How come Entropia is not more popular?

Status
I think EU was best when it was PE in 2005.
Then they started to break things. First they have broken skilling system, then fun loots, then their netcode (when your high speed ADSL/Ethernet connection started to work worse that shared access 256k bit sync modem connection, heh). Then the armor boots then day-night cycle, the fugly past CE computer-generated landscapes.

All adds up to PEU!

In short:

Who get screwed most on EU?

Middle players.

New players got all those tiny limited guns and amps that are amazing to start hunting. A lot of mission chains that reward with ammo and tools and even take you to a place that otherwise you would take weeks to discovery. Feels like all the revamps were in turn of new players so they don't get scared on how fast the system "eat" their peds.

Very old players have their uber items that they can rent or participate in events to get top places and prices.

Investors have their weekly / monthly income and the majority of them don't spent a single pec here. As the name investors imply they just wait until a good stake of peds to withdrawal.

Now taking in account that a lot of players are considered middle players, i consider myself one of these (205hp and lvl 74 blp rifle). I just want MA to think on what is supposed these middle players do and how will they survive doing the same thing as 100 or even 1000 other players.

Why should I continue to play your game other than spent 200 euros per month??? Because i don't find any good answer.

Mining is screwed. Craft is insane with all those explosive BPs (this is why mining is broken too, no need to buy mining resources to craft, now you just buy nanocubes). Level 5 BPs on full condition? Serious? And on hunt sure we have the rare A10x amps loot (never got any since i play) time to time but all the rest have close to zero mu. No unL guns, no big hof, ESI only on a few mobs (two years without see one, last one was on elite argos). Ok shared loot mobs can be fun if you lucky to join a good team but other than combat tokens in loot where is the thrill???

I m really thinking why should i continue to play at this lvl.

In short:

Middle players.

New players got all those tiny limited guns and amps that are amazing to start hunting. A lot of mission chains that reward with ammo and tools and even take you to a place that otherwise you would take weeks to discovery. Feels like all the revamps were in turn of new players so they don't get scared on how fast the system "eat" their peds.

Very old players have their uber items that they can rent or participate in events to get top places and prices.

Investors have their weekly / monthly income and the majority of them don't spent a single pec here. As the name investors imply they just wait until a good stake of peds to withdrawal.

Now taking in account that a lot of players are considered middle players, i consider myself one of these (205hp and lvl 74 blp rifle). I just want MA to think on what is supposed these middle players do and how will they survive doing the same thing as 100 or even 1000 other players.

Why should I continue to play your game other than spent 200 euros per month??? Because i don't find any good answer.

Mining is screwed. Craft is insane with all those explosive BPs (this is why mining is broken too, no need to buy mining resources to craft, now you just buy nanocubes). Level 5 BPs on full condition? Serious? And on hunt sure we have the rare A10x amps loot (never got any since i play) time to time but all the rest have close to zero mu. No unL guns, no big hof, ESI only on a few mobs (two years without see one, last one was on elite argos). Ok shared loot mobs can be fun if you lucky to join a good team but other than combat tokens in loot where is the thrill???

I feel the same. Good to know, i be not alone, but sad about the situation.

In short:

Middle players.

I also agree. Feel the same. And fighting the disappointments with as much hope as I can muster.

In short:

Middle players.

IMO all MA did past years was to work on the middle players area.
- UnL guns drop frequently (middle players get them mostly);
- UnL guns are craftable now;
- healing got dead cheap with Resto series, allowing middle players to have mod fap eco with a lot less investment;
- eco was boosted considerably in the middle players class, imp ares raining on us;
- skilling is much faster and much cheaper;
- new players and middle players got a huge chance of looting something very valuable from boxes while just buying some ammo..
- weapons are very accessible at 105-110% and there's a big variety, covering all levels. (look back in time and you were stuck with the same L gun for 20-30 levels, at 140%);
- there is still some MU. An active hunter can sell their lot at 102-104 % which can mean a few thousand of peds a year

You think not looting unL guns is very bad, well, I think it's not. I think they drop too many. If they were dropping like 10 times more often so middle players like you and I loot at least one, then their MU would have been tt+100, since most of the ppl would have looted one. If most of the ppl would have looted one, then L guns would have been TT food (unlike now when you can try some timing and sell your L guns to 110%+ during hot events)

The game is getting better and better.
Hunting way out of the budget and having wrong expectations is what drives some ppl away or to become idle...

- healing got dead cheap with Resto series, allowing middle players to have mod fap eco with a lot less investment;
- eco was boosted considerably in the middle players class, imp ares raining on us;
- new players and middle players got a huge chance of looting something very valuable from boxes while just buying some ammo..
- weapons are very accessible at 105-110% and there's a big variety, covering all levels. (look back in time and you were stuck with the same L gun for 20-30 levels, at 140%);
- there is still some MU. An active hunter can sell their lot at 102-104 % which can mean a few thousand of peds a year

You think not looting unL guns is very bad, well, I think it's not. I think they drop too many. If they were dropping like 10 times more often so middle players like you and I loot at least one, then their MU would have been tt+100, since most of the ppl would have looted one. If most of the ppl would have looted one, then L guns would have been TT food (unlike now when you can try some timing and sell your L guns to 110%+ during hot events)

Hunting way out of the budget and having wrong expectations is what drives some ppl away or to become idle...

damnit!
I totally agree with Evey's post.
Never knew that would ever happen :scared:

As a mid level player I think the game got a lot better as in the old days.
The (L) weapons let me hunt a lot more eco and prevent me from hunting to big.
I remember the days that with just 100hp's I ran around with my dante amped frean delta and ML35, hunting all that I could take down.
I cursed this game because I never got anything decent then, missed every global, and money was streming out.
I dont mind not being able to buy the strongest gun. I know I cant have it all because I dont want to spend my life savings on it. But we now have a lot more alternatives.

And I think there are to many UL weapons. UL stuff saturates the market as they never leave the game anymore.
Therefor I was quite surprised that after they introduced (L) stuff they later started dropping UL stuff again. :scratch2:

What is better at the game? that you more need to depo as ever before? that most skills are worthless, so you make minus if you buy a esi and sell it. That mining is a time wast, since we have EP crafting. that all my friends no longer play? Inclouding me, soon.

Don't tell me the game is better for me.. maybe for you, but not for me! the game was once nice, but now it is a
bad jocke, a pain, a wast of time, and worthless to sell out the skills too.
This is not whining, this is the situation for many of us. Also if some ppl try to tell it is better. After more as 11 years play eu, i can't say it is better, at least not for me and a lot others, where filling up the pool only.

It is like been canon food as mid. lev. player's or been a milk cow for uber loot. Short sayd, i lost the love to play EU in same matter MA did all the changes.

The game i once joined and loved, is no longer the game and product i joined. The game i loved, is died, short after VU10.
So be just happy, that i don't left it since then, and just fill up the pool for ppl, how know when loot waves hapen, and only then pop up into game for hunt.

What is better at the game? that you more need to depo as ever before? that most skills are worthless, so you make minus if you buy a esi and sell it. That mining is a time wast, since we have EP crafting. that all my friends no longer play? Inclouding me, soon.

Don't tell me the game is better for me.. maybe for you, but not for me! the game was once nice, but now it is a
bad jocke, a pain, a wast of time, and worthless to sell out the skills too.
This is not whining, this is the situation for many of us. Also if some ppl try to tell it is better. After more as 11 years play eu, i can't say it is better, at least not for me and a lot others, where filling up the pool only.

It is like been canon food as mid. lev. player's or been a milk cow for uber loot. Short sayd, i lost the love to play EU in same matter MA did all the changes.

The game i once joined and loved, is no longer the game and product i joined. The game i loved, is died, short after VU10.
So be just happy, that i don't left it since then, and just fill up the pool for ppl, how know when loot waves hapen, and only then pop up into game for hunt.

The game is getting better overall. Why is not getting better for you? because you play with 2006 mindset in 2017.Rules have changed but you didn't.
information is power.Adapt for fuck sake.

The game is getting better overall. Why is not getting better for you? because you play with 2006 mindset in 2017.Rules have changed but you didn't.
information is power.Adapt for fuck sake.

I guess thats the main problem for oltimers.
They're still looking back and never started looking forward.

Sure, the game has changed. Nobody will deny that. For some the changes are bad, for others (myslef included) the changes are good.

I really HATED the old loot system where I nearly daily saw 1k+ daikiba young hofs.
I was hunting trox getting 50% returns, no globals while I saw all those daik hunters globaling like mad.
I guess I was just the unlucky one who jus kept missing his multipliers.
That was really demotivating for me, resulting in the situation I just didnt want to hunt anymore and rather spent my time trading to make some money back.

Now with the current more stable loot system and smaller globals, I at least got the feel how it is to see those swirlies more often which stimulates me to go on. I'd rather have a few small globals then to constantly see others walk away with 1k+ daikibas.

Don't tell me the game is better for me..

I'm not. I'm sorry, you won't like the following, but, I have a huge problem with people that say the game sucks but they don't play.

edit: By not playing I mean actively hunting - because everyone knows you are one of the best face masks painters and your work is amazing!!!! (imagine if the game had a much larger playerbase, how nice would that be for your business)

The problem is when people can't see past their bubble. For example you.
Please excuse me, it's not personal, I would very much like to help you somehow, I would love it if the game would become a great experience for you, again.

If you would look around, you coudl see players getting on kerberos in a day, as many globals as you got in 2016. Those are low level players. I think you don't qualify even for that category.
Turnover is very important in this game. It's a huge difference between selling 1k Eye oil daily and selling 1k Eye oil yearly.? You may not have the time, the budget, but turnover being very important is a fact. Everyone keeps saying this, but people don't trust this, they think it's a lie or something..
I'm sorry, I have no experience in crafting and mining, but in hunting, if you hunt 3 proterons a day, the game will forever suck for you, but it's not sucking for everyone; there are people who understood the limits, the rules.
It's not worth of buying ESI to sell 1k Prospecting, but when it's 10k Prospecting, try jdegre and see the difference... try to sale thing up, a lot...
I suggest you learn and stop putting the blame on others.
Thanks

Last edited:
I'm not. I'm sorry, you won't like the following, but, I have a huge problem with people that say the game sucks but they don't play.

edit: By not playing I mean actively hunting - because everyone knows you are one of the best face masks painters and your work is amazing!!!! (imagine if the game had a much larger playerbase, how nice would that be for your business)

Ahh nice, something to disagree with again :)

This BS ofcourse.
Making mask is as much playing as is hunting, mining or crafting.
It's a real profession which needs time, devotion and dedication. TRance is actually one of the few REAL crafters. Making stuff that colors the game instead of crafting useless EP's or any other crafting junk.

There are many other non- or low ped cycling professions which make people active such as guides. I see noob
guides as more valuable players for the game in general as those non social non-stop hunters.

Evey, because hunting is the ONLY thing you actually do in the game, does not mean its the only measurement of being active.
We could even turn it around. YOU dont actually play this game, because you ONLY hunt and dont try anything else.

Ahh nice, something to disagree with again :)

This BS of course.
Making mask is as much playing as is hunting, mining or crafting.
It's a real profession which needs time, devotion and dedication. TRance is actually one of the few REAL crafters. Making stuff that colors the game instead of crafting useless EP's or any other crafting junk.

There are many other non- or low ped cycling professions which make people active such as guides. I see noob
guides as more valuable players for the game in general as those non social non-stop hunters.

Evey, because hunting is the ONLY thing you actually do in the game, does not mean its the only measurement of being active.
We could even turn it around. YOU dont actually play this game, because you ONLY hunt and dont try anything else.

Great, another straw man... Talking about hunting loot being awful, as an active crafter, or provider of a specific service, but an an inactive hunter, is irrelevant because such an opinion is not based on facts... I am only referring to the profession I know a few things about, not implying I'm uber in any way, but this profession was being discussed. Are you following so far?
We were talking about looting ULs and ESIS - FROM HUNTING, eco being boosted for hunters. What you're doing here, wizz, is pulling another one of your weak AF straw mans...

Not saying the professions are irrelevant, they are very relevant, I'm a consumer of both mining and crafting goods - this year alone I burned ~1400 ped tt of enh (~12k ped worth).

In all 3 major professions, where a lot of TT goes into the system, things are like this:

In one of the runs, I wrote down each loot I got from the mobs. Each loot is marked with blue. The balance is with red. It's always going down.

- Graph 1. hunting 60 mobs can look like:
41e264cbee9941e5bfc16d694abca256.png

- Graph 2. hunting 200 can look like:
b776acf97b5d4065b2b5e8b799f29595.png

- Graph 3. Being active means that there will be hunts when input you lost will be recovered; maybe not 100%, but enought to break even after selling some loot. A 400 mobs can look like:
c1b1e49ffa984e7897d8e786e6ccafca.png

Having very low activity, in the professions you put in a lot of TT, will make your hunts look like graph1 and yes, game will apparently suck big time. Especially if you go after big mobs. If say 80k total dmg u can do, don't go after big trox stick with kerbs, your loots will look like graph 3 more often than graph 1.

Again, this is about hunting (can also apply to mining and crafting). Other profession like say... Christmas tree screenshotting - will not give you enough info about loot, enough to be able to make an informed opinion, you can only speculate.

If you only have 30 minutes sessions, do Battle Sim, main professions will not treat you well. This is no one's fault, it's just something you need to understand, before blaming a ton of factors that are actually in your favor if you do the right things...

blablabla...
We were talking about looting ULs and ESIS - FROM HUNTING, eco being boosted for hunters. What you're doing here, wizz, is pulling another one of your weak AF straw mans...

Not saying the professions are irrelevant, they are very relevant, I'm a consumer of both mining and crafting goods - this year alone I burned ~1400 ped tt of enh (~12k ped worth).

In all 3 major professions, where a lot of TT goes into the system, things are like this:

more blablabla

First of all, we werent talking about ESI's and hunting. We were talking about why entropia is not more popular.

Secondly, you ARE saying that anything except mining, hunting and crafting is irrelevant.

You're so full of yourself because you've cycled some peds with hunting thinking you are the only one entitled to an opinion.

Well good for you. But with folks like you, who think they're the only ones who think are allowed to comment, it's useless to reason.

Great, another straw man... Talking about hunting loot being awful, as an active crafter, or provider of a specific service, but an an inactive hunter, is irrelevant because such an opinion is not based on facts... I am only referring to the profession I know a few things about, not implying I'm uber in any way, but this profession was being discussed. Are you following so far?

In one of the runs, I wrote down each loot I got from the mobs. Each loot is marked with blue. The balance is with red. It's always going down.

- Graph 1. hunting 60 mobs can look like:
41e264cbee9941e5bfc16d694abca256.png

- Graph 2. hunting 200 can look like:
b776acf97b5d4065b2b5e8b799f29595.png

- Graph 3. Being active means that there will be hunts when input you lost will be recovered; maybe not 100%, but enought to break even after selling some loot. A 400 mobs can look like:
c1b1e49ffa984e7897d8e786e6ccafca.png

Having very low activity, in the professions you put in a lot of TT, will make your hunts look like graph1 and yes, game will apparently suck big time. Especially if you go after big mobs. If say 80k total dmg u can do, don't go after big trox stick with kerbs, your loots will look like graph 3 more often than graph 1.

Again, this is about hunting (can also apply to mining and crafting). Other profession like say... Christmas tree screenshotting - will not give you enough info about loot, enough to be able to make an informed opinion, you can only speculate.

If you only have 30 minutes sessions, do Battle Sim, main professions will not treat you well. This is no one's fault, it's just something you need to understand, before blaming a ton of factors that are actually in your favor if you do the right things...
A surprisingly misleading presentation using graphs. Yes, hunts of those scales can look like the graphs shown, and yes, they can also look very different from the graphs shown. In a loot system having a random or even pseudorandom element, the only relevance a hunt's length has is its sample size: the longer you let the test run, the more likely it is to return results more closely normal. The results of a long hunt are also capable of looking exactly like the results of a short hunt.
:popcorn:

The relevant questions are, what's your ROI averaged over how many years of play? How much of this ROI is in markup as contrasted to TT? How are hunting returns a more usable indicator of activity as a player than, well, anything else? And most importantly, how do all of these points affect the popularity of Entropia or lack thereof?

Last edited:
I really HATED the old loot system where I nearly daily saw 1k+ daikiba young hofs.
I was hunting trox getting 50% returns, no globals while I saw all those daik hunters globaling like mad.
I guess I was just the unlucky one who jus kept missing his multipliers.

Dont forget the 20k Atrox Young & Mature that were frequently on the HOF boards as well.
I'm sorry you didn't get one, but plenty did.

A surprisingly misleading presentation using graphs. Yes, hunts of those scales can look like the graphs shown, and yes, they can also look very different from the graphs shown. In a loot system having a random or even pseudorandom element, the only relevance a hunt's length has is its sample size: the longer you let the test run, the more likely it is to return results more closely normal. The results of a long hunt are also capable of looking exactly like the results of a short hunt.
:popcorn:

The relevant questions are, what's your ROI averaged over how many years of play? How much of this ROI is in markup as contrasted to TT? How are hunting returns a more usable indicator of activity as a player than, well, anything else? And most importantly, how do all of these points affect the popularity of Entropia or lack thereof?

I don't see how my results can be misleading, I was saying hunting X size batch 'can' look like that. And on long term things do tend to look like that. OR, they look like that for me. I track return for a year and a half, over 1.8kk ped burned, and I put return on graphs to try and answer my questions. And I have the answers to my questions.

Your questions are very good! How do all those points affect the popularity? IMHO the current player base is affected by a few things:

- too few are asking those questions & many have the wrong expectations;
- those questions can only be fully answered by the one who asks them, by testing; from others you can only get glimpses, hints..
- some assume loot is crap without actually looting mobs and end up giving up far to early before the real hunt;
- constantly ignoring advice from top hunters assuming there's a conspiracy involved, or aliens.

Not being able to retain more players is an issue and a part in that is played by the misinformation, even tho some of the dedicated players try helping with guides, Wiki etc.. even if MA worked a lot on cutting down on the frustrations of many.
Like Mega pointed out above, huge volatility used to give several 10k~ loots a day on troxes and many got those but for those to happen the average return had to be much lower than it is now and MA fixed that (yes, imo it was a needed fix).

Disclaimer: I am, again, referring to hunting profession mostly, but not implying that other professions are not important. I believe all professions are very important.

I found the game accidentally (via an article about the biggest $ sale of a virtual item on some clickbait site), hated day 1 cause the tutorial was so confusing. day 2, when I could play properly at Icarus I immediately knew I would play EU for at least the next 10 years.

#1 problem entropia has is the newbie retention. I know that from my experiences as a mentor. what this game needs is

a)

an alternative to sweating that is more dynamic, makes people explore the vast landscapes instead of staying in the same spot for weeks on end (I know what I'm talking about) and has a chance of multiplied loot (without ped value, still, of course). more on that later

b)

events for everybody. the event system in this game is nothing but a plaything for high roller veterans. that is utter bullshit. events should be exciting and participating possible for everybody.

a simple idea: in the event duration, some monsters' sweat is special (e.g. red sweat). red sweat is a craftable resource, but not with the construction machine but multi-useable (meaning you can combine them in the inventory). 100 red sweat combines into a hat, 250 for a shirt, 500 for pants etc til you got a whole outfit. 10000 make a gun, 50k a mystery item and 100k a car, 1 million some sort of housing. so you see, everybody has equal ability to participate in this format. newbies can get some goodies and sell red sweat to veterans for some ped.

and the next event has a different harvestable resource! THAT is an event system. I experienced that system in a different mmo and never had more fun in that game than with playing the market on highly volatile event resources! the 50k mystery item invites speculation on what it will be used at some later point (for example the next event). some event memento items might be non-tradeable, rewarding players who stay

What the game really needs is a working, proper affiliate system.

Other than that, a way to target the 18-21 audience would be great, but being one of them myself many years ago, we don't have a lot of cash. I was playing EU on about $400/year which does do much for MA. However, with the millennial generation being so attached to games, I don't see us giving it up anytime soon, so a logical consequence would be EU growing regardless of whether they advertise or not. People will find the game by coincidence or from friends and family.

Still.. a proper affiliate system that rewards something like 100 ped + 5% of the first depo, at the first depo, would be great. To combat abuse the rewards would be given in UA rather than pure ped. Sounds great right?

the problem is the image of the game. i have often talked to people about it when we are talking about mmos but i never recommend it to anyone. there is just too much wrong with it to proper advertise it to my friends. biggest letdown here is the wave loot and the stupid ressource caps. the market should regulate itself and not forced via MAs caps.
everything should just have a fixed drop % like in every other fucking game out there. this helps the general economy to grow at least a bit. its more motivating to grind a mob, knowing you have e.g. a 0,001% chance to loot an UL MF chip rather than that you have to get lucky and catch a stupid wave or not knowing if the cap is reached which would prevent you from looting it entirely.

the problem is the image of the game. i have often talked to people about it when we are talking about mmos but i never recommend it to anyone. there is just too much wrong with it to proper advertise it to my friends. biggest letdown here is the wave loot and the stupid ressource caps. the market should regulate itself and not forced via MAs caps.
everything should just have a fixed drop % like in every other fucking game out there. this helps the general economy to grow at least a bit. its more motivating to grind a mob, knowing you have e.g. a 0,001% chance to loot an UL MF chip rather than that you have to get lucky and catch a stupid wave or not knowing if the cap is reached which would prevent you from looting it entirely.

Yes everything should by RNG based... but with regards to a lot of UL guns and amps, there needs to be some regulation and caps so the market isn't flooded with UL sprit mk.i and slugstorms lol.

Yes everything should by RNG based... but with regards to a lot of UL guns and amps, there needs to be some regulation and caps so the market isn't flooded with UL sprit mk.i and slugstorms lol.

well. i dont know if you know the game / played it but one that did it pretty well was diablo 2. there was a bow named wind...something and its drop chance was so low, that with the best available gear that boosts the chance to find magic stuff and doing the boss with the best drop chance of this bow for 8 hours a day, every day of the year (one run took me around 30 seconds, but lets say a minute, so that would be roughly 500 looting events a day) it would have taken me more than 20 years to find it once. it was basically unobtainable but you still had a tiny chance. if you do the same with imk2, you would still dont get the market flooded, if you pick the right drop %. and even if one gets looted per year, that wouldnt really effect the price of it, especially regarding the market price destroying of MA with always releasing better stuff.

well. i dont know if you know the game / played it but one that did it pretty well was diablo 2. there was a bow named wind...something and its drop chance was so low, that with the best available gear that boosts the chance to find magic stuff and doing the boss with the best drop chance of this bow for 8 hours a day, every day of the year (one run took me around 30 seconds, but lets say a minute, so that would be roughly 500 looting events a day) it would have taken me more than 20 years to find it once. it was basically unobtainable but you still had a tiny chance. if you do the same with imk2, you would still dont get the market flooded, if you pick the right drop %. and even if one gets looted per year, that wouldnt really effect the price of it, especially regarding the market price destroying of MA with always releasing better stuff.

Still play D2, have been since 2001.

D2 also has something called ladder resets. And maybe people just quit and didn't bother to sell anything because windforce wasn't worth $2000 lol.

Regardless we can agree that RNG is superior to wave loots

Still play D2, have been since 2001.

D2 also has something called ladder resets. And maybe people just quit and didn't bother to sell anything because windforce wasn't worth $2000 lol.

Regardless we can agree that RNG is superior to wave loots

It has to be rng to be a fair system... if it is wave loot, chances are particular time zones will have an unfair advantage (which they seem to do anyway).. and that is not a good way to retain even your most loyal players.

I remember the windforces. I also remember the SoJs. Good times.

I did play Diablo 2, a very good game for its day.

When items are purged from years long inactive accounts in Entropia they have a chance to appear in loot windows.

As an example, this may have been one:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ay-to-me!-DOA-Slugstorm-off-an-Aurli-Ravager-)

wouldnt it be nice if MA would sell the game to blizzard and they would implement their looting techniques? the playerbase would explode as well lol

wouldnt it be nice if MA would sell the game to blizzard and they would implement their looting techniques? the playerbase would explode as well lol
Didn't Diablo III have a way for players to sell to one another that sort of blew up in their face? Don't trust those guys with the real cash economy unless you want it to transform in to a real crash economy. As for Diablo, I and II were swell, but I don't think we are supposed to be discussing this topic here...

but... uh...

since we are...

I keep saying every year Mindark should do a superbowl ad... or at least some commercials on tv around the time of the superbowl... even if not an 'official' superbowl ad...

Blizzard already one upped Mindark in that regard.. .. .?

Mindark did have Marika but quit doing TV stuff after that... Why, only Lootius knows. At one point I think Mindark had big dreams for EU when they started doing the paintings in game, the ideas of movie theme stuff like with the Transformers, The Thing, etc, but since they never pushed it hard enough the dream died... potentially still a glimmer of hope there, but since they aren't working on actively pursuing that type of thing... well... we see where this game is in pop culture today....

If they are gonna integrate with pop culture type stuff, they should do it full stream, not just a Transformers tee shirt here, a porn poster there, a poke at a President there...

They should go full stream in and dive deep.

They have those little 3d toys that some in the community sell on various threads from time to time... Where are those on the webshop?

They have very early demo install cds from ancient days that some in the community try to sell to one another from time to time for nostalgia... Why aren't similar dvds given away free at different real world events, etc.

These days, here and now Mindark ain't doing jack to spread the word other than some silly google ad stuff now and then... mainly that's only being seen by folks already playing...

Last edited:
Diablo3 rce failed because of chargebacks, fraud, and more supply than demand. I made 2000 bucks from d3. It was an interesting model but it didn't take long for gold prices and saturation to crash it to the ground. Then PayPal chargeback etc, which makes this concept very high risk, all made it worse.

The reason why entropia stays solvent is there are a lot of safeguards in place at the solvency level... sadly none in the shady activity department (alts, auspicious behavior, etc).

This game has a serious problem. It has everything to do with what's happened following explosives and a bit of the consequence with buffs. Resources are not in demand. Markup is little to none because crafting is mostly broken.. or at the very minimum constrained to a few things. Gamblers paid for resources. This is simply deflation and it's crippling deflation. Rather than continuous consuming of resources.. we have pills to replace enhancers often.. and buffs with no decay that replace enhancers. We have creation of endless ul items by once and done consuming of resources..that is short lived. Pill should be craftable from a variety of resources.. the upgrade chains should at least start with something found or crafted. Which point do people stop taking 95 to 98% returns for 101% Markup? We can go to other games that are cheaper if this is the new standard.. and just as we could do this.. you'll never get new players and will never have good retention.

Last edited:

HAHA make EU GREAT AGAIN

what an excellent idea!

couldn't agree more. lots of reasons were stated in those current discussion threads already, i think it can be summed up, that its mostly mindark's own fault.

examples:
imo worst possible communication with playerbase
not sticking to their own roadmap
not able to keep their timeline, always underdeliver or publish unfinished
not keeping their promises, like selling stuff without delivering (stables,statues?)
ignoring most of the player's wishes, they're not even asking to know. silently reading one forum isn't asking for opinion.
developing or changing stuff noone wanted or asked for, instead of finishing things they promised long time ago
heartless VUs with lots of copypaste and quality issues, like wrong item stats and stuff
continuous inability to sustain a healthy economy in their own fookin universe
removing functionality, like reducing itempoints of already existing appartments (caly)
changing existing mobspawns and teleporters, and not updating their daily mission descriptions (caly)
pissing off well paying longterm customers
making most of us feel like they don't care

please forgive me, but that's my opinion. i love EU and hate mindark, and i don't see to change that anytime soon...

Status
Back