How come Entropia is not more popular?

Status
I care.

Doesn't the rest of the playerbase care..

about.. growing Entropia.. increasing the playerbase..... making Entropia as popular as it deserves to be.

How can we make a difference?

Honestly, we can only do so much... Mindark itself needs to do more, but they don't care any longer so it seems as they've 'handed the torch over for marketing to the PPs, which in turn don't have much of a clue on marketing...

They need more stuff like MARIKA:
Summery of The Notes (facts, cracks and theories)
The Truth About Marika
On the Edge of Reality: Reality Fiction in ‘Sanningen om Marika’
Internet Archive Link
PRETEND THAT IT IS REAL!: CONVERGENCE CULTURE IN PRACTICE by MARIE DENWARD
The Truth about Marika Blog
Internet Archive Link
The Quest for the Perfect Manifestation of a Dream - Martin Ericsson Youtube Video
ARGS AROUND THE WORLD – PART 2
Engaging the distributors: Christian Wikander at TEDx Transmedia 2011 Youtube Video[/SIZE]

i.e. something that will draw people in because of curiosity, awe, inspiration, and even dare I say it, "beauty" rather than "just because of the grindy real cash economy that makes you spend a lot of ped to get anywhere really..."

They keep talking the talk about VR, and hell, even got a President for VR, but when it comes to the real vr/augmented reality thing, are not doing much at all.

Last edited:
What exactly was that MARKIA?

A puzzle to find something in game hosted by MA?

(wow.. 2007 ^^)

This is not a game, this is life. You have to sell your soul to play this.

I've always said that MA is very successful on the basis it can hold players in a "game" for over 10 years. That's quite an achievement actually for any game. I'm sure every player can look back at those 10 years+ with both good and bad experiences.

Rick

Few players here can make EU a better gaming.

So please do it.
You have rights to speak out every bad points and you don't have to feel bad about it.

And don't need to say something good to satisfy certain readers like wizz.

bleh, I get sick and depressed from reading this thread. :(

Half of the posters is just so negative about this game, but somehow they still play :scratch2:
To all those neg posters, why on earth do you guys hang around if it's just so terrible here?

Sure, you're free to think what you want about this game, some like it and some dont, but to just spew your negativity but still keep hanging around is BS!
Just go and leave if you dont like it. Why the fuck stay if you dont like it? Bugger off then!!

pfffff

Your words will come true.

I wonder who should be more worry. You or MA or You = MA ?

You seems to have HUGE experience here.
Want to share your detail profile with all the readers here.

Your great profile may kind like encourage readers to play EU longer.

Are you guys seriously arguing about talking about the game? What is that going to accomplish? Just talk about the game instead and prove them wrong. Telling them not to speak just hides the issue but it's still there... you need to address it head on.

Bro, you are an in-game pirate right?

If you somehow able to rob wizz's property, he probably be the whiners and quit the game.

Bro, you are an in-game pirate right?

If you somehow able to rob wizz's property, he probably be the whiners and quit the game.
Nope I am not.
What would make you think im a pirate?
I don't even hunt much im just a farmer

he probably be the whiners and quit the game.

:lolup::lolup::lolup:

Check my profile bro. Been here since January 2005.

Enough said :wise:

You seems to have HUGE experience here.
Want to share your detail profile with all the readers here.

Your great profile may kind like encourage readers to play EU longer.

Nah, I'm just an eternal noob because I'm to cheesy to spend tons of peds :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: SHY
I don't think the masses even know about Entropia.
I can say so from my experiences talking about the game here in America. Everyone I mention the game to has no clue what it is.

That would probably be a 1st step rather than to just assume everyone else opposes Entropia because they read something on PCF; which I doubt.

I have an idea to create more awareness.. through my YouTube channel.. but in a kinda comparative way, comparing and contrasting other MMOs that other people *might* play and are probably more popular. Perhaps it's a lost cause, but I hope it's not.

I've considered investing my time in other games that are more popular and do videos on popular games; which would probably lead to more subscribers and views.....

but...... walking away from Entropia is a long drawn out process. Not ready to cross that bridge.

So for what it's worth I'll work on that next project soon.

The rookie chat doesn't help either. Most of the time you have a bunch of idiots retards typing crap on.
PE used to be a mature and respect community.
Nowadays, or some time ago, it's only filled with negative and selfish people.

It can be very expansive if you want to play a lot of hours. Problems like not being able to sell the things you mine, craft and loot could also be a problem in keeping players. You can craft and mine a lot of things, but many things are hard to sell or take a lot of time to sell. It can be hard for players to loot and mine, but not being able to sell it. It somewhat kills the fun of it.....

Well, lets see.

Developers don't interact with players.

Only a few planet partners have some sort of interaction with players.

Support is none existant (I got 1 support ticket pending since about 9 months now, and there have been no response, even when I enquire as to it's status).

Almost none existant social media presence. Official youtube channel, etc, has almost no updates.

Nobody knows if there is any concrete road map as to what's coming next. Many promises of updates, features become long delayed or don't happen. If they mention a feature is being worked on, and there is a delay, they can always respond and state that a delay has happened, and state the new deadline. At least it keeps the playerbase engaged.

Very opaque gameplay. Everything seems to be volunteer based. Info in entropedia, etc is pretty much critical if you want to play here. Yet there is no official info. Everything is guesswork. If a volunteer gets the info wrong / someone malicious purposely adds / edits wrong info, nothing we can do, unless another volunteer checks the info again.

My last disciple deposited 100 USD, and disappeared suddenly without any news. My previous disciple completed about 70% to graduation and has disappeared. Maybe MA should send out "exit interview / survey" emails to disciples who leave half way. Find out why they left. Then fix that. Every disciple I take on, I spend maybe 20 hours and about 100 peds or so. After a while, you don't feel like bothering, since MA isn't bothering to find out whats wrong.

Everytime someone gripes about gameplay here, issues here, states any of the many negatives they experience, it all adds to "negative advertisement". It's easy to make something seem negative, once that happens, alot of effort will be needed to counter that. And MA doesn't seem bothered about it.

It can be very expansive if you want to play a lot of hours. Problems like not being able to sell the things you mine, craft and loot could also be a problem in keeping players. You can craft and mine a lot of things, but many things are hard to sell or take a lot of time to sell. It can be hard for players to loot and mine, but not being able to sell it. It somewhat kills the fun of it.....

This is just no miracle. Say thanks to MA, for kill all the MU we had. so ppl maybe depo more. No, ppl don't depo more, if they can't sell stuff with MU, and just have to feed the trade terminals.

In old days we had some nice MU at a lot of items, also we got from time to time some UL armor, not worth very much, but it made the game play a bit cheaper, for mid level players.

Now, if i go out for mining or hunt, most the time i have to trash the loot to TT. Then the loot waves are killing the game too. So a such unfair system endup, that players less play. 95% of players hunt hours, and get noting, then if the wave run, some ppl pop up and loot all the nice items of the wave, and then they stop hunt again.

Loot waves is really bad, and we have this since ages, and they made it more bad as it was, over time.

Since about 2 years, i play less and more less. Before this, i played near every day for some hour. I really do miss the funn factor of entropia. Or is loosing all the time a funn factor?

So my theory for the moment is that they want more players but are not ready to risk loosing existing players due to an almost inevitable and massive increase in lag spikes that will almost certainly accompany a large influx of new users.

1. Gameplay and missions are still too boring.
2. Nothing fun for newcomers: events or loot.
3. PVP is too exclusive and expensive for most; the only gameplay which is fun.
4. Calypso lore and 'feel' destroyed by other planets and items which don't fit; mostly rocktropia items.
5. Calypso storyline needs expanding and integrating into general gameplay.
6. Buff items made becoming an elite player more expensive than ever.
7. Buff items made DPP gap between newcomers and elite player too big.
8. Explosive BP obliterated markup.
9. Planet / Player owned land areas: short sighted quick buck that ruins hunting options.
10. Deeds, short sighted quick buck that has ruined activity.
11. Compets: development of Calypso and Entropia Universe has taken a backseat.
12. Conclusion: too much focus on investors and quick profit over the player experience.

This is a great list. I haven't read the whole tread, but lots of great insight.
My main reason comes back to MA itself. My main hope for the continued future of this game is if MA sold the game to another company- they run it as if they either have 5 workers, or it's a dead game that they just leave the lights on for us. There is next to no advertising, even with their lame attempts at facebook. They said they would use CLD funds to advertise and there is no way that ever happened as anyone thought it would (or should have)
Also reason continues to be cost to play - i think the cost to play fits in a tiny niche - even though I currently play a buy to play game, that I've played daily for 1 year and spend $30 on.... I do see people that spend 20-30 every month regularly. If this game allowed me to be as active as I am in said other MMO for 20-30 bucks a month, I'd be there. But until anything changes, I keep getting inactive account e-mails and work to sell items.
I can no longer afford 200-300 a month game. I still enjoy it and miss it a lot, but I can be satisfied in other games spending 0 a month. I don't make that kind of money where that isn't a factor

I wanted to highlight the compet part listed above also. Example of MA throwing darts at the board and going in random directions and never really finishing one thing or putting all their energy into it. I'm amazed it actually was released. Totally amazed.

Oh.. I just thought ... what happened to the "new" community manager? Perhaps he could read this and chime in?

1- Snobbish playerbase. Just like in real life, the rich people tend to be quite snobby, and its a turn off.
2- Lack of helpful players. Many many times people ask in rookie, "how can I get more ammo? armour? etc" and people just answer: DEPO. ( THere are other ways, and other things to do here, ya know!)
3- Misleading advertising. This game gives the impression players will be able to "earn" RL money here, by simply playing and having fun, without risk of loss.
4- Lack of team based activites. No instance runs.Few team hunts, its very solitary for most players.

I think that a lot of the social aspects were lost looking back at PE to where we are today. For instance tp runs before vehicles brought newer players in contact with mid/high levels and was a lot of fun.

Loot mix - also isn't so good these days, to much ammo and shrapnel (although i get why shrapnel was introduced). To be frank loot is boring as hell, part of the fun as a new player was looting all that pixie/goblin/shogun etc even though it was tt food it gave a feeling of progression.

Buffs - As others have said have made the gap between those with and those without to wide.

Economy stagnating - Explosive BP has killed the demand, also look at hof table each day and 90%+ are explosive IV hofs. It used to be fun to gamble sometimes as a noob on basic pants or whatever as you felt you had a hope in hell, these days why bother?

Overall mark up - Looking back to PE and early EU after VU10 there was mark up to target, even on low mobs. The balance seems messed up for example molisk teeth used to be good for low/mid, now you get more molisk teeth from tameable mobs :laugh:. Also demand is seriously down due to "economic stagnation".

There are many good things that have happened such as more focus on new player experience, Toulan mission chain for example i enjoyed greatly. However i think to retain low-mid level players there needs to be a shift away from explosive crafting. Yes i know crafters will say but everyone else has tt input options.... the difference is that crafters supply tools, amps, guns etc for potential mark up and that should be considered before crafting something (is it worth it?). Is it worth keeping the status quo as people stop hunting/mining/crafting due to little demand (like me for example just tt'd over 5k ped of stuff that sells way way to slow). I am really struggling of late to have motivation to grind, i try but getting a shitload of crap that goes to the tt isn't my idea of excitement.

I really hope there is a change for the better as i have played PE/EU longer than any game, but for now i think i will slowly sell what i have and wait for some change.

Last edited:
Also, when MA was somewhat aggressively looking for venues to make presence known,, DJ Neverdie promoted South by Southwest as the proper venue to booth the game to Jan and Marco, whereas a more appropriate gamer venue like ComicCon or DragonCon could have garnered more interest by gamers.

I showed space to some studente of mine and they thought it was so boring because the quads move so slow

1- Snobbish playerbase. Just like in real life, the rich people tend to be quite snobby, and its a turn off.
2- Lack of helpful players. Many many times people ask in rookie, "how can I get more ammo? armour? etc" and people just answer: DEPO. ( THere are other ways, and other things to do here, ya know!)
3- Misleading advertising. This game gives the impression players will be able to "earn" RL money here, by simply playing and having fun, without risk of loss.

Sorry but this is what makes this game fun. You need to work hard just like in RL to get something from it.

4- Lack of team based activites. No instance runs.Few team hunts, its very solitary for most players.

But this I can side with you on. The biggest issue with team hunts in this game is that only one person will get the kill point for a given mission, so many do not like team hunts due to this.

Yes you can debate that this isn't fun yet forget that to get that kill point cost real money and a lot simply do not want to waste that money. :(

This is one of the main reason why so many old timers simply hate missions. The missions have sucked the social life out of us all.

Last edited:
Sorry but this is what makes this game fun. You need to work hard just like in RL to get something from it.

But this I can side with you on. The biggest issue with team hunts in this game is that only one person will get the kill point for a given mission, so many do not like team hunts due to this.

Yes you can debate that this isn't fun yet forget that to get that kill point cost real money and a lot simply do not want to waste that money. :(

This is one of the main reason why so many old timers simply hate missions. The missions have sucked the social live out of us all.

I think I qualify as an old timer, so I am just making my point that I actually like solo grinding missions more than any team aspect of game play here. I know its an "MMO" but that "multiplayer" teamy social chatty stuff is not what keeps me logging in. I like that the game runs because there are a lot of players contributing to the economy, but being able to be a loner and do my own thing is what I like about it. There are only a few people I actually chat with on a regular basis, and can count on a few fingers the number of people I actually do anything with in game as far as playing is concerned, usually just one other person. If we we had epic 40 man raids like I used to do in Molten Core in W oh W back in the day, I might be interested, but I don't know for how long before I got fed up with other leeroy jenkin types standing in fire and went back to my solo grinds.

Last edited:
http://www.monria.com/forum/threads...ict-the-future-is-to-create-it-update-9.3872/
Monria | 2017 Events​
In 2017, we will produce our usual Holiday events with St Patrick's Day being the most elaborate. It will coincide with GamerCon which will be held in Dublin, Irleland where Monria will have a display area to demonstrate just how we do it on the Moon. Our event will take place at the same time as GamerCon and we will be showing the outside world how St Patrick's Day is done in the virtual world.

This is just no miracle. Say thanks to MA, for kill all the MU we had. so ppl maybe depo more. No, ppl don't depo more, if they can't sell stuff with MU, and just have to feed the trade terminals.

I don't think MA have done anything to kill the markup, it just the way things goes when we have a low playerbase and a low demand on crafted items. Can't see anything MA have done to "kill" the MU, it's more a yearly slow decline. The only thing that would boost the MU is to remove all items from loot and only make items available from crafting.

. The only thing that would boost the MU is to remove all items from loot and only make items available from crafting.

Yup. Totally agree. :wise:

With a rework of the current crafting system ofcourse.

...or more like a total overhaul of the current system.

:scratch2:

Nah, aint gonna happen.

To bad though. Because it could even work. :rolleyes:

:scratch:

...but, I just came to think of it, not being able to find ANY items in game wouldnt actually make sense storytelling wise.
Imagine, how many people have died out there in the wilderness??? Countless!!
Yes, so sure, some atrox swallowed a harnass from a unweary traveller. You know what I mean? You're bound to find things when you're travelling out in the wilds.

So, I have to come back on my first part of the post.
No, I actually dont agree. It just wouldn't make sense :rolleyes:

But the majority of the rest of us - come down to it, even the majority of the 1% here - comprise the most sociable playerbase I've ever encountered. After you've met us of course. Give it time, and forget the inevitable trolls (they're just overflow from LoL).

[BREAK]
I have to strongly disagree on this point. In a real cash economy, handouts do more harm than good to the recipient. As a result of that and of the number of newbies who start by begging and then quit the game forever, we've developed a major allergy to beggars. However, once the new player matures beyond the beggar stage of socialization, we're the most helpful playerbase I've ever encountered. The answer to this list item is personal growth.

[BREAK]
:wise:
This is why Entropia's playerbase is so small.:wise:

[BREAK]
This isn't helping either.

Last edited:
I don't think MA have done anything to kill the markup, it just the way things goes when we have a low playerbase and a low demand on crafted items. Can't see anything MA have done to "kill" the MU, it's more a yearly slow decline. The only thing that would boost the MU is to remove all items from loot and only make items available from crafting.

oh, wait, what about EP crafting, does it not kill MU?
What about some rare loot, popup more and more at other creatures... robo fuses as example.

There is a lot more, they manipulated MU, in the one or the other way.
Open the eyes, and you will see it.

Status
Back