i will bitch about it everywhere. That is common human mentality and results in the focus always being on the negativity. There are shitloads of people doing well here and how many times have u ever read anything from them in terms of how well they did in EU. The only 1-2 cases that get highlighted were from yesteryear with neverdie and deathifier. I personally find myself guilty of this as well to an extent. Perhaps 2019 will be a year i change that. MA could of course promote the concept but then they are currently low on resources so i'll not put the blame there.

    4. Communication and MA's obstinance in not using what is probably one of the most hardcore fanboys - Due to the nature of the RCE and the fact that the players here have 10's of thousands of $'s invested, very few games can boast of the loyal nature an Entropian demonstrates. This is an asset left unused and mostly neglected by MA. I have seen this change with new management at least from the communication perspective and as such i have hope.

    5. Cost to play - Don't think i need to say more ( One reason it can never really make it to mainstream gaming) but then it does not have to. It can cater to a niche and do really well regardless.

    These aren't the only things that come to my mind but i think most readers would get the jist of what i am trying to say. Eventually EU from my own experience is pretty much the game that comes closest to mimicking real life. You get what you make of it.

    Cheers,

    Divinity

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol the entire internet is filled with negativity...

    I've seen some very positive posts here, but they get no attention. People in general tend to respond to negativity and criticism, so that's what gets attention, and the positive stuff gets drowned out. Not only in this forum but any forum anywhere.
    it's quite tough to be positive, when:
    1. step: they announce a decrease in volatility and lowering the costs to play (all hyped!)
    2. step: they, appearently, unintentionally increase the volatility on crafting/mining when they did only want to adjust hunting during loot 2.0
    3. step: they claim there was no adjustment to volatility of crafting/mining during loot 2.0
    4. step: you're stuck with increased volatility instead of what they've announced, because they appearently refuse to acknowledge that they've unintentionally fucked things up...

    And then there's all the broken promises...

  7. #287
    Alpha Legends's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Posts
    630
    Images
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's quite tough to be positive, when:
    1. step: they announce a decrease in volatility and lowering the costs to play (all hyped!)
    2. step: they, appearently, unintentionally increase the volatility on crafting/mining when they did only want to adjust hunting during loot 2.0
    3. step: they claim there was no adjustment to volatility of crafting/mining during loot 2.0
    4. step: you're stuck with increased volatility instead of what they've announced, because they appearently refuse to acknowledge that they've unintentionally fucked things up...

    And then there's all the broken promises...
    All I'm saying is, there's 10 winners in 10 categories, where's those guys' posts????

    All we seem to have here is a bunch of people like you whining about how unjust their crafting runs are...

    Frankly I'm kinda sick of it

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I'm saying is, there's 10 winners in 10 categories, where's those guys' posts????
    yeah, where are those winners you claim exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All we seem to have here is a bunch of people like you whining about how unjust their crafting runs are...

    Frankly I'm kinda sick of it
    and i'm sick of those fanboys claiming everything would just be fine, even when MA does major fuck ups and of MA refusing to acknowledge that they've fucked things up.
    I've point their fuck up out the day it went live (the VU in december 2017), now we're here, 14 months later, still only has partially been corrected and all there is denial that the fuck up happened...
    Last edited by Alukat123; 02-09-2019 at 22:49.

  9. #289
    Legends,if everything is nice and dandy why do people still complain? Because they are bored?
    And crafting is f*** up, that's why I stopped crafting and why others complain about it,or also stopped crafting and that's why you have shitty mu on stuff and pages upon pages of crafting materials... crafting needs to be top priority because you can't have a RCE with a broken crafting system and a broken economy...or shall we start calling EU RCG (G=gambling on exp proj and the rest of the 80% useless bp's) ???

  10. #290
    I am out because they took away my markup and hunting at a quite fun Level is now really expensive time wasting. So I waste my time at cheaper games now.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook