How come Entropia is not more popular?

Status
i think this forum is responsible for lack of new players,potential new players will check out info at entropia first,and when thye come here they see so much negativity

Mostly it is true!

honestly i don't think popularity is the games main problem.

Just go look at camp icarus, it's more or less 24/7 the most populated area on caly.
The main issue is player retention ... i would be surprised if even 5 out of 10 make it past a day and given what i hear from mentors at best 1 out of 10 stays for more than two months.

There are quite a few issues that contribute to that ... some easy to fix others are very fundamental and probably impossible to completly negate.

Let's take a look at what challenges a new player is going to face:

I have declined several requests from newbginners which makes me feel bad. But im tired of those who try the game for few hours or days and stops playing and I do understand them.

My personal experince was with my youngest brother whom i presented the game to, gave him free PEDs and told him I would give him all PEDs he needs if he does this or that... Guess what, he tried it few hours, perhaps a day or 2 then came up with this answer "too complex game" "hard to understand" "shitty" etc.

As for my self, I had a class mate who were braging about making peds from sweating. Back at times in 2005/2006 prices were so high, you actually could brag about. He did it so often that I after a while had to give this a test too. Thats how I got hooked. Now days, you cant profit easly as a newbeginner as there is NO markup for them... This one is the most sad part of it all. Else you can have my word, there would have been lot more people in game by now and would increase if there was actual markup for the hunters alike as miners and crafters.

I think the new bloods need exictment. What about in the tutarial, they can have 100k on cash with UL ammo, all armors available, hofs here and there and a 1000 HP to start with as a TEST. So they feel how it is being at some unrealistic super top. This MIGHT give them a chance at looking at the game differently. Once they end up the tutarial, they return to their sad poor life.

I would even dedicate a % of loot pool to those poor guys. Take some of my peds, i wont mind :)

As for my self, I had a class mate who were braging about making peds from sweating. Back at times in 2005/2006 prices were so high, you actually could brag about. He did it so often that I after a while had to give this a test too. Thats how I got hooked. Now days, you cant profit easly as a newbeginner as there is NO markup for them... This one is the most sad part of it all. Else you can have my word, there would have been lot more people in game by now and would increase if there was actual markup for the hunters alike as miners and crafters.

Well, i started free-2-play as well, i've tried sweating and it was so damn boring. Exploring the world and gathering fruits/stones was way more interesting and ofc profitable, fruit & stone MU was way higher.
Maybe rather than telling new players to stick mainly to sweating, it would be better to go for a walk, when sweating gets boring, to do some exploration & gather some fruits =)
That may make less people stop due to only boring sweating in the beginning.

Well, i started free-2-play as well, i've tried sweating and it was so damn boring.
I started by sweating too, then swunting. The very first 1k sweat I sold @boxes was for 11 peds !!! - and those were the days of up to 22? sweat per pull.

Purely sweating may be boring for some, but swunting meant I could kill stuff thanks to player-provided peds and slowly skill up and learn other aspects. I tended to stay on slow, but free, but others saw the ladder to climb on weapons and happily moved up as it suited them with deposits.

Have mentalities changed? Many bps now use sweat as well, but sweat is no longer as necessary as it used to be? Is that why the economy down there is so low? I've actually forgotten what used to be done with sweat - was it force nexus to make something we needed? Was it mind essence for tp chips that probably are hardly used now? I have one in carried inventory, I know that, but why do I have it again? Blimey, I think I'll take a look!!!

People here success stories about people making money here and they want to do the same assap...shitty mentors(just after the mentor edition gear and don't teach anything to disciples) doesn't help,other things said in this thread also makes people stick around very hard.
And the iron missions suck anyway...it's the only game in which you need to kill almost 18k,18 freaking thousand, mobs to finish a missions chain so you can get some skills as reward...and when you've done that,guess what?do it all over again on a different mobs...and so on...talk about boring as hell.
Same goes for mining missions and it would be the same if there were crafting missions(see the daily one).
Missions need reworking,crafting needs reworking(but we know now they don't plan on it),broken promises need to be fulfilled and on and on....if we want to have more then 50k active players.

And the iron missions suck anyway...it's the only game in which you need to kill almost 18k,18 freaking thousand, mobs to finish a missions chain so you can get some skills as reward...and when you've done that,guess what?do it all over again on a different mobs...and so on...talk about boring as hell.
Same goes for mining missions and it would be the same if there were crafting missions(see the daily one).

well, crafting mission on rt gives sexy top BP (L) as reward as far as i know. May sound good, but if trying to do it via grunt harness crafting, then you need to loot 1500+ clicks of grunt harness BP first and to get that you may have to do 15-30k clicks cheap a$$ shin guards, which is ~6-12k PED of materials (alternative ingot + lysterium ingot).
Once you've effectively spend 1000+ PED (because TT-return loss + MU loss on ingots), you end up with a BP for an item that sells for TT+40 to TT+100 or so, according to market history.

I think the problem is the cost to play and the horror story that can be read.

Let's talk purely about TT value and no MU ( since it is player only related )

How much the game does cost you ? Grab a mid level weapon, hunt 5 hours/days, for 30 days, tell me how much your TT lost is.There you have your cost per hour. + the need to have a proper bankrool.

Try some 50 hp mob, hunt 3 hours, check your TT lost, do it every day for 30 days, calc your return, how much it cost you per hour in the end ? I'm not complaning at all, but if a noob that is an adult and responsible person does calc that, he will project himself to a higher level and think " ok fuck it too expensive"

No complain from me, i'm still a bit active there and there.

Without the cost aspect, the game is amazing, so much thing to do and different place to visit.

Some people hear about the game but fail to understand their role within the game.
They join #rookie or this forum and cancer happens.Everyone who failed to play the game properly become a teacher and no wonder why all their students follow stupid rules such as discover all tp's or sweat.
Mindark need to fucking focus on creating educational videos about WHAT CAN YOU DO within the game and if you choose a path what you have to do in order to achieve something.You need good examples for that (yes some people react very well to that , thx smilgs, hawk, stryker, greuceanu, linzey, star fluske graveD etc)
Mindark also need to focus on bible websites such as entropedia and entropialife (I wouldn't be here without them)

Also I think a good idea would be to create a list with things you can do within the game just for casual players who join the game and ask themselves : What should I do? what do I hunt? Anything interesting this week-end?

The game has to become more rewarding and I am sure you can develop some sort of interesting system where you get "special points" and you can purchase visual stuff, ranks, and other stuff that increase your Epen without touching the economy.

Support cases - probably the worst support case in the last 25 years ever invented.Feels like talking to robots no human answer with a real help.

bugs- I personally don't give a shit how the game looks but people are sensitive and usually this segment produce the highest level of negativity about the game so maybe its fucking time to listen to them.

media& streams- hello 2017? Mindark are you home?redirect some pecs into this segment.

wave loot-remove this shit from the game

warnings, final warnings & ban - its time YES.about time to care and read support cases.

Keep your word: When you fucking announce something on a certain date you really need to deliver that.People have tremendous high expectation when it comes to VU so make sure everyone in your office understand the effect if you fail (which in most cases you do)

I don't have a list because I don't put down what I think.This is what briefly came through in my mind :)

My observations are that you are just quoting MA... I came across this comment by chance and I was surprised that you have balls to express your personal opinion :whistle:

I have some personal suspicions that most old players just keep secrets or are tired of repeating the same thing... or just lying to hide the truth. Therefore I'm in the forum throughout the last month even with low knowledge.. the reasons is same. Looking at the topic from 2017 and the 100 reports of fouls in the game only from December, I realize that everything is meaningless.

Status
Back